Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:40:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Another New Rule On Gambling Adverts Ban Celebrities and Sports Stars  (Read 1596 times)
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1704

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2022, 12:03:11 PM

I believe not. Because they do have a point. There was also the same kind of prohibition in how to advertise cigarette brands which was very effective in lowering smoking rates in young people.

Perhaps you have a point there. By banning smoking advertisements the tobacco industry did in fact get hit by a large toll that they were not expecting and the young people did start smoking less. But that might just be a subjective view of the banning ads sitation, which might not be applicable to the gambling world. Gambling, while harmful to your mental health and wallet, might not be seen as great of a danger to merit a full advertising ban.

And if the ban is only partial, not a full ban. I think they will find new ways to go around it. So how effective can it possibly be?

The arbitrary nature of the ban is what makes me think its more of strategic move by regulators rather than by concerned parents.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
April 17, 2022, 12:18:24 PM

I think its the influence of the celebrities that they are trying to lessen the effect. Kids will always learn gambling from peers no matter how we prevent that from happening, eventually they'd find their way to wager something but its still good to have such law. Fans do buy what the celebrities promote.
We often see fans doing what celebrities do regardless of whether it's good or bad.
Besides the curiosity factor, fans see it's something cool if they can follow their idols so we can see a lot of different cases of fans trying to follow their idols.
But kids who often see celebrities plastered on a lot of media or advertisements will get the influence and effect and if it's about gambling, they can ask their peers.
It can have a bad effect because their peers do not necessarily know what they want, so children need the help of their parents or older people.
I agree. If your peers are gambling then there will be a chance that you will gamble as well, especially when you are a kid, that is the sort of way you get into "bad" things. Not that gambling is bad, but when you are 13 years old, you shouldn't do that for sure, when you are 33, nobody will care. However, celebs actually promoting is still bad, it is worse than peers.

I mean when your parents tell you that gambling is bad, and it is your peers who do it, you could actually say "maybe my peers could be wrong", but when it is a celeb that does the same thing you could say "how would my parents know, this huge celeb does it! it must be right!" and that is the scary part.
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1176

View Profile
April 17, 2022, 04:28:24 PM

I think its the influence of the celebrities that they are trying to lessen the effect. Kids will always learn gambling from peers no matter how we prevent that from happening, eventually they'd find their way to wager something but its still good to have such law. Fans do buy what the celebrities promote.
We often see fans doing what celebrities do regardless of whether it's good or bad.
Besides the curiosity factor, fans see it's something cool if they can follow their idols so we can see a lot of different cases of fans trying to follow their idols.
But kids who often see celebrities plastered on a lot of media or advertisements will get the influence and effect and if it's about gambling, they can ask their peers.
It can have a bad effect because their peers do not necessarily know what they want, so children need the help of their parents or older people.
I agree. If your peers are gambling then there will be a chance that you will gamble as well, especially when you are a kid, that is the sort of way you get into "bad" things. Not that gambling is bad, but when you are 13 years old, you shouldn't do that for sure, when you are 33, nobody will care. However, celebs actually promoting is still bad, it is worse than peers.

I mean when your parents tell you that gambling is bad, and it is your peers who do it, you could actually say "maybe my peers could be wrong", but when it is a celeb that does the same thing you could say "how would my parents know, this huge celeb does it! it must be right!" and that is the scary part.

Everyone is chasing money these days, there used to be a shred more dignity and integrity, it just seems like there are so many options for gambling companies that they will simply move on to the next "A/B/C list" celebrity until they get someone who will bend to their will or wallet. I would say that it is more the fault of regulators in every country who often seem so overwhelmed that they simply give up enforcing the law, or take such a long time to fine one person in order to settle an example, it actually has the same effect as zero regulation. More governments need to introduce percentage of total wealth fines instead of tiny fixed amounts which often become meaningless figures to multi-millionaires.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
safari88
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026

View Profile
April 17, 2022, 06:29:14 PM

Each country has its own rules to ban such commercials. Yet most organizations and governments seem completely uninterested in such bans, as it takes way too much time to implement them. I've seen the example in the Netherlands, where gambling commercials will soon be completely banned on TV and also in stadiums if I'm not mistaken. If you have a well-known personality in an advertisement, often ex professional footballers, that naturally comes across as much more powerful for new customers and also for trust.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
retreat

Activity: 1008
Merit: 371

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2022, 06:50:27 PM

I think they should also add a new rule about gambling sites to strengthen their security towards younger or underage players and for me checking the box that says "Are you 18 years old and above?" is not enough as a security check.
need more security to be able to detect whether the player is over 18 years old or not and KYC alone is not enough because the child may use someone else's identity to be accepted as playing on the gambling site. but as far as I know, until now the most effective way (to be able to know the age of a player accurately) has yet to be found.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Theones

Activity: 1204
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 17, 2022, 09:31:19 PM

I think they should also add a new rule about gambling sites to strengthen their security towards younger or underage players and for me checking the box that says "Are you 18 years old and above?" is not enough as a security check.
need more security to be able to detect whether the player is over 18 years old or not and KYC alone is not enough because the child may use someone else's identity to be accepted as playing on the gambling site. but as far as I know, until now the most effective way (to be able to know the age of a player accurately) has yet to be found.
Most of the time. kids get their account made by themselves and they are smart enough to answer some basic questions like age and other details.
But that is a good point - celebrities not endorsing gambling since it will create very negative affects on kids.

YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 17, 2022, 10:39:03 PM

Each country has its own rules to ban such commercials. Yet most organizations and governments seem completely uninterested in such bans, as it takes way too much time to implement them. I've seen the example in the Netherlands, where gambling commercials will soon be completely banned on TV and also in stadiums if I'm not mistaken. If you have a well-known personality in an advertisement, often ex professional footballers, that naturally comes across as much more powerful for new customers and also for trust.

In my opinion, the Netherlands is doing very well. Blocking only celebrities and sports stars so that they do not advertise gambling, in my opinion, will not help. Of course, this may limit the advertising power to some extent, but if children have access to this type of advertising anyway, the risk will always be there. In my opinion, only a complete ban can help.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 17, 2022, 10:47:49 PM

The most effective way of identity verification is yet to be found, which is true and this lets anyone to be into gambling unlike the age. Every country will have the national ID which can be used for verification with the usage of biometric scanner. Here the data of people need to be shared by the government, then it can be cross checked and only the proper aged person can be allowed.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 17, 2022, 10:56:00 PM

The most effective way of identity verification is yet to be found, which is true and this lets anyone to be into gambling unlike the age. Every country will have the national ID which can be used for verification with the usage of biometric scanner. Here the data of people need to be shared by the government, then it can be cross checked and only the proper aged person can be allowed.

This type of protection is effective where KYC verification is required. Let's not forget that there are still a lot of completely anonymous casinos in the world of cryptocurrencies.
What is discussed in this thread is security on a completely different level, i.e. a ban on advertising gambling, thanks to which minors can avoid being persuaded to use casinos at all.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1202

Bons.io Telegram Casino

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2022, 11:57:02 PM

In my opinion, the Netherlands is doing very well. Blocking only celebrities and sports stars so that they do not advertise gambling, in my opinion, will not help. Of course, this may limit the advertising power to some extent, but if children have access to this type of advertising anyway, the risk will always be there. In my opinion, only a complete ban can help.

Even if it is not there, there's always a risk of children playing on a gambling site children learned the concept of gaming when they are in the gaming stage it will just enhance the attraction when they saw their favorite celebrities promoting them, the best solution is for parents to be aware of their children's attitude in gambling, it's not about restriction it's more of education.

█████████████████      ███████████████    ██████████  ████████    █████████████
    █    ███████   ███████  ████████      █████  ███████████ ████████    ██████   ██████ 
        █████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████████████████  ████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ▅▅  ████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████████████████  ████████
  █  ▀▀  ████████████████    ████████      █████  ████████████████████    ██████████████
     ▅▅████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████████████████              █████   
       ▀▀████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████████████████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄      █████
▅▅▅▅▄ ████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████ ███████████  ▀▀██████████████
        █████████████████     ████████████████   ████████ ███████████    ▀▀▀██████████

Your Intro
Telegram Casino
to Fun & Entertainment
The Next-Gen
Gaming Space
     ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
  ▄▄█████████████▄▄
██▀               ▀████▄
                       ██
   ██            ■■    ██
 ██████        ■■  ■■  ███
   ██    ▀ ▀     ■■    ███     
     ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃        ██
    █████████████      ██
    ██          ████████▀
████▀           ▀█████▀
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
April 18, 2022, 05:44:10 AM

This is even a fair rule if implemented properly because Legit casinos will follow this  rules but what about those fakers and scammers? surely they will keep using artist and celebrities behind their back just to lure Players.
best if the strict implementation will be on both ways, and also who will run this rules? and how big will be the covered areas? only Europe? what about other continent that also has this same problem, best to let the world has this and maybe we will save more young people to become addicted.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
April 18, 2022, 05:50:32 AM

Even if it is not there, there's always a risk of children playing on a gambling site children learned the concept of gaming when they are in the gaming stage it will just enhance the attraction when they saw their favorite celebrities promoting them, the best solution is for parents to be aware of their children's attitude in gambling, it's not about restriction it's more of education.
I agree. If the parents are educating their children and explaining the risk of gambling, then they will understand and remember what was taught to them when they see in the internet the ads about gambling. A kid who obey his/her parents and has discipline cant be lure to gamble because they know its not appropriate for them to do so. On the other side, banning celebs and sports stars are a good move to prevent the youth for trying to play just because they idolize who advertise the particular site, because their presence can influence them.

noormcs5

Activity: 2632
Merit: 613

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
April 18, 2022, 06:23:49 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2022, 06:45:44 AM by noormcs5

Kids usually follow thier peers and and if any kid friend is playing gambling, its hard for that kid to avoid gambling. However if the parents are strict, only then the children can be stooped from gambling.
Apart from this, it is a good initiave that kids will not be shown in gambling ads. Atleast kids wont be tempted to gamblie after seeing such ads. However, i will emphasize a lot depends on the parents on how they discourage thier children from playing gamblng.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 18, 2022, 07:44:01 AM

After all, I am not saying that simply banning gambling advertising entirely will completely solve the problem of access for children. Of course, parents should try control this and also try to educate them. It's just that both of these things are the best solution at same time.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Wind_FURY
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1825

View Profile
April 18, 2022, 08:17:55 AM

I believe not. Because they do have a point. There was also the same kind of prohibition in how to advertise cigarette brands which was very effective in lowering smoking rates in young people.

Perhaps you have a point there. By banning smoking advertisements the tobacco industry did in fact get hit by a large toll that they were not expecting and the young people did start smoking less. But that might just be a subjective view of the banning ads sitation, which might not be applicable to the gambling world. Gambling, while harmful to your mental health and wallet, might not be seen as great of a danger to merit a full advertising ban.

I don't know where you're from, because as I know it, gambling ads are freely shown during football games, and other sporting events in the United Kingdom. That's why they don't want celebrities and sports stars in advertisements connected to casinos and gambling.

I believe gambling ads are even banned entirely in some countries.

And if the ban is only partial, not a full ban. I think they will find new ways to go around it. So how effective can it possibly be?

That's another debate. But they will be fined or have their licenses revoked if they are caught doing that.

The arbitrary nature of the ban is what makes me think its more of strategic move by regulators rather than by concerned parents.

It's only arbitrary because there are so many sports stars and celebrities for the regulators to choose from. But the intent of the rule is clear in my opinion.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2022, 08:33:19 AM

I don't know where you're from, because as I know it, gambling ads are freely shown during football games, and other sporting events in the United Kingdom. That's why they don't want celebrities and sports stars in advertisements connected to casinos and gambling.

As far as I know, the number of countries where advertising gambling is completely prohibited is quite long.
I think the restrictions that are being introduced in England are just a step towards getting Britain on this list as well. I think that the government of UK, due to the fact that the gambling industry there is huge, wants to introduce such restrictions gradually so as not to provoke too much protests from bookmakers.
Maslate

Activity: 2996
Merit: 678

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
April 18, 2022, 08:37:46 AM

As far as I know, the number of countries where advertising gambling is completely prohibited is quite long.
I think the restrictions that are being introduced in England are just a step towards getting Britain on this list as well. I think that the government of UK, due to the fact that the gambling industry there is huge, wants to introduce such restrictions gradually so as not to provoke too much protests from bookmakers.

So eventually they'll ban gambling? Is that what you are trying to imply?

IMO, the government just doesn't want to promote gambling so people will not easily get attracted, the thing is, those who are in the low earners' bracket are usually the ones who gamble more and some of them are irresponsible and cause life destruction, in the end, it cannot be blamed on gambling sites but government have their own rules in minimizing the problem.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

= jasad =

View Profile
April 18, 2022, 08:44:10 AM

Usually children have favorite celebrities and they will allow what celebrities promoting and actually with gambling, I think here most important with parent controlling how keep away their children from gambling world and not good thing begin gambling under 18 years old. Exactly when getting money from their parent so better keep study and take focus how grow up without have gambling on their mind. I think they can leave several celebrities favorite if try to advertise with gambling platform.
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2022, 09:15:41 AM

IMO, the government just doesn't want to promote gambling so people will not easily get attracted, the thing is, those who are in the low earners' bracket are usually the ones who gamble more and some of them are irresponsible and cause life destruction, in the end, it cannot be blamed on gambling sites but government have their own rules in minimizing the problem.

I did not say that the government wants to ban gambling, but that the restrictions it introduces, i.e. in this case banning celebrities and sports stars for advertising, are a step towards banning gambling advertising.
Gambling is too profitable for the state budget to be completely banned.
Desmong

Activity: 812
Merit: 13

Crypto bookmaker and casino

View Profile
April 18, 2022, 10:11:18 AM

I don't the government is trying to ban gambling but they are  trying to prevent the influence from the use of football celebrities to attract children and youth in getting into gambling. The aim of this is to reduce gambling addicted that had been so rampard on upcoming youths. This law enforcement will help to reduce the effects of gambling ads, promotion of gambling platforms on children and youths using their favorite stars and legends.

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: