Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:39:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread  (Read 39516 times)
ROcrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2022, 09:52:42 PM

Is it normal to be in the RED for memory at around 3GB while mining in Balanced mode and BTC node running ??

Yes especially if the node is still syncing. This will nearly max out mem/cpu until its complete, nothing to worry about though as it also uses fast system swap memory on the SSD as well.

FYI Bitcoin Mag put out a cool article/getting started on the Apollo (setup instructions are even better than mine haha). Check it out!

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/guides/how-to-use-futurebit-apollo-bitcoin-node-miner

The node is not syncing anymore but it still stays in the RED (3GB) for memory.
Also, I know I have read in the past that a lightning node will be implemented in the FutureBit software, are you any closer to doing that? It is very hard for people like me to adapt the regular node setup to the specifics of the Apollo node so a guide for the Apollo it is the only way to be able to achieve that. I have no Linux experience so you can imagine how difficult it is...
Please help people like me that support your work by buying the hardware to be able to use it at its capacity. Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
an0nymousmade

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 22, 2022, 10:39:21 PM

Hello! I bought 2 Full editions. I opened one and everything is running smooth. I would just like to know from someone with more experience, a realistic Daily/Weekly profit margin running on regular mode at 2TH. I dont think or see that what I have on my "Rewards" so far is realistic to call it that way and not too low.

Thanks
WLColsher

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 02:30:58 AM

Hello! I bought 2 Full editions. I opened one and everything is running smooth. I would just like to know from someone with more experience, a realistic Daily/Weekly profit margin running on regular mode at 2TH. I dont think or see that what I have on my "Rewards" so far is realistic to call it that way and not too low.

Thanks

There is no way to to realistically estimate this. Everything depends on how "lucky" the pool gets. In Turbo mode on Slush Pool I'm seeing about 0.00000170 (plus or  minus a couple) BTC per block found. Figure about 1/3 less for your setting. Today so far Slush Pool has found 5 blocks, a few days ago it found 13 in one day. My last daily reward was 0.00001433 BTC.

Profit margin will, of course, depend on your cost of electricity and to a lesser extent internet bandwidth.

And... you don't really need 2 full packages. One "Full Package" can run 2 (maybe more?) "standard" units.

Good Luck!
SpeedForceGN

Activity: 59

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 02:31:52 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2022, 03:05:54 PM by mprep

Is it normal to be in the RED for memory at around 3GB while mining in Balanced mode and BTC node running ??

Yes especially if the node is still syncing. This will nearly max out mem/cpu until its complete, nothing to worry about though as it also uses fast system swap memory on the SSD as well.

FYI Bitcoin Mag put out a cool article/getting started on the Apollo (setup instructions are even better than mine haha). Check it out!

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/guides/how-to-use-futurebit-apollo-bitcoin-node-miner

Thank you, thank you....  I was able to use this article to gain access to NODE via SSH.  My LEDGER LIVE is the problem now (I Believe); having issues with accounts syncing with NODE.  

Thanks

There is no way to to realistically estimate this. Everything depends on how "lucky" the pool gets. In Turbo mode on Slush Pool I'm seeing about 0.00000170 (plus or  minus a couple) BTC per block found. Figure about 1/3 less for your setting. Today so far Slush Pool has found 5 blocks, a few days ago it found 13 in one day. My last daily reward was 0.00001433 BTC.

Profit margin will, of course, depend on your cost of electricity and to a lesser extent internet bandwidth.

And... you don't really need 2 full packages. One "Full Package" can run 2 (maybe more?) "standard" units.

Good Luck!

I am using ViaBTC POOL TO MINE. I am also running in turbo mode with an average of 3 T/H.  My daily return is .00001320 BTC (every 24hrs).  Also I am merge mining there, so I get tokens from 5 others.

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged, fixed broken quote]
an0nymousmade

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 02:55:15 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2022, 03:05:08 PM by mprep

Thanks

There is no way to to realistically estimate this. Everything depends on how "lucky" the pool gets. In Turbo mode on Slush Pool I'm seeing about 0.00000170 (plus or  minus a couple) BTC per block found. Figure about 1/3 less for your setting. Today so far Slush Pool has found 5 blocks, a few days ago it found 13 in one day. My last daily reward was 0.00001433 BTC.

Good Luck!

Thanks for your reply. Ill try Turbo and also see if I get a new Standard unit. I havent open the second Full yet.

Thanks

Good Luck!

I am using ViaBTC POOL TO MINE. I am also running in turbo mode with an average of 3 T/H.  My daily return is .00001320 BTC (every 24hrs).  Also I am merge mining there, so I get tokens from 5 others.

Thanks for your opinion as well. Very helpful, thanks!

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
hcraig4

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 04:20:49 AM

I noticed that in the intro thread there were plains to implement Stratum V2 - are we specifically referring to any other benefit other than auto tuning the units? I’ve seen what these can do to Antminer S9’s and it is remarkable. Is that an implementation that is in the works? @jstefanop

Sorry I believe I may be reply to a thread here instead of starting a new topic. Forgive me.

Even still, these units are remarkable. I see that I’m lucky though as I purchased my first four on eBay (paid a markup sadly but I very much wanted them. Thankfully, most recently I bought direct and just today I got shipment notification for my additional units! Very excited. I plan to continue to add more for their ease of use (I’m very much a mining newbie compared to many of you)! They are just so darn quiet, comparatively.
chinghonz

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 11:32:00 AM

The Apple of Miners - Elegant Design and Quality Hardware Here's a story...

I just want to say that FutureBit has created something really special and thought I'd show my appreciation by telling this short story.

I bought my first Apollo BTC (Full Package) last year in 2021 during the Batch 1 release. When it arrived, I thought the design was comparable to something at the level of Apple and German Engineering and the hardware craftmanship was Grade A and quite good. I plugged it in back then and just let it run. It has never faltered from what I can tell, continuously running a node with a constant 31/32 connections, and a surprising hashrate output.

I never intended to buy another miner since I really only bought the first one to "support the Bitcoin network" and for its "novelty", but this is where the story changes: one day during the summer, my two elementary-schooled daughters were playing upstairs and accidentally knocked down the Apollo BTC from a raised banister at the top of the stairs. I was not home at the time but the wife was and she said she heard the commotion of something falling/breaking onto the wooden stairs. She knows no one is supposed to touch the device so she just picked it up from the stairs and placed it back in its original place.

Upon arriving home, I heard what had happened and expected the worse. From downstairs, I could hear the fan of the Apollo BTC running so I proceeded to check the Web UI Dashboard and Slushpool and both apps were reporting 1 Worker was running. Crazy I know! I did inspect the device later and it did have a small scratch on one corner, but I was in awe, to say the least.

I ended up purchasing 2 more Apollo BTCs (Standard Packages) during the Batch 3 release that have actually just arrived this past week and they look and feel more amazing than Batch 1.

Thanks FutureBit for creating something really special on so many different levels. I wish FutureBit continued success.
SpeedForceGN

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 12:22:11 PM

Can someone please explain to me "What are hardware errors?" "What is the rejected?" "How do we fix/correct these issues?"
LatinSlovak

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 03:16:02 PM

Hello, trying to connect futurebit BTC full node to my sparrow wallet, using Putty for SSH connection, reconfigure bitcoin.config for RPC , but when I enter “cd/opt/apolloapi/backend/node .” It says no file exist or directory.. and guidance on how I should proceed.  Node and computer are set up on same network, node and miner is running with 30 node connections.. please advise
SpeedForceGN

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 04:04:54 PM

Hello, trying to connect futurebit BTC full node to my sparrow wallet, using Putty for SSH connection, reconfigure bitcoin.config for RPC , but when I enter “cd/opt/apolloapi/backend/node .” It says no file exist or directory.. and guidance on how I should proceed.  Node and computer are set up on same network, node and miner is running with 30 node connections.. please advise

Are you trying it from an another PC on the same network?
LatinSlovak

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 04:14:41 PM

Are you trying it from an another PC on the same network?

Should be on the same network , when I run the net analyzer scan I show both laptop and futurebit
n0nce

Activity: 882
Merit: 5818

not your keys, not your coins!

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2022, 04:24:57 PM

It almost seems like my miner is compromised
Then just reflash the microSD card with the iso files on the first page of this thread.
Might also just be an instable WiFi connection. Would recommend Ethernet if in any way possible..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
n0nce

Activity: 882
Merit: 5818

not your keys, not your coins!

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2022, 04:31:47 PM

I tried the reflashing and I am not on WiFi..  I'm just absolutely confused on why this one always reverts back to default pool settings every time it disconnects.
That's odd. Tried different microSD maybe? Just since it's a relatively common troubleshooting step with Raspi (and similar SBC) computers. Otherwise may need help from @jstefanop.
One thing to also try would be controlling the hashboard from a normal PC using the binaries from page 1. Just to make sure the hashboard is 100% fine. Though I don't think an issue on the hashboard should / could change settings on the Orange Pi.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
LatinSlovak

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 06:20:43 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2022, 10:37:32 PM by Mr. Big

Hello, trying to connect futurebit BTC full node to my sparrow wallet, using Putty for SSH connection, reconfigure bitcoin.config for RPC , but when I enter “cd/opt/apolloapi/backend/node .” It says no file exist or directory.. and guidance on how I should proceed.  Node and computer are set up on same network, node and miner is running with 30 node connections.. please advise

cd /opt/apolloapi/backend/node         = "no file exist or directory"  computer and miner are on same network, miner via ethernet and computer wifi , trying to bitcoin.config for RPC / SSH connection , not getting anywhere on the setup , any additional suggestions ?

