Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:38:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New  (Read 161799 times)
vortal

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:25:27 AM

Sure, let me send all my hardearned BTC your way...

69.5BTC is not enough for the whole whatever-where-it-is people. The dev need more.
At least like the volume of AUR, right?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vortal

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:26:30 AM

How much is premined?
You can read it in OP.
Like other country/state coins, ONLY 50% premined.
Thanks god. We can have the other half.

JPGagnon (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 07:36:09 AM

most of which are indeed pure garbage. Québecoin isn't.

Come now.... you expect to fool anyone here saying that its not a shitcoin because its got darkwave and x11? So what? What are you bringing new to the table? You think people call a shitcoin a shitcoin because it uses scrypt and KGW? Its called a shitcoin because its diluting the market without any additional improvements to the existing infrastructure.

You would essentially have people mine for you to raise the coin's value, so you could slowly sell it off. You will have a little less than 21 million at hand, and even if you sell it at a puny 20 sats each, you get about 4.2 BTC. This is in addition to what you make with the IPO. Yes, making a shitcoin is quite a profitable venture, as long as there are fools to mine them and even greater fools cheering in the forums.

We have something great going here at the crypto world. Please (im actually requesting), please don't fuck it up by adding to the clusterfuck of coins already and pretend to do good for a nations. If you are intelligent enough to write code, then you definitely are informed enough to know that nonsense like "Quebec does not have a currency" is actually hogwash and means nothing and is the same as saying US does not have mangoes with a sad face.

It's really easy to spread hate and FUD like you're doing. I'll be the first to call a shitcoin a shitcoin if it is one. I have no intention of selling anything but the IPO part of the premine. The other part stays put for a while before being distributed. "Québec does not have (but should have) a currency" could sound like hogwash to you but it's really what I think and it actually makes a ton of sense from our perspective, even if you can't see it. I will actively promote it and get people excited about it here, it's for them. Mazacoin - Greececoin - Aphroditecoin - Spaincoin. They all seem like no one in the country actually even knows they exist. And they all have the same purpose, financial freedom for the entire country which is ridiculous on such a large scale and with only one tool. I don't even come close to promising that! I simply want there to be a Québec currency that we can use daily as another part of what makes us proud to live here.

I'm not promising eternal salvation or incredible riches for the population of Québec, just something more to call their own and facilitate transactions. Now in addition to that I'm offering X11 and DGW because I also thought about the miners of the coin. I love everything crypto and I'm clearly obsessed with it and I wanted my to creation offer the best things currently available. I mean what exactly do coins like dopecoin offer? You can call QBC a shit coin but

Québecoin - QBC [X11 - DarkGravityWave] Take a look! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0 - http://ww.qbc.io
zero3112

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:37:48 AM

How much is premined?
You can read it in OP.

That seems high does it not?

JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 07:43:30 AM

How much is premined?
You can read it in OP.

It's on par with other nation coins, the intended idea being that most of the coin stays inside the specific region. In actuality, only 0.55% of the total number of coins is going to be released from the premine.

One last thing - Québecoin is the best nation coin in existence on a technical level. The features are cutting edge and it will be a great coin to mine at release.

The maple syrup is really just an extra, I'm not in the maple business!

Keep in mind that the nation thing probably will work against you at this point. The market has become over-saturated and people are tired of seeing country coins.

Again, IPO + Nation coin = bad idea. At least in my opinion, anyway. As for the maple syrup, just suggested it, as... well, even if a scam, maybe people would like the maple syrup at cost.  Cheesy

Haha , I'll gladly ship some maple syrup (at cost) to a few people if they just want that, but I can't get into the international maple syrup delivery business. Other than that, it will still be the first 5 0.1BTC or more investors and every 1BTC or more investor.

Edit: I'm going to sleep a bit, I posted this thread a bit after midnight here and it's almost 4 AM now. I'll be back in the morning to open the IPO. Thanks to everyone who commented even if it was negative. Criticism is important, even if it's the cruel stab-you-in-your-heart-bitcointalk-hater kind.

Québecoin - QBC [X11 - DarkGravityWave] Take a look! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0 - http://ww.qbc.io

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:56:34 AM

X11 = Smiley
vortal

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:03:57 AM

How much is premined?
You can read it in OP.

Exactly no high for country/state coins.
You don't know their purpose.
All their purposes are holy great, but more or less the same: "To help **** people!"

ffmad
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 08:12:57 AM

don't like the IPO and the 50% premine

Quebec is a wealthy region, you can just give a few percent for people in québec to test but ... i don't see a real use

The aim of that kind of coin is to be used by people that want to show they are "Québecquois", so they will use this currency even without premine.

That's not the same as Auroracoin which is aimed at a small population with a money worth nothing.

Auroracoin is still the only "country coin" with a financial meaning.

Just release it without premine  Smiley

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀                  ▀████
███▀   ▄████████████▄   ▀███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    ████      ████    ███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    █████████████▀   ▄███
███    ████            ▄████
██    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
fparticlf█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀ ▀ ▀                    █
█                          █
█    ▀▀█▄                  █
█       █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█      █
█        █▄       ▄█▀      █
█         █▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀        █
█          █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █
█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█      █
█       █▀█      █▀█       █
█   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
█        ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄        █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.Infinite .
.Markets.
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ████  ████  ████  ████  █
.Public or..
.Private  ...
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█          ▄▄▄▄▄           █
█         █▀   ▀█          █
█        █▀     ▀█         █
█      ▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄       █
█       ▄▀▀▄   ▄▀▀▄        █
█       ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀        █
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
atleticofa

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:58:53 AM

Spanish translation done.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552772.
oinquer

Activity: 94

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:05:00 AM

Quebec is a wealthy region, you can just give a few percent for people in québec to test but ... i don't see a real use

The aim of that kind of coin is to be used by people that want to show they are "Québecquois", so they will use this currency even without premine.

That's not the same as Auroracoin which is aimed at a small population with a money worth nothing.

Release it without premine may be impossible for the dev.
The dev's purpose of coz is not to help the rich Quebecer, but help himself get rich.
How can he realise his purpose if without the heavy premine?
sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 09:08:01 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2014, 02:30:51 PM by sonysasankan

It's really easy to spread hate and FUD like you're doing.
Yup It really is.... just need to point out how the scam is going to unfold in a logical and probable way.

"Québec does not have (but should have) a currency" could sound like hogwash to you but it's really what I think and it actually makes a ton of sense from our perspective, even if you can't see it.
You care to elaborate on your perspective a bit there? Im all for universal principles as long as they consistent. You still haven't explained what the difference is between Quebecoin and the other country coins you mentioned, other than superficial things like algo, block time/rewards. Or let me put it this way.... If Greececoin hardforks next week and changes algo to x11 and implements DGW, would it be any different from quebecoin? Your justification that this shit is different is that you do not promise changing the nations and freedom etc but they do? So what? You would make less money if you claimed that, that's all. Doesnt chane the agenda. And who cares what your intentions are? Its your actions that matter... and your actions speak in that you have created another country coin with 50% premine, an IPO for a percentage of that and a promise to spread it to the people of Quebec in a fashion that you deem fit. Its not different. So stop pretending it is.

I will actively promote it and get people excited about it here, it's for them.
Really now? And if they ever go down the way of crypto, they would choose this and not Bitcoin because it has the word "Quebec" in it? Its going to be driven by blind patriotism? What is the incentive to adopt?

They all seem like no one in the country actually even knows they exist.
Does it make a difference if they did? Putting the word "China" in front of a product name does not make it a representation of the Chinese. Same goes with Spain and other countries I think.

I simply want there to be a Québec currency that we can use daily as another part of what makes us proud to live here.
What are you.... indoctrinated as a kid or something? How can you be proud of something you did not achieve? You cannot be "proud" of living in a geographic location any more that you can be proud of an iphone.

I mean what exactly do coins like dopecoin offer?
  • Some gambling venues with dopecoin as the currency.
  • An API for seed/accessories sellers online to enable accepting dope as currency, with a few of them already accepting them.
  • Android wallet to buy dopecoins using credit cards.
  • Promoted themselves well enough to gain media attention from Fox News, Huffington Post, and the likes
  • A long term goal of making dope the currency of exchange for the drug market.
  • To make that practical, a completely innovative coin mixing method to make a transaction almost untraceable.
  • And the best part - they have fun contests for miners where winners are offered free weed (or amazon gift cards to non smokers).

So ya.... for a coin that's like 40 days old, I think its ROCKING and what it is now is just the tip of the iceberg of its potential!!!

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:33:08 AM

I'm in. This is not an endorsement  Roll Eyes
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 03:17:33 PM

Yeah Québec is definitely not a poor region by any means (although there are a few places up north who have it rough), in this case the premine will help further adoption. I'm glad you realise they will use without the premine as well but there are always early and late adopters. Early adopters will come on their own and those who are more cautious or simply not aware yet will get some after that.

I'm still looking into the Japenese/Chinese translations another person posted (which looked like google translate) but yours is legit! Congratulations on claiming the first QBC bounty, atleticofa, you'll get 125 QBC at launch.

Release it without premine may be impossible for the dev.
The dev's purpose of coz is not to help the rich Quebecer, but help himself get rich.
How can he realise his purpose if without the heavy premine?

There's only a 0.5% of the total coins destined for the IPO, nothing a part from that helps me in any way. I can say it a thousand times in this thread and there willl always be someone who thinks the opposite. I get it, people have been burned by shitty devs and scammers. People like the Mazacoin developers are throwing out nationcoins every week and hoping to make some money. I already have a full time job which I'm taking a break from to work on QBC. The amount of time I get to spend full time on it is proportional to the liberty the IPO allows me. It's as simple as that for me. I'll be able to make sure it's a success and the people who allow me to work on it will in turn get rewarded by a well developed and valuable coin (that also happens to be great to mine).

It's really easy to spread hate and FUD like you're doing.
Yup It really is.... just need to point out how the scam is going to unfold in a logical and probable way.

Once again, really easy to throw out words.

"Québec does not have (but should have) a currency" could sound like hogwash to you but it's really what I think and it actually makes a ton of sense from our perspective, even if you can't see it.
You care to elaborate on your perspective a bit there? Im all for universal principles as long as they consistent. You still haven't explained what the difference is between Quebecoin and the other country coins you mentioned, other than superficial things like algo, block time/rewards. Or let me put it this way.... If Greececoin hardforks next week and changes algo to x11 and implements DGW, would it be any different from quebecoin? Your justification that this shit is different is that you do not promise changing the nations and freedom etc but they do? So what? You would make less money if you claimed that, that's all. Doesnt chane the agenda. And who cares what your intentions are? Its your actions that matter... and your actions speak in that you have created another country coin with 50% premine, an IPO for a percentage of that and a promise to spread it to the people of Quebec in a fashion that you deem fit. Its not different. So stop pretending it is.

Québecoin has no urgent purpose when compared to the claims of the other country-coins like ending poverty. If greececoin actually changed to implement x11 and DGW I would wonder, wait is there a real dev behind this thing who wants it to really succeed? Right now it looks like a simple clone whose claims are a bit hard to believe. I've stated my purpose here, I want to make an amazing coin for us here in Québec, always adapt it to the latest and greatest and make sure it stays up to date. I think Auroracoin has a legit claim to their purpose, it's a small population and the perfect testbed for this kind of thing, but the others are pretending. I don't need to pretend, I stated my goals and if they're not enough for you, that's ok and you don't have to be involved.

I will actively promote it and get people excited about it here, it's for them.
Really now? And if they ever go down the way of crypto, they would choose this and not Bitcoin because it has the word "Quebec" in it? Its going to be driven by blind patriotism? What is the incentive to adopt?

Bitcoin has laid the groundwork for all of us and it's not going away. Québecoin has the word Québec in it but it's made by one of us and has our best interests at heart. I will always act in a manner which represents that state of mind. That really is the incentive, when I talk to my friends about it they get really excited and they will be amongst the miners and first people accepting QBC for transactions, bets between friends and lots of other things. That really gets to me.

They all seem like no one in the country actually even knows they exist.
Does it make a difference if they did? Putting the word "China" in front of a product name does not make it a representation of the Chinese. Same goes with Spain and other countries I think.

Well it Québec it sure does. This was made by a Québecer for other Québecers. I'm not even sure all country coins are made by people from there.

I simply want there to be a Québec currency that we can use daily as another part of what makes us proud to live here.
What are you.... indoctrinated as a kid or something? How can you be proud of something you did not achieve? You cannot be "proud" of living in a geographic location any more that you can be proud of an iphone.

This is the point where I know that I wasted too much time responding to you. People have a sense of national pride everywhere in the world and they always had. It's a normal thing to feel. You like to make over the top comparisons and metaphors to further your arguments but they really make no sense. 

I mean what exactly do coins like dopecoin offer?
  • Some gambling venues with dopecoin as the currency.
  • An API for seed/accessories sellers online to enable accepting dope as currency, with a few of them already accepting them.
  • Android wallet to buy dopecoins using credit cards.
  • Promoted themselves well enough to gain media attention from Fox News, Huffington Post, and the likes
  • A long term goal of making dope the currency of exchange for the drug market.
  • To make that practical, a completely innovative coin mixing method to make a transaction almost untraceable.
  • And the best part - they have fun contests for miners where winners are offered free weed (or amazon gift cards to non smokers).

So ya.... for a coin that's like 40 days old, I think its ROCKING and what it is now is just the tip of the iceberg of its potential!!!

Lots of coins have gambling venues, that's not a legit point. Anyone can accept cryptocurrencies, that's their purpose, not a legit point. Buying cryptocurrencies with a credit card is a surefire way of getting scammed by a chargeback, not a legit point. Every coin promotes themselves, not a legit point. Every coin wants to be adopted by a market in the long term, not a legit point. Fun contests are offered by many coins with prizes varying between coins, not a legit point.

So you basically have an innovative coin mixing method which isn't available yet, legit point. See how easy it is to take a point of view where none of these things have any value whatsoever? But now I'm exaggerating to illustrate my point, it's great that the Dopecoin developers have a lot of drive and a lot of goals, I wish them the best. And that's the attitude that's missing in cryptos currently, the desire for others to succeed as well yourself. I know it's not possible for everyone to succeed but those who work for it and offer products with real value deserve to survive in the end.

Awesome! I think?

X11 = Smiley

I'm glad you like it!

OK ! Now that all the comments have been responded to - Bitcointalk was down this morning so I couldn't announce the opening of the IPO period

THE QUÉBECOIN IPO IS OFFICIALLY OPEN

JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 08:26:12 PM

I'm very happy to announce the first investor in Québecoin for a total 0.1198 BTC - This was received by e-mail so I won't post any username or e-mail adress.

It has been posted on the Québecoin IPO page

https://blockchain.info/tx/e25e17d02621b7ab0e6844f9c5d17497cf8cc673f2e58bb23e96f3be6b0df2c9

There is a now single owner of 210 000 QBC , wow! Smiley

Plus since he is one of the first 5 people to invest over 0.1 BTC he'll be receiving a can of Québec maple syrup shipped to him anywhere in the world if he wants it! Very exciting!

sitefive

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:29:46 PM

Souns like yet another IPO Scam

JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 08:45:03 PM

At least I posted the 69.5 BTC GIF myself - take that! Took the bullet right out of your gun.

Painful Truth

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:50:48 PM

It is  Grin The admission of being in is.  Cheesy
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 09:01:59 PM

It is  Grin The admission of being in is.  Cheesy

I didn't know how to take it, confusing post ! But I guess MsCollec will be mining X11 QBC on release.

lordaccess

Activity: 69

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:07:44 PM

At least I posted the 69.5 BTC GIF myself - take that! Took the bullet right out of your gun.

Stackcoin scammers also posted the GIF by himself.
The difference is you posted it before you get the coins.
That's smart.
But for, it's too smart.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. BRz1SNnSs6bGkJkG4kvw5ADSin5dBat3Cx
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 09:19:07 PM

Stackcoin scammers also posted the GIF by himself.
The difference is you posted it before you get the coins.
That's smart.
But for, it's too smart.

Of course he posted it himself, that's where it comes from! He was the first guy to post it ever. I'm just trying to say I know how an IPO looks at first glance, but then you take a look at the good ones like Heavycoin. They got a ton of support and are now able to work on HVC as their main project, I think that's amazing.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: