Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:11:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New  (Read 161799 times)
jiosefjd

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:09:27 PM

will the IPO end on April 16th, regardless of how short it falls of achieving the intended amount of BTC?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Brunic

Activity: 632
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:08:42 PM

Lemay does it really cost that much to house stuff in a Canadian vault?!!? If so geesh that's crazy in the states its like a fraction of that Sad

I couldnt care less If JP moved the premine in a vault he or "two folks from a forum" have control over loll.

They'll need some serious contract, created by lawyers and notaries if they want "me" to take the protection seriously. This is the wildest of wild west my friends, human nature goes crazy at the smell of paper bills. I'd never invest more than a slight amount of time and money, even thought I can afford to lose it all, when I know someone(s) has the power to fuck me dry easily.

So far I love what JP has done, but I cringe every time he says "I have no plan to dump the pre-mime", or how ever he words it. We're all unpretictable, anybody can go insane tommorow.

To clarify some stuff.

I currently have no financial interests in QBC. I'm not participating in the IPO and I'm not mining it until the QBC are secured. I'm doing this because my interest is having a viable coin that I can mine in the future without worries. It's great that I can participate in its potential viability, so I'm doing it. I've been around Bitcoin and friends for 3 years now, I know what it is to be scammed and since then, I'm playing safe on everything I do.

I'm not going to rush the process, because when you rush things, you miss things. Doing it before the launch is impossible without doing an half-assed job. If you find this risky, don't invest more than you are willing to lose.

I heard people in Quebec are hostile toward English speakers, is that generally true?

You probably heard that in the crazy english newspaper we have in Québec. They serve like 8% of the population but somehow, they are the official news source for people outside Québec.

In reality, it's just that Québec speak French. Going to Québec is like going to France. For reasons I don't understand, some english people are offended that Québec is not english like Canada or USA. So they go in their newspaper and cry wolf.
decivox

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:35:58 PM

So is this coin dead now that the Liberals won a majority and the PQ suffered a miserable defeat?  There will be no Yes/No referendum coming in the foreseeable future.  Its really too bad though, I was hoping that my tax dollars would stop getting transferred to your broke province to pay for all of its social programs the rest of Canada doesn't get. I guess I can mine this coin for a bit and try to get some of my money back that your province has been stealing through Federal Equalisation Payments.

And as far as Quebec being recognized as a nation, that was a political play to gain the Conservatives some ground in your province.  Stephen Harper calling your province a nation inside Canada has no real meaning... he was just trying to get his party some seats.

First phrase could have been a real question - to which the answer is, Québecoin is politically neutral, we don't care about political parties.

The rest of what you wrote is useless hate. Good luck with your issues.

I apologize, I let my political side come out.

My personal views aside - the province has overwhelmingly just voted that they no longer care for separation.  What makes you think they will adopt an alternative to the Canadian dollar?  A separatist nation coin wont gain any traction in a province that is currently screaming for unity.

How do you plan to carry out the airdrop?  Will it be automated like AUR? Which piece of ID will you use?
YYmeans

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:44:23 PM

where will the IPO BTC be used for?
voting for big exchange or something else?

Brunic

Activity: 632

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 06:36:51 PM

So is this coin dead now that the Liberals won a majority and the PQ suffered a miserable defeat?  There will be no Yes/No referendum coming in the foreseeable future.  Its really too bad though, I was hoping that my tax dollars would stop getting transferred to your broke province to pay for all of its social programs the rest of Canada doesn't get. I guess I can mine this coin for a bit and try to get some of my money back that your province has been stealing through Federal Equalisation Payments.

And as far as Quebec being recognized as a nation, that was a political play to gain the Conservatives some ground in your province.  Stephen Harper calling your province a nation inside Canada has no real meaning... he was just trying to get his party some seats.

First phrase could have been a real question - to which the answer is, Québecoin is politically neutral, we don't care about political parties.

The rest of what you wrote is useless hate. Good luck with your issues.

My personal views aside - the province has overwhelmingly just voted that they no longer care for separation.  What makes you think they will adopt an alternative to the Canadian dollar?  A separatist nation coin wont gain any traction in a province that is currently screaming for unity.

How do you plan to carry out the airdrop?  Will it be automated like AUR? Which piece of ID will you use?

Don't want to get involved into politics here. Just want to say that Québec politics swing A LOT compared to Canadian or Americans standard. Misreading Québec politics is easy, especially for an outsider. Don't underestimate Quebecers pride for their nation.
JPGagnon (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 06:50:15 PM

I like X11,it is great,We all like it Smiley

That's why I chose it!

will the IPO end on April 16th, regardless of how short it falls of achieving the intended amount of BTC?

There's no intended amount really, there's an optimal amount. Currently we're a bit below 13 BTC, until 50 BTC this IPO is very profitable and between 50 BTC and 100 BTC there's a great spot where the distribution is really wide and there are no massive whales either, that means that everyone can profit without affecting the market negatively in a pronounced manner. No matter the amount of IPO on April 16th, I'm sticking to the original terms agreed upon by every investor. There's simply still room for a lot of people to make a great return.

Lemay does it really cost that much to house stuff in a Canadian vault?!!? If so geesh that's crazy in the states its like a fraction of that Sad

I couldnt care less If JP moved the premine in a vault he or "two folks from a forum" have control over loll.

They'll need some serious contract, created by lawyers and notaries if they want "me" to take the protection seriously. This is the wildest of wild west my friends, human nature goes crazy at the smell of paper bills. I'd never invest more than a slight amount of time and money, even thought I can afford to lose it all, when I know someone(s) has the power to fuck me dry easily.

So far I love what JP has done, but I cringe every time he says "I have no plan to dump the pre-mime", or how ever he words it. We're all unpretictable, anybody can go insane tommorow.

To clarify some stuff.

I currently have no financial interests in QBC. I'm not participating in the IPO and I'm not mining it until the QBC are secured. I'm doing this because my interest is having a viable coin that I can mine in the future without worries. It's great that I can participate in its potential viability, so I'm doing it. I've been around Bitcoin and friends for 3 years now, I know what it is to be scammed and since then, I'm playing safe on everything I do.

I'm not going to rush the process, because when you rush things, you miss things. Doing it before the launch is impossible without doing an half-assed job. If you find this risky, don't invest more than you are willing to lose.

I heard people in Quebec are hostile toward English speakers, is that generally true?

You probably heard that in the crazy english newspaper we have in Québec. They serve like 8% of the population but somehow, they are the official news source for people outside Québec.

In reality, it's just that Québec speak French. Going to Québec is like going to France. For reasons I don't understand, some english people are offended that Québec is not english like Canada or USA. So they go in their newspaper and cry wolf.

That's a great way to put it Brunic, we're making sure this coin will be great for mining for a long time and people can trust it without having to trust me necessarily. Always play it safe and always think for yourself before investing in anything.

No worries, I'm really open to everyone and I can't stand classifying people (or provinces) into categories. This is not a separatist nation coin. It's a nation coin for everyone in Québec, no matter what their political affiliations are, no matter their religion or their skin color. It's made for everyone who has made their Québec their home. It's a matter of pride, we have our language and our culture and I think having our currency is a great idea.

As for the airdrop you can read through a few longer posts I've made, It will use a mix of the RAMQ provincial health insurance card and social media accounts, there's 1/5 of the premine distributed every 2 years. In the meantime there will be smaller scale giveaways to targeted groups of interested people. I've written a lot throughout the thread, if you have the time go read my responses.

where will the IPO BTC be used for?
voting for big exchange or something else?

No, as I've stated before I'd never put in any money into paid voting for exchanges. I think having a few great exchanges is enough and when you have real value and they know it, they add you themselves. We already have Bittrex and my next objective will be Vault of Satoshi for a great Canadian exchange which would also give us CAD/QBC and USD/QBC. The IPO BTC are used to allow me to work on the project full time, as I've stated in the first post, there's no hidden agenda.

Don't want to get involved into politics here. Just want to say that Québec politics swing A LOT compared to Canadian or Americans standard. Misreading Québec politics is easy, especially for an outsider. Don't underestimate Quebecers pride for their nation.

Exactly. Plus Québecoin is really not about politics, it's a matter of national pride. That's why I think there's great success ahead.

Québecoin - QBC [X11 - DarkGravityWave] Take a look! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0 - http://ww.qbc.io
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:59:16 PM

Sort of. Quebec has the Language Police. For instance; store owners can be fined for including English in their signs and ads.

Funny. The rest of Canada is obliged to teach French in schools. It used to be a default subject in Grade 8 - not sure about nowadays. It is law that French be on all labels and official signage throughout Canada.

Double standard. Somewhat.

Decivox was a little blunt in his post but accurate for the most part. Not that we need to get political here.

The political and cultural scenerios only give this coin a stronger position in Quebec. The main reason I invested.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
decivox

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:52:21 PM

JPGagnon, does this coin have anything to do with you guys?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=567106.0

I am thinking not because they are very politically motivated (25% of premine going to PQ).  Just weird that I stumbled across this coin today and then see that ANN.
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 09:05:48 PM

Sort of. Quebec has the Language Police. For instance; store owners can be fined for including English in their signs and ads.

Funny. The rest of Canada is obliged to teach French in schools. It used to be a default subject in Grade 8 - not sure about nowadays. It is law that French be on all labels and official signage throughout Canada.

Double standard. Somewhat.

Decivox was a little blunt in his post but accurate for the most part. Not that we need to get political here.

The political and cultural scenerios only give this coin a stronger position in Quebec. The main reason I invested.

Yeah we have the Law 101 which is there to preserve the french language but some people think they take it too far. Enough with the politics though you're right.

JPGagnon, does this coin have anything to do with you guys?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=567106.0

I am thinking not because they are very politically motivated (25% of premine going to PQ).  Just weird that I stumbled across this coin today and then see that ANN.

Yeah we had one guy come in here with his "QuebecCoin" which was SHA256 with 1440 block difficulty readjustments... very 2011. Now this guy. This is NOT related to Québecoin (QBC) in any way. If you want to mine a cheap scrypt clone affiliated with the separatist movement, the other one is for you (QCC apparently). If you want a cutting edge X11 coin with DGW and active development and marketing, QBC is for you.

Québecoin - QBC [X11 - DarkGravityWave] Take a look! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0 - http://ww.qbc.io
decivox

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:18:53 PM

Yeah we had one guy come in here with his "QuebecCoin" which was SHA256 with 1440 block difficulty readjustments... very 2011. Now this guy. This is NOT related to Québecoin (QBC) in any way. If you want to mine a cheap scrypt clone affiliated with the separatist movement, the other one is for you (QCC apparently). If you want a cutting edge X11 coin with DGW and active development and marketing, QBC is for you.

I agree, scrypt clones are a dime a dozen.
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 09:24:54 PM

I agree, scrypt clones are a dime a dozen.

Don't know what's up with these 2 other guys. There were zero signs of a coin for Québec existing before my release, they thought they had time to release, then they saw that someone already released it and decided to go ahead with it anyways. The first guy (SHA256 and 1440 block difficulty readjustment) gave up and actually agreed to promote our Québecoin. This new guy apparently just decided to release a scrypt clone with no website and rushed it out.

Weird world, we are still going full steam ahead!

JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 09:53:29 PM

I have to say, this other "QuébecCoin" creator is pretty pathetic. He's accusing me of not being a Québecer (a huge lie) as an excuse to why he rushed out his coin. Plus he's excluding a huge part of the Québec population with separatist ideals and he's also giving money to the government... His mining distribution also makes sure that his coin will be worthless. He generates 10x as many coins as QBC per day with around 2 times more coins total.

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 10:08:22 PM

I have to say, this other "QuébecCoin" creator is pretty pathetic. He's accusing me of not being a Québecer (a huge lie) as an excuse to why he rushed out his coin. Plus he's excluding a huge part of the Québec population with separatist ideals and he's also giving money to the government... His mining distribution also makes sure that his coin will be worthless. He generates 10x as many coins as QBC per day with around 2 times more coins total.

Sounds like a rush job to steal your thunder and attract greedy people who want to jump on board "the next Auroracoin."

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Kreativekrypto

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:13:23 PM

You would have to do a reverse IPO and pay ME to mine a scrypt coin after mining Heavycoin and various x11 coins. I think most anti asic miners wouldn't touch that other coin.

On the other hand this could have a bright side...rivalry can draw media but is also a huge headache: (
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 10:21:40 PM

Sounds like a rush job to steal your thunder and attract greedy people who want to jump on board "the next Auroracoin."

Pretty much. I don't get my thunder stolen though.

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

He should have waited until he was 100% ready to announce his coin.

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 10:23:22 PM

I spoke up for you in the "Operation Shitcoin Cleanout" thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522235.1500

And I'm glad to say that I wasn't the first.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 10:33:36 PM

I spoke up for you in the "Operation Shitcoin Cleanout" thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522235.1500

And I'm glad to say that I wasn't the first.

I'm really glad to see that too and thank you. I really think people can see through a scam if they try and I've answered every question in here to make sure people can form their own opinion.

ereborltc

Activity: 966

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:36:19 PM

Wow this coin is such a scam… i just found a real quebeccoin made by actual quebecers! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=567106.msg6177578#msg6177578  and they do have a website, www.quebeccoin.info ,  JPGangnon is trying pretty hard to make them look like a scam which in turn seems like he's scared and sabotaging making your coin look like the scam actually...

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
Kreativekrypto

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:41:42 PM

I'm not gonna lie there are people like that, that makes me like moderated threads.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:49:11 PM

Ugh, just now saw there is that other quebec coin now. I don't quite get it, to be honest.

You'd think that if anyone wanted to make a copy, they'd make a montreal coin... or pick something else about Quebec to celebrate. Or simply make it a canada coin or choose a different province. At least then their coin would have a chance to succeed. It's like they made their coin purposely just to try to ruin this one.

And after seeing how the brains of some people work in this forum, I wouldn't put it past them if that was simply their goal.

Anyway, it's really weird to me. And it would have been better if this was a moderated thread, even though under normal circumstances moderation isn't quite as fair. In this forum, it's the opposite.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: