Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:19:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT VS NEM  (Read 14346 times)
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 01:40:46 AM

Why all these haters of NEM - are you afraid of NEM ?
NEM and NXT could widely coexist in my op.
The best could be to give both a real chance to grow and to establish.

Where exactely am i hating NEM? I want it to succeed as i have a stake in it, I just post facts so that people get a good idea where the coin is right now. I hate it when people spread FUD, and saying a coin is superior even though it is only existing on the drawing boards is spreading FUD!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JordanBTC

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 04:58:01 AM

I agree that speculating on NEM is just for fun at this point, so we'll have to see.  But, NXT has a lot of vulnerabilities.  Losing BCNext is not good and Cfb may also leave.  NEM has 5 devs who actually communicate with people.  I also like the branding of New Economy Movement better than NXT.  NXT wants to do all these huge things, which is great, but they are all over the place and can't get basic things right:  Lots of people, not just newbies, lose money because their "brain wallet" gets cracked.  A huge flaw was discovered by Dr. Evil which doesn't give people confidence.  The address format sucks. NXT needs to get it together.
mattadc

Activity: 426
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 09:26:54 AM

i'm going to at least wait till my logo is finished before i announce my IPO ! Wink haha

yea Smiley
Was it Neon, which had a chosen logo already in the first page of the announcement thread ...

This NEON?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=400356.0

Yesyesyes Cheesy
NEON was the one of the first coins I read about, and it was very dubious. Mainly due to the comments of the veterans, and also that finalized concept gave thoughtful thoughts Smiley
Who makes the logo first, and let not the community say anything about it, not even any bounty for the design of the logo.
Well, what was the result?  Roll Eyes

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
mattadc

Activity: 426

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 09:40:43 AM

Where exactely am i hating NEM? I want it to succeed as i have a stake in it, I just post facts so that people get a good idea where the coin is right now. I hate it when people spread FUD, and saying a coin is superior even though it is only existing on the drawing boards is spreading FUD!

Well, all aren't such techies like you Cheesy  There are common people, who play lottery, though they know that the possibilities to win are one against millions, they buy a new ice cream flavor, though they know that it won't beat their favorite. And they see something new coming, when it is just talked about... in good and in bad.
When there were protests in Kiev at the end of 2013, they thought that something bad is going to happen. A techie may have thought in a different way.
When there in some community were plans planned and commented and checked, they thought that something good will happen. A techie may think in a different way. Smiley

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 02:33:20 PM

I agree that speculating on NEM is just for fun at this point, so we'll have to see.  But, NXT has a lot of vulnerabilities.  Losing BCNext is not good and Cfb may also leave.  NEM has 5 devs who actually communicate with people.  I also like the branding of New Economy Movement better than NXT.  NXT wants to do all these huge things, which is great, but they are all over the place and can't get basic things right:  Lots of people, not just newbies, lose money because their "brain wallet" gets cracked.  A huge flaw was discovered by Dr. Evil which doesn't give people confidence.  The address format sucks. NXT needs to get it together.

BCNext never planned to stay on the project, so we didn't really had the chance to keep him Sad

C-f-B will stay atleast stimm summer.

Our main dev Jean-Luc is going strong as always.

James and Cyiam are 2 C programmers working on protocol layers.

Wesleyh and Nexern work on Testnet and .exe clients.

We have 5 other very competent cleint devs.

Overall we have about 20 people working on the core and very corerelated projects. Nearly all of them are very responsive in our new forum...

Yes we have some flaws, but we always fix them fast. BTC had way more flaws in its first year!

All clients warn about weak passwords, I know most people don't give a shit about that, but it is the same with wallet.dat's left undecrypted on dropbox by newbies. Our Offspring client uses a wallet file for that, so use that if you are worried.

Address format is ok, it just lacks a checksum imo.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 02:34:35 PM

Well, all aren't such techies like you Cheesy  There are common people, who play lottery, though they know that the possibilities to win are one against millions, they buy a new ice cream flavor, though they know that it won't beat their favorite. And they see something new coming, when it is just talked about... in good and in bad.
When there were protests in Kiev at the end of 2013, they thought that something bad is going to happen. A techie may have thought in a different way.
When there in some community were plans planned and commented and checked, they thought that something good will happen. A techie may think in a different way. Smiley

Hey, that makes me sound like I can't imagine where this coin might go! I totally think that it can be awesome. But to talk about that like it will surely happen is a bit missleading Wink

mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:40:30 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 06:55:37 AM by mladen00

NEM will overtake NXT

because:

1. better distribution
2. user friendly wallet (it can't be worse than a NXT wallet Smiley )
3. NEM source code

NXT is very good coin
but NEM have potential to be No.2 cryptocoin

IOTA
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:41:32 PM

NxT does have things going against it.  The valid FUD aside, I think PoS hasn't proven itself yet and I'm not sure it'ld ever see mass adoption. 

IMHO - something like PoS is better handled through eventual crypto banks who'll issue loans, collect interest and then pay interest to account owners.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:21:16 PM

NEM will overtake NXT

because:

1. better distribution
3. NEM source code will be secret for year or 2

NXT is very good coin

Who said that ?

instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:31:58 PM

If that was true (and I am pretty sure it is not) only a far minority would even bother using NEM.
EasySam

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:33:54 PM

NXT is not that big right now and there are already clones. Just wow
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:39:25 PM

NEM will overtake NXT

because:

1. better distribution

NXT is very good coin

Who said that ?

sorry

bad english

IOTA
mrsanny

Activity: 69

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:02:59 PM

nascoin,the first clone of nxt! just like ltc to btc!

Teddy COIN -15%Free+75%IPO,Let's talk about Teddy Tm96cmJV8dTt7Faf2jqBimBkUP2gD3HkLM
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:09:05 PM

nascoin,the first clone of nxt! just like ltc to btc!

And how is that relevant to this discussion ?

devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:18:36 PM

yeah such wow, none of which is working Cheesy
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 03:52:14 PM

yeah such wow, none of which is working Cheesy

NAS is working Wink

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 03:53:21 PM

BCNext never planned to stay on the project, so we didn't really had the chance to keep him Sad

Overall we have about 20 people working on the core and very corerelated projects. Nearly all of them are very responsive in our new forum...

And I'll bet that the bulk of those twenty come from the initial investor pool that's caused so much rancour here. Funny how that worked out...  Grin

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 03:54:31 PM

And I'll bet that the bulk of those twenty come from the initial investor pool that's caused so much rancour here. Funny how that worked out...  Grin

afaik only 1 of the twenty is an initial stakeholder.

Also the initial stakeholders pay for the devs, so there is that..

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 07:44:50 PM

afaik only 1 of the twenty is an initial stakeholder.

Also the initial stakeholders pay for the devs, so there is that..

Okay, thanks. Won't be the first time I had a wrong hunch, and it certainly won't be the last...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 10:38:06 PM

NXT is not "growing" now.
Maybe all in the crypto world is now in idle state.
Maybe the world is in idle state; waiting for Putin's commands, waiting for China's prognosis to the next years,  ... or just waiting for Easter holidays ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: