Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:57:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Prediction: Breaking $500 within 24 hours  (Read 13187 times)
K128kevin2

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 01:41:52 PM

you are not accurate at all, like someone said, looking at todays price is not the same as looking at future, you can not predict price, when will you realise that ? this is not sports and you know your odds (proximately) and put a bet on whatever you think might win. This is financial market, where price is only about supply and demand. We can estimate supply, but you will never know the demand.

Historic prices are absolutely an indicator of future prices. This system is not perfect and it will certainly be wrong sometimes, but it is absolutely possible to predict prices reasonably well. Prices fluctuations aren't random - they occur in patterns. Regardless of what causes these patterns, they are recurring patterns which means they are predictable. Just because you and I can't see these patterns when we look at the data doesn't mean prices are random. And anything that is not random is predictable (i.e. everything). The neural network I have here certainly has room for improvement and I'm working on doing that now, but it still does reasonably well - better than any human would come close to doing.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
r34tr783tr78

Activity: 481
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:09:51 PM

reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing it
Or, it's a damn luck when the facts don't go our way.

dunchy

Activity: 299

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 04:40:55 PM

I don't think this works. But anyway, I like your attitude. Read some of the comments from your website and I see you're really open to describe the algo. Thanks!

What are  other methods that might be applicable for this ? Can you recommend some literature or place on the web ?
K128kevin2

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:41:48 PM

I don't think this works. But anyway, I like your attitude. Read some of the comments from your website and I see you're really open to describe the algo. Thanks!

What are  other methods that might be applicable for this ? Can you recommend some literature or place on the web ?

Haha well I'm glad you are supportive!

Another method that has been thrown around, which would require a significant period of time collecting data, would be to incorporate data from news sources. I believe that keeping track of the number of certain types of words that appear on Twitter or in other places on the internet could be extremely effective in predicting price movement. This data would be used in addition to historic data as inputs to the neural network. The only problem is that for this to be effective, you would need to collect data for at least half a year or so, and even then it would still be far from an ideal amount of data.

As far as literature, I learned about neural networks in a class at school, but our textbook is a pretty good source of information about them. You can find it online somewhere or torrent it for free. This is the book: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_Intelligence:_A_Modern_Approach

The book talks about a lot more than just neural networks, and it's a pretty good resource about AI.
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 04:12:59 PM

Why not start with just one data stream - perhaps Twitter? See how it correlates in the broad strokes and add to it bit by bit.
Also don't forget blockchain.info charts.
K128kevin2

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:26:49 AM

Why not start with just one data stream - perhaps Twitter? See how it correlates in the broad strokes and add to it bit by bit.
Also don't forget blockchain.info charts.

Yeah I plan to start collecting data from Twitter at some point, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Like I've said though, it will be a while before there is enough data to make reasonable predictions.

Oh and the big logistical issue is that once I write a program for collecting Twitter data, I need something for it to run on 24/7. Might just have to buy another VPS.
DustyRah

Activity: 530

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:43:41 AM

You are an idiot to try and claim that you can predict BTC. That will be all.
cech4204a

Activity: 252

12CDKyxPyL5Rj28ed2yz5czJf3Dr2ZvEYw

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 07:38:27 AM

when will people realise that predicting price is imposible? nobody will ever know how to predict price on independent market, thats the fact. If that would be posible, nobody would ever be on that market for trading. Trading is about hope, no certainty here. People are affected by emotions, they are irrational and so on...

Bitcoin is DEAD
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 08:10:47 AM

when will people realise that predicting price is imposible? nobody will ever know how to predict price on independent market, thats the fact. If that would be posible, nobody would ever be on that market for trading. Trading is about hope, no certainty here. People are affected by emotions, they are irrational and so on...

Predicting a given price at a given time accurately is impossible.
However, it is clearly possible to understand broad trends and even micro-trends. If you don't understand this then get yourself a book on elementary technical analysis.
None of this is rocket science or magic. It's simply about understanding what the trend is and how trends are changing before most other speculators pick up on it. A little bit like forecasting the weather from changes in air density, perhaps. If you know what you are looking for then you can gain a very good idea of what's going to happen in the near future. The weather is part of a complex system, too. But you wouldn't suggest that no one is capable of predicting with a reasonable degree of success whether it's going to rain tomorrow, assuming they're using the right tools?
cech4204a

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 08:26:49 AM

However, it is clearly possible to understand broad trends and even micro-trends. If you don't understand this then get yourself a book on elementary technical analysis.
None of this is rocket science or magic. It's simply about understanding what the trend is and how trends are changing before most other speculators pick up on it. A little bit like forecasting the weather from changes in air density, perhaps. If you know what you are looking for then you can gain a very good idea of what's going to happen in the near future. The weather is part of a complex system, too. But you wouldn't suggest that no one is capable of predicting with a reasonable degree of success whether it's going to rain tomorrow, assuming they're using the right tools?

ok tell me than, wise man, will be the price in 1 week from now higher or lower than 450$ ? and please don't compare weather with market, it's not the same (btw, i'm master in finance and i know what you are talking about, but predicting trends for future ? not in BTC market).

Bitcoin is DEAD
Asrael999

Activity: 703
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:02:25 AM

ok tell me than, wise man, will be the price in 1 week from now higher or lower than 450$ ? and please don't compare weather with market, it's not the same (btw, i'm master in finance and i know what you are talking about, but predicting trends for future ? not in BTC market).

Oooh a 50/50 coin toss - I will go lower as an emotional hedge.
I can be happy if the price has gone up as I own bitcoin and I can be happy if the price has gone down as I was right.  Cheesy
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 09:29:07 AM

Well you just totally destroyed that straw man.
I don't know. I'm not a trader. Or a weatherman. If I guess correctly, will you admit I'm right? If I guess wrong, will you take this as confirmation that you were right? If not, this test might be a bit asymmetric...
But you've already said you know what I mean.
For what it's worth, it does look like we are coming to the end of a five-month downtrend in the next week or two, if we haven't already. So if I was a trader, I'd be seriously considering going long at this point. I certainly wouldn't rule out another dip first and would keep an option open for sub-400, though curiously that is looking less and less likely. I'm happy to concede that (if it doesn't happen) I had called that one wrong. But claiming that bitcoin is just totally unpredictable (do you mean random?) doesn't make sense to me. You only have to look at the chart on the front page of Stamp to get an overall sense of what's going on. Plus, as a master in Finance, I'm sure you've studied bubbles and the similarities between them.
TrailingComet

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:38:10 AM

I will bet against

Think we will be $350 to $450 for the next week or two

boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 11:23:57 AM

I will bet against

Think we will be $350 to $450 for the next week or two

The prediction was April 03 and he lost

akujin

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:27:15 AM

idiot  Grin

BTC: 165rKPfGJ3ndrG1QziHR6ACnViP4EQHNK7
LTC: LMysGMFjmF9gR9RzStij74msXrDP1NqW8X
DOGE: DRZXGgcKN8kANwko3VycsBVVGqfy6XsSpM
cech4204a

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 12:16:47 PM

I don't know. I'm not a trader. Or a weatherman. If I guess correctly, will you admit I'm right? If I guess wrong, will you take this as confirmation that you were right? If not, this test might be a bit asymmetric...
For what it's worth, it does look like we are coming to the end of a five-month downtrend in the next week or two, if we haven't already. So if I was a trader, I'd be seriously considering going long at this point. I certainly wouldn't rule out another dip first and would keep an option open for sub-400, though curiously that is looking less and less likely. I'm happy to concede that (if it doesn't happen) I had called that one wrong. But claiming that bitcoin is just totally unpredictable (do you mean random?) doesn't make sense to me. You only have to look at the chart on the front page of Stamp to get an overall sense of what's going on. Plus, as a master in Finance, I'm sure you've studied bubbles and the similarities between them.

Bubles are natural, even in nature bubles happen (example is population of mices on island) , here on the long run another will happen, but we can not tell when and how big one...we can just put tumb up or down thats all...and might be wrong

Bitcoin is DEAD
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 12:32:07 PM

Bubles are natural, even in nature bubles happen (example is population of mices on island) , here on the long run another will happen, but we can not tell when and how big one...we can just put tumb up or down thats all...and might be wrong

That's the one point you come back on?!
Top of a bubble, the price goes down. Unsustainable growth, near vertical price rise -> pop, crash. Like has just happened. That I consider predictable. You, by all accounts, don't.
Come on, if you're going to challenge someone on something that is so obvious to the majority that it barely needs stating, then at least give me something to work with.
akujin

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:39:09 PM

Don't waste your time with that idiot... Look at him harrassing our poor chartbuddy..  Angry

well, we can see that even if you didn't post it....

Grin Grin Grin

BTC: 165rKPfGJ3ndrG1QziHR6ACnViP4EQHNK7
LTC: LMysGMFjmF9gR9RzStij74msXrDP1NqW8X
DOGE: DRZXGgcKN8kANwko3VycsBVVGqfy6XsSpM
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 12:42:48 PM

Don't waste your time with that idiot... Look at him harrassing our poor chartbuddy..  Angry

well, we can see that even if you didn't post it....

Grin Grin Grin

I'll not dirty my hands with anyone who hassles chartbuddy. Angry
K128kevin2

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:05:31 PM

You can say what you want about the predictions that my site is making right now, but predicting prices is absolutely possible. I find it completely ridiculous that anybody would think otherwise. We've created technology that can make cars drive themselves, we have phones with high definition touch screens that we carry in our pockets, and we've LITERALLY gone to the moon, yet you think predicting the price of bitcoin is impossible?

Anything that has an underlying cause is predictable, and literally everything has an underlying cause, therefore literally everything is predictable. Maybe not everything is predictable in practice, but bitcoin certainly is. The major factors that affect the price are absolutely measurable - it's just a matter of collecting all of the data and using it properly.

Honestly, to think that it is impossible to predict bitcoin prices is naive. We have done so many things that are much more amazing than this.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: