Bitcoin Forum
October 14, 2024, 08:33:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How it everyone feeling during this altcoin crash?  (Read 2292 times)
hamba laeh

Activity: 799
Merit: 100

Reward: 10M Shen (Approx. 5000 BNB) Bounty

View Profile
September 08, 2024, 12:26:40 PM

My altcoin portfolio was +83% on the 9th June but is now +51% just 9 days later.

I am buying some dips but mainly just holding during these times and hoping we recover in the coming weeks.

When will this crash stop? and how is everyone feeling?

I have it in my mind we still have a few more months till alt season so I am just holding on for now.

In my opinion, the increase and decrease in prices that occur is a normal condition that occurs in the exchange market. because cryptocurrencies have quite high fluctuations so that rising and falling asset values ​​are very normal for traders who have a good mentality. and never panic when faced with conditions that occur in the market. because mentality is very necessary for every crypto trader.

JamesDaniel90 (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 30

View Profile
September 09, 2024, 09:09:34 AM

I am surprised to see we have actually had a better few days over the weekend and my portfolio is back to +5%.

I am not buying anything at the moment as i am still expecting one more drop down to $50k in the next week or two and when that happens that is when i will buy more.

I am just counting down each day now and once September is done we can hopefully have a great end to 2024.
rodskee

Activity: 2520
Merit: 204

OrangeFren.com

View Profile
September 09, 2024, 09:45:14 AM

My altcoin portfolio was +83% on the 9th June but is now +51% just 9 days later.

I am buying some dips but mainly just holding during these times and hoping we recover in the coming weeks.

When will this crash stop? and how is everyone feeling?

I have it in my mind we still have a few more months till alt season so I am just holding on for now.
altcoin will always fall  in the manner how the market act  . and when this will stop ? then this is the question no one will ever answer correctly .
am sure what the market is showing now is what the moment investors are looking  .

I am surprised to see we have actually had a better few days over the weekend and my portfolio is back to +5%.

I am not buying anything at the moment as i am still expecting one more drop down to $50k in the next week or two and when that happens that is when i will buy more.

I am just counting down each day now and once September is done we can hopefully have a great end to 2024.
don't just trust what you are seeing but what will happen in the long run .

████████████████████                                                    OrangeFren.com                                                ████████████████████
instant KYC-free exchange comparison
████████████████████     Clearnet and onion available #kycfree + (prepaid Visa & Mastercard)     ████████████████████
JamesDaniel90 (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2024, 05:21:38 PM

Another week gone since my last post on this thread and my portfolio is almost back down to break even again currently it’s at +3%. 

I am currently on holiday and hardly thought about crypto which has been nice distraction but just checked and see we are currently going through a bit of a dip, is this the start of the crash down to $50k again??

At least we are only 2 weeks away from October now so whatever happens I am just holding knowing that things will likely be a lot better once October arrives.
rhodelmabanal

Activity: 1251
Merit: 103

Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards

View Profile
September 16, 2024, 08:52:28 PM

Expert feel happy because they can buy more and hold  why newbie is become sad because they saw thier investment fall,the reason why expert earn is the newbie when they sell at loss expert are buying the coins and hold till bull market come. This is the reason why expert earn a lot during bull season they buy coins at the discounted price and sell at the high price.

████████ ████████   B U Z Z   ████████ ████████
Buzzing with Fortune, Sweetening Your Day in Web3
Whitepaper  |  Bot  |  Mini-App  |  X  |  News  |  Channel
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1117

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2024, 11:42:32 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2024, 12:00:58 AM by markm

That sounds right, but also if your offers are not already piled up waiting for those moments to happen you can often miss them, especially if you have to wait X number of blocks confirmation for the exchange to admit your coins arrived, more-especially if you have to fire up your node and let it catch up to the blockchain before you can send, and worse yet if you have a "day job", only hear about a price movement sneaking a quick look at the markets between tasks, and have to wait until you get home to even fire up your node. Even then be glad you don't like some folk have to wait for the weekend to even think about how your coins are doing.

Even back in the good old days when every third, oh wait maybe it was every second, hmm not sure maybe 2/3rds of is more like it (Huh) exchange flew by night or played the "we got hacked" exit strategy - every other week was it? - the profits were so huge that in very short order everything one sent to an exchange was already just partial profits from a previous exchange before it flew away or blew up; so despite all the warnings to amateurs stressing never leave your coins on an exchange and not your keys not your coins nonetheless stacking columns of buy and sell offers upward and downward from the "spread" was the cash cow strategy, with the buy side at least twice as dense as the sell side for those coins one was (literally) supporting. Heck more than twice as dense approaching zero since as the lowest price the order book can take approaches the rate of "dumping" tends to accelerate.

The dumps and skyrockets are the fast profits, you profit on both sides, all sells are buys of the other side, all buys are sells of the other side, profit both ways.

Nowadays although everyone still goes on about "volatility" its like nothing, slow, slow, compared to the old days.

But slow too it seems are the flights by night, the we got hacked exit strategies?

Or am I just far more cautious about trying new exchanges being as how the very few I still use have been around for year after year after year and the supply of new ones to pick-and-choose so much larger nowadays?

Obviously this is for professionals, best no doubt to make that fact clear to amateurs, but it still seems to me, albeit with after all these years not only everything I have on exchanges but also probably pretty much everything I have at home, not to mention all the homes themselves oops I just did mention those didn't I, that this piling huge columns of buy and sell offers in both directions is still the way to go, albeit maybe nowadays the coins for which one needs, to be safe, to pile one's sell offers not only three times as high as one imagines the price will ever go but three times that again and even then sometimes wake up to find it skyrocketed off the top of your sell-offer column... are few and far between.

Heck nowadays there are some pairs on some exchanges where your 1 to 100 satoshis buy offers might never, it seems, ever, it almost seems, get dumped down to. Maybe even some where all the way up to 1000 satoshis or more. Heck even higher maybe. You might wish, anyway. But if some whale does get hacked and their bags on that exchange dumped by the hacker on way to hacker cashing out would you maybe even yet get surprised?

Pay no attention kids, heck even amateurs, pay no attention, ramblings of an old timer, move along, move along, no leaving your coins on exchanges kids, not your keys not your coins, take your time getting onto an exchange when prices spike, yeah thats the ticket, let me smooth that spike down for you before you get there...

-MarkM-

P.S. Professionals, note it is unprofessional not to take profits while anything left on the exchange is not already itself pure profit; just make the bottom of the buy side column of offers denser to accumulate and thin it back down toward twice as dense as your sell side column to take profit... hopefully before the exchange implodes, explodes, or "exits"...

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
JamesDaniel90 (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2024, 07:51:29 AM

Things are looking a lot better due to the rate cut news a few days ago but will it last? I hope so.

Bitcoin is just under $64k currently so would be very surprised if we go back down to around $50k again now like I thought we might have done at the beginning of September.

My portfolio is +10% overall currently so feel its in a good position before the market really turns bullish again.
JamesDaniel90 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2024, 09:19:48 AM

Another good week for the market which is nice to see but the question is can it last going into October?

October is usually a good month but it doesn't mean it will be.

I think I am done buying for now and will see how the next week or two is and then depending where we are may buy more.

My portfolio is now +16% which is still a long way off from where it was in March but it is going in the right direction at least.
FortuneFollower

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 27, 2024, 09:33:49 AM

Another good week for the market which is nice to see but the question is can it last going into October?

October is usually a good month but it doesn't mean it will be.

I think I am done buying for now and will see how the next week or two is and then depending where we are may buy more.

My portfolio is now +16% which is still a long way off from where it was in March but it is going in the right direction at least.

I hope you will succeed with your investments.
This week for me was good too though ETH didn't climb up to the point of the profit, all the other sides of the portfolio - feeling good.
ZETA is also just blowing up still, +40% from my entry point into it, thanks OKX for telling about it in the first place Grin
JamesDaniel90 (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2024, 06:41:16 PM

Almost 10 days since my last update and for the first time in a long time I’ve hardly thought about crypto this last week. I think I am getting tired of us getting close to taking off and then something in the news setting us back again, this time being the latest going on in Israel.

I still do think we will have a good end to 2024 but expecting at least another week of sideways and down action.

My portfolio is currently +6% so nothing exciting lately. Hopefully we just have another week or so then we can get moving towards Bitcoin all time high again.
Ekanayake90

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2024, 06:56:08 PM

Almost 10 days since my last update and for the first time in a long time I’ve hardly thought about crypto this last week. I think I am getting tired of us getting close to taking off and then something in the news setting us back again, this time being the latest going on in Israel.

I still do think we will have a good end to 2024 but expecting at least another week of sideways and down action.

My portfolio is currently +6% so nothing exciting lately. Hopefully we just have another week or so then we can get moving towards Bitcoin all time high again.

Even though many people say that this cycle is different, I believe otherwise. The only difference is BTC hitting an ATH before halving. I don't think it is a coincidence that we have two wars going on in Ukraine and Israel. They are the potential black swans in this cycle as I think. These two black swans are not done yet imo. Let me make a prediction. The market will be choppy and gloomy until the U.S elections. Trump then gets elected, and the markets will start to rally. These two wars will come to a conclusion with his involvement, possibly some peace deals between all parties and the markets will take off with full speed from there.
Forsyth Jones

Activity: 1316
Merit: 898

Duelbits - Play for Free | Win for Real

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2024, 09:30:14 PM

I'll tell the truth, the crypto market has been BORING this year. Bitcoin has been stagnant for almost 6 months. I don't remember if it took that long in the last halving. The rush for ETFs + halvings caused an exaggerated demand in the market, and now the market has cooled down. It's okay that with Bitcoin stagnant, it's great to make new entries and wait for future appreciation.

As for this war scenario, I believe that at first we always have panic, but in the first or second week the markets start to recover.

I'm not going to make entries to ATLs for derivatives until the market leaves this consolidation zone that Bitcoin is in. It's very risky, because whenever it threatens to rise a little, we end up falling. So the most sensible thing to do is wait for Bitcoin to stabilize above 65K, wait for a retest looking for a price base in this region and surpass 72K. Then we'll be sure of a continuation of the bullish rally.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
JamesDaniel90 (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2024, 01:17:14 PM

Thought I would post an update today as have been very patient the last year or so and there have rarely been days where I have felt my patience be tested but today I have been feeling it test me quite a lot. I’m getting bored of investing and seeing no returns , it’s been a while now.

But I do know that we are only a month or so away, maybe even just a few weeks of us starting another run like we saw earlier in the year so that is what keeps me focused.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  

Jump to: