Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:07:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MUN] Muniti: First touristic cryptocurrency - X11, D2D - Multi-algo soon  (Read 120434 times)
MineP.it

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:38:03 PM

MineP.it MUN Pool

Register now, if you haven't already done so, and prepare your workers get mining.

Stratum connection example:
stratum+tcp://mun.minep.it:3350 -u MinepitUsername.anything -p anything

MinePit Pools
  • One registration to access all our pools
  • Auto payouts every minute
  • Super fast, powerful, scale-able servers
  • Unbeatable DDOS protection
  • Unique, custom interface and back-end infrastructure
  • Super fast compile times - we aim to be one of the first pools running at every launch

Register Now!

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoJack

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:50:39 PM

Hi Radi, what about the promised announcement today?
qiwoman

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:03:09 PM

I will be doing a blog post on my coin blog about this so it will be cool to get a few Minitis. Smiley It looks like to me a very promising country coin.
YBC

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:44:41 PM

Hey!

Exciting to hear all these bits of news and come back now and again to see how it's developing. I have another couple of ideas: in the photos of posters they are all a bit boring, why not get more of beautiful Malta sights in the background? Also, would be cool to have some photos with the Dev team in too - would be better than other coins which are all missing the human touch?

I have been thinking about the price. The fact is it's not been a pump at all unlike all the other country coins. Whilst that's not so good for short term investors, it does mean that everyone who really believes in a Malta coin will have much longer to soak up lots of coins mining themselves at low difficulty. They are much less likely to sell (which you can see from the low sell volumes on bittrex etc).

Good luck in the Semi finals of the Eurovision tonight Maltese guys ;-)

YBC
dygus
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1000

Peaky Blinder

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:20:39 PM

Hey!

Exciting to hear all these bits of news and come back now and again to see how it's developing. I have another couple of ideas: in the photos of posters they are all a bit boring, why not get more of beautiful Malta sights in the background? Also, would be cool to have some photos with the Dev team in too - would be better than other coins which are all missing the human touch?

YBC

+1

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:33:06 PM

is there a way we can have this at cryptsy or mintpal?
radi324 (OP)

Activity: 196

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 10:36:14 PM

I believe we've waited long enough, and we've decided to publicise the reason behind the "failed" announcement of last weekend. We were meant to announce that Muniti will be on Poloniex as affirmed by Tristan, head of Poloniex, after a lengthy email as you can see below - but this was stalled by the untimely down-time which Poloniex suffered during the weekend. After the exchange was back on its feet, we allowed more time for the markets to be fully reinstated and "unfrozen", before sending them a reminder to add Muniti. There were no replies to this request. We continued sending them reminders at the expense of delaying our announcement, something which we hated doing as we never had to delay anything for such a long time, especially after being promised a spot on the exchange! After a final reminder last night, we decided to show you proof that Muniti was meant to be listed earlier on this week but nothing has happened and other coins such as UniversityCoin, ParallaxCoin and ShibeCoin have been added. If those are "innovative", then Malta is bigger than China. I urge you all to send tickets, every hour if need be, urging Poloniex to add Muniti. Be civil, state why you believe Muniti should be added and do not mention their promise to have Muniti listed. Just show them that we mean business.

[MUN] Muniti - Malta's National Cryptocurrency - http://www.muniticoin.com/

Bitcointalk thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=545886.0
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 10:39:34 PM

I believe we've waited long enough, and we've decided to publicise the reason behind the "failed" announcement of last weekend. We were meant to announce that Muniti will be on Poloniex as affirmed by Tristan, head of Poloniex, after a lengthy email as you can see below - but this was stalled by the untimely down-time which Poloniex suffered during the weekend. After the exchange was back on its feet, we allowed more time for the markets to be fully reinstated and "unfrozen", before sending them a reminder to add Muniti. There were no replies to this request. We continued sending them reminders at the expense of delaying our announcement, something which we hated doing as we never had to delay anything for such a long time, especially after being promised a spot on the exchange! After a final reminder last night, we decided to show you proof that Muniti was meant to be listed earlier on this week but nothing has happened and other coins such as UniversityCoin, ParallaxCoin and ShibeCoin have been added. If those are "innovative", then Malta is bigger than China. I urge you all to send tickets, every hour if need be, urging Poloniex to add Muniti. Be civil, state why you believe Muniti should be added and do not mention their promise to have Muniti listed. Just show them that we mean business.

Poloniex is a almost scam, bribed shit exchange, go for something real like mintpal.

Poloniex is finally dying and this is good so, i hope they Fall apart soon, MUN should be on a serious exchange not Scamoniex.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
YBC

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:10:48 PM

What's the rush to get it listed on all the big exchanges before the distribution? Playing devils advocate here but keeping below the radar, building 'real world' support until close to the time is not so bad right?
dygus
Legendary

Activity: 1193

Peaky Blinder

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:59:15 AM

After a final reminder last night, we decided to show you proof that Muniti was meant to be listed earlier on this week but nothing has happened and other coins such as UniversityCoin, ParallaxCoin and ShibeCoin have been added. If those are "innovative", then Malta is bigger than China.

Ha,ha good comment. But seriously if there were big trade volume on bittrex, than Poloniex would add as immidietly. Let's skip Poloniex, if they said muniti is not innovate and focus on Mintpal. On Mintpal you just click on vote button, you don't have write anything in tickets.

Best regards

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
novag

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

novag

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 10:03:19 AM

Polonex for start ist to be good, lets wait.

Donate for the support of a new Martial arts Style - Aikivindo = Aikido + Wing-Chun (in Ukraine) 5168757318423326 PrivatBank.
http://aikivindo.com.ua
BTC:1DpRaQjdVmrkSopRV8p9RdwvBMWNA9faCS
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 10:05:28 AM

Poloniex is a really bad exchange, it seems no one remembers anymore they got hacked, they took the stolen btc from their (remaining) traders and they are still having problems every second day with uptime

ol92

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:31:25 PM

Poloniex is a really bad exchange, it seems no one remembers anymore they got hacked, they took the stolen btc from their (remaining) traders and they are still having problems every second day with uptime

They are refunding the btc to the traders step by step and have been transparent with their hack. This is more than most others have done within similar situations.

On the other hand I agree that their site is slow now, and there is no much volume ... and I hate the catpcha authentification process.

For me it is a good step for muniti to be on this exchange. I have already sent a ticket to poloniex support and I will do it again.
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 12:36:24 PM

They are refunding the btc to the traders step by step and have been transparent with their hack. This is more than most others have done within similar situations.

On the other hand I agree that their site is slow now, and there is no much volume ... and I hate the catpcha authentification process.

For me it is a good step for muniti to be on this exchange. I have already sent a ticket to poloniex support and I will do it again.

What would you do if your bank comes and says "oh sorry, we're robbed.. We will deduct the robbed amount from your bank account and give it back to you once we have enough.. Thank you "

Grin

Poloniex was one of the first exchanges, it is a one man show and I respect that, but in my opinion this is in the meanwhile far out of the scope for a one or two man show.. also their interface/frontend (and probably also the backend) should have gone with time which is obviously not ...

Some exchanges are good for coins - some are not - Poloniex is one of the exchanges i do absolutely not work with.

Real_GM

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:39:24 PM

That's Fine Radi,

I think our energy should be focused on promotion and adoption.

We should try a small pilot of an online site that sells Malta stuff for muniti.

Exchange will come when investor sees we have some base for adoption.

HiroCoin: H9uXWhiYxeQ8MZTYeVFhth21LiZrWyNgpY
radi324 (OP)

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 04:24:05 PM

Thunderclap is kind of like a kickstarter for social media outreach

https://www.thunderclap.it/en

I think people can donate to the cause as well as getting more people to subscribe to muniti's social media

We really like this idea. Is there a minimum amount which needs to be reached for the "burst" of promotion on their part?

I will be doing a blog post on my coin blog about this so it will be cool to get a few Minitis. Smiley It looks like to me a very promising country coin.

PM us with more details about your blog and we will be more than happy to send a bounty to you.

Hey!

I have been thinking about the price. The fact is it's not been a pump at all unlike all the other country coins. Whilst that's not so good for short term investors, it does mean that everyone who really believes in a Malta coin will have much longer to soak up lots of coins mining themselves at low difficulty. They are much less likely to sell (which you can see from the low sell volumes on bittrex etc).

Good luck in the Semi finals of the Eurovision tonight Maltese guys ;-)

YBC

It doesn't show clearly but in the posters there is a background image showing Comino in all its glory, while in the leaflets there is a picture of a typical picturesque Mdina street. It's visible if you look at the poster closely, we did not want it to be too obvious so that the primary attention is heeded towards the content of the posters. After all, since the posters are being stuck locally, whoever looks at them should already be familiar with Malta's best-known spots, or at least know about them before deciding to buy an airline ticket. We were also thinking of creating a video where each Dev team member introduces himself/herself and uploading it on the website - it's a bit of a back-burner issue though, since there are more pressing issues at the moment. Thanks for the wishes, it seems Malta has made it to tomorrow's finals!

is there a way we can have this at cryptsy or mintpal?

There is no way of getting a cryptocurrency up on those exchanges through manual voting - most of the newer coins got there thanks to the so-called "donations". Currently, in order to get listed on Mintpal, you need around ~$7500 worth of BTC. That is absolutely preposterous when considering that they already make a huge profit from coin-trading. Fasten your belts, keep voting manually and some day we'll get there. If there is a generous benefactor who has a lot of money burning a whole in the pocket and would like to see Muniti listed on the exchanges - by all means, please feel free to donate on the Muniti-allocated address on Cryptsy/Mintpal

Eastwind

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:06:54 PM

I vote 10 times a day in Mintpal. If we have 20 people like me, that is 200 a day. It will be 20,000 in 100 days. I do  not mind waiting that long.
blajde

Activity: 364

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:36:02 PM

I vote 10 times a day in Mintpal. If we have 20 people like me, that is 200 a day. It will be 20,000 in 100 days. I do  not mind waiting that long.

MUN ON POLONIEX!
coine_smithe

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:04:31 PM

I have some thoughts on the exchange situation. Clearly nobody still interested in this coin cares about short term profits. Bittrex is run by 3 real proffesional guys that have shown their faces on the site. Bittrex has also had some really high volume coins lately that shows their exchange can handle it.

My theory is that once Maltese start getting their coins by D2D then it will create real world excitement. This is the first country coin to do this, and as we all know, novelty creates value in the crypto community right now. People like unique coins, and Muniti has a very unique quality to it. I say, that once the D2D starts, the coin will rise in value, and likely get added to Mintpal without having to pay the fee. That's just my theory.

In any case I don't think it's worth worrying about right now. Getting added to Poloniex wouldn't magically make this coin more valuable, it would only create a temporary pump and dump opportunity.

Finally, there are many country coins that have fallen in value steadily after distribution to citizens. If this coin could break that trend it would be great. Maybe starting from the bottom isn't so bad. If citizens see the value slowly climbing that could be very encouraging.
radi324 (OP)

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 11:28:25 PM

It seems that at last our efforts got through - we are now on Poloniex as well! Thanks to all who kept persisting and sending ticket after ticket... that's one hurdle which has been passed, let us move on to the next challenges.

I have some thoughts on the exchange situation. Clearly nobody still interested in this coin cares about short term profits. Bittrex is run by 3 real proffesional guys that have shown their faces on the site. Bittrex has also had some really high volume coins lately that shows their exchange can handle it.

My theory is that once Maltese start getting their coins by D2D then it will create real world excitement. This is the first country coin to do this, and as we all know, novelty creates value in the crypto community right now. People like unique coins, and Muniti has a very unique quality to it. I say, that once the D2D starts, the coin will rise in value, and likely get added to Mintpal without having to pay the fee. That's just my theory.

In any case I don't think it's worth worrying about right now. Getting added to Poloniex wouldn't magically make this coin more valuable, it would only create a temporary pump and dump opportunity.

Finally, there are many country coins that have fallen in value steadily after distribution to citizens. If this coin could break that trend it would be great. Maybe starting from the bottom isn't so bad. If citizens see the value slowly climbing that could be very encouraging.

You're quite right coine_smithe, as it's something which has crossed our minds as well. If Muniti didn't achieve a stratospheric trading volume on Bittrex, there is no reason to believe it would on Poloniex. However, we wanted to get listed on Poloniex for two main reasons:
1. We had established a rapport with Poloniex and if we were so close to being added, it was worthwhile going for the last push
2. Getting listed on a big exchange is publicity in itself

Now that the exchange saga is settled, we can finally concentrate our full efforts on other things. We will be contacting souvenir shops for starters next Monday in order to see whether we can encourage them to adopt Muniti as a form of payment for online orders, for now.

Check out this link in the meantime:

http://womanitely.com/most-beautiful-island-countries-world/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: