Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:52:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (Unofficial) [ANN] Litecoin [LTC] to X11 algorithm hardfork  (Read 68439 times)
tz

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:59:19 PM

Democracy on Litecointalk.org? Lock the topic when unwanted voices are heard:

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=18166.135

There were other topics opened, discussing the same problem.

This is your post:

We, a team of Litecoin supporters and developers, are not satisfied with the current development of LTC.

You are a liar. You are A team of (?) .
Team of Litecoin developers and supporters already gave us their point of view on ASICs and hardfork, well thought through and well argumented. Anyone can and should read it here: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=18166.0

This way we like to keep it decentralized, so no large ASIC manufacturers like KnCMiner, Gridseed or Alpha-T can takeover the network when Scrypt ASICS come widely available.

To lower the footprint of LTC and retain GPU mineability, the algorithm of our choice is X11.

We would like to hear from the Litecoin community if other changes, like to the difficulty algorithm, are preferred too.

And this are your "arguments".

Noone knows who you are, what is your background, your true intentions, your programming knowledge, basicly nothing. How you, a team of supporters and developers, intend to support LTC in the future and are u up to the task  (we know current DEV team is as they proved themselfs )? You may as well be random guy who never vrote one line of code in his life.

And funny thing is, there are still idiots out there willing to support you, despite all of that. I would say good reflections of what kind of people stand behind you.

And do votes really reflect LTC (and by LTC i dont mean GPU) community opinion?

I think for majority of community its no brainer (those that are not braindead) who to support, you or current dev team.

I smell retard.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sin242

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:01:15 PM

I haven't read through all the pages nor am i paticularly savvy as far as the technical workings of the different algos..  But has it been
suggested and is it possible to, instead of just forking off into x11 (or w/e algo), to go multi-algo ala myriadcoin?

Dark:  Xk9BoVerBd41JCjWQEhnxoowP7YNUK439z
BTC:  1JzPN2h8WGSi7kQeY5wuP4PjVD2hxkHJQM
dragonhunter

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:04:33 PM

Democracy on Litecointalk.org? Lock the topic when unwanted voices are heard:

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=18166.135

There were other topics opened, discussing the same problem.

This is your post:

We, a team of Litecoin supporters and developers, are not satisfied with the current development of LTC.

You are a liar. You are A team of (?) .
Team of Litecoin developers and supporters already gave us their point of view on ASICs and hardfork, well thought through and well argumented. Anyone can and should read it here: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=18166.0

This way we like to keep it decentralized, so no large ASIC manufacturers like KnCMiner, Gridseed or Alpha-T can takeover the network when Scrypt ASICS come widely available.

To lower the footprint of LTC and retain GPU mineability, the algorithm of our choice is X11.

We would like to hear from the Litecoin community if other changes, like to the difficulty algorithm, are preferred too.

And this are your "arguments".

Noone knows who you are, what is your background, your true intentions, your programming knowledge, basicly nothing. How you, a team of supporters and developers, intend to support LTC in the future and are u up to the task  (we know current DEV team is as they proved themselfs )? You may as well be random guy who never vrote one line of code in his life.

And funny thing is, there are still idiots out there willing to support you, despite all of that. I would say good reflections of what kind of people stand behind you.

And do votes really reflect LTC (and by LTC i dont mean GPU) community opinion?

I think for majority of community its no brainer (those that are not braindead) who to support, you or current dev team.

I smell retard.

Yourself, i'd say.
tz

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:13:08 PM

I haven't read through all the pages nor am i paticularly savvy as far as the technical workings of the different algos..  But has it been
suggested and is it possible to, instead of just forking off into x11 (or w/e algo), to go multi-algo ala myriadcoin?

It doesn't matter what algo switches to as long as there are no ASICs for that algo. As I previously mentioned, ASICs will destroy Litecoin. Do not believe the retards that tell you otherwise. The have Scrypt ASICs pre-ordered and are currently shitting their pants.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  All
  Print  

Jump to: