Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:14:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: No longer tin-hat conspiracy theory: FEMA Camps Everywhere  (Read 5562 times)
Harvey (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2011, 05:18:57 PM

http://lewrockwell.com/slavo/slavo79.1.html

For the better part of two decades FEMA detention camps were believed to be a figment of tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists. As more information over the years has been made available through alternative news researchers like Alex Jones in his full length documentary Police State 4 and former governor Jesse Venutra's FEMA camp exposé, it is becoming increasingly clear that the government has been taking steps for quite some time to ensure a rapid and effective response in the event of a national disaster or U.S. military deployment on American soil.

As many of our readers know, the U.S. Senate recently passed the National Defense Authorization Act, which, it has been argued, authorizes the establishment of domestic war zones and the subsequent detention of those who are suspected of engaging in terrorist-related activity – including, arguably, U.S. citizens. What you may not know, however, is that just days after the passage of the act reports are surfacing that the Federal Emergency Management Agency, under the auspices of the Department of Homeland Security, is requisitioning private contractors to provide services for government, defense & infrastructure pertaining specifically to FEMA activities with respect to emergency services.

At first glance, this may seem like no big deal. Why shouldn't the government prepare for emergencies?

However, a review of an email made available through Info Wars from Kellogg, Brown & Root Services (KBR), a subsidiary of mega government contractor Haliburton, notes that the contracting opportunities available through the government and KBR are specifically for "temporary camp services and facilities."

Key Excerpts from the email and Project Overview:

Kellogg, Brown and Root Services (KBR) is seeking subscontractors on a national basis to provide temporary camp services and facilities as part of its current and future emergency services contracts for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), and state/local government agencies.
The continental US will be broken up into five regions – Services will be required in each State within each region.
Establish services listed below within 72 hours for initial set-up and respond within 24 hours for incremental services. This is a CONTINGENCY PROJECT and it should be stressed that lead times will be short with critical requirements due to the nature of emergency responses. Subcontractors must be flexible and able to handle multiple, shifting priorities in an emergency environment. Supply lines needed must be short but not necessarily pre-positioned.
The personnel on site to be covered by these services will depend on the size and scope of the recovery effort, but for estimating purposes the camp will range in size from 301 to 2,000 persons for up to 30 days in length.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 06:09:12 PM

Still a tin-hat conspiracy theory.

So what if FEMA is preparing "camps"?  What do all these conspiracy theorists think is going to happen?  The military suddenly puts everyone in the nation into camps?  Yeah, right.
Harvey (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2011, 06:31:45 PM

So what if FEMA is preparing "camps"?  What do all these conspiracy theorists think is going to happen?  The military suddenly puts everyone in the nation into camps?  Yeah, right.
The military is going to put "terrorists" into these camps. In other words, civilians with anti-government leanings that they don't happen to like.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 06:37:58 PM

The military is going to put "terrorists" into these camps. In other words, civilians with anti-government leanings that they don't happen to like.
I'll protest it when it happens, and if it happens to people who aren't terrorists.  Until then, it's just a conspiracy theory to me.
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 07:25:50 PM

Hmm.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2011, 09:44:56 PM

is there a plain list of addresses for these things somewhere?

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 10:24:02 PM

Who needs camps anyway, when your president can already assassinate you at will and the military detain you forever with no trial or anything?

I'll protest it when it happens, and if it happens to people who aren't terrorists.  Until then, it's just a conspiracy theory to me.

By then, it would be too late. Now is the time to protest while you still can.

http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=7688&updaterx=2011-12-09+13%3A56%3A19

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 10:57:21 PM

Who needs camps anyway, when your president can already assassinate you at will and the military detain you forever with no trial or anything?

I'll protest it when it happens, and if it happens to people who aren't terrorists.  Until then, it's just a conspiracy theory to me.

By then, it would be too late. Now is the time to protest while you still can.

http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=7688&updaterx=2011-12-09+13%3A56%3A19
I'm not worried.  The president has no reason to assassinate me, or detain me without trail.  I am not a suspicious person.
P4man

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 10:58:44 PM

First they came for the communists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
    and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Harvey (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2011, 11:02:48 PM

I've already seen government IPs in my Gmail inbox. I know I am on terrorist watch lists. I am leaving the country for a reason. Mind you, I am not remotely violent. Anarchistic? Unremorsefully.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 11:06:23 PM

First they came for the communists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
    and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Again, I am not conspiracy-theorist enough to think that this would happen.  At least in my lifetime.  Call me naive, or stupid, or whatever, but I prefer to not live a life of paranoia.

I've already seen government IPs in my Gmail inbox. I know I am on terrorist watch lists. I am leaving the country for a reason. Mind you, I am not remotely violent.
Sorry to hear.
Vanderbleek

Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 01:57:53 AM

Why would they put terrorists into prison camps on US soil? We have perfectly good jails overseas for that.

I for one think that this is the result of Katrina. You have to remember, the government is kinda slow -- if you're looking for a cause for current actions, you need to look a few years back.
P4man

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 07:33:28 AM

Again, I am not conspiracy-theorist enough to think that this would happen.  At least in my lifetime.  Call me naive, or stupid, or whatever, but I prefer to not live a life of paranoia.

Im not asking you to stand up against those alleged camps. I have no idea if thats true or not, or what its purposes is, but its irrelevant. What is relevant is the power your government has assumed that allows it -among so many other things- to use them. That is, to detain you without charges, without trial, without recourse. Thats what I would fight tooth and nail if I lived in the US. Not because I expect massive abuse by the current administration, but by a future one. And by then it will too late. From the patriot act to this National Defense Authorization Act and everything in between, almost all pieces are in place for a fascist dictatorship. You dont have to be paranoid to fear that.

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 08:29:06 AM

Im not asking you to stand up against those alleged camps. I have no idea if thats true or not, or what its purposes is, but its irrelevant. What is relevant is the power your government has assumed that allows it -among so many other things- to use them. That is, to detain you without charges, without trial, without recourse. Thats what I would fight tooth and nail if I lived in the US. Not because I expect massive abuse by the current administration, but by a future one. And by then it will too late. From the patriot act to this National Defense Authorization Act and everything in between, almost all pieces are in place for a fascist dictatorship. You dont have to be paranoid to fear that.
I'm indifferent.  I actually agree with those things - I think the world is too politically-correct, and that sometimes, rules need to be broken.  I would rather they detain a person without charges than another 9/11 happen.  I do understand and appreciate your fears as well though - I just feel that we are still so far away from something like that happening that I have no need to speak out against it.
fellowtraveler

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 08:58:05 AM

I'm not afraid of the detention camps popping up all over my country. After all, I'm not a criminal. I've got nothing to hide. If you are against them, then you are probably a criminal.

co-founder, Monetas
creator, Open-Transactions
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 09:08:03 AM

I'm not afraid of the detention camps popping up all over my country. After all, I'm not a criminal. I've got nothing to hide. If you are against them, then you are probably a criminal.
Well, they're all afraid that they'll start detaining non-criminals for non-crimes.  Like, just being anti-government or something.  I don't see that happening without a huge uproar about it from the people.
P4man

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 12:21:20 PM

Well, they're all afraid that they'll start detaining non-criminals for non-crimes.  Like, just being anti-government or something.  I don't see that happening without a huge uproar about it from the people.

Its a gradual process, aka a slippery slope and you are sliding VERY fast. As a non US citizen it really frightens me to see you heading down the road to tyranny. Do read up on the rise of Nazis in the 30s, there are striking parallels.
What is happening in the US now on a regular basis would have been unthinkable and caused huge outcries only a few decades ago and likewise what you consider unthinkable now may well cause an equally deafening silence in a few years particularly if the country is in a bigger turmoil.

Already US citizens seem to accept their president can liquidate US citizens without due process by just saying he is a terrorist (and with virtually no evidence to support it). Other top politicians called Julian Assange a "terrorist". That guy that was jailed for coining his own money, that was labeled an act of terrorism. Software piracy and hacking is being linked to terrorism. How long until they throw people like that in Gitmo, or a drone attack becomes acceptable? Unthinkable? The legal basis is already in place. If you dont stand up to it now, dont be surprised when it actually happens.

westkybitcoins
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 04:46:10 PM

I'm indifferent.  I actually agree with those things - I think the world is too politically-correct, and that sometimes, rules need to be broken.  I would rather they detain a person without charges than another 9/11 happen.  I do understand and appreciate your fears as well though - I just feel that we are still so far away from something like that happening that I have no need to speak out against it.

Wow.

*Turns to the rest of the world.*

NOW do you see why things are the way they are here? My suggestion to the rest of you: stay far, far away from this country until it stops reacting in fear and comes to its senses.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
westkybitcoins
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 04:54:06 PM

Just as an aside, you probably are a criminal. The average US citizen commits three felonies a day, without meaning to. Since none of us has time to go through the thousands of pages and rules and laws that pertain to us, that fact is often not discovered until after you've ticked off some bureaucrat, cop or nosy neighbor and they decide to ruin your life with a single anonymous phone call,  trumped up charge or little rule they pull out just for spite.

There's a reason the US has the largest "criminal" population in the world. No, that's not per capita, it's the largest in terms of raw numbers.

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 05:27:36 PM

Well, they're all afraid that they'll start detaining non-criminals for non-crimes.  Like, just being anti-government or something.  I don't see that happening without a huge uproar about it from the people.

Its a gradual process, aka a slippery slope and you are sliding VERY fast. As a non US citizen it really frightens me to see you heading down the road to tyranny. Do read up on the rise of Nazis in the 30s, there are striking parallels.
What is happening in the US now on a regular basis would have been unthinkable and caused huge outcries only a few decades ago and likewise what you consider unthinkable now may well cause an equally deafening silence in a few years particularly if the country is in a bigger turmoil.

Already US citizens seem to accept their president can liquidate US citizens without due process by just saying he is a terrorist (and with virtually no evidence to support it). Other top politicians called Julian Assange a "terrorist". That guy that was jailed for coining his own money, that was labeled an act of terrorism. Software piracy and hacking is being linked to terrorism. How long until they throw people like that in Gitmo, or a drone attack becomes acceptable? Unthinkable? The legal basis is already in place. If you dont stand up to it now, dont be surprised when it actually happens.
They accept it, because of 9/11.  If some terrorists need to be liquidated to prevent another 9/11, then that is ok in my book.  Even if some of them turn up to be innocent.  I would rather one innocent person die than thousands.

If it makes you feel any better, I am a vast minority in that viewpoint.  In fact, I do not know of anyone who shares it with me.  So, most of America is NOT ok with these things.  I just think it makes sense to kill one person (or a handful of people) in order to save many.  I do not believe the judicial system always has enough proof or power to prevent a catastrophic event, and that is why I believe the rules need to be broken from time to time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: