Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:32:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy Buy Buy or Sell Sell Sell?  (Read 2514 times)
AirtelBuzz

Activity: 210
Merit: 212

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2024, 02:30:39 PM

Nowadays many people buy dip and sell it back to the pumping hall. May take longer or less time to reap benefits. It totally depends on the investor. Because an investor will depend on how long he will hold his investment. But usually I keep the investment for a long time and it is able to get the maximum benefit, because the longer the investment period, the higher the benefit.

If you can't buy correctly then it will be your first mistake in Bitcoin, if your investment time is short. Your risk will increase so it is definitely best to hold for the long term to reduce the risk. Here the more longevity you invest in investing the lower the risk and the best approach for you. You will save the most if you buy bitcoins using the DCA method only, and if you collect bitcoins for the long term, your investment will be long.

We are not all aware of the exact price to buy bitcoins so we should set a fixed price and then buy accordingly and hold the investment for a long time as you have implied. Investing in Bitcoin requires us to commit to holding it for a long period of time because if we can hold this investment properly for a long period of time then we will be able to achieve the desired results. Also you mentioned risk we all have to accept that all investments involve risk. But while all investments involve risk, investing in Bitcoin is much less risky.

Investing in DCA method is easy for everyone but may not be possible for everyone as many do not have source of income due to which they cannot invest regularly. Due to which they cannot apply this method properly in the case of investment. Yes you are correct that if you invest in DCA method and hold for long time the investment will grow.

"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mehmetosman89

Activity: 35
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 23, 2024, 03:13:32 PM

I would keep emphasising on the need that, till you examine yourself then you know your place in the Bitcoin Market. Whether you are in for short-term profits, or in for to view long-term in quest to build a solid bitcoin portfolio as a valuable asset. This settles everything and the debates.

It individually based, but the end result tells the story, Bitcoin is an asset not just a tradable coin

And people who already know that Bitcoin has become a valuable asset for everyone and also for themselves, of course that person will make more purchases than sell after buying. Whether it's in the short term or in the long term because I can't imagine how expensive Bitcoin will be in the market when everyone has been buying and holding it without selling any of the Bitcoin they have right now. Because from what I see at every halving there is always a maximum price increase in Bitcoin and this may still happen at the next halving in the next four years.

And if this is talking about each individual, each person should focus on themselves in any case, including buying Bitcoin without too much hesitation in the current market conditions. I think everyone should have the desire to save Bitcoin every week in order to be able to change their finances and have valuable assets in the future because from what I have seen this year there are extraordinary facts that have happened to Bitcoin which makes me confident in saying that to many people who are still doubtful about Bitcoin.
I_Anime

Activity: 378
Merit: 157

View Profile
April 23, 2024, 06:42:45 PM

That is not always true, I have been a long term holder for a long time but I have been checking the daily movements for years as well, there is nothing wrong with checking the price and the movements, it allows me to buy more when it drops a lot, like for example with this recent drop I bought some more, not a lot because I have absolutely no money left, it was literally just 30 dollars, it is nothing compared to what people invest, but that is what I had, and I didn't want to miss this chance.

So, just because you are looking at movements daily, doesn't mean that you are going to make a move, or doesn't mean you are going to sell, it just means that you would like to stay informed with the market you are invested in, that's it.

Well at first don't use yah self to compare others,  and I checked your profile and I can see that you have been into Bitcoin for long and am  sure you have gotten some good knowledge and understanding about how Bitcoin and the beauty in it . So you are someone that truly understand and have seen the beauty and potential in Bitcoin, checking the market won't be any issues because you have already know that no matter any dip Bitcoin undergo it will surely recover back stronger, so whenever any dip you won't feel your emotions being test but instead you will grab the opportunity to buy more . The reason why I don't still encourage most people to keep on checking Market movement expecially those that are still new into Bitcoin, is because most people can't withstand or bare seeing their Bitcoin stashed decreasing in value whenever there's dip , Thinking that the bitcoin may not bounce back due to the half-size knowledge they possessed at that time which may lead to them making rash decisions that would later affect them negatively (making losses) with thought of cutting losses and I'm once a victim of such .

So as an Bitcoin investor, there's no need to focus more on market movement but rather your Bitcoin accumulation. because is only those that normally trade with their bitcoin for short-term profit that usually spend most of their time in Market. Just imagine one haven't gotten far with his accumulation and he or she are spending of their time in checking Market movement if there's dip or increase in market, wgugh wrong because as the word implied longer-term means that you are holding like 4-10 years. So anything concerning selling shouldn't be such individual aim when he or she haven't gotten themselves some good quantities of bitcoin, so at checking Market movement regularly isn't relevant at all.

Notalony

Activity: 28
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 23, 2024, 08:29:53 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

It might sound pretty basic but doing it is never been that easy considering that there would really be factors which would really be affecting your decision. Buying and holding Bitcoin? Aiming for long term. yes you can but
if you are someone whose really that active on seeing on whats happening in the market then make it sure that you wont really be affected by it because if you are somewhat a person whose really that emotional and someone who is really that easily could be influenced then its likely or high chances that you would really be finding yourself having those kind of second thoughts whether you should be holding even longer or you
would really be tending to cut-loses or whatsoever. Its never been that something simple but of course it would really be just that depending on a certain individual

Checking market movement as an long-term holder shows that you are just in for short-term goals. Because as a long-term investment one don't need to bother themselves with price movement, instead focus on how to accomplish their accumulation goal by accumulating and same time holding for long-term. Yeah checking the market movement on a regular will definitely messed with one emotions expecially those who are new in to Bitcoin which may lead to one selling their investment in a premature state.
that is why when you are investing in cryptocurrency most especially Bitcoin they have to bear in mind that it is a long-term investment that will give you what you needed or what you want because a short time investment is a investment give you a short-term profit instead of a mega profit you come achieve when you invest for long time investment that is why everybody is trying to venture into a long time investment, for me I do encourage people to invest when the price of Bitcoin is low and allow it, until the price of bitcoin get increased.

That might be a wrong approach and looks like trading too, and can be very misleading because I believe that a true long term investor will not wait to see the price of Bitcoin to be low before buying but rather they will be buying even when it is high or low just to make sure that they are not going to miss out buying opportunities and also knowing that Bitcoin is still a new growing asset such that the price we may look at now to be high will still be look at as a low price tomorrow when the price of Bitcoin will go higher tomorrow. It is the traders that is always looking at buying Bitcoin when it is low so, but a true long term investor buys all the time whether low or high with dca strategy, buying low is good but it is not good to be waiting for it before buying, so I don't like your advice of encouraging people to invest when price of Bitcoin is low and then allow it, until the price of Bitcoin get increased I think think is a wrong advice when talking about Bitcoin long term investment.
Troytech

Activity: 154
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 23, 2024, 10:22:25 PM

I would keep emphasising on the need that, till you examine yourself then you know your place in the Bitcoin Market. Whether you are in for short-term profits, or in for to view long-term in quest to build a solid bitcoin portfolio as a valuable asset. This settles everything and the debates.

It individually based, but the end result tells the story, Bitcoin is an asset not just a tradable coin

And people who already know that Bitcoin has become a valuable asset for everyone and also for themselves, of course that person will make more purchases than sell after buying. Whether it's in the short term or in the long term because I can't imagine how expensive Bitcoin will be in the market when everyone has been buying and holding it without selling any of the Bitcoin they have right now. Because from what I see at every halving there is always a maximum price increase in Bitcoin and this may still happen at the next halving in the next four years.

And if this is talking about each individual, each person should focus on themselves in any case, including buying Bitcoin without too much hesitation in the current market conditions. I think everyone should have the desire to save Bitcoin every week in order to be able to change their finances and have valuable assets in the future because from what I have seen this year there are extraordinary facts that have happened to Bitcoin which makes me confident in saying that to many people who are still doubtful about Bitcoin.

Firstly bro short term investment is pure trading or gambling cause you are taking advantage of mere price fluctuations and missing out on the real thing which is to accumulate or own Bitcoin.

No matter the price of bitcoin I won't consider it a time too late to invest in bitcoin cause even now people still invest in gold despite it been a more mature investment than bitcoin, and thinking about the price of bitcoin as an hindrance to accumulate or buy bitcoin is a false restriction you are putting on yourself cause at the end of the day if bitcoin does well then you woudl also regret.

I understand that as the price gets higher we all have to buy bitcoin at a higher price and also it might be scary to invest in It considering the high price but we are investing with our disposable income and we would not be needing this money any time soon, and the worse possible senerio would be a case where bitcoin doesn't grow anymore and you don't get any profits from your investment or it going to zero and you don't have to miss the money, so if you follow this pattern then surely you won't be on a losing side which ever way the asset goes.

teamsherry

Activity: 168
Merit: 46

Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 23, 2024, 10:23:37 PM

Nowadays many people buy dip and sell it back to the pumping hall. May take longer or less time to reap benefits. It totally depends on the investor. Because an investor will depend on how long he will hold his investment. But usually I keep the investment for a long time and it is able to get the maximum benefit, because the longer the investment period, the higher the benefit.

Funny enough I don't believe that anyone who holds his investment for less than 4 yours is a long term holder except on cases where the person was able to accumulate so much bitcoin in such a short amount of time and maybe was lauck to invest in a time like this(for those that started invest maybe mid last year or from last year). Why short term investment is a abuse to investment and rather trading is because you are not following what an investment should be, how would you buy low and sell high without letting any compounding effect come on you investment.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
Tmoonz

Merit: 103

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 24, 2024, 12:55:30 AM

It will be best or more better to say that the more quantity of Bitcoin and the longer the investment period, the higher the benefits, it will be very wrong to prioritize longevity of your Bitcoin investment without talking about having a sizeable worth of Bitcoin within those years of waiting for your investment.not only holding for longer time is important but how much of consistence you are making purchases is also very important in order to have a good and sizeable worth of Bitcoin up to a reasonable amount.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10211

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 24, 2024, 02:34:35 AM

Funny enough I don't believe that anyone who holds his investment for less than 4 yours is a long term holder except on cases where the person was able to accumulate so much bitcoin in such a short amount of time and maybe was lauck to invest in a time like this(for those that started invest maybe mid last year or from last year). Why short term investment is a abuse to investment and rather trading is because you are not following what an investment should be, how would you buy low and sell high without letting any compounding effect come on you investment.

For sure, I would like to point out that historically bitcoin has had compounding effects over each cycle and also even more compounding effects over several cycles, yet I would like to also assert that compounding effects are not guaranteed merely because a person stays invested in bitcoin for more than one whole cycle. 

There is always a risk that bitcoin might not go up in value and even that it could go down or go to zero, so even though many of us appreciate that bitcoin seems to continue to have one of the best investment theses, even perhaps the best, it still is not guaranteed to go up, and I think part of the reason regarding having an investment timeline that is 4-10 years or longer is to make sure that you are considering bitcoin as a long term investment rather than merely trying to trade waves, and sure everyone is free to do what they like in terms of their approach to an investment, even though there are probably plenty of us who would consider that you are not investing in bitcoin if you cannot at least come to it with a minimum of a 4-year investment time line... and yeah, maybe when I came into bitcoin in late 2013, it might have had been more difficult to actually commit to at least a 4-year investment timeline since bitcoin was ONLY less than 5 years old at that time in terms of how long it had been running, and maybe only 3.5 years or even less in terms of having (and growing) some kind of a market price.

So various bear case scenarios should also be included in terms of any thoughts to get into bitcoin and to build a bitcoin stash, and are non-bullish cases are not eliminated merely because the timeline is longer... so be careful both in terms of suggesting that compounding value is guaranteed and/or that negative scenarios (or less bullish scenarios) are no longer applicable, merely because you choose a longer investment timeline, whether that is 4-10 years or even longer than that.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Yukyzu

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 24, 2024, 06:56:16 AM

If you can't buy correctly then it will be your first mistake in Bitcoin, if your investment time is short. Your risk will increase so it is definitely best to hold for the long term to reduce the risk. Here the more longevity you invest in investing the lower the risk and the best approach for you. You will save the most if you buy bitcoins using the DCA method only, and if you collect bitcoins for the long term, your investment will be long.

We are not all aware of the exact price to buy bitcoins so we should set a fixed price and then buy accordingly and hold the investment for a long time as you have implied. Investing in Bitcoin requires us to commit to holding it for a long period of time because if we can hold this investment properly for a long period of time then we will be able to achieve the desired results. Also you mentioned risk we all have to accept that all investments involve risk. But while all investments involve risk, investing in Bitcoin is much less risky.

Investing in DCA method is easy for everyone but may not be possible for everyone as many do not have source of income due to which they cannot invest regularly. Due to which they cannot apply this method properly in the case of investment. Yes you are correct that if you invest in DCA method and hold for long time the investment will grow.
When we realize that the price of Bitcoin will continue to increase, we can try to collect the investments we make so that we can enjoy the profits from the investments we make, but we need to do it consistently as you said because if we don't do it correctly consistently, it will be difficult to achieve the investment targets we make and we must have good planning before deciding to invest.

You are right, it will be very difficult to be able to invest using this method if we don't have a steady income because it could be that when we have a purchasing schedule that we have set and we don't have the funds, of course we won't be able to buy according to the schedule that we have set. However, it would be better for us to buy according to our abilities and not force ourselves to buy if we are not yet able to invest.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Miles2006

Activity: 238
Merit: 149

Cashback 15%

View Profile
April 24, 2024, 10:33:33 AM

For sure, I would like to point out that historically bitcoin has had compounding effects over each cycle and also even more compounding effects over several cycles, yet I would like to also assert that compounding effects are not guaranteed merely because a person stays invested in bitcoin for more than one whole cycle. 

There is always a risk that bitcoin might not go up in value and even that it could go down or go to zero, so even though many of us appreciate that bitcoin seems to continue to have one of the best investment theses, even perhaps the best, it still is not guaranteed to go up, and I think part of the reason regarding having an investment timeline that is 4-10 years or longer is to make sure that you are considering bitcoin as a long term investment rather than merely trying to trade waves, and sure everyone is free to do what they like in terms of their approach to an investment, even though there are probably plenty of us who would consider that you are not investing in bitcoin if you cannot at least come to it with a minimum of a 4-year investment time line... and yeah, maybe when I came into bitcoin in late 2013, it might have had been more difficult to actually commit to at least a 4-year investment timeline since bitcoin was ONLY less than 5 years old at that time in terms of how long it had been running, and maybe only 3.5 years or even less in terms of having (and growing) some kind of a market price.

So various bear case scenarios should also be included in terms of any thoughts to get into bitcoin and to build a bitcoin stash, and are non-bullish cases are not eliminated merely because the timeline is longer... so be careful both in terms of suggesting that compounding value is guaranteed and/or that negative scenarios (or less bullish scenarios) are no longer applicable, merely because you choose a longer investment timeline, whether that is 4-10 years or even longer than that.
This is actually right as our approach towards Bitcoin investment should be considered including bull market and the bear market, if putting the bear market into consideration I believe most people will learn to hold for long with proper planning to invest regardless the bear season. For example, I don't know about other investors but it's believed the higher amount you buy and hold will determine your profit during the long term plan, this can be a little confusing making most people to buy huge and sell quick forgetting the profit comes when an investor apply the long term plan. In summary if putting both the bull and bear market into consideration can prepare an investor ahead of time cause if thinking about just the bull and profit involve most people might get disappointed during the bear season. From my opinion everyone should take their time and plan properly and invest

Marvelockg

Merit: 108

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 24, 2024, 12:10:17 PM

When we realize that the price of Bitcoin will continue to increase, we can try to collect the investments we make so that we can enjoy the profits from the investments we make, but we need to do it consistently as you said because if we don't do it correctly consistently, it will be difficult to achieve the investment targets we make and we must have good planning before deciding to invest.
when bitcoin price is going up, the reverse of your assertion is what's actually supposed to be the case and it's not right to collect our profit because Bitcoin price is going up. Bitcoin is a volatile asset and that in itself means there will always come instances when prices will go up or down depending on the major factor that's responsible for such movement at the time and regardless of how frequent we might have witnessed such movement in price, it shouldn't become the reason why we sell off our Bitcoin and use the proceeds for our personal   gratification. Of course, at the end of the day, there will come a point in time when we will have to sell all our stack or part of it iether because we've reached our accumilation goal or that we've gotten our best out of investing in Bitcoin and would want to use our proceeds to better our lives or maybe use it to sort out a particular project in our locality as a way of laying a legacy which in itself is totally up to us to do whatever we want to do with our compounded stash. But outside of such kind of scenario, merely selling your holding because Bitcoin price is pumping is surely a bad and myopic strategy that anyone would even want to practice as an investor.

Generally, most naive investors get tempted to sell off there holdings mostly when Bitcoin is going dip and that's basically because they've not built there mental prowess to knowing how to deal with whatever is going on with Bitcoin price, whether it's going up or getting bearish and some might not know  that it's better to continue investing iether when bitcoin is going up or down.

When you're too concerned about taking your investment when Bitcoin is going up, you're most likely thinking like a trader and you know the synonimity that exists between trading and gambling right? You've got to be careful not to get it all twisted.

PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
Lanatsa

Activity: 2828
Merit: 649

View Profile
April 24, 2024, 07:07:09 PM

This is actually right as our approach towards Bitcoin investment should be considered including bull market and the bear market, if putting the bear market into consideration I believe most people will learn to hold for long with proper planning to invest regardless the bear season. For example, I don't know about other investors but it's believed the higher amount you buy and hold will determine your profit during the long term plan, this can be a little confusing making most people to buy huge and sell quick forgetting the profit comes when an investor apply the long term plan. In summary if putting both the bull and bear market into consideration can prepare an investor ahead of time cause if thinking about just the bull and profit involve most people might get disappointed during the bear season. From my opinion everyone should take their time and plan properly and invest
You should really be setting out plans as it should be with any investment decisions on which you would really be needing up that kind of plan or on whatever you would really be planning.
You cant just that make yourself making out some impulsive actions or decisions on the time that you would really be able to encounter such conditions but honestly buying and selling decisions
is something that we cant really be able to easily do it basing up on market conditions or trends. Buy when its bear market and sell out when its on peak, but the question is how you would
really be able to determine the peak?

The important thing on here is that you should not make yourself setting out those bars high or making that kind of positive approach. Everything should
really be that realistic so that you wont really be making yourself that getting disappointed.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
I_Anime

Activity: 378
Merit: 157

View Profile
April 24, 2024, 10:40:11 PM

Yeah there's no best time to buy bitcoin, instead of trying to time the market is better to just focused on using DCA strategy to accumulate Bitcoin, by buying at different price interval with a fixed amount of money  either monthly or weekly. Dca is one of the best method in accumulating Bitcoin and it has helped alot of investors gathered some good stash of Bitcoin in their portfolio, and it has also save us the stress of trying to time the Market .

You are right, it will be very difficult to be able to invest using this method if we don't have a steady income because it could be that when we have a purchasing schedule that we have set and we don't have the funds, of course we won't be able to buy according to the schedule that we have set. However, it would be better for us to buy according to our abilities and not force ourselves to buy if we are not yet able to invest

When it comes to DCA one don't have to go all in at once to start his accummulation, one can start by sharing his earning with percentage , like using a certain percentage for investing ( accumulating bitcoin) and holding the remaining percentage as fiat (emergency funds) to coverup any expenses while they invest in Bitcoin. So one can even start with the amount as low as $10 to run DCA of weekly purchasing.  That why is better to spend long time in your accummulation processes , while holding because as time goes on you will see yah portfolio growing with time and as you continue to hold as the value keep increasing you will surely endup with some delightful profits due to the quantities of yah holdings.

Tmoonz

View Profile
April 24, 2024, 10:47:42 PM

You are right, it will be very difficult to be able to invest using this method if we don't have a steady income because it could be that when we have a purchasing schedule that we have set and we don't have the funds, of course we won't be able to buy according to the schedule that we have set. However, it would be better for us to buy according to our abilities and not force ourselves to buy if we are not yet able to invest.

Collecting profits by selling advisablely parts of our investment totally depends on investor level of accumulation probably at your maintenance level or have gotten to your fuck you status. Yes, at that point you can sell part of your investment and do what ever it may please you with the profit you got, Bitcoin is not a tradable coin so you don't just sell for few dollar profits when are still early in your accumulation or a low coiner on seeing the price increasing, that trading which is more like gambling than investing you might buy back at a price higher than your selling point, keep buying Bitcoin and hodl for as long as 4 to 10 years or more where you can have a compounded value of your investment over time before considering if you are to sell or not.

Troytech

Merit: 118

View Profile
April 24, 2024, 11:01:21 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

From trying to put the pieces of what I think I understood from what you are saying is that we should always bear in mind the possibility of our investment not giving any returns even as we are going for a longer time frame cause anything can happen along the line of that long term holding and maybe bitcoin going to zero or the price for the whole 4 years was only going bear and no compounding Vale were to even be added to the investment.

IMO you have already given a good solution to this serval times and that is an approach that we are investing with money that we won't miss and just incase in that long time frame of events, the worse happens we won't be in a financial wreak.

But this springs up a question, what about those that are actually investing in bitcoin with money there would missing this case I don't mean over investing or allocating to much but for someone at retirement that has been accumulating bitcoin to live off it, and has been investing his retirement funds in it, what do we say of this.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10211

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 25, 2024, 03:25:03 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

[edited out]
But this springs up a question, what about those that are actually investing in bitcoin with money there would missing this case I don't mean over investing or allocating to much but for someone at retirement that has been accumulating bitcoin to live off it, and has been investing his retirement funds in it, what do we say of this.

I cannot tell you.  Since part of the justification for diversification is that you don't necessarily have all of your value in one thing, and I am not even suggesting that diversification is a good or necessary thing until maybe you start to get to the point that you have more than a year's income/expenses in bitcoin.

Sure, there are going to be some people who decide only to invest in bitcoin and cash an to maintain a bit of a narrow set of assets, but that surely could end up getting them in trouble if something ends up happening to bitcoin.

So  yeah, you are investing money into bitcoin that you don't need for 4-10 years... but you are expecting bitcoin to still be alive and well in those later times after you had invested so much into it, and surely I can understand that, and I cannot exactly tell you what to do, except for just say that bitcoin is not guaranteed, and if you are not protecting yourself, then no one is going to bail you out... so you have to figure out some kind of ways that you are happy with the level of balancing that you are doing regarding what kinds of things that you have besides bitcoin, and if bitcoin is the ONLY thing that you have, then you might be in a situation in which you are not diversified enough.. and no one can tell you what other things to invest into, whether it is property, stocks, bonds, cash equivalents, commodities or whatever (and surely I am not suggesting shitcoins at all, but some folks might keep some value in shitcoins - hopefully not more than a few percentage, but there is no way to stop people from coming to conclusions about what they are able to do based on what kinds of resources they have).

Maybe you don't even really need to be thinking too much about diversification in the first 4-10 years of your bitcoin investment, and there surely are some rich folks who likely are not diversified enough, but that is how they live.  There is a famous quote from Warren Buffet in which he says that you gain your wealth through concentration, yet you preserve your wealth through diversification.

I have not updated my own chart that describes wealth distribution recently (since it was last updated in mid-2022), but even though I have a lot of value in bitcoin, I started out with enough wealth in other kinds of assets that they would be able to support me, so even though my bitcoin has become greater than 80% of all of my other holdings, the other 20% of everything else could support me if bitcoin were to go to zero.

So, no one can tell you what to do or how to do it, but hopefully as you invest and you grow your investments and you learn along the way, your own portfolio and your decisions along the way will inform you about how to make those kinds of distribution, allocation and/or redistribution and/or reallocation decisions.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
teamsherry

Merit: 46

Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 25, 2024, 12:17:45 PM

[edited out]

I cannot tell you.  Since part of the justification for diversification is that you don't necessarily have all of your value in one thing, and I am not even suggesting that diversification is a good or necessary thing until maybe you start to get to the point that you have more than a year's income/expenses in bitcoin.

Sure, there are going to be some people who decide only to invest in bitcoin and cash an to maintain a bit of a narrow set of assets, but that surely could end up getting them in trouble if something ends up happening to bitcoin.

So  yeah, you are investing money into bitcoin that you don't need for 4-10 years... but you are expecting bitcoin to still be alive and well in those later times after you had invested so much into it, and surely I can understand that, and I cannot exactly tell you what to do, except for just say that bitcoin is not guaranteed, and if you are not protecting yourself, then no one is going to bail you out... so you have to figure out some kind of ways that you are happy with the level of balancing that you are doing regarding what kinds of things that you have besides bitcoin, and if bitcoin is the ONLY thing that you have, then you might be in a situation in which you are not diversified enough.. and no one can tell you what other things to invest into, whether it is property, stocks, bonds, cash equivalents, commodities or whatever (and surely I am not suggesting shitcoins at all, but some folks might keep some value in shitcoins - hopefully not more than a few percentage, but there is no way to stop people from coming to conclusions about what they are able to do based on what kinds of resources they have).

Maybe you don't even really need to be thinking too much about diversification in the first 4-10 years of your bitcoin investment, and there surely are some rich folks who likely are not diversified enough, but that is how they live.  There is a famous quote from Warren Buffet in which he says that you gain your wealth through concentration, yet you preserve your wealth through diversification.

I have not updated my own chart that describes wealth distribution recently (since it was last updated in mid-2022), but even though I have a lot of value in bitcoin, I started out with enough wealth in other kinds of assets that they would be able to support me, so even though my bitcoin has become greater than 80% of all of my other holdings, the other 20% of everything else could support me if bitcoin were to go to zero.

So, no one can tell you what to do or how to do it, but hopefully as you invest and you grow your investments and you learn along the way, your own portfolio and your decisions along the way will inform you about how to make those kinds of distribution, allocation and/or redistribution and/or reallocation decisions.

IMO sticking with bitcoin is better cause at the end of the day not everyone can afford a well diversified portfolio and what would be the need of having so little in every asset, how can anyone get rich from doing that, I understand that diversification is a means to feel safe in case something happens to bitcoin, but for a poor person or someone not so rich that can't afford to build a well diversified portfolio along bitcoin that would of be a big distraction cause you have to divide what your giving to bitcoin to feed that asset and that would only be a distraction from the main goal which us to get rich and you need to have invested much to receive much and for a pooer person that can't afford diversification it woudl be better to just stick with bitcoin, concerning safety I believe that having cash around can be the best kind of safety practice anyone that can't afford a well diversified portfolio should have although some might argue that having some percentage in shitcoins might be a good idea which I disprove off cause you can't rely on a slippery slope as a defence if things go wrong. But yet everyone has the obligation to figure our what is best for them.

Generally nothing is guaranteed in life and also bitcoin, but yet its not as much a slippery slope as investing I shitcoins, so yeah It's good to have safety practice or think in terms of planning ahead for the worse, but thinking of diversifying to early might just be an illusion to confuse you, basically most persons invest in bitcoin cause they believe it can yield profits for them and the of way to prepare for such possibilities than to have a good stash in bitcoin and yeah they is also a probability that your investment might not yield returns for you, but if diversification is a means to rather protect wealth than to build wealth then its better to first gocus on building wealth than to get lost in protecting the little you have invested when you should more concerned about growing one asset first or having a good stake in one asset before jumping into another unless you are rich enough to handle investing in bitcoin and also diverfying in other assets at once.

PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
Razmirraz

Activity: 1274
Merit: 405

View Profile
April 25, 2024, 02:06:29 PM

Ive been hearing about situations where someone buys a coin for a certain rate and not quite long after,  the said coin drops in value, or  someone sells his coin for a certain rate and then it appreciates just after.
What's your take on this? Given the period we're in is it buy time or sell time?
This problem is so common, to this day no one can estimate the price of a coin with perfect accuracy. The movement of crypto assets is very volatile and not easy to analyze, it is very difficult to predict where it will go after you make a purchase.
You can do technical analysis and fundamental analysis before buying crypto assets, this method can help you see price developments over several days, weeks or months. You can predict the movement of the crypto assets you want to buy by studying historical price movements over a certain period of time. You can do this by choosing several crypto assets based on the same characteristics so that the money you use to invest is not wasted.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Aanuoluwatofunmi

Activity: 588
Merit: 409

View Profile
April 25, 2024, 04:09:56 PM

Funny enough I don't believe that anyone who holds his investment for less than 4 yours is a long term holder except on cases where the person was able to accumulate so much bitcoin in such a short amount of time and maybe was lauck to invest in a time like this(for those that started invest maybe mid last year or from last year).

Holding an investment withing a duration of a year to four is no longer what we should be seen as short term investment, we can even make the expected result within the first year of investing on bitcoin if we happen to fall under the right timing that after our investment, the market continues in bullrun on a sustained range, just as we have it from now, if someone is investing now and could be able to hold till this time next year, there is high probability of making more profits over his investments because of the post halving bullrun experience.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Tmoonz

View Profile
April 25, 2024, 05:52:20 PM

Ive been hearing about situations where someone buys a coin for a certain rate and not quite long after,  the said coin drops in value, or  someone sells his coin for a certain rate and then it appreciates just after.
What's your take on this? Given the period we're in is it buy time or sell time?
This problem is so common, to this day no one can estimate the price of a coin with perfect accuracy. The movement of crypto assets is very volatile and not easy to analyze, it is very difficult to predict where it will go after you make a purchase.
You can do technical analysis and fundamental analysis before buying crypto assets, this method can help you see price developments over several days, weeks or months. You can predict the movement of the crypto assets you want to buy by studying historical price movements over a certain period of time. You can do this by choosing several crypto assets based on the same characteristics so that the money you use to invest is not wasted.

Bitcoin is the lead  Coin and i frawn at your narratives by not even mentioning it of which it is the context where  this thread is lead upon from the (op) but rather you emphasis on using the term crpto which does seem to be talking about Bitcoin to this regards. Yeah specifications should be made when using the term crpto in terms of describing Bitcoin and other coins, Bitcoin is a special coin that is far better than any other coins and it is very wrong generalizing their functionalities with the use of the word crypto. However, volatility is not a problem for those who  knows the potential Bitcoin holds when view long term perspective, the reason why it is always advisable to buy and hold, with your dca strategy you mitigates the short term price fluctuations by making purchases on different intervals irrespective of the price either weekly or monthly according to your financial situation. Furthermore, it is not necessary that one must do or have a technical knowledge or analysis before buying Bitcoin rather what is most important is having a basic knowledge while you learn more other things on your way up, I will also like to add that no one can predict the market but we can only speculate and It is good to know that the historical performance is not a guarantee of the future but rather it can only be a quide.

Fuck the use of the term crpto in terms of Bitcoin and other coins.
Think Bitcoin, think holding, think long term, don't sell until you have a sizeable worth of Bitcoin up to a meaningful amount.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: