I am not afraid, I am sure that we will see quite some upset results and I even don't correlate this feeling to Nations League games. I am sure of this because of the teams playing in Champions which are very different and the betting around them which is massive. I remember some team winning with an odd of 23 against Manchester City and beating them in their home stadium, I think we can see a replication of such happening even in this season.
Was that during the first season of the Champions League in the new format? I remember City and PSG hovering near the bottom for a long time back then, and at one point it looked like they might even miss out on the top 24. And yes, there is no doubt we’ll see plenty of upsets, but unfortunately, it’s unlikely we’ll see the kind where a big club fails to make the playoffs. So far, in 2 seasons, we have only Napoli who have managed to pull off such a trick (and while still holding the status of Italian champions, haha).