Bitcoin Forum
October 05, 2026, 10:31:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lottery Solo Pool Miner Race on ckpool  (Read 13630 times)
kekeck33
Jr. Member
*
Offline

Activity: 71
Merit: 2


View Profile
February 24, 2026, 09:47:31 PM
 #381

I replace it immeadietly, after one hour because temp. was too higher.
Nexus9090
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 652
Merit: 276


So many numbers and so little time


View Profile
February 25, 2026, 05:57:30 PM
Merited by philipma1957 (1)
 #382

Today I change thermal paste on my new Bitaxe Gamma, temp. drop for 10 degrese, fan is now on 40%.
I don't understand why manufacturers install such poor thermal paste.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005010659331694.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.16af3b4cOslUVG
This is because thermal paste loses its properties after 6-12 months, depending on temperatures. If temperatures are very high, you'll need to change the thermal paste even more frequently.
Monitor your device after 6 months, and you'll see that temperatures will rise again. Some devices have low-quality thermal paste from the factory, and miners immediately replace it with high-quality one.

Good quality thermal paste such as Noctua NH series or Arctic MX series are good for well over 12 months. The factory fitted cheap stuff typically a chewing gum pink colour does dry out pretty quickly so its worth the extra price and effort to get something that's reliable.

I've used Arctic MX-4 on most of my rigs and they've been running for about 2 years without any noticeable change in the thermal performance.

I recently changed the paste on one of my Bitaxe Gamma boards to Noctua NH 2, that's now running a good 8-10C cooler than it used to.

I use Noctua NH2 in one of my PC's and that's been running without any issues for over 5 years.

So upgrading thermal paste is a good idea, I've also noticed that due to the lower temps the Bitaxe is now running 0.25W less power draw as well; so better efficiency all around.


Still doesn't help finding a block though!  Wink
philipma1957
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 4998
Merit: 12571


'The right to privacy matters'


View Profile WWW
February 25, 2026, 10:11:50 PM
 #383

Today I change thermal paste on my new Bitaxe Gamma, temp. drop for 10 degrese, fan is now on 40%.
I don't understand why manufacturers install such poor thermal paste.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005010659331694.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.16af3b4cOslUVG
This is because thermal paste loses its properties after 6-12 months, depending on temperatures. If temperatures are very high, you'll need to change the thermal paste even more frequently.
Monitor your device after 6 months, and you'll see that temperatures will rise again. Some devices have low-quality thermal paste from the factory, and miners immediately replace it with high-quality one.

Good quality thermal paste such as Noctua NH series or Arctic MX series are good for well over 12 months. The factory fitted cheap stuff typically a chewing gum pink colour does dry out pretty quickly so its worth the extra price and effort to get something that's reliable.

I've used Arctic MX-4 on most of my rigs and they've been running for about 2 years without any noticeable change in the thermal performance.

I recently changed the paste on one of my Bitaxe Gamma boards to Noctua NH 2, that's now running a good 8-10C cooler than it used to.

I use Noctua NH2 in one of my PC's and that's been running without any issues for over 5 years.

So upgrading thermal paste is a good idea, I've also noticed that due to the lower temps the Bitaxe is now running 0.25W less power draw as well; so better efficiency all around.


Still doesn't help finding a block though!  Wink

I clock mine to around 900gh.

Runs cooler and the paste lasts way longer.

I get 12-14 watts used on it.


I figure it will take 35000 years to hit a block running at 1.1th  or 40,000 years running at .9 th

Since .9 th is easy on the gear may as well do that.

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄███████▀▀██████▀▀███████▄
█████▀██████████████▀█████
████████▄▄██████▄▄████▀███

██████████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████▄▄██████
██▀▀██████████████████▄▄██
██████▀▀██████████████▀▀██
██████████████████████████
███▄████▀▀██████▀▀████████
█████▄██████████████▄█████
▀███████▄▄██████▄▄███████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
 
 DΞX.fo 
▄▄██████
█████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
█████████
▀▀██████

▄███████
▄██████████
████████████
█████████████
█████████████
|
▄▄█
▄████▀
▄███▀█▄
▄██▀█▄██
█████▀▀█
████████
████████
▀██▄████
▄████▄▄█
▄█████▀███
▄█████▀████▀
█████▀███████
▀██▀█████████
|..BTC......XMR...
..USDT.....LTC...
....Fees  0.8%.....
Nexus9090
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 652
Merit: 276


So many numbers and so little time


View Profile
February 25, 2026, 11:11:50 PM
 #384

Today I change thermal paste on my new Bitaxe Gamma, temp. drop for 10 degrese, fan is now on 40%.
I don't understand why manufacturers install such poor thermal paste.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005010659331694.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.16af3b4cOslUVG
This is because thermal paste loses its properties after 6-12 months, depending on temperatures. If temperatures are very high, you'll need to change the thermal paste even more frequently.
Monitor your device after 6 months, and you'll see that temperatures will rise again. Some devices have low-quality thermal paste from the factory, and miners immediately replace it with high-quality one.

Good quality thermal paste such as Noctua NH series or Arctic MX series are good for well over 12 months. The factory fitted cheap stuff typically a chewing gum pink colour does dry out pretty quickly so its worth the extra price and effort to get something that's reliable.

I've used Arctic MX-4 on most of my rigs and they've been running for about 2 years without any noticeable change in the thermal performance.

I recently changed the paste on one of my Bitaxe Gamma boards to Noctua NH 2, that's now running a good 8-10C cooler than it used to.

I use Noctua NH2 in one of my PC's and that's been running without any issues for over 5 years.

So upgrading thermal paste is a good idea, I've also noticed that due to the lower temps the Bitaxe is now running 0.25W less power draw as well; so better efficiency all around.


Still doesn't help finding a block though!  Wink

I clock mine to around 900gh.

Runs cooler and the paste lasts way longer.

I get 12-14 watts used on it.


I figure it will take 35000 years to hit a block running at 1.1th  or 40,000 years running at .9 th

Since .9 th is easy on the gear may as well do that.

I have all of my 6 Gammas running at 625Mhz 1.15V that gives around 1.27-1.3T/S for 18.5W each. Its a roll of the dice, but any chance is better than no chance.
FP91G
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1722



View Profile
February 26, 2026, 12:26:32 PM
 #385

Today I change thermal paste on my new Bitaxe Gamma, temp. drop for 10 degrese, fan is now on 40%.
I don't understand why manufacturers install such poor thermal paste.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005010659331694.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.16af3b4cOslUVG
This is because thermal paste loses its properties after 6-12 months, depending on temperatures. If temperatures are very high, you'll need to change the thermal paste even more frequently.
Monitor your device after 6 months, and you'll see that temperatures will rise again. Some devices have low-quality thermal paste from the factory, and miners immediately replace it with high-quality one.

Good quality thermal paste such as Noctua NH series or Arctic MX series are good for well over 12 months. The factory fitted cheap stuff typically a chewing gum pink colour does dry out pretty quickly so its worth the extra price and effort to get something that's reliable.

I've used Arctic MX-4 on most of my rigs and they've been running for about 2 years without any noticeable change in the thermal performance.

I recently changed the paste on one of my Bitaxe Gamma boards to Noctua NH 2, that's now running a good 8-10C cooler than it used to.

I use Noctua NH2 in one of my PC's and that's been running without any issues for over 5 years.

So upgrading thermal paste is a good idea, I've also noticed that due to the lower temps the Bitaxe is now running 0.25W less power draw as well; so better efficiency all around.


Still doesn't help finding a block though!  Wink
Thermal paste on a personal computer can last over 5 years, unless you're mining 24/7. Arctic MX-4 and Noctua NH are good thermal pastes, but they're expensive. I used a cheaper alternative, GD900. It needs to be changed more often, but you can save a lot of money. You can try other models GD2 and GD3 with characteristics of 7.5 W/mK

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████▀▄▄▄▀██████████
█████████░█████░█████████
████████▀▀░▄▄▄░▀█████████
███████░░░█████░░░███████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
███████░░░█████░░░███████
████████▄▄░▀▀▀░▄█████████
█████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
 
 Lock.com 
█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█▄▄
▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▄▄█
█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█▄▄
▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▄▄█
 
  Open − code isolated Crypto Wallet     Sign Up    
kekeck33
Jr. Member
*
Offline

Activity: 71
Merit: 2


View Profile
October 01, 2026, 11:01:59 AM
 #386

I have 8 miners connected to the solo race, 5 under 1 TH/s and 3 over 3 TH/s. The potential 10% reward for a solo block is quite substantial, and the payout for each individual miner when a block is found is significant too.
I wonder why more people don't join the solo race with one of their miners.
Let's assume the solo race has 200 TH/s, the probability of winning a reward is 200 times higher than if you were mining solo.
In my opinion, hitting a solo block with just 1 TH/s is unrealistic.
I suggest we spread the word about this race a bit, so that every little miner adds on of his device.
FP91G
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1722



View Profile
October 02, 2026, 10:35:15 AM
 #387

I have 8 miners connected to the solo race, 5 under 1 TH/s and 3 over 3 TH/s. The potential 10% reward for a solo block is quite substantial, and the payout for each individual miner when a block is found is significant too.
I wonder why more people don't join the solo race with one of their miners.
Let's assume the solo race has 200 TH/s, the probability of winning a reward is 200 times higher than if you were mining solo.
In my opinion, hitting a solo block with just 1 TH/s is unrealistic.
I suggest we spread the word about this race a bit, so that every little miner adds on of his device.

Do you really think it’s realistic to mine a block solo with 200 TH/s these days?
If it were, large miners would set up their own solo pools instead of pooling their combined hashrate into a single massive pool.
Whether you get that 200 TH/s from a single miner or by buying dozens of solo miners, you’re going to end up with a huge electricity bill.

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████▀▄▄▄▀██████████
█████████░█████░█████████
████████▀▀░▄▄▄░▀█████████
███████░░░█████░░░███████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
███████░░░█████░░░███████
████████▄▄░▀▀▀░▄█████████
█████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
 
 Lock.com 
█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█▄▄
▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▄▄█
█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█▄▄
▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▄▄█
 
  Open − code isolated Crypto Wallet     Sign Up    
kekeck33
Jr. Member
*
Offline

Activity: 71
Merit: 2


View Profile
October 02, 2026, 03:09:18 PM
Merited by willi9974 (1)
 #388

All is random, block was hit with less than 10THs.
The name of this race is LOTTERY so I pay for electricity about 50€ per mounth for lottery.
In winter I plug more miners for heating.

Known SOLO blocks in 2026 with small devices
3.4. 2026 – NerdOctaxe, ~9,6 TH/s → blok 943.466, Public Pool
7.4. 2026 – NerdQAxe++, ~4,8 TH/s → blok 944.078, Noderunners
18.4. 2026 – NerdQAxe++, ~4,8 TH/s → blok 945.601, Parasite
30.5. 2026 – Avalon Nano 3S, 6,68 TH/s → blok 951.771, Braiins Solo
10.6, 2026 – Bitaxe Gamma, samo 995 GH/s (~1 TH/s) → blok 957.382, Public Pool
FP91G
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1722



View Profile
October 03, 2026, 09:48:17 AM
 #389

All is random, block was hit with less than 10THs.
The name of this race is LOTTERY so I pay for electricity about 50€ per mounth for lottery.
In winter I plug more miners for heating.

Known SOLO blocks in 2026 with small devices
3.4. 2026 – NerdOctaxe, ~9,6 TH/s → blok 943.466, Public Pool
7.4. 2026 – NerdQAxe++, ~4,8 TH/s → blok 944.078, Noderunners
18.4. 2026 – NerdQAxe++, ~4,8 TH/s → blok 945.601, Parasite
30.5. 2026 – Avalon Nano 3S, 6,68 TH/s → blok 951.771, Braiins Solo
10.6, 2026 – Bitaxe Gamma, samo 995 GH/s (~1 TH/s) → blok 957.382, Public Pool
Your data suggests that people win the regular lottery more often. But now you can proudly call yourself a miner Smiley
10 TH/s × 100 days = 1,000 terahash-days
100 TH/s × 10 days = 1,000 terahash-days
The probability is the same, you can play for one month at $600, or you can play for 12 months at $50 each.

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████▀▄▄▄▀██████████
█████████░█████░█████████
████████▀▀░▄▄▄░▀█████████
███████░░░█████░░░███████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
███████░░░█████░░░███████
████████▄▄░▀▀▀░▄█████████
█████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
 
 Lock.com 
█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█▄▄
▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▄▄█
█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█▄▄
▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▄▄█
 
  Open − code isolated Crypto Wallet     Sign Up    
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!