Hello, trying to connect futurebit BTC full node to my sparrow wallet, using Putty for SSH connection, reconfigure bitcoin.config for RPC , but when I enter “cd/opt/apolloapi/backend/node .” It says no file exist or directory.. and guidance on how I should proceed.  Node and computer are set up on same network, node and miner is running with 30 node connections.. please advise

cd /opt/apolloapi/backend/node         = "no file exist or directory"  computer and miner are on same network, miner via ethernet and computer wifi , trying to bitcoin.config for RPC / SSH connection , not getting anywhere on the setup , any additional suggestions ?

sorry, when I place the space between "cd" and /opt    I do not get the 'no file exist or directory" message, but nothing happens I should get Nano : sudo nano bitcoin.conf
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2095
Merit: 1396

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 06:48:45 PM

I'm absolutely clueless on why my miner will mine flawlessly for days, then I'll have days where it disconnects 100+ times, what's going on?

Also, every single time it disconnects it changes my pool to - stratum+tcp://stratum+tcp://us-east.stratum.slushpool.com:3333 and the username to Topminer.01 with a password of X

It almost seems like my miner is compromised because it makes no sense on why it reverts to some random slushpool account, I've tried to mine on over 10 different pools and it'll mine great for 1-3 days then I'll experience the same exact thing where it just stops mining, changes the pool back to slushpool and restarts itself.. It DOES connect to this slushpool and it hashes.. but I can't login to the slushpool website and find that Topminer.01 at all, it seems like someone is stealing my hashes.

Sounds like your network or another device on your network is compromised. I would try reflashing your SD card to stock, if you still see it happening then someone is gaining access to your Apollo through another device on your network.

You can also change the default account/ssh password on your Apollo as well using the UI settings (we will have the dashboard password apply as the system password automaticly for additional security in the next update).

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
cd1177

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 07:04:51 PM

I'm absolutely clueless on why my miner will mine flawlessly for days, then I'll have days where it disconnects 100+ times, what's going on?

Also, every single time it disconnects it changes my pool to - stratum+tcp://stratum+tcp://us-east.stratum.slushpool.com:3333 and the username to Topminer.01 with a password of X

It almost seems like my miner is compromised because it makes no sense on why it reverts to some random slushpool account, I've tried to mine on over 10 different pools and it'll mine great for 1-3 days then I'll experience the same exact thing where it just stops mining, changes the pool back to slushpool and restarts itself.. It DOES connect to this slushpool and it hashes.. but I can't login to the slushpool website and find that Topminer.01 at all, it seems like someone is stealing my hashes.

Sounds like your network or another device on your network is compromised. I would try reflashing your SD card to stock, if you still see it happening then someone is gaining access to your Apollo through another device on your network.

You can also change the default account/ssh password on your Apollo as well using the UI settings (we will have the dashboard password apply as the system password automaticly for additional security in the next update).

I have been having the same issue.  I'm going to try and reflash. and see what happens.
wozzwinkl

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 07:53:19 PM

My Apollo BTC is up and has been mining, node is fully synced and running. However, I am getting the message "Only inbound connections detected, please enable port 8333 on your router port forwarding rules for your Apollo IP address" and it shows 10/32 connections.

I have set up forwards for port 8333 on both my security gateway and FiOS router. I had to set up a similar port forward for my Helium miner, so I know that the settings should work, but it does not appear to be working for the node.

Is there something easy I could be missing here?
SpeedForceGN

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 01:02:36 AM

So good news is that I was able to get my BITCOIN NODE connected to my Ledger Live account.  It was a little tedious, but I got it figured out.  Wish me luck that it stays connected and up and running.

Next task is that I need to set up my LIGHTNING NETWORK. I think that I am going to try C-Lightning.  From what I have found, this seem to be the best choice.  (Any help on this would be greatly appreciated).
cd1177

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 01:20:37 AM

So good news is that I was able to get my BITCOIN NODE connected to my Ledger Live account.  It was a little tedious, but I got it figured out.  Wish me luck that it stays connected and up and running.

Next task is that I need to set up my LIGHTNING NETWORK. I think that I am going to try C-Lightning.  From what I have found, this seem to be the best choice.  (Any help on this would be greatly appreciated).

what's the benefit of connecting your node to your ledger?  just curious. 
SpeedForceGN

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 01:32:59 AM

So good news is that I was able to get my BITCOIN NODE connected to my Ledger Live account.  It was a little tedious, but I got it figured out.  Wish me luck that it stays connected and up and running.

what's the benefit of connecting your node to your ledger?  just curious. 

All bitcoin transactions go from your node to you wallet and do not pass through LEDGER SERVERS
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: