Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:18:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: F*ck China! :-) (curren situation...?  (Read 3838 times)
Mikcik (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:30:48 PM

Im getting tired and confused with the stupid situation in china... whats your take on this...
Russia did banned bitcoin, right? (after the innitial denial and saying it was just a hoax it managed to "break through" as beeing a truth, if im not mistaken?)
China is ally with Russia... if it was ok with Russia banning bitcoin (for some reason) theres a chance China will follow (they both are members of BRICS)
China did somehow "prohibited" the use of bitcoin in december i think... but the exchanges managed to find a LOOPHOLE... not a persistand solution... china knows about the loophole and due to its byrocratical processes and slowness, it managed to react just now...

And all the "rumours" about it being banned...

So what are you all talking about it... i think theresa reasonable chance (above 50%) that this all is true...

China i belive DID already cleared their stance on BTC in december... and now its just "reminding"...

what do you think, i sold half of my BTC and put buy back orders at lower values.
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:36:12 PM

Im getting tired and confused with the stupid situation in china... whats your take on this...
Russia did banned bitcoin, right? (after the innitial denial and saying it was just a hoax it managed to "break through" as beeing a truth, if im not mistaken?)

My take is that Communist countries are not good markets for Bitcoin.
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 04:37:24 PM

Pretty much this. Places where governments tell people what to do and how to do it.. not a good environment for a currency specifically designed to liberate and empower individuals.

Bitcoin is the democratization of money. It should come as no surprise to anyone that the enemies of democracy are hostile to Bitcoin.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:38:38 PM

Well... Bitcoin was banned in Iceland and Thailand also.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:39:25 PM

My take on it is that now I have a better understanding about how countries with language barrier end up miscommunicating sometimes and go to war.  I seriously had no idea it was so difficult for people in the West to understand what people in the East were writing and saying.  Who knew!?

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:39:36 PM

Pretty much this. Places where governments tell people what to do and how to do it.. not a good environment for a currency specifically designed to liberate and empower individuals.

Vivia la revolution?  Oh ya nvm they took the items out of the hands of the public that allowed that.
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 04:44:02 PM

Vivia la revolution?  Oh ya nvm they took the items out of the hands of the public that allowed that.
And Satoshi invented the items (cryptocurrencies) and put them back into our hands. All we need do is pick them up and use them.

We owe this person(s) a great debt of gratitude.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
LAMarcellus

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:55:17 PM

My understanding is that neither China nor Russia "banned" bitcoin.
Rather the government officials there decided that commercial banks can not participate in or enable bitcoin.
 Huh
I could be wrong on both accounts.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. – Albert Camus
Mikcik (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:55:40 PM

My take on it is that now I have a better understanding about how countries with language barrier end up miscommunicating sometimes and go to war.  I seriously had no idea it was so difficult for people in the West to understand what people in the East were writing and saying.  Who knew!?

How do you mean this... are you chinnesse... do you have "correct translations" of the recent news... so whats the stance of PBOC? (peopel bank of china)
Mikcik (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:56:55 PM

Rather the government officials there decided that commercial banks can not participate in or enable bitcoin.
 Huh

no i belive you are wrong, that was the first impression but the result really was i belive that even individuals are not allowed to use BTC russia.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:57:20 PM

...what do you think, i sold half of my BTC and put buy back orders at lower values.

The China story is old and tired.
BTC will probably not go below $400.
The chance to buy low is now.

atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:58:02 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 05:23:33 PM by atp1916

Huh

This is accurate.  

They basically have decoupled the virtual currency markets from their fiat markets and imposed bans on any sort of bridging between the 2.

Because sellers are not able to cash out to the fiat market, noone in their right minds would take virtual currency as payment for even a loaf of bread.  Also, because of the ban, no financial institution would dare set up an account to "host" such an endeavor and no payment processor would dare exchange that company's virtual currency profit into fiat.

However, the exchanges will still exist and people can still trade virtual currencies et all, but will have to cash out somewhere else.  Given China's and Russia's love of capital controls in order to "protect" their respective fiat currencies, this is no trivial exercise.
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 05:03:19 PM

Indeed. I was thinking we were going to see 300-350 before this crash was over, but now I'm not so sure... sucks because I was holding out for 350 to buy more, and I think I've missed my opportunity.

BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:25:39 PM

right, BTC is friendly in communist country
many communist gov banned BTC : china, vietnam, russia <-- is this country still communist?

Well... Bitcoin was banned in Iceland and Thailand also.
Iceland? they banned bitcoin and allow auroracoin?

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ujka

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:25:44 PM

http://bitlegal.net/
site tries to summarize 'the evolving regulatory landscape of virtual currency around the world.'
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:29:42 PM

thailand exchange opened again lately i think.

People will find ways to get their coins again.

Mikcik (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:14:35 PM

http://bitlegal.net/
site tries to summarize 'the evolving regulatory landscape of virtual currency around the world.'

great thanks!
Mikcik (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:16:17 PM

Indeed. I was thinking we were going to see 300-350 before this crash was over, but now I'm not so sure... sucks because I was holding out for 350 to buy more, and I think I've missed my opportunity.

i dont think so... i belive they (china) will ban or really tighten the control over bitcoin, and this will become evident at one point, probably some official announcment as it was in december and then the price will drop, the question is how much it will drop...
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:22:45 PM

That chart looks great  Smiley
Sorry you missed your target, the market still might retest the current low...

RockHound

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:29:28 PM

Same here, think a lot of folks thinking the same! Could go other way now;

If 14/15 April before "ban" goes down, Chinese bitcoiners might be inclined to panic pump the hell out of it, while they still legally can?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: