Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:54:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: btccharts.com  (Read 39920 times)
bzzard (OP)

Activity: 398
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 12:04:15 AM

I don't take any donation because this service will be not free in near future (at least all features), so I will get this BTC anyway Wink

Thanks for the tip, I will think about this. Historical depth was in my near plans month ago, but then mtgox api started to freak out so I've decided to fix that problem first and I'm working on it to this day. At this weekend I was planning to add mtgox socket.io rebroadcasting (if at least one person have live data - everyone will get this), but I've got sick so I will add this in next weekend.

In next month I'm changing my job from full time to half time, so this will grow faster Smiley

BTCCharts.com - still for free!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 02:38:03 AM

The one thing I'd like to see most is the recent sales. This is usually the only reason I would have mtGox Live, or clark moody open.
old_engineer

Activity: 387

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 07:23:49 AM

Alright, I'll save it to give to you later.  I think the Goxxing API should be zhoutanged. Smiley
bzzard (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2012, 12:21:45 AM

Little update:

There was bug with not updating recent trades. Quite rare, and I'm not sure if I spotted the correct reason, but if your trades will stop updating for couple minutes then give me sign on PM so I will work on this more. Thanks to RyNinDaCleM for reporting this Smiley

New feature - auto time range while changing the price range:

Plus some performance improvements.

Recent trades in detail - this should be in next 3 weeks.

To update - open site and refresh. If this not help - clear cache.

phorensic

Activity: 630

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 10:12:02 PM

What is the third data method listed in the upper right called BCsocket?
bzzard (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 10:22:15 PM

It's connection with btccharts.com socket server. For now it just count online users. After this weekend this should also rebroadcast data from mtgox socket. And later will be used for things like chat.

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 10:26:24 PM

Little update:

There was bug with not updating recent trades. Quite rare, and I'm not sure if I spotted the correct reason, but if your trades will stop updating for couple minutes then give me sign on PM so I will work on this more. Thanks to RyNinDaCleM for reporting this Smiley

New feature - auto time range while changing the price range:

Plus some performance improvements.

Recent trades in detail - this should be in next 3 weeks.

To update - open site and refresh. If this not help - clear cache.

Your chart is really improving. I like the latest features added, and the http updater makes a huge difference when none of the other orders site are working. Not real time but at least it updates.

And,+1 on the execution ticker. IMO it's the only thing missing now. I can't wait!  Smiley

Thank you for your extensive work!

Mushoz

Activity: 686

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 11:17:57 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2012, 02:36:31 PM by Mushoz

Is there a "reset to defaults" button somewhere? I tried refreshing, but that's not working Sad Would be a welcome addition for me, and of course the live ticker Wink Great job so far, this might completely replace Mtgoxlive soon for me!

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
phorensic

Activity: 630

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 04:43:09 AM

It's connection with btccharts.com socket server. For now it just count online users. After this weekend this should also rebroadcast data from mtgox socket. And later will be used for things like chat.
Is the rebroadcast idea to lessen the load (number of connections) on Gox?  If so, that might be a great idea.  You could advertise and push people to use your rebroadcast of socket.io and since you don't have to focus on other things like Gox does you could tune performance and keep it stable.
bzzard (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 11:26:53 AM

Is the rebroadcast idea to lessen the load (number of connections) on Gox?  If so, that might be a great idea.  You could advertise and push people to use your rebroadcast of socket.io and since you don't have to focus on other things like Gox does you could tune performance and keep it stable.
My assumption is that almost always there's some btccharts client with good mtgox socket connection. Every client will be reporting to server on this connection status. Max 3 clients with good connection will be sending to btccharts socket server data from mtgox socket, and then this will be rebroadcasted to clients that reports bad connection.
So the answer is no - still all clients will be connected. This will increase the chance to get at least one with good connection.
In future maybe I will talk with mtgox on some dedicated socket for my server, so btccharts don't use mtgox, so there's less connections, so this will be more stable for others.

Mushoz - currently there's no restart of settings. But you can do that by cleaning flash cookies:
 - press right mouse button
 - select settings
 - select local storage tab
 - decrease slider to 0KB, "OK", "close"
 - restart page and click "allow"

bzzard (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2012, 03:17:03 AM

It took some time Wink but there you got it - rebroadcasting (details is prev post).
I'm not sure if server can handle this, but let's see.
Now you can get live data on any browser that support flash (check out IE Wink ).

From other changes there's:
 - faster initialization
 - online people counter count multiple opened clients on one system as one

bb113

View Profile
March 04, 2012, 03:28:51 AM

Another good feature would be to show the past volume binned according to the time range. Sometimes big price changes in the past were just due to wide spreads and .01 btc trading back and forth. A bar chart could come horizontally off the y axis (maybe move the depth axis label to the right side) or maybe there could be a heat cloud around the price history. Or the price history could be color coded itself.

I have no idea how difficult this stuff is so...
bzzard (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2012, 03:38:02 AM

Another good feature would be to show the past volume binned according to the time range.
Do you know you can do such thing:

?

bb113

View Profile
March 04, 2012, 03:43:50 AM

Ah, I never used that, awesome. I still think it would be better to see the distribution of the volume history though.
bb113

View Profile
March 04, 2012, 03:46:18 AM

Your charts are awesome by the way. Do you take donations? Maybe not, I think I saw somewhere that you planned to charge eventually.

nm, it was on this page.
bzzard (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2012, 04:04:35 AM

Ah, I never used that, awesome. I still think it would be better to see the distribution of the volume history though.
That's also my opinion Smiley So some day I will come with some volume visualization.

When it comes to charging for using btccharts - for now I'm planning to start in next month or two. There still will be free service, but without all this funky features. Price - 0.5btc for a month (at start, this will be changing).

BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 05:55:09 PM

Sometimes the orderbook gets "stuck", while the price continues to update. I'm not sure what causes it.

bzzard (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 06:20:32 PM

Sometimes the orderbook gets "stuck", while the price continues to update. I'm not sure what causes it.
Something wrong is going on and I'm on it. Mtgox socket is providing wrong data or btccharts processing it wrong...

BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 08:32:57 PM

Something wrong is going on and I'm on it. Mtgox socket is providing wrong data or btccharts processing it wrong...
Refreshing fixes it, so unless the flash page has a direct connection to mtgox, it must be something with btccharts, I guess? Not sure how it works technologically.

bzzard (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 10:04:25 PM

I've added hard refresh of orderbook every minute. Looks like mr power-of-two is gone, for now at least Wink
Let's see if whats's response from mtgox in this case.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: