Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:35:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT VS NEM  (Read 14346 times)
j23a

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:09:10 PM

I like both coins.

But what I don't see people mentioning here is that what's separating Nem is the large number of enthusiastic stake holders who are very active when it comes to the coin. As well as all the people still trying to get a stake, when they become available.

There's just a lot of buzz and activity, much more than any other coin. And that's really what's separating it.

I also think that it's giving a boost to NXT, at least in name recognition. And that's important.

What people on the NXT side have to do is not try to make this into a war where people choose a side.

The fact of the matter is that they both share completely different code, just like Ethereum and eMunie. Yet we don't see any wars with those coins.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vytasz7

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:11:17 PM

in a few years 5 month difference might not be that big ,the difference could be who makes less mistakes
j23a

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:11:41 PM

Promises very often look better than realization but I wish NEM the best, also Nxt. I am holder of both (if my Nem stake promise will be fulfilled).

Yes i have to agree. If NEM delivers all promises, then quite some time will have passed, and by that time, some killer features of NXT will be in existence. And at that moment, NEM will be one generation behind. I fear it will always be 1 generation behind.

Nem has had a bigger budget to work with. I don't think they will be behind, and I think they will be very close on launch.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 06:12:11 PM

I like both coins.

But what I don't see people mentioning here is that what's separating Nem is the large number of enthusiastic stake holders who are very active when it comes to the coin. As well as all the people still trying to get a stake, when they become available.

There's just a lot of buzz and activity, much more than any other coin. And that's really what's separating it.

I also think that it's giving a boost to NXT, at least in name recognition. And that's important.

What people on the NXT side have to do is not try to make this into a war where people choose a side.

The fact of the matter is that they both share completely different code, just like Ethereum and eMunie. Yet we don't see any wars with those coins.

Most NXT supporters want the competition. Originally it was thought that NEM will be a fork, so all NXT holders pretty much have reserved a stake. I can only speek for myself, but we don't hate on any coin, we just like to call out coins, that do not bring anything new to the table Wink

Also eMunie is one of the most hated coins on the market, and it hasnt even officially launched!

j23a

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:15:57 PM

I like both coins.

Most NXT supporters want the competition. Originally it was thought that NEM will be a fork, so all NXT holders pretty much have reserved a stake. I can only speek for myself, but we don't hate on any coin, we just like to call out coins, that do not bring anything new to the table Wink

Also eMunie is one of the most hated coins on the market, and it hasnt even officially launched!

I happen to like eMunie, because they're trying something very original. Unfortunately I can't invest.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 06:21:59 PM

I like both coins.

I happen to like eMunie, because they're trying something very original. Unfortunately I can't invest.

It is not so much what they do, it is more about how they do it!

j23a

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:46:48 PM

I like both coins.

It is not so much what they do, it is more about how they do it!

I haven't followed them in a long while, I just love the idea of something that fight volatility. An idea to stop whales. Don't know if it's something that would work, but I just like that it's being tried.

V8x8d

Activity: 212
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:47:50 PM

What has NXT actually delivered so far? I see many promises but few results (FYI, I hold NXT but have been losing faith lately).
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:52:18 PM

What has NXT actually delivered so far? I see many promises but few results (FYI, I hold NXT but have been losing faith lately).

Go here:
https://nxtforum.org/

To the technical discussion part and recover instantaneously your faith. Promised!  Cheesy
jackedwhite

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:57:47 PM

The problem with nxt is that the distribution makes it so that the community is created and policed by people with large interest in the market cap of nxt and absolutely nothing else.  So that means that anything that makes nxt look bad will be ignored or pushed aside in some manner.  In theory NEM could avoid this and have a culture more like Doge.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 07:04:14 PM

You mean like alias, messages, working POS, 9 different clients, a working AE in testnet, a partially working Multisiggateway, a big and active community, a brilliant dev team?

What more do you expect from a 5 months old currency?

Rofl, people and their expectation^^ BTC needs 2 years to decide if they want to lower fees....

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 07:05:34 PM

The problem with nxt is that the distribution makes it so that the community is created and policed by people with large interest in the market cap of nxt and absolutely nothing else.  So that means that anything that makes nxt look bad will be ignored or pushed aside in some manner.  In theory NEM could avoid this and have a culture more like Doge.

That is bullshit. Show me where we pushed aside valid concerns? There are some trolls that want to hurt NXT and we a rough with them, why would we stay polite?

What exactely has DOGE done on a technical aspect? They are a 100% fork with NO INNOVATION AT ALL.

But yeah, gratz, they donated a buch of coins!!!!

TauMuon

Activity: 224

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:07:28 PM

It's obviously impossible to accurately say. I'm personally thinking NEM will be the largest one in the future, for the following reasons:
  • Better initial distribution. 3000 as opposed to 73.
  • Improved forging method, 'Proof of Importance'. The person most important to the nextwork will recieve the most coins, not the person with the most coins. This discourages hoarding, and encourages its use as an actual currency.
  • The stakeholder community of NEM is very enthusiastic, friendly and helpful, a far cry from NXT's stakeholders.
  • An easy-to-use one-click-install client on launch, with a focus on ease-of-use.
  • A fully-functioning asset exchange on launch.
  • NEM has philosophies of charity and fairness, with 10% of the supply dedicated to charity and giveaways, chosen by the community. A cryptocurrency built upon values like these is a cryptocurrency I want to be part of; not one where the founder has disappeared and the stakeholders (holding a vast quantity of coins) are silently waiting to dump, get rich and leave.
For more info on NEM's technical specifications, read the development plan here. A whitepaper will be made when the code is finished, within a couple of months.

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
instacalm

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:09:41 PM

You mean like alias, messages, working POS, 9 different clients, a working AE in testnet, a partially working Multisiggateway, a big and active community, a brilliant dev team?

+1

A fully-functioning asset exchange on launch.

Cool, got a link to see its current state of development? Thank you
TauMuon

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:15:02 PM

Quote from: instacash
A fully-functioning asset exchange on launch.

Cool, got a link to see its state of development? Thank you

There will be nothing physical to show until the launch of the alpha client for testing later this month, but it is listed here as one of the features which will be available at launch, along with secure messaging.

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
jackedwhite

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:18:19 PM

That is bullshit. Show me where we pushed aside valid concerns? There are some trolls that want to hurt NXT and we a rough with them, why would we stay polite?

What exactely has DOGE done on a technical aspect? They are a 100% fork with NO INNOVATION AT ALL.

It Is not bs. I've seen posts on nxt forums where someone was trying to understand why the block containing their transaction was not receiving confirmations.  Their post received 0 usefu replies and appeared to be editted when the person added new info to prevent bumping.  Maybe the problen was they went to the wrong forum instead of bitcointalk ?

As far as DOGE, I am no fan but somehow their marketing took off.  You should learn from them and not be pointlessly dismissive.
TauMuon

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:21:46 PM

It Is not bs. I've seen posts on nxt forums where someone was trying to understand why the block containing their transaction was not receiving confirmations.  Their post received 0 usefu replies and appeared to be editted when the person added new info to prevent intentional/unintentional bumping.  Maybe the problen was they went to the wrong forum.

As far as DOGE, I am no fan but somehow their marketing took off.  You should learn from them and not be pointlessly dismissive.

C'mon, some posts by some people cannot be used to label the entirety of NXT's community as heartless and careless people who care only about marketcap. Let's keep things from getting into a fight here! Smiley

Personally I'm hoping NEM or NXT take off for their technical superiority to first-generation PoW coins, rather than for some cheesy, gimmicky media campaign involving dogs and broken English.

instacalm

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:22:30 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 07:32:39 PM by instacash

It Is not bs. I've seen posts on nxt forums where someone was trying to understand why the block containing their transaction was not receiving confirmations.  Their post received 0 usefu replies (...)  You should learn from them and not be pointlessly dismissive.

Hi jackedwhite, you're generalising. Nxt is a decentralised community whose members have a wide variety of attitudes and opinions... Nem is no different. Overall I personally feel that Nxt's community is very friendly and helpful -- its strong opponents are often times not. Wink
ashapasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:28:41 PM

It's obviously impossible to accurately say. I'm personally thinking NEM will be the largest one in the future, for the following reasons:
  • Better initial distribution. 3000 as opposed to 73.
  • Improved forging method, 'Proof of Importance'. The person most important to the nextwork will recieve the most coins, not the person with the most coins. This discourages hoarding, and encourages its use as an actual currency.
  • The stakeholder community of NEM is very enthusiastic, friendly and helpful, a far cry from NXT's stakeholders.
  • An easy-to-use one-click-install client on launch, with a focus on ease-of-use.
  • A fully-functioning asset exchange on launch.
  • NEM has philosophies of charity and fairness, with 10% of the supply dedicated to charity and giveaways, chosen by the community. A cryptocurrency built upon values like these is a cryptocurrency I want to be part of; not one where the founder has disappeared and the stakeholders (holding a vast quantity of coins) are silently waiting to dump, get rich and leave.
For more info on NEM's technical specifications, read the development plan here. A whitepaper will be made when the code is finished, within a couple of months.

Wow  Cheesy you said it so much better than me. I just agree with what this guy just said lol
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:34:35 PM

Rofl, people and their expectation^^ BTC needs 2 years to decide if they want to lower fees....

People want it now. Wink

I do not think that the original IPO will be a problem for the average Joe. Joe is always late, so no IPO as distributed as it can be will help.

Btw. I think the few big stakeholders are better, because they are more committed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringelmann_effect
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: