Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:04:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Smart to sell at a loss in anticipation?  (Read 2548 times)
Carra23
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Need a campaign manager? PM me

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:12:34 AM

Probably would not advise you to sell now. But I did sell above 500 as it was clearly struggling there.

If there is a bounce up next week and goes close to 600 then you can sell.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:33:15 AM

Bounces are common in this realm. I wouldn't try selling in an attempt to regain losses. Although, if the price does dip as low as you anticipate, it gives a reason to buy more. And in the case that it does balance off at $500 after that dip, your losses would be balanced. (Assuming you both bought an equal amount at $400 and $600.)
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:00:32 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 04:12:22 AM by MatTheCat

Not a good time at all, from a day traders point of view. the panic sellers have just been, now it's up or sideways for some time. think about it.

As rational as this sounds, I would suggest that there is a clear bear pennant being formed on the Bitcoin chart, although the OP certainly has a dilemma on his hands. 9/10 times, when I have made a bum trade and covered my losses, Bitcoin has always at some point in the future provided an opportunity that would have allowed me to either break even or indeed take a large profit. However, the longer Bitcoin trends along in this sub $530 range, on low volume, the more likely that when the volume picks up again, it is going to be of the sell-off variety, especially considering the China situation where there are still clearly many trading in CNY who for some reason don't feel threatened by the rumours of the PBOCs 15th April stance on CNY exchanges, yet!

TA 101 is pointing to more downside after this bear flag/pennant completes.

The fundamentals are looking scary with the PBOC rumours.

Anyone who is feeling bullish right now is relying on some kind of X-Factor, such as in early March when some seemingly lone investor turned up on Bitstamp with tens of millions USD at his disposal and started placing 3K Bid orders right at the spot price resulting in an avalanche of panic buying. If I was the OP, I would be watching the markets like a hawk right now, especially Huobi where any great sell off pressure is likely to occur first. I would be watching closely for Bitcoin to test the $530-$550 range. If it can break beyond here then he might be able to get out with even money. If it gets up to this range, or anywhere below this and behaves decidedly weak, or is met with huge selling pressure, then he may want to consider cutting his losses around here. If we break below $460, then this sucker is going to go down fkn hard and will very likely break below $380-$400, which would of course make the whole Dec 2013 - April 2014 period into one giant descending bear triangle, with a floor being formed in $380 - $400 range, and subesequently broken! In such a situation, the basement really would be the limit for Bitcoin.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:36:43 AM

It's safer to hold now, and buy more if it hits $400.

True, there is a whole bunch of good news all over the place.

arepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:38:38 AM

True, there is a whole bunch of good news all over the place.

this is very reassuring Tongue

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
rm1023

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:01:05 AM

We are at the bottom.  It might dip to 450 or even 400, but I doubt much less.  2x last previous ATH is how it has normally stabilized and then it pops after a while to a new ATH.  I give it 8 months or so hit a new ATH.  
m3g4tr0n

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:05:22 PM

It's very tempting and very risky. If a dip that size were to happen, you could increase your holdings for free. If the dip doesn't happen, you will regret it for years. I will be looking for ways to save a bunch of fiat offline in anticipation of another big drop. What do you own besides BTC that could be sold at fair value? An extra car or something? Look at the 15m graph for BTC/CNY on OKcoin. The volume is gone. All the panic selling is over. You would need some kind of assurance that Chinese MSM will do a major story about the confirmed ban of BTC in China, no questions, just a solid NO from the Chinese PTB. I'm disappointed in my own timing because I sold all my LTC at 16.9 and bought back at 16.3, just a few hours before the red waterfall to 12.3 (FML).  Right now, predicting which way it will go seems harder than ever. The short term seems oddly stable at 500, so I wouldn't risk it.
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:14:37 PM

All technical and news relating to the Chinese have been pointing at btc easily reaching $400 or less. I have bought coins at an average of like $600 so I just wanted to hear the opinions of whether its not a bad idea to sell now and buy back more when it hits $400 or less.

Sure it is smart if the price goes down further. OTOH I know someone who sold @ 63 in July for the same reason, almost exactly hitting the low. I for one know that I'd bend over backwards and bite my own balls off if I miss the next rally just because I could not resist gambling for some change.

In addition, gambling for change is taxable. Hodling is not in many jurisdictions.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
Sawadekub

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:34:36 PM

21st march.. btcCHINA ceo said that china did not really ban bitcoin..

dude use your brains... u think huobi ceo + litecoin CEO + btcchina CEO do not have friends from the goverment?

of course they do.. so do u think they will have the news first or the corrupted reporters that will report for $ that tells the truth??

its like if your the MANAGER if there is any news.. do u think the director of your department will tell the manager first or your staff or your cleaner?

of course your manager will know first, not your mum or dad !!

wake up.. use some IQ please.. of course the damn bloody news is fake...ITS A FUD.. so dont get FK up by a FUD...
Sawadekub

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:44:55 PM

21st march.. btcCHINA ceo said that china did not really ban bitcoin..

dude use your brains... u think huobi ceo + litecoin CEO + btcchina CEO do not have friends from the goverment?

of course they do.. so do u think they will have the news first or the corrupted reporters that will report for $ that tells the truth??

its like if your the MANAGER if there is any news.. do u think the director of your department will tell the manager first or your staff or your cleaner?

of course your manager will know first, not your mum or dad !!

wake up.. use some IQ please.. of course the damn bloody news is fake...ITS A FUD.. so dont get FK up by a FUD...

I take it you bought in high, as you are copy pasting this panic message in multiple topics?

not really high... i bought low before when mtgox crash and haven sell them.. ^^ just feel that its time wasting
gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:45:28 PM

Once this persistent rumor is confirmed, Its gonna get really ugly when bulls ( knife-catchers) and hodlers panic and capitulate as it pops.
Sheer Panic and unreal prices is not excluded in the coming weeks..

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:27:41 PM

The longer you hold, you are more at a loss.

Trend and price before 1 month:

Trend and price today, It not look good, the price follows the trend

See you again within a month with trend lines and current price.

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
toxic0n

Activity: 413

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:05:03 PM

Lol Igorr, you posted the exact same message in multiple threads.
I get that you are depending on bitcoin price collapse so you can make money, but can you restrict your "analysis" to one thread? It's really annoying and you are convincing no one
igorr

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:09:00 PM

I get that you are depending on bitcoin price collapse so you can make money, but can you restrict your "analysis" to one thread? It's really annoying and you are convincing no one

Obviously, you fear is that people see this  Huh

segeln

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:36:31 PM

igorr,the king of trolling
igorr

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:49:08 PM

igorr,the king of trolling

Then please just buy,  give all your money for bitcoin, much buy.
Sell your house and everything and invest in bitcoin.

toxic0n

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:52:02 PM

What? I have nothing to gain from spreading lies. I barely own any bitcoins and not planning on speculating.
You have money to make from spreading fear. I get it. Just be less transparent and annoying about it, please. You are about as subtle as the propaganda on Russian news   Cheesy
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:55:56 PM

Once this persistent rumor is confirmed, Its gonna get really ugly when bulls ( knife-catchers) and hodlers panic and capitulate as it pops.
Sheer Panic and unreal prices is not excluded in the coming weeks..

It is possible you are very wrong.
The China story is getting old, and being replaced by good news.
People in Denmark can buy the cheaper BTC (on non-Chinese exchanges), and legally pay no taxes on the profits.

igorr

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:05:19 PM

What? I have nothing to gain from spreading lies. I barely own any bitcoins and not planning on speculating.
You have money to make from spreading fear. I get it. Just be less transparent and annoying about it, please. You are about as subtle as the propaganda on Russian news   Cheesy

Then, let the people yourself assessing whether these are lies or not.

toxic0n

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:17:28 PM

Then, let the people yourself assessing whether these are lies or not.

Lol, I'm sure they can since I don't see anyone buying your FUD. Just stop spamming every thread, you already have your own thread to tell stories.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: