Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:11:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MUN] Muniti: First touristic cryptocurrency - X11, D2D - Multi-algo soon  (Read 120436 times)
richardn1987

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:32:31 PM

Due to the fact that some people have placed Muniti onto exchanges, we decided it would be best not to muddle things further and leave the situation untouched. However, we shall not be listing the exchanges on the OP or on the website for the time being. I am personally especially disappointed with CCTrade for listing the coin without them having even contacted us beforehand. I hope nothing of the sort repeats itself in the future and that any exchanges should first contact me or any of the Development Team via email before listing us. I will be listing that warning later on today in the OP so as to be clear with everyone. We appreciate any help given but please ensure that it is in line with our schedule and with our plans. Thank you.

Can't you ignore CCtrade but promote Bittrex? Personally I doubt if people put Muniti on CCTrade already.

I think Bittrex is a good thing. Best promote it to create buy order before the price drops.
radi324 (OP)

Activity: 196

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 03:40:50 PM

Due to the fact that some people have placed Muniti onto exchanges, we decided it would be best not to muddle things further and leave the situation untouched. However, we shall not be listing the exchanges on the OP or on the website for the time being. I am personally especially disappointed with CCTrade for listing the coin without them having even contacted us beforehand. I hope nothing of the sort repeats itself in the future and that any exchanges should first contact me or any of the Development Team via email before listing us. I will be listing that warning later on today in the OP so as to be clear with everyone. We appreciate any help given but please ensure that it is in line with our schedule and with our plans. Thank you.

Can't you ignore CCtrade but promote Bittrex? Personally I doubt if people put Muniti on CCTrade already.

I think Bittrex is a good thing. Best promote it to create buy order before the price drops.

We will not be promoting any exchange until we have our agenda/plan in its proper place. It is not our fault if things were misunderstood. We are not concerned with the price dropping, dripping, spiking, exploding, atomising etc. in the short-term as first of all this is a long-term project and secondly we had planned to focus on exchanges next week. There is a ton of stuff happening behind the scenes and we try our best to keep everything in line and in order. Exchanges are free to operate but they will not be receiving our support until late in the weekend, otherwise we will be spread too thin and risk focusing on too many things at once, which would be extremely detrimental for the whole project. I hope you all understand this position, and that it has been taken in the best interests of Muniti and every one of its supporters.

[MUN] Muniti - Malta's National Cryptocurrency - http://www.muniticoin.com/

Bitcointalk thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=545886.0
richardn1987

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:44:37 PM

Clear enough, you have my support  Grin
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:45:19 PM

I think exchanges should be adding coins at their own discretion and as they please, without asking any coin creator. In fact they should be adding coins without even being asked - that's how it should be done and bravo to the exchanges that did act as they should.

On the other hand, it's the coins developers responsibility to be ready for all market reactions instead of trying to control the market themselves to achieve perfect timing with what they are planning etc. If the value of the coin is low, ok or high, so be it. It'll adjust itself over time in reaction to the fundamentals. If someone believes that a small exchange is bad for price and that the price will be low over there, then this implies a buying opportunity where one can go to that small exchange and sweep all the cheap coins for nothing, raising the price as a consequence. That's how the market operates and its fine, whether its a small exchange, a large exchange or an exchange listing which was early or late a few days.

If you have value, it'll show in the board. If not, it's not the exchanges fault.

radi324 (OP)

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 03:56:05 PM

I think exchanges should be adding coins at their own discretion and as they please, without asking any coin creator. In fact they should be adding coins without even being asked - that's how it should be done and bravo to the exchanges that did act as they should.

On the other hand, it's the coins developers responsibility to be ready for all market reactions instead of trying to control the market themselves to achieve perfect timing with what they are planning etc. If the value of the coin is low, ok or high, so be it. It'll adjust itself over time in reaction to the fundamentals. If someone believes that a small exchange is bad for price and that the price will be low over there, then this implies a buying opportunity where one can go to that small exchange and sweep all the cheap coins for nothing, raising the price as a consequence. That's how the market operates and its fine, whether its a small exchange, a large exchange, a listing which was early or after a few days.

If you have value, it'll show in the board. If not, it's not the exchanges fault.

We are marketing Muniti as a product, and as far as I know, products are distributed according to the producer's plans. It is a promotional product and I feel that at the very least, we should be notified of any major changes. We are not overly concerned with the exchanges which list Muniti at a later stage, but at this very premature stage, we felt that it would be too early to have Muniti listed without any form of screening of such exchanges. I understand that most of you are used to coins being created haphazardly and without any real vision, with a laissez-faire attitude and a come-what-may take to things, but it is imperative to know that there is a team behind Muniti which has already invested a lot of time and personal money into this project and would not want things to go awry simply because of the practice which has been adopted so far for the majority of cryptocurrencies out there. It is not the fact that Muniti was listed on these exchanges which irritated us, but it is the fact that we are currently stripped of the leisure of time and we need to alter our promotional plans accordingly due to these sudden changes.

That being said, we are working hard to step things up a bit and cater for the listing of Muniti on exchanges. Stay tuned and thank you for your support.

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:05:47 PM

On the other hand, it's the coins developers responsibility to be ready for all market reactions instead of trying to control the market themselves to achieve perfect timing with what they are planning etc. If the value of the coin is low, ok or high, so be it. It'll adjust itself over time in reaction to the fundamentals. If someone believes that a small exchange is bad for price and that the price will be low over there, then this implies a buying opportunity where one can go to that small exchange and sweep all the cheap coins for nothing, raising the price as a consequence. That's how the market operates and its fine, whether its a small exchange, a large exchange, a listing which was early or after a few days.

We are marketing Muniti as a product, and as far as I know, products are distributed according to the producer's plans. It is a promotional product and I feel that at the very least, we should be notified of any major changes.

You should always assume that the market will do its own. You can't plan your marketing with assumptions on how others should behave. From the moment you go out and the coin is live, it should be assumed that one or more exchanges could adopt the coin at any time. Otherwise, if you believe that an early listing will hurt you, you shouldn't be launching the coin to begin with unless you are ready in those aspects that you feel are lacking right now and need more work.

Having a work-in-progress is not something to be feared, from my point of view. Rather it adds to the expectation and future speculation about a coin. If you are ready in everything from day 1 and then you have nothing going on for the future, that's the real problem as all cards are on the table and there is not much speculation on what could happen, other than if a pumper will come along.

It is not the fact that Muniti was listed on these exchanges which irritated us, but it is the fact that we are currently stripped of the leisure of time and we need to alter our promotional plans accordingly due to these sudden changes.

Yes, well, the best way to do that is to not launch and wait until you are ready. The market is always acting on its own and waits for nobody to take their time. Lesson learned right there Cool
gpuminer

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:42:11 PM

We are marketing Muniti as a product, and as far as I know, products are distributed according to the producer's plans. It is a promotional product and I feel that at the very least, we should be notified of any major changes. We are not overly concerned with the exchanges which list Muniti at a later stage, but at this very premature stage, we felt that it would be too early to have Muniti listed without any form of screening of such exchanges. I understand that most of you are used to coins being created haphazardly and without any real vision, with a laissez-faire attitude and a come-what-may take to things, but it is imperative to know that there is a team behind Muniti which has already invested a lot of time and personal money into this project and would not want things to go awry simply because of the practice which has been adopted so far for the majority of cryptocurrencies out there. It is not the fact that Muniti was listed on these exchanges which irritated us, but it is the fact that we are currently stripped of the leisure of time and we need to alter our promotional plans accordingly due to these sudden changes.

That being said, we are working hard to step things up a bit and cater for the listing of Muniti on exchanges. Stay tuned and thank you for your support.

good reply. Once muniti get to decent exchange , those small exchange will die off eventually. I saw some mindless miner selling their muniti for 0.00003 BTC at https://www.bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-MUN , they failed as a miner. If they were to sell at that price , might as well dont mine in the first place. There are other coins which give way better profit.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. Sw4sYCL3h9NjLu1i9d6YSSsuQZQztFR7jW
124C41

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

EVERYTHING YOU CAN IMAGINE IS REAL

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:51:50 PM

Has anyone tested the wallet?

The downloaded zip file unzips to a folder and there is no launchable QT application inside.

The Mac OSX wallet has been created by OCminer, who already runs the suprnova pool and has been supporting Muniti since the launch. I will allocate the bounty to him, but please feel free to send him donations for the excellent work which he has conducted so far:

mSnXqgDew2CU9mfaeEMxz4XaVBUjx5MsLL

Link for the wallet:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ta9ko2ksiw3302/MunitiMacOSX.zip

It has been compiled on the latest Maverick 10.9

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right.
BTC: 1Ex3zmaHoqbMBUWQVcG7kdTCktyng7Ld9M LTC: Lhrp8G9EjoyKCqKAmtuprUcV9KvqZQKAfk
radi324 (OP)

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 07:25:08 PM

The downloaded zip file unzips to a folder and there is no launchable QT application inside.

The Mac OSX wallet has been created by OCminer, who already runs the suprnova pool and has been supporting Muniti since the launch. I will allocate the bounty to him, but please feel free to send him donations for the excellent work which he has conducted so far:

Link for the wallet:

It might be a simple thing - did you check all the folders?

124C41

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:09:57 PM

Yes checked all folders.
Does seem to be packaged properly. Have you tried it?

Link for the wallet:

richiela

Activity: 937
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:25:49 AM

Hey guys,

I just wanted to chime in based on what i've been reading...  Part of our goal in running an exchange is to provide the best platform for coins to succeed.  Most of the time we are contacted by devs... others we are contacted by a large number of people inquiring about it.  Either way, our goal is to help the community by providing a safe and reliable place for people to trade.  Its an unfortunate reality that once you release source of the wallet, anyone can put up a pool/exchange/faucet/whatever... We are happy to work with devs if they contact us ahead of launch time, but in circumstances like this, our only course of action is to try and run our business.

That said, it is completely up to this community to promote or not promote us.  I'd like to think you'd want to build partnerships with exchanges that are willing to help your community without costs associated with the "big" exchanges.  Our goal is to BE a big exchange and continue to provide excellent service to everyone.  It is never our intention to be disruptive, so please accept my apologies.

Thanks,
Richie

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
coine_smithe

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:25:58 AM

Hey guys,

I just wanted to chime in based on what i've been reading...  Part of our goal in running an exchange is to provide the best platform for coins to succeed.  Most of the time we are contacted by devs... others we are contacted by a large number of people inquiring about it.  Either way, our goal is to help the community by providing a safe and reliable place for people to trade.  Its an unfortunate reality that once you release source of the wallet, anyone can put up a pool/exchange/faucet/whatever... We are happy to work with devs if they contact us ahead of launch time, but in circumstances like this, our only course of action is to try and run our business.

That said, it is completely up to this community to promote or not promote us.  I'd like to think you'd want to build partnerships with exchanges that are willing to help your community without costs associated with the "big" exchanges.  Our goal is to BE a big exchange and continue to provide excellent service to everyone.  It is never our intention to be disruptive, so please accept my apologies.

Thanks,
Richie

Richie I really appreciate the comment - you seem to be doing it right by the community here. I'm really impressed to see an exchange reach out like this. I'm sure you meant no harm. Personally I think what you were doing would have thrilled other devs but I also respect the dev of this coin for their ambition and what they want to do with the coin. It seems like they really want to make this coin special. I think with luck there will be no harm done from this and we can laugh it off.
RealMiner

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 09:33:45 AM

My wallet doesn't sync. Can someone post the .conf file with more addnodes?
Thanks

Here is the getpeerinfo working peers:

Code:
01:19:06

getpeerinfo
01:19:06

"addr" : "195.154.86.67:3518",
"addr" : "69.90.132.99:3518",
"addr" : "66.112.71.193:51242",
"addr" : "184.147.22.221:59440",
"addr" : "120.0.169.71:34387",
"addr" : "37.187.74.123:44049",
"addr" : "119.191.205.48:14623",
"addr" : "86.161.153.54:55521",
"addr" : "54.203.246.118:3518",
"addr" : "81.27.197.123:54683",
"addr" : "74.91.20.250:3518",
"addr" : "178.33.228.14:3518",
"addr" : "121.170.243.22:3599",
"addr" : "5.70.45.110:58389",
"addr" : "91.99.43.161:15661",
"addr" : "110.32.23.154:51491",
"addr" : "69.245.69.7:58171",
"addr" : "98.121.110.236:51177",
"addr" : "94.190.225.224:53193",
"addr" : "67.168.199.202:53215",
"addr" : "82.11.86.45:56172",
"addr" : "37.110.152.207:3518",
"addr" : "192.227.237.38:3518",
"addr" : "109.207.39.205:55095",

this is the addnodes?
All i have to do is create a .conf file with addnodes= 195.154.86.67 right?

radi324 (OP)

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 10:05:55 AM

Hey guys,

Thanks,
Richie

Hey Richie,

We appreciate your involvement in this issue and we also understand you perfectly. This was a simple case of a very slight misunderstanding which we've already worked around and things are proceeding smoothly. We are delighted to have you on board and I'm sure our collaboration will be a fruitful one. We will be listing you later on today.

Back on topic:

The Android wallet bounty has still not been claimed by anyone. As you can see, it is a very generous bounty and an Android wallet would further spur interest in Muniti. We've been swamped with messages on Twitter showing a very big amount of interest in Muniti, far more than we ever expected. There will be a surprise coming up this very weekend - we are sure that you will like it.

We are also setting up a bounty for a Wiki page on Muniti. Check the OP for more info.

radi324 (OP)

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 10:29:56 AM

The site and OP have been updated with the exchanges. Happy trading everyone.

blajde

Activity: 364

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:42:27 AM

Hey guys,

Thanks,
Richie

Thank you

The bigger issue is that it might not help the coin or the community and can have the opposite effect due to insecurity and hacks. Unless you have more than 2-3 platforms to go through (hack) to get to the coins it can kill the coin pretty much instantly if low-level exchange is hacked. We have seen it before and it is happening all the time. I'm not complaining I'm just putting it out there.
MineP.it

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:02:07 PM

MineP.it MUN Pool

Register now, if you haven't already done so, and prepare your workers get mining.

Stratum connection example:
stratum+tcp://mun.minep.it:3350 -u MinepitUsername.anything -p anything

MinePit Pools
  • One registration to access all our pools
  • Auto payouts every minute
  • Super fast, powerful, scale-able servers
  • Unbeatable DDOS protection
  • Unique, custom interface and back-end infrastructure
  • Super fast compile times - we aim to be one of the first pools running at every launch

Register Now!

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
burningzoul

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:14:00 PM

Hey guys,

Thanks,
Richie

Hey Richie,

We appreciate your involvement in this issue and we also understand you perfectly. This was a simple case of a very slight misunderstanding which we've already worked around and things are proceeding smoothly. We are delighted to have you on board and I'm sure our collaboration will be a fruitful one. We will be listing you later on today.

Back on topic:

The Android wallet bounty has still not been claimed by anyone. As you can see, it is a very generous bounty and an Android wallet would further spur interest in Muniti. We've been swamped with messages on Twitter showing a very big amount of interest in Muniti, far more than we ever expected. There will be a surprise coming up this very weekend - we are sure that you will like it.

We are also setting up a bounty for a Wiki page on Muniti. Check the OP for more info.

Everybody is happy now, dev when you have time please answer this question: I am wondering when can we expect some premine addresses in the OP? That really helps in boosting the credibility for the community and can also help in testing the nice blockexplorer daily for premine hunting amateurs:)....Eagerly anticipating the good news of this weekend..
radi324 (OP)

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 01:53:09 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2014, 02:11:32 PM by radi324

Hey guys,

That said, it is completely up to this community to promote or not promote us.  I'd like to think you'd want to build partnerships with exchanges that are willing to help your community without costs associated with the "big" exchanges.  Our goal is to BE a big exchange and continue to provide excellent service to everyone.  It is never our intention to be disruptive, so please accept my apologies.

Thanks,
Richie

Hey Richie,

Back on topic:

Everybody is happy now, dev when you have time please answer this question: I am wondering when can we expect some premine addresses in the OP? That really helps in boosting the credibility for the community and can also help in testing the nice blockexplorer daily for premine hunting amateurs:)....Eagerly anticipating the good news of this weekend..

We already posted the addresses earlier on in this thread. The address for first maildrop  is mWuwabhbmNHyYNLbQ8pzYfnFymHm5JicXf. The address for the bounties is me4HkydLYfdH3PP2oDudqRYnpFvxuCL3K2. The rest of the reserve is being held in cold storage and it is situated in magsvXHxvJhN3i3pEoSCPGJr5VwzFVgkrF.

124C41

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:58:44 PM

Tried several more times to but the mac wallet is not packaged correctly.

Anyone working on this?

Yes checked all folders.
Does seem to be packaged properly. Have you tried it?

Link for the wallet:

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: