Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:38:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New  (Read 161804 times)
JPGagnon (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 05:25:39 AM

I've updated the Québecoin IPO page with the latest info. As per usual, let me know if there are any mistakes.

Québecoin - QBC [X11 - DarkGravityWave] Take a look! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0 - http://ww.qbc.io
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ProgLord

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 05:40:11 AM

Même les Simpson te supporte mon ami  Grin
aws

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 08:31:40 AM

I'm sorry to interrupt you, Vermont, but Québec has the best maple syrup of all time.

GOOD NEWS!!!
I was in a walmart (in Vancouver BC) today, and they had this exact syrup, I got a can and will have it tomorrow at breakfast.
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 02:59:30 PM

Même les Simpson te supporte mon ami  Grin

I've never seen that episode!

GOOD NEWS!!!
I was in a walmart (in Vancouver BC) today, and they had this exact syrup, I got a can and will have it tomorrow at breakfast.

Awesome! Let us know if you liked it.

Do you accept interac as a method of payment  Huh

No that would be way too complicated, then I would have to buy you BTC for that money to keep the value of your investment stable during the IPO. If you have any altcoins that you can change for BTC that's probably the best way.

Shoutout to @devnullius on twitter for the dutch translation of the PRE-ANN. Looks great! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=558443

Québecoin - QBC [X11 - DarkGravityWave] Take a look! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0 - http://ww.qbc.io
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 04:20:50 PM

Ok, so twitter user @Devnullius who also promoted the Heavycoin PRE-ANN and analyzed it suggested that I show some proof of a running Québecoin Wallet. I created a quick gif to show it off. You will have to forgive the speed, I'm running a clean copy of Windows 8.1 inside a Virtual Machine for my compiling environment. (And my PC is shamefully outdated). There isn't any block source since I haven't mined any Mainnet coins since generating the genesis block and a second test node is not up, there's no problem with the wallet itself. Take a look!

I've made just a few simple changes to make the Québecoin-QT wallet more visually appealing. All buttons on top, the + and - signs are less shiny and a few others like the lock icon.

Apparently the "stackcoin" devs didn't show a working wallet while promising a very fancy one. So there, no fancy promises, just a cool looking, perfectly working regular wallet for an amazing coin!

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 04:47:49 PM

how and when will you allot the 49.45% pre-mine QBC?  
you choose x11 and DGW, that's good.
there are many country coins, if you can make a perfect allot which others do not have, QBC will be a perfect coin for sure.

Hey I just answered this question in the french forum so I'll paste it here and translate for you.

Nous allons construire un formulaire sur www.qbc.io pour réclamer sa part de QBC et faire de la promotion pour la première distribution. Nous pensons que le moyen idéal de distribuer le tout sera en passant par la carte d'assurance maladie de la RAMQ. La carte est unique et disponible seulement pour les gens résidant dans la province de Québec.  L'avantage avec les autres coins-pays c'est que nous avons 2 ans avant la première distribution officielle, ce qui nous laisse le temps de faire beaucoup de travail pour faire connaître le QBC et faire en sorte que les gens qui n'ont pas encore essayé puissent le faire. Entre temps nous allons pouvoir distribuer des QBC par des promotions radio ou internet par exemple en petit nombre et permettre une croissance naturelle.

Il faut noter que le nombre de coins que nous avons choisi est important. Si chaque personne dans la province de Québec réclamait sa part de QBC - Ils recevraient 0.525 QBC seulement à chaque distribution (5 distributions en 10 ans). Évidemment nous ne nous attendons pas à un aussi haut taux de participation mais si par contre 1/8 de la population (environ 1 million) participe - C'est un montant plus raisonnable de 4.2 QBC par personne. De plus, à chaque distribution le taux de participation risque de monter de manière significative et la valeur pourra grandir en même temps ce qui veut dire qu'une plus petite part répresente un montant relativement similaire.

Auroracoin est un des seuls où la distribution rapide peut faire du sens car ils sont très peu nombreux. Et même là ils ont subi une chute très rapide de la valeur. Regardez le Greececoin (malgré que c'est probablement un scam) (11.28 millions de personne) et le Spaincoin (47.27 millions de personnes). Ils établissent des objectifs irréalistes pour la distribution et leur population est plus nombreuse que la notre. Je doute que 1% de la population connaisse l'existence de leur crypto-monnaie. On parle ici de changer ou proposer une alternative à la monnaie nationale, ce n'est pas quelque chose qui se fait en un mois ou deux, c'est une question d'années et d'adoption graduelle.

We're going to build a page on www.qbc.io where everyone can claim their share of QBC and we'll do a lot of promotion for the first distribution. We think the ideal way of distributing everything will be by using the health insurance card by the RAMQ (the government organization which takes care of health insurance). The card has a unique number and is available only for residents of Québec. The advantage compared to other country-coins is that we have 2 years before the first official distribution, which leaves us a lot of time to put in the work necessary to make sure everyone knows about QBC and that those who haven't tried it yet can get some as well. In the mean time we're gonna distribute smaller amounts of QBC through things like radio or internet promotions and allow a more natural growth.

You have to note that the number of coins we've chosen is important. If every person in Québec (8 million) asked for their part of QBC - they'd receive 0.525 QBC only at each distribution (5 distributions in 10 years). Evidently we won't have such a high participation rate but if we manage to get even only 1/8 of the population (1 million) to participate, it will be a more reasonable amount of 4.2 QBC per person. Additionally, at every subsequent distribution the participation rate will rise in a significant manner and the value of each coin can rise at the same time which means that a smaller number of coins will represent a relatively similar amount.

Auroracoin is one of the the only ones in which a rapid distribution makes sense since they are so few (approx 330 000). And even then they still experienced a rapid drop in value. Look at Greececoin (even though it's most likely a scam) (11.28 million people) and Spaincoin (47.27 million people). They establish unrealistic objectives for their distribution with a population that's a lot larger than us. I doubt that even 1% of people knows about the existence of their cryptocurrency. We're talking here about changing or proposing an alternative to the national currency, that's not something you can do within a month or two, it's a question of years and gradual adoption.

This part I didn't write in the french section but I just remembered, the same shady devs as greececoin are making 'mandarincoin' for China. That's 1.35 BILLION people spread out across an immensely wide and varied country. There's simply no way they are legit and if they were, they're simply crazy for even attempting it. China is clearly against cryptocurrencies right now and the sheer size of the population makes it unfeasible. Québec (and Canada) are very open about bitcoin and technology and Québec has a very united population. It's the perfect place to make something like this happen on a larger scale.

Good God...you actually have the knack of writing French that I can puzzle through. And I'm the kind of Anglo that sees "taux" and thinks "tax".  Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 04:54:52 PM

Good God...you actually have the knack of writing French that I can puzzle through. And I'm the kind of Anglo that sees "taux" and thinks "tax".  Smiley

Haha thanks I'll take that as a compliment. I think that it's very important to be able to master any language you intend to use. And anyways since someone (user "bithappy" or something like that) made a remark about speaking french in here I started translating all my responses and the questions that are in french.

anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:12:18 PM

Ok, so twitter user @Devnullius who also promoted the Heavycoin PRE-ANN and analyzed it suggested that I show some proof of a running Québecoin Wallet. I created a quick gif to show it off. You will have to forgive the speed, I'm running a clean copy of Windows 8.1 inside a Virtual Machine for my compiling environment. (And my PC is shamefully outdated). There isn't any block source since I haven't mined any Mainnet coins since generating the genesis block and a second test node is not up, there's no problem with the wallet itself. Take a look!

I've made just a few simple changes to make the Québecoin-QT wallet more visually appealing. All buttons on top, the + and - signs are less shiny and a few others like the lock icon.

Apparently the "stackcoin" devs didn't show a working wallet while promising a very fancy one. So there, no fancy promises, just a cool looking, perfectly working regular wallet for an amazing coin!

Ok, I'll give you a big endorsement. If you can collabarate with brunic to make sure the premined coins are safe that will be even better. But so far you've shown yourself to be trustworthy and I think QBC can be big. I hold over 6000 Darkcoin (99% cold storage, don't even try it hackers) and now QBC will be my second biggest investment. I don't say that lightly.

Edit: don't forget to add that to my smaller initial investment.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 05:31:30 PM

Ok, I'll give you a big endorsement. If you can collabarate with brunic to make sure the premined coins are safe that will be even better. But so far you've shown yourself to be trustworthy and I think QBC can be big. I hold over 6000 Darkcoin (99% cold storage, don't even try it hackers) and now QBC will be my second biggest investment. I don't say that lightly.

Edit: don't forget to add that to my smaller initial investment.

That is absolutely amazing, I'm really happy that you're so enthusiastic about QBC. You're now the biggest shareholder and I'll be updating the IPO page in a minute. You're still only getting 1 can of maple syrup though.

JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 05:55:28 PM

Ok I've updated the IPO page at www.qbc.io/ipo to the latest amounts. The distribution is still pretty good but with two heavier "whales" in control of most of the coins.

anonymousxx you now own a total of 44.740% of the IPO (93954 QBC) when I add both of your investments. Thanks a lot to everyone so far.

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 06:16:00 PM

Recent airdrops have shown miners, investors and airdrop receivers that the value of the coin tends to drop sharply when it is 'dropped'. The coin is basically a newborn and they put it in the streets where it's not ready to face the world. Québecoin will be the first country-coin with a delayed distribution period. We will distribute one fifth of the premine at every block reward halving (2 years), which means it will take place 5 times in 10 years. This allows QBC to grow naturally at a steady rate and be adopted by the population of Québec on a voluntary basis. This also means that miners and investors won't be facing artificial drops in value. We think it's a win-win all around.

I have a couple of airdrop questions, which may have been answered already and I missed it... so apologies if it's a repeat question.

Have you mentioned how you will actually do the airdrop? Some automated ID system/check type of system? Manually checking each ID (which I would think impossible)? Facebook/social media verification? Something else?

Having a 3rd party hold the premine would help a lot to assuage fears, but I definitely wouldn't trust anyone upon this site, hero members, even those in good standing, to be that 3rd party. The bank idea could work possibly, although there is no real way for anyone to verify the bank is holding the cold wallets (that I know of, anyway).

I do disagree with the payout rate, but that is of course your call. Will there be at least one initial small airdrop, before the 2 year delay, or is it nothing at all for 2 years? Slow distribution makes sense, but if too slow, you really run the risk of the coin dying before anyone gets it. Then the fears of a dumped premine become even greater. If it was me, I'd go with an initial airdrop, then 6 month intervals, until it's used up. If you plan 5 airdrops, that gets you to 2.5 years. You could also do more than 5 drops, and spread it out a bit more. Crypto time is like dog years ... 2.5 years is like 10+ years for most other things.

By doing some type of airdrop initially, you also help the coin in another way ... trust. People can then see you can actually pull of the drop, and gauge local interest in the coin. It also helps with news coverage, as it may not be quite as popular news-wise (or with people) to have a regional crypto giveaway that takes place 2 years from now.
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 06:39:08 PM

Recent airdrops have shown miners, investors and airdrop receivers that the value of the coin tends to drop sharply when it is 'dropped'. The coin is basically a newborn and they put it in the streets where it's not ready to face the world. Québecoin will be the first country-coin with a delayed distribution period. We will distribute one fifth of the premine at every block reward halving (2 years), which means it will take place 5 times in 10 years. This allows QBC to grow naturally at a steady rate and be adopted by the population of Québec on a voluntary basis. This also means that miners and investors won't be facing artificial drops in value. We think it's a win-win all around.

I have a couple of airdrop questions, which may have been answered already and I missed it... so apologies if it's a repeat question.

Have you mentioned how you will actually do the airdrop? Some automated ID system/check type of system? Manually checking each ID (which I would think impossible)? Facebook/social media verification? Something else?

Having a 3rd party hold the premine would help a lot to assuage fears, but I definitely wouldn't trust anyone upon this site, hero members, even those in good standing, to be that 3rd party. The bank idea could work possibly, although there is no real way for anyone to verify the bank is holding the cold wallets (that I know of, anyway).

I do disagree with the payout rate, but that is of course your call. Will there be at least one initial small airdrop, before the 2 year delay, or is it nothing at all for 2 years? Slow distribution makes sense, but if too slow, you really run the risk of the coin dying before anyone gets it. Then the fears of a dumped premine become even greater. If it was me, I'd go with an initial airdrop, then 6 month intervals, until it's used up. If you plan 5 airdrops, that gets you to 2.5 years. You could also do more than 5 drops, and spread it out a bit more. Crypto time is like dog years ... 2.5 years is like 10+ years for most other things.

By doing some type of airdrop initially, you also help the coin in another way ... trust. People can then see you can actually pull of the drop, and gauge local interest in the coin. It also helps with news coverage, as it may not be quite as popular news-wise (or with people) to have a regional crypto giveaway that takes place 2 years from now.

Yeah I've mentioned it already before. The ideal way is a combination of our health insurance card (RAMQ) which is only for residents of Québec and a form of social media like facebook. The info is not very sensitive and everyone has a unique number and mixed with facebook or other methods can be pretty fool proof as far as distribution goes. We'll build a section on the website for claiming the coins and try to automate it as much as possible.

For the 3rd party, I guess no one is 100% trustable but we can definitely create a way in which everyone involved knows the others don't hold a copy of the premine wallets in their possession. The bank holds it and gets instructions to not release it before a specific date, the trustees on the other hand hold the passwords. All of this is already more than what ALL other nation coins do. Every other dev has control of the premine wallets. There's already been one case of fraud with Aphroditecoin and that's why I'm so motivated to make sure people feel safe. These badly made clone nation coins have given us all a bad reputation and now I have to fight harder to provide integrity.

Like I said before there will definitely be a small initial distribution to select groups of early adopters in Québec. It won't be a significant amount but enough to play around with the concept. Additionally any coins I mine in the beginning will be 100% donated. Most people here are really thinking too much in the short term, yes crypto time is perceived as being dog years but in reality good things take time and I'm planning for the future where BTC is still around in ten years as the gold standard worth over 10 000$ per BTC (an example). There's no need to waste tons of coins in the beginning, 99% of people haven't heard about them and those who have get a ton of coins. The market gets flooded and miners lose interest when value goes down, investors are unhappy and the idea as a whole kind of fails since people associate monetary value to success in the crypto world.

The drop really isn't the hard part, it's getting people genuinely curious about it, enough to tell their friends. Which means that in 2 years when the first real airdrop happens (for 1/5 of the premine coins), there are already stores available which accept QBC and those who haven't gotten some already can get a share. In 2 years there will be approx 10 million mined coins and we will add 4.2 million to the market. That's a great ratio and if people actually have places to use them, they'll be less likely to dump them for bitcoin as they will with Auroracoin or Spaincoin or whatever.

poornamelessme

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 06:56:49 PM

Hmm... I'm not aware if health insurance numbers in Canada is sensitive info or not. I just know in the US, I probably wouldn't want to go around giving my health insurance number out. I'd expect to find myself with a dozen prescriptions charged to me, and weird doctor bills showing up.

The small distribution to select groups may help, but I still think a small distribution to everyone in Quebec would help more so. The thing is, the logical danger of a big airdrop all at once is that people cash them out. Yet if you go with a smallish amount to everyone, there isn't nearly as big a danger. And you get the benefits of more publicity and possibly quicker adoption. Give someone $100 worth of coins and they will cash out. Give someone $5-$10 worth of coins, and they probably just hold onto them, or consider how they can be used for something. 

Brunic

Activity: 632
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 07:54:56 PM

Hmm... I'm not aware if health insurance numbers in Canada is sensitive info or not. I just know in the US, I probably wouldn't want to go around giving my health insurance number out. I'd expect to find myself with a dozen prescriptions charged to me, and weird doctor bills showing up.

The small distribution to select groups may help, but I still think a small distribution to everyone in Quebec would help more so. The thing is, the logical danger of a big airdrop all at once is that people cash them out. Yet if you go with a smallish amount to everyone, there isn't nearly as big a danger. And you get the benefits of more publicity and possibly quicker adoption. Give someone $100 worth of coins and they will cash out. Give someone $5-$10 worth of coins, and they probably just hold onto them, or consider how they can be used for something. 

I can confirm that our health insurance card is commonly used for identification here in Québec. Honestly, I'm not really worried about identifying Quebecers.
poornamelessme

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 07:59:26 PM

I can confirm that our health insurance card is commonly used for identification here in Québec. Honestly, I'm not really worried about identifying Quebecers.

It might work then. And health insurance there is very different than in the US, so it may be much safer. Although I do wonder how the dev will know if a health insurance card number is valid or not.
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 08:10:20 PM

Yes like Brunic just mentioned, RAMQ health insurance cards are used for identification. The reason why we're not worried is because health insurance is free for everyone and universal. No one will be 'charging' anything to your card since the card is just proof of residence basically. All extra costs are out of pocket except if you habe additional insurance provided by work and we won't have those numbers of course.

It might work then. And health insurance there is very different than in the US, so it may be much safer. Although I do wonder how the dev will know if a health insurance card number is valid or not.

I just can't justify doing an airdrop to everyone in Québec right away. If 0.1% of all Québecers have heard about QBC in two or three months that's already a big step. I don't think 0.1% of people in Spain know about SpainCoin, and yet they're still doing an airdrop right away. It's a waste of coins and an insult to miners and investors, those are the people you have to think about in the beginning, they are the initial driving force behind your coin. Auroracoin was abandoned by miners pretty quickly after their incredible crash and that resulted in an attack on the network as well. We'll start with small giveaways in major cities like Montréal and Québec City for example and then spread from there. People are way too short sighted about cryptos right now and I'm thinking long term.

Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 08:11:29 PM

I'll have the initial master wallet with a bit less than 21 000 000 QBC. We can split that up into 5 different wallets, encrypted, backed up to two forms of physical media. A bank in Montréal acts as a trusted third party and doesn't allow access to the vault before a certain moment in time. Fool proof method + the fact that I actually would never dream of touching the premine for illegitimate reasons should be good enough for anyone.

It would be better that we have zero premine. When the coin is launched and mined, a percentage of the coins will be sent to the 5 different wallets you mentioned. As the distribution, payment to development are long term processes, not a large amount of coins are required on day 1.

Not all the premined coins will be lost in one go if the wallets are breached. This will also prevent a large dump of coins soon after the launch by the claimant. If there is not enough mined coins, then the claimants will have to wait for the coins to be available.

The slow release of the coins is beneficial to the long term health of the coin.

However, this process will give the developers less control of the coins, they may not like it.
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 08:26:18 PM

I'll have the initial master wallet with a bit less than 21 000 000 QBC. We can split that up into 5 different wallets, encrypted, backed up to two forms of physical media. A bank in Montréal acts as a trusted third party and doesn't allow access to the vault before a certain moment in time. Fool proof method + the fact that I actually would never dream of touching the premine for illegitimate reasons should be good enough for anyone.

It would be better that we have zero premine. When the coin is launched and mined, a percentage of the coins will be sent to the 5 different wallets you mentioned. As the distribution, payment to development are long term processes, not a large amount of coins are required on day 1.

Not all the premined coins will be lost in one go if the wallets are breached. This will also prevent a large dump of coins soon after the launch by the claimant. If there is not enough mined coins, then the claimants will have to wait for the coins to be available.

The slow release of the coins is beneficial to the long term health of the coin.

However, this process will give the developers less control of the coins, they may not like it.

If you read through this thread you'll see that a slow release is exactly what's planned. I'm the dev and I have no problem with giving up control of the premined coins so that they can't be spent or stolen. I'm the first one who suggested it actually. The coins will stored in a bank vault and not touched until the first airdrop period. QBC will stay rare and valuable except for a few smaller scale giveaways as a promotional tools. The premine is here to stay though as I intend that most of the coins actually stay within Québec, for Québecers.

edit: Also I think you were suggesting taking a percentage from miners instead of a premine but that's really equivalent to having a premine anyway but with way more complications.

JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 08:30:01 PM

Québecoin (After 4 Days)

Current IPO status : 9 Investors own 210 000 QBC (100% of all IPO coins) - Total invested : 2.52123595
 BTC

QBC Summary - Proof of Work : X11 - Difficulty Adjustment : Dark Gravity Wave -  Total Coins : 42 Million - Block reward : 26 QBC - Block time : 2.5 Minutes

For all miners and investors - QBC will not be devalued artificially because of a fast production rate or quick airdrop. QBC generates about half of something like Vertcoin which means each coin will be retain value better and be worth more. We have a delayed distribution/airdrop with release in small giveaways as promotional tools initially and natural adoption by the people of Québec at the beginning. The market won't be diluted by premine coins

[/quote]

poornamelessme

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 08:30:08 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2014, 08:52:09 PM by poornamelessme

Although I wouldn't be worried about people stealing health insurance, since it is free, I was wondering more in regard to identity fraud there. Again, I am not sure how common it is for people to share their numbers or not. If it was like a social security number here in the US, it's certainly not something to freely give out. But if everyone just shares their numbers already, then it does seem safe.

Again though, how will you verify it's a real number? Or a real card?

And as far as the giveaway, I didn't mean the entire giveaway all at once, just a small amount, but to everyone in Quebec. Realistically only a small percentage would claim it anyway.

It's a bit of the chicken and egg thing... nobody knows about the coin, so it makes no sense to give it away at first. But by not giving it away, nobody knows about the coin...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: