Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:04:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: btccharts.com  (Read 39919 times)
scaryzet

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 09:14:00 PM

and don't want to make too much mess with two kinds of user interface

If a different color scheme is a "mess" for you, it means you're doing something wrong within your code. I'm a coder too and I don't understand how can a thing like "a set of configuration values" result in anything inconvinient in coding of an application.

Thank you for the charts. I hope you find a way. It will be even better if you make generalized color settings, so everyone is able to set a personal value for any color used in the chart.

And a few words about small displays. On my HTC Desire the top bar with the logo and the "settings" button takes too much place. There wasn't such a bar in the old version, and now it's just annoying and completely useless, wasting the precious space. Consider removing this top bar: the "settings" can go to the bottom right where it should be and the logo can be put into the info block at the top-left corner.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 09:22:49 PM

If a different color scheme is a "mess" for you, it means you're doing something wrong within your code. I'm a coder too and I don't understand how can a thing like "a set of configuration values" result in anything inconvinient in coding of an application.

Thank you for the charts. I hope you find a way. It will be even better if you make generalized color settings, so everyone is able to set a personal value for any color used in the chart.

And a few words about small displays. On my HTC Desire the top bar with the logo and the "settings" button takes too much place. There wasn't such a bar in the old version, and now it's just annoying and completely useless, wasting the precious space. Consider removing this top bar: the "settings" can go to the bottom right where it should be and the logo can be put into the info block at the top-left corner.
If you're a coder, you must also know that tidying up messy code is not impossible, but takes quite some time and effort Smiley

Can you save the settings in a cookie or something? It doesn't save them anymore since the update, I think. Or maybe they get reset every update and you've been doing minor updates? Not sure.
Updates don't clear cookies. I've checked this case and just one thing was not saving - recent sales time range (right bar). But it's fixed now. Please check this - set all settings to max, wait couple seconds, reset page and tell me if this is not saved.

List of sliders at bottom bar are not saved (later will be).
Ah yes, that bar is exactly what I noticed Cheesy

bzzard (OP)

Activity: 398
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 02:13:33 AM

Please read more carefully text what you are referring to - there's difference between "user interface" and "color scheme".

It will be even better if you make generalized color settings, so everyone is able to set a personal value for any color used in the chart.
Light theme I can understand (eyes sensitivity) but I don't think any day trader need to play with colors of interface he is using. There's really much more important things to do for me.

It's 40px. Every application have top bar, and it works for mine too. Now it's only settings, but in the future there will be other options that should be accessible all the time because they will be used very often.

BTCCharts.com - still for free!
Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 05:58:38 AM

It's 40px. Every application have top bar, and it works for mine too. Now it's only settings, but in the future there will be other options that should be accessible all the time because they will be used very often.

I agree that the bar takes up a lot of space on an android phone, and really makes it look unprofessional compared to the previous version. Every pixel counts when you're on a screen that small. You say every application has a top bar, but most are designed to be used in a portrait position. I can't think of a single application that is meant to be used primarily in landscape that has a bar like that on top. If the bar was on the side, that would be a different story.

Please add an option in the settings to remove that bar so I can make use of the entire screen. I would really appreciate it, and its always good to have your website mobile friendly.
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 08:10:12 AM

Woke up to see this:
https://i.imgur.com/kfQBv.png

Refreshing fixed it.

bzzard (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2012, 10:11:56 AM

As you may know - btccharts server is down. I wait for response from my hosting, so I can't say when it will be up.

bzzard (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2012, 12:01:09 PM

I still have old server so I've moved domain there. This can work for you now, if not - use http://68.234.27.10

bzzard (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2012, 05:40:18 PM

I've made new forum for BTCcharts, and there's one important announcement  - BETA testing - layouts, archive chart, user Wink

You can still comment here.

Yuhfhrh

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 12:13:05 AM

I am unable to re-size the chart now. Is this a bug?
tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 12:23:29 AM

Pay Wink

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
Yuhfhrh

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 12:26:03 AM

Pay Wink

Well that sucks Sad It was going downhill anyway, back to mtgox live for me!  Grin

Edit: Unless paying removes that obnoxious bar from the top O.o
tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 12:34:43 AM

Pay Wink

Well that sucks Sad It was going downhill anyway, back to mtgox live for me!  Grin

At the time I said I did not like the new menu system, but now I recognize that for the new functions was necessary and honestly I have no problem paying (which I did) to use this platform.

Altruism is very nice, but btccharts is a very useful tool, very elaborate and that costs time and money to maintain, I think that 0.047bct per week is a more than reasonable price.

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 12:40:41 AM

bugs, etc:

1)If I click Account at the top it brings up a window with some bad typos:
Title: "Accout opotions"

2) Time since last trade and order text is cut off (eg reads "t 2m 40 sec", o "00s" ). Perhaps this is on purpose.

3) If I have multiple modules open and I wish to then add an archival chart I have no choice of which market this chart should refer to. I think it chooses the market of the most recently added module

4) A sales only module has no title and timeframe cannot be adjusted
- It would be good if these sales modules also showed the price

5) Time range of trades, recent sales, and order book date is somewhat difficult to adjust precisely. It would be good to be able to type in a custom range.

6) tooltips will sometimes go off the screen
Yuhfhrh

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 12:43:04 AM

Pay Wink

At the time I said I did not like the new menu system, but now I recognize that for the new functions was necessary and honestly I have no problem paying (which I did) to use this platform.

Altruism is very nice, but btccharts is a very useful tool, very elaborate and that costs time and money to maintain, I think that 0.047bct per week is a more than reasonable price.

I usually used this on my nexus one, and I understand the benefits of the new menu system too. What I don't understand is the lack of a fullscreen option to remove it. (Especially for mobile)
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 01:10:53 AM

Some other ideas:

1) Export/import layout so that if someone has a good one they could easily share.

2) Batch add module (ie all mt gox sales btc/currency pairs)

This is very cool. Especially the order book history.
kentrolla

Activity: 1540
Merit: 564

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 01:20:19 AM

still no sounds?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 02:06:39 AM

I find it overpriced. Yes, there are really cool features. The modules are wow but I don't want to use them. I'm not a day trader but just a bitcoin fan. Please put the accumulated volume back in the free version. This feature where I can mark beginning and end on the chart and it sums up the coins sold and bought.

I think you deserve to earn money with this but I hope you get some fair income based on numbers not on a high price.

Anyway. I just payed for a week subscription as I really like this site and wanted to test it out but I doubt that I will stay a regular Sad

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
flipperfish

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

Dolphie Selfie

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 12:31:34 PM

Oh, this is sad, without zooming, this site is now rather useless for me. I don't need any of the other "pay-features", but 0.04 btc/week just for zooming is too much for me, sorry.
LoweryCBS

Activity: 364

firstbits 1LoCBS

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 12:46:57 PM

bzzard,

I am VERY pleased with the efforts put into your work, thank you!

My only request is an option for annual payment, or perhaps even lifetime.

(and you need to charge more)

Thank you!
bzzard (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 02:52:47 PM

1)If I click Account at the top it brings up a window with some bad typos:
Title: "Accout opotions"
To fix.

2) Time since last trade and order text is cut off (eg reads "t 2m 40 sec", o "00s" ). Perhaps this is on purpose.
On purpose (more space).

3) If I have multiple modules open and I wish to then add an archival chart I have no choice of which market this chart should refer to. I think it chooses the market of the most recently added module
So far only mtgox got archival data. Rest will be added later.

4) A sales only module has no title and timeframe cannot be adjusted
- It would be good if these sales modules also showed the price
Yes. I will add some info in tooltip and dragging.

5) Time range of trades, recent sales, and order book date is somewhat difficult to adjust precisely. It would be good to be able to type in a custom range.
Ok. I will add custom time by date (simple input, you write date like "2011 6 22") and work on dragging precision.

6) tooltips will sometimes go off the screen
To fix.

My only request is an option for annual payment, or perhaps even lifetime.
I don't want to have too much responsibility. Current max is 30 days. This will be extended to 60 if I decide this is out of beta. One minute once in 60 days is not big effort I think Wink

(and you need to charge more)
For now it's 0.08USD/day because of beta phase. Later (maybe next week) 0.35USD/day.

still no sounds?
Sounds are next feature todo (I'm open to suggestions in this case).

1) Export/import layout so that if someone has a good one they could easily share.
Yeah, that can be cool and not to hard to do. For now I can do simple import/export by text (json). Let's say in a month this should be ready.

2) Batch add module (ie all mt gox sales btc/currency pairs)
1) should do the trick (+maybe some html subpage with export text and preview gallery)

No comment on price topic Tongue

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: