Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:43:22 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEO and BEE talk (unmoderated)  (Read 153009 times)
velacreations

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:00:30 PM

Buy the brand new company Neo&Bee with all their debts?
what debts?  please elaborate to how much debt N&B has and how you came across that information.

michaelGedi

Activity: 364

"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:12:19 PM

^
Actually, the community is trusting to the point of gullibility -- it gets taken again, again, and again.  So no, scams is not all it sees -- you, for one, are *still not convinced*.

sorry mate... innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.

until you actually give something of substance you can perhaps do your best to keep your speculation to yourself, it's people like you that may well be responsible for egging others on to the point of threatening behaviour...

Before guilt could be proven, an accusation needs to be made -- not the other way around.  Mate.
Further, presumption of innocence is the basis of most criminal, not civil, law.  There are countries with civil law based on presumption of innocence, but most of the world does without it.
Rigors of proof, for most, don't need to match mathematical rigor.  We know that NeoBee is done even without a fork sticking out of its belly, yet some are still demanding moar proof.

thanks very much for educating me mate, I genuinely don't mind being wrong and I'm glad you corrected my ignorance here...

on the other hand, what you failed to read or address from that comment is that I simply do not like lambchops, his play-along has gone on far too long

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

1BROKER has been around since 2012 and is going strong
michaelGedi

Activity: 364

"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:19:21 PM

I read every single post in NEOBEE thread from the start of this fiasco and I never saw any "threat to his family", sounds bullshit to me, can anyone quote that "threat" please ? Grin btw gross irresponsible incompetence here, another Karpeles  Roll Eyes he's running away with your money and covering with bullshit excuses ... I am very very curious if somebody will be able to raise any capital via IPO offering in "bitcoin securities market" after this.

it was apparently a direct threat...

this community makes me laugh, people are so used to scams that it's all they'll ever see. The best part is you can't see the difference between scam and failure/problem/setback, it's just all scam...

do you happen to know what percentage of startups fail?

The problem is people get too distracted. Who knows why people come and scream scam, but investors spend so much time arguing with them that they fail to see the failure/problem/setbacks coming and end up with the same result as if it was a scam.

Total scam, something that turned into a scam, something that was a good idea that got unlucky, a good idea being run by someone who is incompetent, a bad idea with good people, good idea with good people that got ruined by bad luck/timing/something unforeseeable screwing them, something they should have seen coming screwing them, a meteor, it doesn't matter, they all end up with the same result, people having less coins than they started.

People were so busy arguing that Danny was in Cyprus (even though he wasn't) that they didn't care about the lack of financial reports or the fact hat they had been open for a month, and had invested in what appears to be the world's most expensive bitcoin info both

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

1BROKER has been around since 2012 and is going strong
Darkstone2

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:20:01 PM

@Darkstone2,
Rumors are extremely important in my world, as is knowing how to gauge their validity.  It's hard for me to say whether you should have expected a report by now, since I don't invest in companies that are intentionally vague with such details.  But yeah, if I was in your shoes I'd be pissed.  Honestly don't know what else to say.

Yeah i'm pissed. So pissed that i'm going to spread all kinds of FUD all over the place. That will surely help.

So far i've found the reasons for Danny's silence quite valid.  And the trading halt and lack of financial information questionable. But rather than burning the company down over those facts, i am giving them a chance to explain. There is no point in trying to drive down the price of an share that (provided the 'rumors' are true) might never resume trading since NeoBee is already as dead as a pork with a fork in it's belly according to popular opinion.
bitmiggy

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:51:41 PM

You can buy and sell Neo shares with direct Havelock transfers.

Thread started: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=554814
Twilight_Sparkle

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:56:39 PM

Well if Neobee is not doomed, then it is in very bad shape. When it comes right down to it is the real problem is how this all looks to Cypriot residents. For most, this will be their first reference to bitcoin, and it will be a bad one. Definitely not good for bitcoin pr  Undecided

1H8gQ7KEN65pbdtusg28NQ33YWFBPgWAf1
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:43:27 AM

Well if Neobee is not doomed, then it is in very bad shape. When it comes right down to it is the real problem is how this all looks to Cypriot residents. For most, this will be their first reference to bitcoin, and it will be a bad one. Definitely not good for bitcoin pr  Undecided

Most citizens of Cyprus have now heard of Neobee, and many got interested in Bitcoin because of it.
The infrastructure of the company and their plan is already there, the only thing that is lacking is money.
I'm sure some investors will see potential in that.
bitcoin.newsfeed

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:18:17 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 08:35:43 AM by bitcoin.newsfeed

I'm really lucky, guys! I withdrew all my BTC from MtGox right before their trouble/closing, and sold all my NeoBee shares right before their closing. LOL.

Yeah, it feels like dancing on the thin ice here Smiley But stay awake with eyes widely open(!) if you don't want to fall into water soon ! Dangerous is everywhere here.

2. A statement that explains what happened with the trading/suspicious activity.  

What about this : Suspicious activity is when hundreds of investors are desperately trying to transfer shares from LMB joke-site to Havelock to be able to sell them asap at any price. So they just halt the transfers, preventing fall of the share price to 0.00.

*Btw what about 2nd branch opening scheduled on end of March? (just joking)

... Question Everything, Believe Nothing ...
velacreations

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:24:37 PM

What about this : Suspicious activity is when hundreds of investors are desperately trying to transfer shares from LMB joke-site to Havelock to be able to sell them asap at any price. So they just halt the transfers, preventing fall of the share price to 0.00.
nah, I'm talking about stuff that actually happened.

mmeijeri

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Martijn Meijering

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:32:42 PM

Further, presumption of innocence is the basis of most criminal, not civil, law.

More importantly, presumption of innocence is utterly stupid as an investment policy.

ROI is not a verb, the term you're looking for is 'to break even'.
mmeijeri

Martijn Meijering

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:34:42 PM

I live in a world where facts are important and rumors are unimportant.

An investor who ignores rumours (rather than treating them as unconfirmed reports) is a moron.

velacreations

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:39:43 PM

An investor who ignores rumours (rather than treating them as unconfirmed reports) is a moron.
that's bullshit.  anyone that regards all rumors as credible is an idiot.

velacreations

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:44:50 PM

People come out of the woodwork after the fact and say "the signs were there", but the signs are always there.  There are ALWAYS rumors floating around that a project is illegitimate or on the verge of failing.  There are rumors floating right now that Google or Apple will fail and collapse.

You're telling us that we are supposed to assume those rumors are credible just because someone, somewhere posted them on the internet?   Roll Eyes

NotLambchop

Merit: 254

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:45:13 PM

that's bullshit. Correct!  On an unrelated note, anyone that regards all rumors as credible is an idiot.

FTFY

Re. your second post [the "edit" button is ur friend, BTW]:  After the fact, during the fact, and before the fact -- the very same thing. Right from the start Smiley

mmeijeri

Martijn Meijering

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:45:54 PM

that's bullshit.  anyone that regards all rumors as credible is an idiot.

I didn't say an investor should treat them as credible, that would be stupid. I said he should treat them as unconfirmed reports. Simply ignoring or dismissing rumours is utterly stupid. You're always trading based on uncertain information.

velacreations

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:50:12 PM

I didn't say an investor should treat them as credible, that would be stupid. I said he should treat them as unconfirmed reports. Simply ignoring or dismissing rumours is utterly stupid. You're always trading based on uncertain information.
Moving them from the status of "rumor" to "unconfirmed report" is treating them as credible.  A report is more credible than a rumor.  And doing that without examination of credibility or legitimacy is utterly ridiculous.

mmeijeri

Martijn Meijering

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:55:03 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 02:28:04 PM by mmeijeri

I'm not sure I agree that's what the word means, but in any event that's not what I meant. I meant don't ignore rumours. Lots of people on r/bitcoin (pretend to) do that if the rumours are negative, or even worse, try to get others to do so. Every time there's bad news coming out of China there are people who want to put up posts saying "rumour X is false" without evidence instead of "X is just an unconfirmed rumour". Real events are often preceded by rumours, even though many rumours turn out to be false.

San1ty

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:27:17 PM

I would be surprised if Danny can find a new owner...

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
velacreations

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:03:01 PM

I would be surprised if Danny can find a new owner...
It depends a lot on the details of the deal, assets, etc.  Unfortunately, we have nothing to measure it by, because we have no financial information about the operation or current status.

NotLambchop

Merit: 254

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:08:07 PM

I wonder what the lease on that building is like.  Do they pay by the month?  Is there a deposit?  I was thinking that branch would make a nice cellphone store with minimum remodeling.  Would be pretty swish...
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: