Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:24:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [KSC] KASHMIRCOIN - MANDATORY UPDATE! - - - "BURIED" POW - cWallet - 50% POS  (Read 123057 times)
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:27:09 AM

(Once a month)
You go into your Qt and make a new address and send all your coins to yourself
Depending on how many "transactions" you have, you might have to send it to yourself in 2,3,4,5 etc chunks but if your doing this regularly you can do it all at once.
You can send it to the same address to consolidate - no biggy - multiple addresses not required
I do it for all my POS coins, once a month or so

(Once a year)
Also - once a year, you should shut-down/exit the Qt
Go into %appdata% and rename your wallet.dat file to walletOLD.dat
Restart the Qt and it will make a new wallet.dat file
Make a new address and copy it so you can send all your POS coins to this new address in the new wallet.dat [file]
Shut-down/exit the Qt
Go into %appdata% and rename this new wallet.dat file to walletNEW.dat
Rename the walletOLD.dat file to wallet.dat
Restart the Qt
Now send ALL your POS coins to this new address that you just created.
Once this wallet is empty, Shut-down/exit the Qt
Go into %appdata% and rename this wallet.dat file to walletOLD.dat
Rename the walletNEW.dat file to wallet.dat
Restart the Qt and you'll see all your coins now in the wallet :-)
DONE

You should never delete the old wallet.dat files, just-in-case you have a few addresses still in the wild that somebody might try to use/send coins to you.
You should open these old wallets once a year and check them for any coins

The reason you have to do all of this is because any Qt does not like to get really full. It can lag and in really really full Qt's with a LOT of addresses, it can crash, making the wallet.dat file unstable and even possibly unusable. Better safe than sorry.

If some thing here is unclear - feel free to ask :-)

Nah, that's great info man.....thanks for sharing!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 01:01:00 AM

KSC has a 3 coin send limitation correct?
IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 01:42:30 AM

This was SwissCex that told me this, I had purchased a little over 6 KSC a while back I was trying to withdrawal and was having difficulties.  They said they had to split the withdrawal into 3 pieces as the wallet wouldn't allow sending more than 3 at a time.  I have not verified this myself though and don't know it to be a fact.
IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 02:27:12 AM

This was SwissCex that told me this, I had purchased a little over 6 KSC a while back I was trying to withdrawal and was having difficulties.  They said they had to split the withdrawal into 3 pieces as the wallet wouldn't allow sending more than 3 at a time.  I have not verified this myself though and don't know it to be a fact.

Did they actually send it to you in a timely manner?
Or
Did they spread it out over time?

no, they were back to back
manson54

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 02:41:58 AM

(Once a month)
Depending on how many "transactions" you have, you might have to send it to yourself in 2,3,4,5 etc chunks but if your doing this regularly you can do it all at once.
You can send it to the same address to consolidate - no biggy - multiple addresses not required

(Once a year)
Make a new address and copy it so you can send all your POS coins to this new address in the new wallet.dat [file]
Shut-down/exit the Qt
Restart the Qt
DONE

You should never delete the old wallet.dat files, just-in-case you have a few addresses still in the wild that somebody might try to use/send coins to you.

The reason you have to do all of this is because any Qt does not like to get really full. It can lag and in really really full Qt's with a LOT of addresses, it can crash, making the wallet.dat file unstable and even possibly unusable. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks for that guide. Id like to add some more: one "transaction" in your wallet = one generated block. So if you have  1 transaction in your wallet with 70 KSC, your coin would generate 1 POS block and you'll have to wait 7 hours to genarate stake again. But if you split your coin into 700 transactions (0.1 KSC each), you will get the same reward, but you'll have enough transactions in your wallet to support the network for all 24 hours.
You can see all your transactions in "Coin control" menu.

I see that this is another thing we must change. User dont have to do all that things manually, it's too complicated. We will do something to this in the next releases.
manson54

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 02:46:24 AM

Did they actually send it to you in a timely manner?
Or
Did they spread it out over time?

no, they were back to back

Hello!

KSC has no such limitation, you can send any amount up to 1001 coins
manson54

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 06:38:39 PM

(Once a month)

(Once a year)
Shut-down/exit the Qt
Restart the Qt
DONE

Thanks for that guide. Id like to add some more: one "transaction" in your wallet = one generated block. So if you have  1 transaction in your wallet with 70 KSC, your coin would generate 1 POS block and you'll have to wait 7 hours to genarate stake again. But if you split your coin into 700 transactions (0.1 KSC each), you will get the same reward, but you'll have enough transactions in your wallet to support the network for all 24 hours.
You can see all your transactions in "Coin control" menu.

I see that this is another thing we must change. User dont have to do all that things manually, it's too complicated. We will do something to this in the next releases.

You might want look into coin-control
Mine only shows dust
and I can't control all of my coins - can't even see all of my coins

Should I - create a new wallet.dat? and move all coins?
Was there a new protocol version or wallet version??

Something is not reading right....

Hit back...

Youre right about creating new wallet.dat once a year.
Coin-control shows you all your spendable transactions (total balance - uncomfired - immature/blocked for staking = spendable), not only dust.
You can check one transaction as input (with 1 KSC, for example) then close coin-control, create 5 addresses and send 0,2 KSC at each (add every new address using "Add Recipient" button). This way you split one transaction in 5.
You don't have to create new wallet.dat for this.
manson54

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 06:57:59 PM

Guys, did you notice the update in your wallets? install the new release from "News/Info" page.
1.1 Changes:

1. Animated browser icons
2. Checkpoint system fine-tuning Smiley
3. Minor GUI improvements.

Update please!
IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 07:43:51 PM

Manson.....you say upgrade to 1.1 in news tab, in my news tab it shows my current wallet version as being the latest 1.08?
manson54

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 08:54:15 PM

Manson.....you say upgrade to 1.1 in news tab, in my news tab it shows my current wallet version as being the latest 1.08?

Try pressing "Refresh" button Wink
IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 09:33:51 PM

HA!  Silly me, upgrading now:-)

Thanks bud!

Suggestion though....perhaps have this info refresh as well when one clicks on the news tab.
manson54

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 10:36:47 PM

HA!  Silly me, upgrading now:-)

Thanks bud!

Suggestion though....perhaps have this info refresh as well when one clicks on the news tab.

Youre welcome Wink
IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 11:29:34 PM

Well that upgrade didn't go so smooth for me this time, but all is cool now.

Ran the upgrade, downloaded from wallet then closed wallet and ran the update file, told it not to import the blockchain since I was synced before the upgrade.  Upon restarting the wallet, it got stuck on scanning the blockchain I think it was.....waited a few minutes before I closed it to reopen, then it came up with corrupted wallet.dat, unable to salvage.  It created a .bak and new wallet.dat file.......I let it download fully at this point.

Once done I restored a backup of my wallet file, it came right up but was missing the stakes from the last 2 days.  It of course immediately made up for this right after unlocking, but I don't understand why this would have been lost as those transactions should have been stored in the blockchain.......well, I think anyways....no expert in this area.

Anyways, all is good now just thought I would share my experience.
manson54

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 11:55:11 PM

Well that upgrade didn't go so smooth for me this time, but all is cool now.

Ran the upgrade, downloaded from wallet then closed wallet and ran the update file, told it not to import the blockchain since I was synced before the upgrade.  Upon restarting the wallet, it got stuck on scanning the blockchain I think it was.....waited a few minutes before I closed it to reopen, then it came up with corrupted wallet.dat, unable to salvage.  It created a .bak and new wallet.dat file.......I let it download fully at this point.

Once done I restored a backup of my wallet file, it came right up but was missing the stakes from the last 2 days.  It of course immediately made up for this right after unlocking, but I don't understand why this would have been lost as those transactions should have been stored in the blockchain.......well, I think anyways....no expert in this area.

Anyways, all is good now just thought I would share my experience.

Thanks for the details!

Installer automatically rescans the wallet (without downloading blockchain) after every update, so if you gave it some time, it would open after rescanning. I recommend not to uncheck "import blockchain" because installer would do the backup of your wallet.dat while importing the blocks. I noticed low network weight today and thought that you were disconnected. But our nodes were at the same right chain, so I wonder which nodes you were connected to and why. Anyway we modified checkpoint system for more stability.

P.S. If won't have to run update anymore, now it runs automatically after you download it.
IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 12:41:41 AM

Cool man, will do it that way on the next update.  Thanks for the info!
manson54

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 05:05:11 AM

Can somebody post the update here.

My virus scanner won't allow that page to be displayed within the wallet.
Unless somebody knows a fix for this issue

edit: nevermind I found the Github

https[Suspicious link removed]

So you don't see the browser inside the wallet? Your virus scanner wants to kill one of the best KSC features!

Can you post its name?
crocko

Activity: 826

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 08:47:04 AM

The last version is 1.0.8 or 1.1 ?

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
manson54

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 09:12:47 AM

The last version is 1.0.8 or 1.1 ?

testcoin

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 07:31:04 AM

Can somebody post the update here.

My virus scanner won't allow that page to be displayed within the wallet.
Unless somebody knows a fix for this issue

edit: nevermind I found the Github

https[Suspicious link removed]

So you don't see the browser inside the wallet? Your virus scanner wants to kill one of the best KSC features!

Can you post its name?

avast

edit: Anybody want to recommend a better virus scanner?

Sure. Use virustotal please. It also includes the latest virus definitions of your avast

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/37a75d093d0291d64a97122f506d7cf5e09b1695a5b4f7e890f4633c33af4d07/analysis/1416813901/

I use it before I need to start EVERY new wallet for EVERY altcoin
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 03:55:43 PM

omg! i missed so much
it's all so kool! bad thing i can't see it , my laptop is broken and is at service center since  a week , that's why i thought i must not look at this KSC thread but damn! man i want to use the new wallet ASAP
Great work Dev! Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: