Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:50:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MUN] Muniti: First touristic cryptocurrency - X11, D2D - Multi-algo soon  (Read 120434 times)
nonlinearboy

Activity: 703
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 08:20:22 AM

From 15000 to 3000 satoshi in 1 day...
This is wha't called pump and dump scheme Wink
it make sense!
rudius

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 08:23:35 AM

From 15000 to 3000 satoshi in 1 day...

News of the shift in the distribution date may have put off short-term investors who wanted a quick profit. I repeated time and time again that this is not a short-term project. I remember when Blackcoin was at 400 satoshi roughly a month and a half ago.

The website has been updated with the countdown timer

http://www.muniticoin.com/

I just want to add that volume is very low so anyone with  just a few coin could crash the market temporarely.  There is a huge volatility in thin orderbook.
radi324 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 08:29:58 AM

Doing a reddit giveaway today! Make sure to subscribe so you won't miss it!

www.reddit.com/r/muniticoin

Thank you Acidyo

I just want to add that volume is very low so anyone with  just a few coin could crash the market temporarely.  There is a huge volatility in thin orderbook.

That is why we are in constant talks with other exchanges in order to expand further. The sole fact that the buy orderbook is double that of the selling one shows that expansion is needed. Please continue sending support tickets to Poloniex asking them to add Muniti:

http://poloniex.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

[MUN] Muniti - Malta's National Cryptocurrency - http://www.muniticoin.com/

Bitcointalk thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=545886.0
verdun2003

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:54:04 AM

The Dev team has just held an important meeting regarding Muniti, and the following points have arisen:

1. Distribution costs. We met with a Maltapost representative this morning and we discussed costs for postage to every household in Malta. Since we would be utilising a form of bulk postage, we were offered a heavily discounted price at 0.10c per letter/household, without registered tracking. That would amount to around 15,000 euro per distribution round. While that is tenable and within our budget, we felt it would lack the security offered by registered post, and there is also a certain sense of detachment with such a method. Registered post amounted to more than triple the costs, and it would be more time-consuming while still lacking that sense of familiarity and helpfulness which we want to offer to the Maltese people. Also, we would not have total control on the oversight of the process, as we would not have a complete report on which households would have received the letter. Hence, the second idea hatched.

2. Door-to-door distribution. We will be recruiting a team of distributors who will be responsible for distributing the Muniti paper wallets and who will also don a Muniti polo-shirt. They will also be versed on what Muniti consists of, on its origins and its benefits. The Distribution Team will need to be over 17, able to ride a bicycle and be fluent in Maltese and English, with knowledge of other languages being considered as an asset. They will also need to be somewhat knowledgeable in the IT sector, although this is not a strict requirement as we would teach them where needed. They would all possess a map of the town/area which they would be assigned, highlighting the covered areas and thus ensuring maximum coverage. While it is true that derelict and abandoned houses would end up being taken into consideration, but most often than not, these are immediately recognisable as such and should be easy to avoid. The distribution team will each be paid 50 euro per day unless they would wish to be paid in Muniti. We realise and accept that at the end of the day, most people are still wary of the concept of cryptocurrencies per se and since we have a tight time-frame within which to operate, it is better to attract distributors with fiat currency for now, with a possible change in policy for the subsequent distributions. Our aim is to have a team of 10 distributors who would operate from Monday to Friday for 30 days, thus resulting in both a better method of distribution and a cheaper one as well, with the expected costs being around 11,000 euro for personnel for each distribution round. Printing costs should not be a problem as we will continue working with the company which printed our posters and flyers.

3. Distribution date. Unfortunately, due to this overhaul in the distribution plan, we will need to move the first date of distribution to the 5th of June, 2014. We have discussed at length on this issue, and we felt it is the best route to take for several reasons. First of all, we would need an adequate time-frame within which to recruit our team of distributors. Secondly, it would give us ample time to aim for international coverage as well. Thirdly, it would also give us more time to get listed on more exchanges. Fourthly, most students would have ended their scholastic year by then and thus we would have a ripe field of recruits for our team. We will implement a countdown monitor on our website in order to remove any doubts about the date. The other distribution dates will not be changed.

We would also like to take this opportunity to thank all those who have contacted us over the past weeks, whether to praise, criticise, offer help or to give advice where necessary. Please, do give your feedback regarding this post, as we would like to hear your opinion on the matter before rendering it wholly official. We will be holding another meeting tomorrow in order to discuss the problem with exchanges. It is an unfortunate situation when exchanges need to be bribed in order to have a cryptocurrency listed, as that was not the spirit in which Bitcoin was born (quite the contrary), but if that is how things currently stand, we might have to adapt to these changes as well.

I've made some quick calculations, if you take the registered post cost per card as per your calculation, you need to pay 0.3 euros. On the other side, a student costs you 50 euros/day - now, if your student can deliver 50/0.3=166 letters per day at least, it will be cheaper to distribute (if they work 10hours/day, that would mean 17 letters per hour - very easy to achieve on condo's/appartment buildings). On the other side, it will take longer. Also, the fact that the students will be dressed and speak to some of the recipients is of great value - it could start a buzz that the registered post will find harder to achieve.

Clearly, the bicycle distribution is a winner both in terms of cost and communication impact. Basically, I believe the best thing to do is choose the bycicle option for concentrated areas in the country, and post for tougher to reach parts as the letters per minute will drop down significantly, it will be cheaper to use the post.

I also think this distribution form would be a great way to have the media talking about the coin. A maltese coin distributed by maltese students to maltese people.

verdun2003

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:03:25 AM

It sounds like you all have thought this through very thoroughly. I think this new distribution date is much better because I was worried that we were distributing so soon with not enough attention in the crypto community yet.

I really like the door to door idea too because I think it is a much more powerful idea to have people in person explaining the significance of what this is and what it could do for Malta.

I agree that voting our way onto an exchange at this rate will take weeks or months. Mintpal would cost around $8,000 currently however which might not be within your budget. If it is within reach though, it would be almost the most powerful promotional vehicle you could imagine. Nothing gets the crypto community's attention more than being listed on a healthy exchange. You will get more miners, securing your network, more people talking about the coin, and more people helping to develop online tools for the coin.

I do not think we should strive to get onto exchanges, but the other way around. Let me explain: I've been an early miner of fluttercoin that was a very under-rated coin until recently. The coin had a very innovative aspect that is proof of transaction. We never made any advertising and the coin arrived on BTER straight away as they saw the involvement of the dev and the potential of the new proof of transaction item. We never voted, and it got to mintpal and... crypsty.

Basically, if there is fundamental value in the coin, people will talk about it, buy it, sell it. Once you get volume, exchanges will add it. Therefore, the best way to get people talking about it is to create value, and everything else will follow.

I believe Muniti is creating value in the way the dev and his team are pushing themselves to build something long term (Media distribution toolkit, Citizen distribution model etc...).

coine_smithe

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:35:54 AM

It sounds like you all have thought this through very thoroughly. I think this new distribution date is much better because I was worried that we were distributing so soon with not enough attention in the crypto community yet.

I really like the door to door idea too because I think it is a much more powerful idea to have people in person explaining the significance of what this is and what it could do for Malta.

I agree that voting our way onto an exchange at this rate will take weeks or months. Mintpal would cost around $8,000 currently however which might not be within your budget. If it is within reach though, it would be almost the most powerful promotional vehicle you could imagine. Nothing gets the crypto community's attention more than being listed on a healthy exchange. You will get more miners, securing your network, more people talking about the coin, and more people helping to develop online tools for the coin.

I do not think we should strive to get onto exchanges, but the other way around. Let me explain: I've been an early miner of fluttercoin that was a very under-rated coin until recently. The coin had a very innovative aspect that is proof of transaction. We never made any advertising and the coin arrived on BTER straight away as they saw the involvement of the dev and the potential of the new proof of transaction item. We never voted, and it got to mintpal and... crypsty.

Basically, if there is fundamental value in the coin, people will talk about it, buy it, sell it. Once you get volume, exchanges will add it. Therefore, the best way to get people talking about it is to create value, and everything else will follow.

I believe Muniti is creating value in the way the dev and his team are pushing themselves to build something long term (Media distribution toolkit, Citizen distribution model etc...).

Wow awesome to see support and well thought out comments like this for a change. It's been too quiet on here! I'm really excited about D2D too. I really like this coin, and Malta!

1 point, I think is the most important to drive home, maybe even during the D2D campaign, is that Maltese citizens have it in their best interest to hold the coin. I believe it will be a huge success, but they need to understand that their stake is an opportunity to have a say in the currency's value and future.
cryptoface

Activity: 67

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 12:06:26 PM

The Dev team has just held an important meeting regarding Muniti, and the following points have arisen:

1. Distribution costs. We met with a Maltapost representative this morning and we discussed costs for postage to every household in Malta. Since we would be utilising a form of bulk postage, we were offered a heavily discounted price at 0.10c per letter/household, without registered tracking. That would amount to around 15,000 euro per distribution round. While that is tenable and within our budget, we felt it would lack the security offered by registered post, and there is also a certain sense of detachment with such a method. Registered post amounted to more than triple the costs, and it would be more time-consuming while still lacking that sense of familiarity and helpfulness which we want to offer to the Maltese people. Also, we would not have total control on the oversight of the process, as we would not have a complete report on which households would have received the letter. Hence, the second idea hatched.

2. Door-to-door distribution. We will be recruiting a team of distributors who will be responsible for distributing the Muniti paper wallets and who will also don a Muniti polo-shirt. They will also be versed on what Muniti consists of, on its origins and its benefits. The Distribution Team will need to be over 17, able to ride a bicycle and be fluent in Maltese and English, with knowledge of other languages being considered as an asset. They will also need to be somewhat knowledgeable in the IT sector, although this is not a strict requirement as we would teach them where needed. They would all possess a map of the town/area which they would be assigned, highlighting the covered areas and thus ensuring maximum coverage. While it is true that derelict and abandoned houses would end up being taken into consideration, but most often than not, these are immediately recognisable as such and should be easy to avoid. The distribution team will each be paid 50 euro per day unless they would wish to be paid in Muniti. We realise and accept that at the end of the day, most people are still wary of the concept of cryptocurrencies per se and since we have a tight time-frame within which to operate, it is better to attract distributors with fiat currency for now, with a possible change in policy for the subsequent distributions. Our aim is to have a team of 10 distributors who would operate from Monday to Friday for 30 days, thus resulting in both a better method of distribution and a cheaper one as well, with the expected costs being around 11,000 euro for personnel for each distribution round. Printing costs should not be a problem as we will continue working with the company which printed our posters and flyers.

3. Distribution date. Unfortunately, due to this overhaul in the distribution plan, we will need to move the first date of distribution to the 5th of June, 2014. We have discussed at length on this issue, and we felt it is the best route to take for several reasons. First of all, we would need an adequate time-frame within which to recruit our team of distributors. Secondly, it would give us ample time to aim for international coverage as well. Thirdly, it would also give us more time to get listed on more exchanges. Fourthly, most students would have ended their scholastic year by then and thus we would have a ripe field of recruits for our team. We will implement a countdown monitor on our website in order to remove any doubts about the date. The other distribution dates will not be changed.

We would also like to take this opportunity to thank all those who have contacted us over the past weeks, whether to praise, criticise, offer help or to give advice where necessary. Please, do give your feedback regarding this post, as we would like to hear your opinion on the matter before rendering it wholly official. We will be holding another meeting tomorrow in order to discuss the problem with exchanges. It is an unfortunate situation when exchanges need to be bribed in order to have a cryptocurrency listed, as that was not the spirit in which Bitcoin was born (quite the contrary), but if that is how things currently stand, we might have to adapt to these changes as well.

I like the idea off d2d distribution! However I do have some concerns,
You said 10 students will deliver and explain what munity is to 153235 households in 30 days. So that means one person needs to deliver and speak to 15323 people in 30 days time. Meaning they have to hand out the wallets and explain to the people what they can do with it to 510 people a day. That would mean assuming the work 8 hours a day they have less than a minute per household. Maybe if the only deliver the wallets it is enough time but then you lose the advantage off the d2d delivery.
For the second delivery, by that time I hope and think Muniti is more well known and worth lets say 0.0015 the second wallet contains 44 Muniti so each wallet is worth 0.066 Bitcoin at today’s price that would be 24,29 euro times 510= €12387. So how safe is it that a student ride around on his bike with 12387 euro worth of Muniti wallets?

I really like the way muniti is growing and the way you are doing the promotions with the USB and all! And once again I do like the idea of d2d distributions it a good and personal way to get crypto in to the real world. But I think you need more than 10 people in and find a way to make it more save for the employeess.
radi324 (OP)

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 12:25:16 PM

I've made some quick calculations, if you take the registered post cost per card as per your calculation, you need to pay 0.3 euros. On the other side, a student costs you 50 euros/day - now, if your student can deliver 50/0.3=166 letters per day at least, it will be cheaper to distribute (if they work 10hours/day, that would mean 17 letters per hour - very easy to achieve on condo's/appartment buildings). On the other side, it will take longer. Also, the fact that the students will be dressed and speak to some of the recipients is of great value - it could start a buzz that the registered post will find harder to achieve.

Clearly, the bicycle distribution is a winner both in terms of cost and communication impact. Basically, I believe the best thing to do is choose the bycicle option for concentrated areas in the country, and post for tougher to reach parts as the letters per minute will drop down significantly, it will be cheaper to use the post.

I also think this distribution form would be a great way to have the media talking about the coin. A maltese coin distributed by maltese students to maltese people.

It would require a more complicated logistical effort were we to adopt a hybrid approach. There would be a considerable risk of overlapping distribution, as well as have postmen who do not know anything about Muniti. Do keep in mind that the Distribution Team will simply be posting the wallets - it is up to interested persons to stop them and ask them what Muniti is all about. Otherwise, it would be too time-consuming.

Thank you for your words of support. That is our approach, but unfortunately volume can only be built via exchanges. Bittrex is a great exchange and has a sizable amount of volume, but in order to spread the word about Muniti, an even bigger exchange would do a world of good. Value has to be created both intrinsically and extrinsically.

You said 10 students will deliver and explain what munity is to 153235 households in 30 days. So that means one person needs to deliver and speak to 15323 people in 30 days time. Meaning they have to hand out the wallets and explain to the people what they can do with it to 510 people a day. That would mean assuming the work 8 hours a day they have less than a minute per household. Maybe if the only deliver the wallets it is enough time but then you lose the advantage off the d2d delivery.
For the second delivery, by that time I hope and think Muniti is more well known and worth lets say 0.0015 the second wallet contains 44 Muniti so each wallet is worth 0.066 Bitcoin at today’s price that would be 24,29 euro times 510= €12387. So how safe is it that a student ride around on his bike with 12387 euro worth of Muniti wallets?

I really like the way muniti is growing and the way you are doing the promotions with the USB and all! And once again I do like the idea of d2d distributions it a good and personal way to get crypto in to the real world. But I think you need more than 10 people in and find a way to make it more save for the employeess.

First of all, please refer to the comment above - the Distribution Team's main job will be to post the letters, and if need be, answer any questions which might be asked to them. That does not mean they will be speaking to every household owner/resident; that would not even be realistic, seeing that people might be at work or otherwise busy. Sufficient information will be found in the letter which they will be receiving along with the content on the website.

Secondly, the advantage of D2D delivery will remain intact. They will be wearing Muniti-branded shirts and they will have the knowledge required to answer questions posed to them by the general public. This is something which cannot be acquired via traditional post systems.

Thirdly, regarding safety: Malta is one of the safest countries in Europe, due to the simple fact that since it's such a small island, the crime rate is extremely low as it would be very hard to pass undetected, especially in broad daylight. Also, why shouldn't our Distribution Team be safe when regular postmen might be running around with cheques worth thousands more than the amount you mentioned? Which, by the way, is purely speculative; still, optimism is appreciated.

Fourthly, at no point did we mention that the Distribution Team will specifically consist of students. We simply mentioned that in June, most people, especially students, would be freer to engage in such activities. Everyone is welcome to join our Distribution Team as long as they meet the requirements specified a few posts above.

Please, if you do have any other questions, let us know. We love engaging in these sort of discussions as they give fruit to better ideas and concepts.

Acidyo

Activity: 588

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:38:47 PM

Giveaway has started on reddit! Smiley
radi324 (OP)

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 02:08:20 PM

Giveaway has started on reddit! Smiley

The giveaway is well under way - don't miss out on this chance!

http://www.reddit.com/r/muniticoin/comments/233ay5/giveaway_for_everyone/

Buck324

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:26:07 PM

Hello Muniti community,

I am reading Bitcointalk for a while now (about 1 year) and i thought it was time to start giving my opinion on some subjects (Muniti being the first). I think the concept of Muniti is a good one. I believe many country's will have some kind of local coin in the future. Nice to see Malta is one of the earlier ones to launch one Smiley. I plan to visit Malta soon, i already planned on visiting before i heard of Muniti. I bought some Muniti 3 days ago on Bittrex (unfortunately not very cheap  Tongue). I believe Muniti has great potential as a local cryptocurrency, especially when the promotional campaign pics up steam. If played well it could also attract more people to come visit the beautiful island Smiley. Nice to see the giveaway, maybe this will bring Muniti under the attention of a greater public. When do you think the Maltese media will report something on Muniti?
cryptoface

Activity: 67

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:58:13 PM

It would require a more complicated logistical effort were we to adopt a hybrid approach. There would be a considerable risk of overlapping distribution, as well as have postmen who do not know anything about Muniti. Do keep in mind that the Distribution Team will simply be posting the wallets - it is up to interested persons to stop them and ask them what Muniti is all about. Otherwise, it would be too time-consuming.

Thank you for your words of support. That is our approach, but unfortunately volume can only be built via exchanges. Bittrex is a great exchange and has a sizable amount of volume, but in order to spread the word about Muniti, an even bigger exchange would do a world of good. Value has to be created both intrinsically and extrinsically.

First of all, please refer to the comment above - the Distribution Team's main job will be to post the letters, and if need be, answer any questions which might be asked to them. That does not mean they will be speaking to every household owner/resident; that would not even be realistic, seeing that people might be at work or otherwise busy. Sufficient information will be found in the letter which they will be receiving along with the content on the website.

Secondly, the advantage of D2D delivery will remain intact. They will be wearing Muniti-branded shirts and they will have the knowledge required to answer questions posed to them by the general public. This is something which cannot be acquired via traditional post systems.

Thirdly, regarding safety: Malta is one of the safest countries in Europe, due to the simple fact that since it's such a small island, the crime rate is extremely low as it would be very hard to pass undetected, especially in broad daylight. Also, why shouldn't our Distribution Team be safe when regular postmen might be running around with cheques worth thousands more than the amount you mentioned? Which, by the way, is purely speculative; still, optimism is appreciated.

Fourthly, at no point did we mention that the Distribution Team will specifically consist of students. We simply mentioned that in June, most people, especially students, would be freer to engage in such activities. Everyone is welcome to join our Distribution Team as long as they meet the requirements specified a few posts above.

Please, if you do have any other questions, let us know. We love engaging in these sort of discussions as they give fruit to better ideas and concepts.

Thanks for the clear and fast response! for some reason i was under the impression the plan was to deliver the wallets in person but that would indeed almost impossible,. Good to hear that Malta is such a safe country! A other reason to visit soon Smiley of course there is a big different between a post man and the Distribution Team, you dont know what kind off mail the postman is delivering it can be a love letter or  big cheques Smiley the distribution team on the other hand are only delivering wallets worth a x amount and with there Muniti shirts on the would not be hard to spot. i guess living in big city’s with high crime rates makes you a bit careful.
squall333

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:08:02 PM

I made a multipool at bc256pool.com

Basically a multipool will mine other coins, cash them in and buy one specific coin.
What that does is add buying power to a coin.
With too little buying power a coins value can drop.

What will happen at this pool is you will mine and at the end of the day get paid out your share of the coins based on how many shares you contributed.

All you have to do is mine with your Muniticoin address as your username

You can see more at bc256pool.com/getting_started

This originated as a blackcoin pool but i decided to open it up to another coin to help find blocks. Any blocks found will be paid out by share not by block found

For example if Muniticoin miners contribute 60% of the shares they will get paid out 60% of coins mined and that will be sold and traded for Muniticoin and paid back.

If you can add even 1 or 2 BTC a day value to Muniticoin it will help

radi324 (OP)

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 09:22:11 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2014, 09:33:51 PM by radi324

I made a multipool at bc256pool.com

Basically a multipool will mine other coins, cash them in and buy one specific coin.
What that does is add buying power to a coin.
With too little buying power a coins value can drop.

What will happen at this pool is you will mine and at the end of the day get paid out your share of the coins based on how many shares you contributed.

All you have to do is mine with your Muniticoin address as your username

You can see more at bc256pool.com/getting_started

This originated as a blackcoin pool but i decided to open it up to another coin to help find blocks. Any blocks found will be paid out by share not by block found

For example if Muniticoin miners contribute 60% of the shares they will get paid out 60% of coins mined and that will be sold and traded for Muniticoin and paid back.

If you can add even 1 or 2 BTC a day value to Muniticoin it will help

Thanks for the initiative squall333. It is great to have a multipool concept similar to that of Blackcoin's - now Scrypt and Sha256 miners will be able to mine Muniti as well. Great news for those who have ASICs!

radi324 (OP)

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 10:00:02 PM

To get started use one of the connection strings below:

stratum+tcp://bc256pool.com:3032 is variable difficulty from 1-256 SHA ONLY
stratum+tcp://bc256pool.com:3008 is constant diff of 256 SHA ONLY

stratum+tcp://bc256pool.com:2032 is variable difficulty from 8-512 Scrypt
stratum+tcp://bc256pool.com:2008 is constant diff of 256 Scrypt

stratum+tcp://bc256pool.com:4032 is variable difficulty from 8-512 Scrypt-N
stratum+tcp://bc256pool.com:4256 is constant diff of 256 Scrypt-N ONLY

username: yourMUNITIaddress
password: anything

coine_smithe

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:24:17 AM

Nice OP update with top qualities of Muniti. It looks really good.
kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:38:47 AM

SCAM
coine_smithe

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:50:29 AM

SCAM

I understand your concern with all of the fake country coins lately, but it's hard to scam when you're sending people door to door in Malta. The proof is in the pudding. If you're uncomfortable to invest now, we'd be happy to have you purchase our coins after distribution starts. This coin is for real.
radi324 (OP)

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 08:13:26 AM

Small point of information regarding the multipool according to squall333 (pool operator) - share payout is daily.

Acidyo

Activity: 588

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:18:50 AM

Good job with the multipool! Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: