Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:55:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy Buy Buy or Sell Sell Sell?  (Read 3301 times)
Mayor of ogba

Activity: 308
Merit: 183

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 29, 2024, 10:40:51 PM

It all depends on the amount of bitcoin the person has accumulate over that interval of one year before you begin to talk about making of profit. If u do not have a sizeable amount of bitcoin in your portfolio you cannot be able to make this profit you are talking about ,especially if you are doing DCA it will take you time to accumulate a reasonable
amount of bitcoin.
The method of collecting Bitcoin to get a larger amount varies from person to person, although the one we see most often now is to use DCA with a certain target time period. Because to achieve a bigger profit target, you definitely have to have a fairly large amount of Bitcoin ownership and that cannot be denied by everyone. That is why most people always pay more attention to their Bitcoin holdings portfolio than others because in Bitcoin everyone can make a profit as long as they have enough patience in collecting it and also have a fairly large amount in their own portfolio.
Basically those are the investors who usually do the DCA in bitcoin to accumulate the bitcoin throughout the bear market. Those are the people who will then sell in the bull market and gain maximum return on Investments. I will not compare them with the traders who have different mind set and who will usually buy and sell multiple times to gain profits.

You are still describing and even trying to worship traders as if you know how to tell the difference between a good trader and a not so good one, when the fact of the matter is that trading does not pay off for an overwhelming number of folks who even attempt it, and in bitcoin, we have had the overwhelming majority of folks profiting from establishing and following a practice that mostly errors on the side of accumulating bitcoin and holding it... not fucking around with trading and trying to believe that you are able to time tops and bottoms.. which is a bunch of bullshit where a lot of folks who try such a thing end up selling too much too soon and making a variety of other mistakes, so there is no need to be worshiping those kinds of practices and trying to act like it is some kind of practice that normies should aspire to.

sometimes, one of the reasons why people  try to just jump into Bitcoin investments in a time they feel the market is bearish hoping to zoom off whenever the market gets bullish is probably because they are still very new to the system and aren't ready for any long tern commitment that will see them to gaining better in the future.

No, I really don't think so about this statement here, I think it's totally contrary to what is happening in today's market, for the few months I have been in this crypto space, I have come to understand that almost all newbies mostly buy during bull season, they only buy when everything are ok, when the market are mostly green, and they start panicking when the market start declining, and that is why the the higher numbers of panic sellers are mostly newbies, because they don't have much belief in Bitcoin, and they mostly sell at a loss when the market start declining, they don't know that Bitcoin have what it takes to bounce back from any setback, because over the years, it has proven over and over again that it can recover it previous value, and it gets better with age, just like a fine 🍷 wine,  so it's only people that have gotten a little bit of knowledge of Bitcoin  and how it works, would know that the best time to buy is during the bear season, or through the DCA accumulating strategy, so my brother, knowledge is key, even in this crypto space.
It is not only newbies who buy bitcoin during the bull market but also people who are doubting bitcoin, and when they see testimonies on social media on how people are making huge profits from their bitcoin investment, they will not know that those investors have held their bitcoin for long. They quickly invested in bitcoin; they had no basic knowledge of it, and when they didn't get what they were expecting from their bitcoin investment, they would sell it even when they were at a loss. I agree with you that the best time to buy bitcoin is during the bear market because you will accumulate bitcoin at a low price, but the DCA strategy is not a market; it is a strategy used in accumulating bitcoin during the bear market and bull market.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10263

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 29, 2024, 10:55:16 PM

Even if you do everything correct, including continuing to DCA invest into bitcoin for the next 8-10 years, it is not guaranteed that your investment will end up being successful.

Yes, bitcoin has been a good investment, and there is no evidence to suggest that bitcoin is no longer a good investment, but it is still not guaranteed to pay off, even 8-10 years or longer down the road.  Each of us needs to size our investments accordingly, without anticipating that our investment into BTC is guaranteed to be successful, when it is not.
I do lay emphasis on this too, accumulation shouldn't be limited within 10 years or we expect to already make profit, even if we do, investing and accumulation should be taken as a life process and security for the future. Bitcoin is our digital gold and should be treated as a such not just for profit making sake. The goal should be sticking to your investment plans in a way you consistently invest without getting worn out.

My point is not so much about the timeline exactly, even though I agree that having a longer timeline should allow for pacing of the investing - yet all along, any of us should know that at any time, our investment in bitcoin could go to zero, so we could lose up to 100% of our investment, and we could also lose some variation in-between 0% and 100%, since bitcoin is also not guaranteed to make any kind of a profit.

There surely is the other side of the ledger that should also establish that it is possible for BTC prices to appreciate greatly, so that remains part of the nature of an asymmetric bet.. a possibility of losing up to 100% (and no more if you do not leverage), but also there are various upside possibilities too, that contributes to abilities to potentially profit several times more than 100%, depending on how either side of the scenario plays out, and surely there have been many of us who have already profited stupendously in bitcoin, so we likely have decently sized profit cushions, yet there are also people who are more recent entrants into bitcoin, and surely bitcoin's price is generally up so a large number of folks who have been buying regularly and consistently over recent times are likely to be in profits, even though more recent entrants may or may not be in profits, and new entrants into bitcoin have to consider the various ways that they might want to get into bitcoin, including my own ongoing recommendation that anyone new to bitcoin should get started right away, and sure s/he may have to figure out details at a later date.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Hallroom

Activity: 658
Merit: 17

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 30, 2024, 03:33:08 AM

Funny enough I don't believe that anyone who holds his investment for less than 4 yours is a long term holder except on cases where the person was able to accumulate so much bitcoin in such a short amount of time and maybe was lauck to invest in a time like this(for those that started invest maybe mid last year or from last year).

Holding an investment withing a duration of a year to four is no longer what we should be seen as short term investment, we can even make the expected result within the first year of investing on bitcoin if we happen to fall under the right timing that after our investment, the market continues in bullrun on a sustained range, just as we have it from now, if someone is investing now and could be able to hold till this time next year, there is high probability of making more profits over his investments because of the post halving bullrun experience.
If we can maintain the investment we are running in the long term, of course this is not an easy thing for everyone to do, of course we must have a good understanding of the investment we are running and have set a profit target from the investment and will be patient in waiting for the profit. What we will get is that someone who starts investing now will of course still be able to get a profit from the investment they make because I am very sure that the price of Bitcoin will continue to increase in the next few months.
Hope you understand that to see a reasonable profit in bitcoin, you should have held your bitcoin investment for at least a full circle which is usually 4 years. So anyone who is buying now hoping to see sizeable profits within few months as you are saying might get a bit disappointed, unless they are buying the way Microstrategy usually do. But if it's someone who is buying through DCA, I don't think they will see a good profit in few months as you are speculating.
Holding your Bitcoin investment within a circle can not even be a guarantee of seeing a reasonable profits, what puts you in a reasonable profits is how much of Bitcoin you have and how long you were able to hold, I believe there are still investors who may not been able to stash up Bitcoin up to a reasonable amount within a circle hence profits should be discussed in terms of having Bitcoin up to a reasonable amount and while holding for as long as possible which may not be considerably one circle, but as a longer time enough to put you in to a good and reasonable amount of Bitcoin.

It basically proves that when an investor can hold his bitcoins, the more bitcoins he can hold, the more benefits he can get in the long run. As an investor he needs to be quite diligent about Bitcoin. Whenever you hold a bitcoin according to a circle it doesn't prove it, it proves how long you can reasonably hold the bitcoin. The more bitcoins you hold, the bigger you can become.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║ 〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙 ║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
martinex

Activity: 378
Merit: 130

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2024, 07:24:16 AM

It basically proves that when an investor can hold his bitcoins, the more bitcoins he can hold, the more benefits he can get in the long run. As an investor he needs to be quite diligent about Bitcoin. Whenever you hold a bitcoin according to a circle it doesn't prove it, it proves how long you can reasonably hold the bitcoin. The more bitcoins you hold, the bigger you can become.

How do we hold long and hold on to BTC assets, once we see a slight correction in the market, it has panicked and come out, not to mention being consumed with the issue that after this halving period quickly the price will rise immediately and big profits will be obtained high.

My assumption, halving or not BTC will continue to rise upwards and this asset is the safest asset compared to others that are not BTC, for example, there is a desire to fight for the benefit of buying meme coins. It will be very sad even if the influenza is like Elon Musk and of course the journey of BTC is also very early so in my opinion just keep collecting.

║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
Troytech

Activity: 154
Merit: 123

View Profile
April 30, 2024, 09:26:44 AM
Merited by Agbamoni (3), JayJuanGee (1)

My point is not so much about the timeline exactly, even though I agree that having a longer timeline should allow for pacing of the investing - yet all along, any of us should know that at any time, our investment in bitcoin could go to zero, so we could lose up to 100% of our investment, and we could also lose some variation in-between 0% and 100%, since bitcoin is also not guaranteed to make any kind of a profit.

There surely is the other side of the ledger that should also establish that it is possible for BTC prices to appreciate greatly, so that remains part of the nature of an asymmetric bet.. a possibility of losing up to 100% (and no more if you do not leverage), but also there are various upside possibilities too, that contributes to abilities to potentially profit several times more than 100%, depending on how either side of the scenario plays out, and surely there have been many of us who have already profited stupendously in bitcoin, so we likely have decently sized profit cushions, yet there are also people who are more recent entrants into bitcoin, and surely bitcoin's price is generally up so a large number of folks who have been buying regularly and consistently over recent times are likely to be in profits, even though more recent entrants may or may not be in profits, and new entrants into bitcoin have to consider the various ways that they might want to get into bitcoin, including my own ongoing recommendation that anyone new to bitcoin should get started right away, and sure s/he may have to figure out details at a later date.

The future of our bitcoin investment remains uncertain and either possibilities of we profiting off our investment or losing 100% of our investment can happen and should be considered, but sincerely speaking I myself along many others hardly put in mind or would want our bitcoin investment after holding and accumulating for so many years to not profit us, I also understand that to be on the safe side of the spinning coin we should invest with money that we won't miss during the time of our investment or something like our spare money, yet the reality before us is the fact that bitcoin is doing well and has been for some years, making many that invested earlier rich and others in good profit and we also know that the only way to prepare for up is to continue buying bitcoin, leaving us in situation where we have to side one variable of possibility over the other at least a little.

Here is what I mean, I know that bitcoin might not do well and also it might do well and to be safe I have to invest with money I won't be needing, but if want to profit from bitcoin I have to have a good stash which means been aggressive to a point and that involves giving all or a major percentage of my disposable income to bitcoin and at that point if bitcoin goes wrong I will be hurt, if I like it or not, but i won't be affected by it since I wasn't investing out of my disposable income.

And this can also come to affect how many of us would approach investing in bitcoin, to be either whimy since they would rather side the fear of losing all or aggressive knowing that there is a risk of loss but rather choses to buy bitcoin aggressively.
cxtreenal

Activity: 82
Merit: 18

View Profile
April 30, 2024, 10:56:28 AM

Edited

How do we hold long and hold on to BTC assets, once we see a slight correction in the market, it has panicked and come out, not to mention being consumed with the issue that after this halving period quickly the price will rise immediately and big profits will be obtained high.
Your chances of success in long-term bitcoin investment can double or triple. This time you may not get the desired profit. Your fears in investing are the reason for your failure. In a panic, you can sell the asset you bought at the dips before higher price. Achieving high profits depends not only on your investment over time but also on your buying at the right dips price. If the price of BTC is on the downside, it is better to have the sense to buy more so that your capital can get a dipper price.

My assumption, halving or not BTC will continue to rise upwards and this asset is the safest asset compared to others that are not BTC, for example, there is a desire to fight for the benefit of buying meme coins. It will be very sad even if the influenza is like Elon Musk and of course the journey of BTC is also very early so in my opinion just keep collecting.
Better not to talk outside of the discussion we are in on Bitcoin in this thread. BTC price is upward or low, whatever you have with it because this journey is going to be auspicious for you and you continue. I will not hide the aspects of investment risk because in investing you should take into account the potential risks. It is better to be more aggressive in buy the dip and holding Bitcoins.
Barikui1

Activity: 210
Merit: 137

View Profile
April 30, 2024, 11:03:05 AM

The future of our bitcoin investment remains uncertain and either possibilities of we profiting off our investment or losing 100% of our investment can happen and should be considered, but sincerely speaking I myself along many others hardly put in mind or would want our bitcoin investment after holding and accumulating for so many years to not profit us, I also understand that to be on the safe side of the spinning coin we should invest with money that we won't miss during the time of our investment or something like our spare money, yet the reality before us is the fact that bitcoin is doing well and has been for some years, making many that invested earlier rich and others in good profit and we also know that the only way to prepare for up is to continue buying bitcoin, leaving us in situation where we have to side one variable of possibility over the other at least a little.

Here is what I mean, I know that bitcoin might not do well and also it might do well and to be safe I have to invest with money I won't be needing, but if want to profit from bitcoin I have to have a good stash which means been aggressive to a point and that involves giving all or a major percentage of my disposable income to bitcoin and at that point if bitcoin goes wrong I will be hurt, if I like it or not, but i won't be affected by it since I wasn't investing out of my disposable income.

And this can also come to affect how many of us would approach investing in bitcoin, to be either whimy since they would rather side the fear of losing all or aggressive knowing that there is a risk of loss but rather choses to buy bitcoin aggressively.

It's actually true that no investment is risk free and Bitcoin is no exception, but it's an asset that is worth investing in, because it has proven itself over and over again over the years that even though it goes through a rough path at some point, it can still rally it way up regardless of the effort it haters put in for it to crash, but it still stands strong.

And we need to know that not everyone that invest in Bitcoin will be able to build a generational wealth because not everyone will be able to accumulate enough stash of Bitcoin that can have a major impact on his or her life, so in other for we to be able to build generational wealth over the years, while practicing the DCA method, we need to try ask much as possible to accumulate a very good stash of Bitcoin, because that is what will determine whether you will be successful or not on the longer run.

fadhilz123

Activity: 1316
Merit: 255

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile
April 30, 2024, 02:15:41 PM

What I understand so far is that people who hold Bitcoin will not often use Bitcoin in anything because their goal is to hold it for a long period of time and also continue to increase the amount over time when an investor has more money than they have earned. So it's not only about how long a person can hold Bitcoin, but also how much he can hold and own in that time period without thinking about using Bitcoin for anything except just buying and storing it in his own personal wallet.

So you also shouldn't be mistaken in this case because those who use Bitcoin for other things are people who don't like holding Bitcoin for a long time. Because currently there are many parties who are willing to accept Bitcoin and will also be quite happy if there is someone who wants to exchange the Bitcoin they already have for other things such as luxury goods or any service that can cause their Bitcoin to be lost. And I think investors who are smart enough to store Bitcoin will not use it carelessly for anything.

████████▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄
████████▄▄▄    ▄▄█▀▀▀██▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄███████▄
  █▀██████▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▀██▀▀▀███
  ██████▄██▀▀▀██████▀█▄ ███
  █▄ ▀▀ █████████████████
▄  ██   █▀████████████▄█ █
▀█  ▀█▄ ▄████████████▀▀▄██
 ▀█   ▀████████████████▄█▀
  ▀█▄    ████▄▄██████▄▄██▀
    ▀▀█▄▄ █▄▄  ▀▀▀▀███▀
████████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
Seabet.io
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
SPORTS
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
🎰.
CASINO
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████   ████████████████   ██████
..PLAY NOW..
██████   ███████████████████   █████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4493

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
April 30, 2024, 02:51:06 PM

Nothing has changed.

It's the same answer as always: Hodl hodl hodl.

Take your profits in Bitcoin. Don't waste your bitcoins by spending them on buying fiat currencies unless you have no other choice.
Miles2006

Activity: 252
Merit: 158

View Profile
April 30, 2024, 02:55:40 PM

It's actually true that no investment is risk free and Bitcoin is no exception, but it's an asset that is worth investing in, because it has proven itself over and over again over the years that even though it goes through a rough path at some point, it can still rally it way up regardless of the effort it haters put in for it to crash, but it still stands strong.

And we need to know that not everyone that invest in Bitcoin will be able to build a generational wealth because not everyone will be able to accumulate enough stash of Bitcoin that can have a major impact on his or her life, so in other for we to be able to build generational wealth over the years, while practicing the DCA method, we need to try ask much as possible to accumulate a very good stash of Bitcoin, because that is what will determine whether you will be successful or not on the longer run.
This is right but at this point, everyone should invest according to their size and income regardless the high gains and profit involved. The common reason why people talk about buying bitcoin with high amount is because of the profit involved but we forget about our plans, responsibility and financial ability are different, or rather an investor can decide to buy using $20 weekly although this sound low compared to another investor using $50 weekly during the long run, profit will definitely be unequal so this is the common reason why investors accumulate with high amount but it's best everyone accumulate within a nice range that will not cause distraction, If the $50 weekly accumulation will cause problem I will suggest for an investor to reduce. I don't know if all this is coming from the point of competition but I think it's wrong competiting while investing in bitcoin, investing is all about comfort so I see no reason why anyone will invest more than he/her income
FinePoine0

Activity: 406
Merit: 125

View Profile
April 30, 2024, 04:23:54 PM

Basically the time we're in is the next time the halving takes place. Investors start buying when the common halving begins. And now is the only time to invest this entire month of April, as the next bull market awaits. After the halving, basically the bull market starts from 100 to 120 days from which the price of Bitcoin starts moving towards the maximum speed. The fact that the price of Bitcoin is not going up yet means that now is the time to buy, and the more you buy, the longer you will hold. The higher it will continue to improve because it can hit higher prices when a bull market begins.

Bravut

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 30, 2024, 05:09:17 PM

Basically the time we're in is the next time the halving takes place. Investors start buying when the common halving begins. And now is the only time to invest this entire month of April, as the next bull market awaits. After the halving, basically the bull market starts from 100 to 120 days from which the price of Bitcoin starts moving towards the maximum speed. The fact that the price of Bitcoin is not going up yet means that now is the time to buy, and the more you buy, the longer you will hold. The higher it will continue to improve because it can hit higher prices when a bull market begins.

We are already in the bull market. There is no specific time for accumulating Bitcoin, you keep accumulating regardless of the market condition whether or not in a bull market. You keep stacking and accumulating more Bitcoin, as for a better investment growth you keep on. So thinking that now is the only time is absurd, price skyrocketing isn't new, we can't same time tell irrespective of past data what  the market gonna do.

After you have gotten your profits if you are considering to sell off your holdings, how about your portfolio will there be more bitcoin to hold?
Let stop getting over excited and too expectant about price movement.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Notalony

Activity: 42
Merit: 9

View Profile
April 30, 2024, 05:42:51 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2024, 02:07:11 AM by Notalony

Buying when the price is lower compared to the previous high price can be really good, as it help investors to buy more Bitcoin with the same amount of money they used in buying lesser amount of Bitcoin when the price was previously high, but I believe that if the intention of the investor is to buy and hold for longer time, buying any time is ok whether at high price or low price, the important thing is to get started and have Bitcoin in your bag and prepare for what will happen in the up or down. I don't think one should be more worried about the price instead you should be more worried about how much of Bitcoin you have in your bag, and I also believe that those that have smaller amount of Bitcoin in their bag will not really be too happy to see Bitcoin going up without them having enough in their bags, it is those that already have larger size of Bitcoin that will be very much happy to see Bitcoin going up.
martinex

Activity: 378
Merit: 130

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2024, 03:46:25 AM

And then there is no need timing the market that's why is good to use the best strategy to accumulate more Bitcoin by using the DCA strategy which helps you purchase Bitcoin at different interval at a fix time probably weekly or monthly so you won't have a high blood pressure by timing the market.

Actually, DCA is just a technique and it comes after the soft skills intelligence of ourselves and supported by funds that support being brave and never give up and have the motivation to invest in BTC in the long term where BTC is also a time shortener for profit accumulation from what we invest which initially usually seems long and boring. Yes. very precise as conveyed by our senior JJG.

I am not assuming anything, except that anyone investing into bitcoin has to have discretionary income if such persons are going to invest into bitcoin or anything else.  If such persons do not have discretionary income then they are gambling rather than investing, and I am not suggesting that anyone gambles.

This is what is happening now sir.. Lips sealed

║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
OrangeII

Activity: 2086
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 01, 2024, 02:21:19 PM

So far I am still holding back, and trying to increase the assets I have. Selling, buying, or holding is an absolute decision that every investor has. However, before making that decision, it would be better if we did some research. Each person here may have a different portfolio, so their decision choices will be different. So far I prefer to hold and collect assets.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Marvelockg

Activity: 182
Merit: 119

View Profile
May 01, 2024, 03:01:52 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Basically the time we're in is the next time the halving takes place. Investors start buying when the common halving begins. And now is the only time to invest this entire month of April, as the next bull market awaits.
how much Bitcoin can you even buy in a month? You all make it look like investing in Bitcoin is always a once in a four year thing were you buy when it is approaching the halving expecting the market to go bullish imidiately after the halving and then you take your your profit and zoom off. Isn't that a very short sighted and myopic way to think about investing into Bitcoin? Is that even investment in the first place? Anyone that starts buying because the halving is approaching or buys now that Bitcoin has gone dip expecting to sell off during the bull is a mere joker that doesn't understand the importance of having a good chunk of Bitcoin before even considering anything like selling his Bitcoin. Even big firms like micro strategy that have at least 214,400 BTC that's worth $13.6 billion aren't still considering selling any part of holding but are still gearing uo om stacking more Bitcoin and you think you've accumulated enough and should be talking about taking profit after the bull?

After the halving, basically the bull market starts from 100 to 120 days from which the price of Bitcoin starts moving towards the maximum speed.
you seems to be too certain regarding this your 100 to 120 days timeframe before it gets bullish after Bitcoin halving, I would have loved to know how you did your analysis and came up with this conclusion. Know  that whatever you've seen from speculators regarding what will possibly play out after the halving is mere speculation that's just a function of historical precedence that may or may not happen exactly the way it played out in the past or the way it's thought of to possibly play ouy in the this year. Bitcoin may go up all high earlier than expected or might stay longer before it gets bullish but regardless of what's the case at the end of th day, what's even more important is than you're able to leverage on this correction we've witnessed and that you're able to buy during this dip rather than selling due to fear or just investing a small amount and then you have to wait till it gets bullish and you just sell out your small amount of bitcoin.

The fact that the price of Bitcoin is not going up yet means that now is the time to buy, and the more you buy, the longer you will hold. The higher it will continue to improve because it can hit higher prices when a bull market begins.
yeah, every DIP and corrections are opportunity to buy more Bitcoin with lesser amount of fiat and that's the right mentality you've got to always work with. Whatever happens to the price of Bitcoin at your accumilation stage is to your advantage and for you, it should be more about leveraging more on the DIP rather than waiting for a bull that doesn't have anything to do with you since you don't have any plans of selling at the moment.

I_Anime

Activity: 392
Merit: 164

View Profile
May 01, 2024, 10:39:25 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

So far I am still holding back, and trying to increase the assets I have. Selling, buying, or holding is an absolute decision that every investor has. However, before making that decision, it would be better if we did some research. Each person here may have a different portfolio, so their decision choices will be different. So far I prefer to hold and collect assets.

But still is better to get to a certain point in your accummulation where you have gotten yah self a good Bitcoin stashes, before thinking of withdrawing from your investment. So if you have gotten so such point you may decide to withdraw anytime, because at then you may already be in good profit depending on your bitcoin accummulation, for instance those that started accumulating bitcoin 4 years back may have gotten he or her self some nice quantities depending on his accummulating rate , let's me say at that time Bitcoin was around $10k and an individual kept on using DCA to purchase Bitcoin till  now , and Bitcoin has been growing through those years and Bitcoin even created a new ATH (that's going to beat soon). So if that individual has gotten himself a pretty good stash doing those years, taken some profits now won't be any issue because you have already be in a great profit due to yah long-term accumulation and holding.

avp2306

Activity: 1008
Merit: 352

View Profile
May 01, 2024, 11:44:47 PM

But still is better to get to a certain point in your accummulation where you have gotten yah self a good Bitcoin stashes, before thinking of withdrawing from your investment. So if you have gotten so such point you may decide to withdraw anytime, because at then you may already be in good profit depending on your bitcoin accummulation, for instance those that started accumulating bitcoin 4 years back may have gotten he or her self some nice quantities depending on his accummulating rate , let's me say at that time Bitcoin was around $10k and an individual kept on using DCA to purchase Bitcoin till  now , and Bitcoin has been growing through those years and Bitcoin even created a new ATH (that's going to beat soon). So if that individual has gotten himself a pretty good stash doing those years, taken some profits now won't be any issue because you have already be in a great profit due to yah long-term accumulation and holding.

And they can already get good figures with that so for sure that there would be no question attached if they would able to secure their profits at that time since this is what really targeting to get a profit from our long term investment. Maybe there are other people don't know how to figure out something especially if certain positive situation came out on their side and they confused about next action to do. So I guess its more better to stick with their plan set if they able to think about selling it on 4 years span then their target reached then do it and don't listen to other peoples opinion since your convenience will matter the most here. What's important is you continue to invest for long term and try your luck for another 4 or more years cycle again.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
 PLAY NOW 
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10263

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 01, 2024, 11:56:48 PM

I am not assuming anything, except that anyone investing into bitcoin has to have discretionary income if such persons are going to invest into bitcoin or anything else.  If such persons do not have discretionary income then they are gambling rather than investing, and I am not suggesting that anyone gambles.

Sure, a lot of people make mistakes at various times because they might be investing beyond their discretionary income, so then they may well get frustrated when the BTC price drops because they were hoping it to go up so that they could scalp off some profits.. which surely some times those techniques can work in favor of the person who is gambling, but surely it does not seem to be a good way to approach such a volatile asset like bitcoin tends to be.

By the way, it is true that trading works way better with volatile assets rather than non-volatile assets, so if you know what you are doing, then surely, there is way more potential to make money in BTC because of its close to inevitable volatility..

One of the problems that I frequently attempt to point out is that bitcoin is amongst the best of assets known to mankind (even currently as I type this post), so there does seem to be some silliness in screwing around with trading it, even though there could be some smart ways to engage in some variations of trading it - though surely it also seems like one of the wiser things would be to at least build up some kind of a decent holdings in it prior to fucking around with trading it and if anyone is trading it, then that trading portion of their BTC holdings may well be limited to only a small size of their BTC holdings, perhaps 10% or less unless the person has special skills for trading, which most people do not, even skilled traders might have troubles in actually making trades with BTC that are more profitable than a mere buy, hold and accumulating of BTC strategy.

Since you seem to be so excited about "collecting assets," you may well be too involved in shitcoins.

For example, we can look at your forum registration date, and then we can see that if you had been investing $100 per week into bitcoin since your forum registration date, you would have had invested right around $44.2k, and you would have accumulated right around 17 BTC, so that would not be a bad place to be.

Has whatever "collection of assets" approach that you have been employing paid off better than a strategy that somewhat strictly attempts to stay focused on BTC accumulation?  Of course, your numbers might be different in terms of the amount that you might have had invested over the last 8.5 years-ish.

And, I am not necessarily saying that guys need to completely stay away from shitcoins, especially if they either have irresistible urges to gamble or they might have some curiosities about shitcoins, yet most likely it would be better to limit the amount of your involvement in shitcoins to less than 10% the size of your BTC investment - and yeah, I understand compulsive gamblers have difficulties limiting themselves, so that is on you if you are either not able to limit your gambling or if you might not have some prudent ways of involving yourself in assets that are likely both inferior to bitcoin but also really likely to be quite correlated with bitcoin, anyhow.. (meaning that the assets you are collecting - if they are shitcoins - may well depend on bitcoin performing well in order for them to hold their value and/or to otherwise perform well).

But still is better to get to a certain point in your accummulation where you have gotten yah self a good Bitcoin stashes, before thinking of withdrawing from your investment. So if you have gotten so such point you may decide to withdraw anytime, because at then you may already be in good profit depending on your bitcoin accummulation, for instance those that started accumulating bitcoin 4 years back may have gotten he or her self some nice quantities depending on his accummulating rate , let's me say at that time Bitcoin was around $10k and an individual kept on using DCA to purchase Bitcoin till  now , and Bitcoin has been growing through those years and Bitcoin even created a new ATH (that's going to beat soon). So if that individual has gotten himself a pretty good stash doing those years, taken some profits now won't be any issue because you have already be in a great profit due to yah long-term accumulation and holding.

You might be correct I_Anime, yet we cannot necessarily assume that folks were able to figure out that they should mostly be focusing on accumulating bitcoin, especially since OrangeII is talking about "collecting assets" as if that might be a reasonable (or profitable) strategy.. it is like he is saying that he has ongoing inclinations to diversify with shitcoins.  

So, yeah, even though it appears that OrangeII has been registered on the forum for around 8.5 years, for some reason he still considers some kind of value in fucking around with other "assets," and maybe even if there might be some personal preferences in that regard, yet the fact that he is sharing it as if it were something that others might want to do, causes me to consider that he may well be too distracted into various shitcoins, and surely there could be some ways that the investment portfolios of guys might perform better with some various shitcoins contained therein, I would suggest that the likelihood of outperforming a more strictly focused BTC strategy would be that great, which is part of the reason that I pointed out how many BTC OrangeII could have had accumulated over the last 8.5 years if he had employed some kind of a BTC accumulation strategy that involved DCA.. and sure it is possible that whatever he did over the last 8.5 years might have performed equal or better to such a strict BTC DCA strategy, yet I have my doubts that even if he did similar or better that whatever he did is something that would be replicable and/or recommended for any normies currently coming into bitcoin (or who might be in their earliest of times in the their BTC accumulation and/or building stages).

One more point in regards to your suggestion that some guys might be in an o.k position to start to shave off some of their BTC profits after merely 4 years accumulating, I am not sure if that would be generally an expectation with such a short timeline unless they were able to front-load their investment somewhat with various combinations of lump sum investing, buying on dips and/or DCA, and sure there could be scenarios that guys have put themselves into a strong position to be able to start shaving off BTC in around 4 years, I really have my doubts, especially since presumptively there would be several buys in there that would have not even run 4 years, and so sure some of the buys were further back and at lower prices and other buys might have been at higher prices, so the set there may well ONLY be some special circumstances in which bitcoin accumulators are able to get to a position of being able to start to sell BTC after only being in BTC for 4 ish years... but yeah, your overall sense seems to be correct about the longer that a person has been in the market (meaning been in BTC) then the more likely that he is going to have more prudent BTC portfolio management options that also might include some abilities to sell some of his BTC.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Marvelockg

Activity: 182
Merit: 119

View Profile
May 02, 2024, 01:21:07 PM

Sure, a lot of people make mistakes at various times because they might be investing beyond their discretionary income, so then they may well get frustrated when the BTC price drops because they were hoping it to go up so that they could scalp off some profits.. which surely some times those techniques can work in favor of the person who is gambling, but surely it does not seem to be a good way to approach such a volatile asset like bitcoin tends to be.
the truth is that a lot of people that are currently frustrated about Bitcoin not reaching there expectations fast enough even after it just halved falls under this category of people that invested above there discretional income hoping to get immediate profit when Bitcoin experience a bull thereby making them to give Bitcoin a timeframe to get to a certain price based on whatever is going on in terms of speculation around the media as a backup to making there short termed buys. As a matter of fact, I trader friend bought some meme coin a week to the halving, to be precise, he bought pepe coin with all his money hoping he will hold it till the 20th of the month and then take out his profit, event playes out that was damn demanding and he hard no choice than selling it on a 7% loss. Although the amount he lost isn't much and that the risk is much when you're investing into meme coin, even if he hard invested into Bitcoin without making adequate plans for his emergency funds and also ensuring he only invest an amount that doesn't inconvenience him in times of emergency,  he would have still faced similar fate.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if by virtue of your financial strength you're able to DCA at $50 per week or $100 per week, as long as you're able to do it  consistently over a good length of time without being all tensed up about price movement, it's even better off that way.  The best strategy is to set out modalities in place that will encourage long term accumilation over imidiate short termed profit that's in reality always going to be too minimal to even be looked at as a good proceeds gotten from investing into one of the most viable investible assets in the world at the moment.

though surely it also seems like one of the wiser things would be to at least build up some kind of a decent holdings in it prior to fucking around with trading it and if anyone is trading it, then that trading portion of their BTC holdings may well be limited to only a small size of their BTC holdings, perhaps 10% or less unless the person has special skills for trading, which most people do not, even skilled traders might have troubles in actually making trades with BTC that are more profitable than a mere buy, hold and accumulating of BTC strategy.
although I have seen some incredible traders who seems to be doing well for themselves in Thier trading, looking at the loses and level of uncertainties involved in trading coupled with the fact that as a new person that haven't built up my portfolio into something that's worth risking a portion of it, it's deficult or almost impossible to even look at it as an option. It kind of give this gambling vibes and requires an high level of concentration and discipline that I doubt an average novice would be able to handle and that's why investing for the long term is always going to be a profered option and knowing that investing using the DCA methord doesn't in any way prevent you from doing your regular jobs or stop you from being productive at work, it just encourage you saving habit and everytime you look at your portfolio to know that you've grown from a $10 initials into building above $500 within few months of stacking, it can't get more fulfilling that this.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: