Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:59:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEO and BEE talk (unmoderated)  (Read 153005 times)
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:05:41 AM

Do yourself a favour and wait

How did that work out for bitfunder?

You are going to be waiting a long time at dannys rate.

And you don't find it suspicious that danny all of the sudden became rich after launching this company? New house, new bently, new mercedes, 400btc of "his own" money stuck in mtgox.

Also most of that "speculative FUD" you dismissed earlier has now been confirmed.

Here is a quote from neobee staff

1. You did not sell majority of the bitcoins beginning of October. It contradicts your earlier statements. Evidence needed, and convenient lack of evidence because of MtGox is laughable.
    2. You quickly packed your belongings and left. Yes, I'm sure you left your daughter behind, but that only reflects poorly on you as a father.
    3. You made no good faith effort to contact your personal creditors to whom you sold bitcoins to, and acted as a custodian.
    4. You claim to have hired or intention to hire a 'forensic accountant' to prove your innocence. Why you would need a forensic accountant is beyond me. If you want me to, I'll publish the numbers you've been giving your employees. That will illuminate your incompetence.

ALL of your employees were very eager to help you and find the best solution to the problems arising in mid March. Although that was before we had time to go through every detail and create a clearer picture of your misconduct.
sporket

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:11:25 AM

@NanoAkron:  Police don't care about your "investment,"  nothing will "become clear in the end."
On top of fleecing you for your coin, Danny also took IRL fiat from IRL Cypriots, promising them stuff he didn't deliver.  That's what the warrant is for, that's what the cops care about.  Not your virtual shares of virtual silliness profits.  
NanoAkron

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:35:46 AM

Do yourself a favour and wait

How did that work out for bitfunder?

You are going to be waiting a long time at dannys rate.

And you don't find it suspicious that danny all of the sudden became rich after launching this company? New house, new bently, new mercedes, 400btc of "his own" money stuck in mtgox.

Also most of that "speculative FUD" you dismissed earlier has now been confirmed.

Here is a quote from neobee staff

1. You did not sell majority of the bitcoins beginning of October. It contradicts your earlier statements. Evidence needed, and convenient lack of evidence because of MtGox is laughable.
    2. You quickly packed your belongings and left. Yes, I'm sure you left your daughter behind, but that only reflects poorly on you as a father.
    3. You made no good faith effort to contact your personal creditors to whom you sold bitcoins to, and acted as a custodian.
    4. You claim to have hired or intention to hire a 'forensic accountant' to prove your innocence. Why you would need a forensic accountant is beyond me. If you want me to, I'll publish the numbers you've been giving your employees. That will illuminate your incompetence.

ALL of your employees were very eager to help you and find the best solution to the problems arising in mid March. Although that was before we had time to go through every detail and create a clearer picture of your misconduct.

Oh dear oh dear. An unsubstantiated series of claims by someone who made an unsubstantiated claim on reddit that they were a former employee of Neo (because nobody lies on reddit). You MUST see why this is a ridiculously low standard of evidence you're setting for yourself.

IF the person on reddit posted some form of proof of their former status at Neo, IF they then provided evidence to back up points 1 and 3, THEN they might be worthwhile points to discuss.

Furthermore, bitfunder was never an incorporated business with offices and employees. If you can't see the difference between bitfunder and NeoBee, then I'm not sure anyone can help you. IF the police are involved in the Neo situation, we will see forward progress through the legal process. This was never the case with bitfunder.
Darkstone2

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 11:22:06 AM

100+ updates with neobee and nothing was done besides spend all investors funds on advertising and a new house/bently (he expects us to believe it was his own funds?)
This is not an update on neobee, but an update for danny's personal situation.

Confirmed? Then show me the evidence.
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:45:42 PM

This thread, and its "moderated" (?!?) spin-off, have been pretty boring of late.

To those who demand evidence of everything: you are accusing the Cyprus Mail of lying and/or of copy-pasting their article from this forum without bothering to make even a single local phone call to the N&B offices to check.  That is a serious accusation, so it is your turn now to provide the evidence of that.

As for Danny's  background before going to Cyprus, we have only a claim that "he worked as security in nighclubs and pubs in Sheffield UK".  Are there any public records of that?  Did he have any schooling after high school? Did he ever provide a biography? 

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
SZZT

Activity: 273

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:49:58 PM

Not trying to defend or accuse anyone, but i feel i need to point out that asking for evidence is not an accusation, as someone claimed.

That is a suspicious innuendo, reminiscent of other times in human history.

This thread, and its "moderated" (?!?) spin-off, have been pretty boring of late.

To those who demand evidence of everything: you are accusing the Cyprus Mail of lying and/or of copy-pasting their article from this forum without bothering to make even a single local phone call to the N&B offices to check.  That is a serious accusation, so it is your turn now to provide the evidence of that.

As for Danny's  background before going to Cyprus, we have only a claim that "he worked as security in nighclubs and pubs in Sheffield UK".  Are there any public records of that?  Did he have any schooling after high school? Did he ever provide a biography? 

This quote above, (bold and underlines are mine) seems to be saying that the people that are asking for evidence from a media outlet, are actually accusing the media outlet of lying.
And two lines below, the same poster is asking for evidence on a part of the story that is of interest to him, personally.
Now, why would someone accuse the people that are asking for evidence, in the same post he himself is asking for evidence?

A few posts back, another poster gave an address claiming it was brewsters wallet.

People asked him to verify that the address he posted belongs indeed to the person the poster said it did.
If you take a look you will see that a few people asked for "any kind of evidence that the address belongs to him".
The people that asked for evidence are either critical against neo, or supportive, nevertheless do ask for evidence.

The anonymous poster only told us that he had received a payment from brewster via that address and thus he claimed that the address was indeed his.
This is no evidence though. You know that, i know that, the poster who made the claim also knows that. Yet he made absolutely no attempt to verify his claim.
Why would someone make such a claim, if he has no evidence to support it?

Without any evidence of any kind, such statements can only be seen as suspicious.

Anyone can make a claim.
It is up to the person making the claim, to support it with substantial and independently verifiable evidence.

Furthermore, unlike anon speculators or commentators like you and me, news outlets do have the obligation to follow up and check on what they are reporting.

This startup is only a few months old. It belongs to the real world, not the virtual. It is not a scamcoin, or a "cryptofunds" IPVO.
It went public, this has real life implications.
If authorities are on it and any mismanagement has occurred, it will be revealed and dealt with.

1HceYnNAUv5zBjJUhEncmmvxU1C7yjWoX8
sporket

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 10:24:39 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2014, 10:35:33 PM by sporket

To those who demand evidence of everything: you are accusing the Cyprus Mail of lying and/or of copy-pasting their article from this forum without bothering to make even a single local phone call to the N&B offices to check.  That is a serious accusation, so it is your turn now to provide the evidence of that.

As for Danny's  background before going to Cyprus, we have only a claim that "he worked as security in nighclubs and pubs in Sheffield UK".  Are there any public records of that?  Did he have any schooling after high school? Did he ever provide a biography?  

This quote above, (bold and underlines are mine) seems to be saying that the people that are asking for evidence from a media outlet, are actually accusing the media outlet of lying...

Red text.  Inclusive or.
Yes, demanding evidence is implicitly accusing media of lying and/or not verifying sources, especially when taken in context.  How do you read it?

*The press is neither obligated to, nor does it usually, provide evidence.  Journalists often mention sources, e.g. "Police spokesperson," but that's about it.
SZZT

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 11:37:54 PM

well, i suppose that's one way of seeing things.

JorgeStolfi

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:15:45 AM

Not trying to defend or accuse anyone, but i feel i need to point out that asking for evidence is not an accusation, as someone claimed.
This thread is starting to read like some Theater of the Absurd  play...  Wink

Asking for evidence in general is not an accusation.  However, the people who have been asking for evidence (at least some of them) explicitly denied that the Cyprus Mail artilcles were evidence.  What else could they be then?

I have my evaluation of the situation, my standards of evidence and my way of making sense of what I read, thank you.  I write my opinion based on that evaluation, and how I got to it.  Everybody is entitled to a different opinion, and no one is obliged to find my arguments convincing.

Some quite emphatic but quite contradictory testimonials have been posted here.  It follows that least some of the people posting here are shameless liars.  Naturally, I consider any factual statement posted here as very weak evidence.  When several such testimonials and external documents agree, and none contradicts them, I may give a high probability to the statement.  When testimonials and/or external information disagree, I must try to guess which is more credible, and assign appropriate probabilites to each version.

I am curious about the schooling and professional history of Mr.  Brewster in England, because they obviously could change a lot my evaluation of the situation.  In fact, I would think that any investor should want to to know that basic information before investing, and anyone who solicits investment is obliged to provide it.

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
Darkstone2

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:32:04 AM

Asking for evidence is not an accusation, simply a verification of what he just said. If i make a statement, you ask for evidence, and i refuse to give that evidence for no known reason, doesn't that implicate that my statement was false? If i can't provide the evidence, i might just as well said nothing because the statement holds no value without it. For example, i know a shop that does not abide to certain customer protection laws. I've knew that for years, but i have kept my mount shut until the first public viewable evidence arrived.

And about cyprus mail, it's a local newspaper, none of the larger newspapers have copied the story. That reduces the chance of the story being based on actual facts. The chance that the story is correct? I don't know, maybe 50%? Any statement in this forum without proper evidence, i give that 0% change of being correct.

Oh, and the moderated thread is no longer moderated, since the OP was banned after i provided a boatload of evidence to the mods.

Why would someone make such a claim, if he has no evidence to support it?

This is a fair point, and i am not questioning the authenticity of the "this is danny's bitcoin address' statement". But you must know that on any forum, there are always those that spread false statements. Either because they don't know, of because they think it's fun. Asking evidence is a good way to actually help the unknowing, and discredit the liars.
JorgeStolfi

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:05:25 AM

And about cyprus mail, it's a local newspaper, none of the larger newspapers have copied the story.

Well, the story has been picked up by some other newspapers, and the arrest warrant seems to have been confirmed by some reporters:

Kathimerini  (CY, weekly)
http://www.kathimerini.gr/761354/article/epikairothta/kosmos/diey8ynths-etaireias-bitcoin-egkateleiye-thn-kypro-meta-apo-apeiles

iCyprus
http://ikypros.com/?p=8302

Shangai Daily (CN)
http://www.shanghaidaily.com/article/article_xinhua.aspx?id=213327

Daily mail (UK)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2603742/British-boss-Bitcoin-virtual-currency-firm-wanted-Cyprus-suspicion-fraud.html

Financial Mirror (CY)
http://www.financialmirror.com/news-details.php?nid=32369

The Cyprus Mail seems to be an old daily newspaper based in Nicosia, the only one in English language.  is is appropriate toc all it "local"?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_newspapers_in_Cyprus

As for other (Greek language) newspapers in Cyprus, I don know what to search for with Google.  If they did not report on the affair, I would rather conclude that Neo & Bee was not such a big thing in Cyprus after all...

But the most significant thing,for me, is that there are no reports that contradict the Cyprus Mail, other than forum posts by anonymous users and by Mr. Brewster's himself. 

If you care to know, I would give 80% probability that the Cyprus Mail and other newspaper reports are essentially correct.   Sorry, but my life experience taught me that statements by someone in Mr. Brewster's situation should not be given any weight whatsoever.  If he wants to benefit of the "innocent until proven guilty" principle (that is appropriate in courts, but disastrous in everyday life) he should turn himself in.  If he wants his statements to be taken seriously, he should make them to the court, under oath and pain of perjury.

JorgeStolfi

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:11:01 AM

PS. By the way, about the Neo & Bee TV ads broadcast in Cyprus: were they in Greek, or in English? (The ones that were circulated in this forum were in English, created by an UK agency it seems; but I assumed that they would be translated.)

pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:22:23 AM

PS. By the way, about the Neo & Bee TV ads broadcast in Cyprus: were they in Greek, or in English? (The ones that were circulated in this forum were in English, created by an UK agency it seems; but I assumed that they would be translated.)

They were all in greek.

CAFE NEO

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 06:09:34 AM

You are wasting time by speculating what Danny had done before this venture  this is irelevent
Important is what he is doing now
okaynow

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 09:42:04 AM

news quotes

Still, none of these articles are not adding anything to the info. None of them have any news worthy of being taken seriously.
You can go ahead and believe them, i'll wait to see what the courts think. After they check any fact.

Shamefully reposting without any fact checking is not reporting in any part of the planet. Its what the Sun does.

1PeecNu1J8VNKpgR13nasMZWLcMZrwNJfc
SZZT

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:05:49 AM

Asking for evidence in general is not an accusation.  However, the people who have been asking for evidence (at least some of them) explicitly denied that the Cyprus Mail artilcles were evidence.  What else could they be then?

Well, people asking for explicit evidence are obviously people looking for evidence.
I dont see how you can accuse them, and not yourself.

For all we know, you are also one of the speculators, after all.
Why would you attack people looking for evidence otherwise...

mmeijeri

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Martijn Meijering

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:35:51 AM

The former COO and former Compliance and Risk Management Officer have posted a statement on Reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/23cjd9/the_full_picture_of_former_neo_bee_employees/
https://twitter.com/Papaphoenix/status/457118162925133824

ROI is not a verb, the term you're looking for is 'to break even'.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:45:06 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 12:29:22 PM by NotLambchop

More lies served up by the twin dark forces of gubermint and MPEx Angry

Bon Appétit!
Darkstone2

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:00:41 PM

More lies served up by the twin dark forces of gubermint and MPEx Angry
citation needed.

I've abandoned the ship. total profit since IPO = 0.42 BTC.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:11:10 PM

^Was being sarcastic.  Tried to make that obvious.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: