Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:51:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Today will be my last day using Mozilla Firefox or any Mozilla products...  (Read 8049 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 04:33:25 PM

I use firefox, and will continue to do so..! till i Find any particular reason to not to do so..! even If i think about switching to some other i can't find any other alternate..! Chrome  I hate.. Opera , safari... naah.. Firefox is way better ..! other than Firefox Tor is the only browser i use..! and The reasons you pointed out to switch from Firefox are not enough for me.
So the leader of a company which produced a browser which is the best in the market at protecting YOUR PRIVACY - is hounded and forced to resign by those which don't respect HIS PRIVACY.

And if you don't like it, you can use Chrome or IE.

Have to ponder that one.  Are the pro-gay-nazis in league with the NSA/totalitarians now?   I guess we have to add them to the thread on this forum about "are feminists and environmentalists hatable" or whatever it's name is.  But that's such a strange twist, that emerging from a world with a fair amount of hate of gays, into an accepting world, the activists of that subgroup would find themselves having shaped themselves into an eminently hatable category.

As said by Instapundit.com on this matter:  "Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich forced to resign for supporting traditional marriage laws. To be clear, for holding, in 2009, the view of gay marriage that Barack Obama held, instead of the view that Dick Cheney held."

I would like to make it clear I did not say "Boycott Firefox!". I like Firefox. Switching back and forth between firefox and chrome. They are both open source project. It was even a bit strange when firefox was not the default browser of Ubuntu but chromium (google "free" chrome) was, etc... The code is fine, etc, etc.

This attack will be very damaging for the lgbt community for years to come as people will start to watch out about what they say to whom and when.

That instapundit quote is amazing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:16:33 PM

Anyway the last time I used Mozilla was in 2010. I haven't used it for almost 4 years now. Chrome is much better.
Memory consumption of Chrome is too crazy.

So I'm using Crome at desktop, but Firefox is much better for my ativ smart pc pro tablet... Flock and K-Meleon development has been discontinued few years ago, so I'm still looking for suitable replacement. Roll Eyes
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 09:27:41 PM

I don't support government issuance of licenses to marry and divorce.

If Eich was wise he could have argued that he was trying to reduce slavery.

So speaking legalese BS is being brave and wise nowadays? How about "I will rather quit my job than bow to the pink mafia and lose my right of free speech?"

I think ending the government's control over our personal lives is a very brave stance.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:16:36 PM

This attack will be very damaging for the lgbt community for years to come as people will start to watch out about what they say to whom and when.
Why this so-called "lgbt community" creeps everywhere with their ideas?

http://www.3dnews.ru/assets/external/illustrations/2014/04/04/816229/Mozilla,-OKCupid-Notice.jpg

Who appointed them to represent the interests of these 8% of individuals in such violent way? By the way, I thought that Firefox it's a browser, and not the anal dildo.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:43:38 PM

http://www.3dnews.ru/assets/external/illustrations/2014/04/04/816229/Mozilla,-OKCupid-Notice.jpg

Who appointed them to represent the interests of these 8% of individuals in such violent way? By the way, I thought that Firefox it's a browser, and not the anal dildo.
I have to say here that of my gay and lesbian friends I don't know any that would support this creepiness.  Or they wouldn't admit it to me, at least.
bitco.in

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:56:28 PM

I wonder if all these social justice warriors realize that Obama was also against gay marriage at the exact same time this donation occurred.
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 11:30:08 PM

Anyway the last time I used Mozilla was in 2010. I haven't used it for almost 4 years now. Chrome is much better.

Wish I could upvote this!

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 03:49:46 PM

Maher: "There Is A Gay Mafia -- If You Cross Them, You Do Get Whacked"

In the online-only "Overtime" portion of his HBO show Real Time, host Bill Maher weighed in on the Mozilla controversy, and did not react in a way that you would think. Maher seemed to disagree with gay rights activists for targeting Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich because of a 2008 donation to support a ballot initiative that would ban same-sex marriage in California.

"Well, and he gave it when President Obama was still against gay marriage. So, I don't think it's very fair," Carrie Sheffield of Forbes said.

"Good point," Maher responded.

"I think there is a gay mafia," Maher said. "I think if you cross them, you do get whacked."

Transcript below.

MAHER: What do you think about the Mozilla CEO having to step down over his donation to a pro-Proposition 8 group.

The Mozilla -- which I'm wearing right now, by the way. I didn't know what Mozilla was. I saw it on my computer, but -- it's Firefix, right? It's the browser.

So this guy apparently does not want gay people to get married and he had to step down. What do you think of that, the question asks.

FMR. REP. TOM DAVIS (R-VA): Because he gave $1,000 eight years ago and it's come back to haunt him.

CARRIE SHEFFIELD, FORBES: Well, and he gave it when President Obama was still against gay marriage. So, I don't think it's very fair.

MAHER: Good point. Also, I think there is a gay mafia. I think if you cross them, you do get whacked.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/04/04/bill_maher_there_is_a_gay_mafia_if_you_cross_them_you_do_get_whacked.html

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 03:55:55 PM

Now it seems it is. Next, it would be wise for the Firefox team to block any website against same sex marriage directly from their browser. Just add a black list of URLs that is against their views, for the safety of their Firefox users... And the children!
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 03:58:09 PM

I have to say here that of my gay and lesbian friends I don't know any that would support this creepiness.  Or they wouldn't admit it to me, at least.

So then the only way to know that is for your friends to speak out as their silence comforts the pink mafia.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:37:10 PM

“We are pleased that OkCupid’s boycott has brought tremendous awareness to the critical matter of equal rights for all individuals and partnerships; today’s decision reaffirms Mozilla’s commitment to that cause. We are satisfied that Mozilla will be taking a number of further affirmative steps to support the equality of all relationships.”

http://mashable.com/2014/04/03/okcupid-satisfied-with-news-of-mozilla-ceos-resignation/?utm_medium=feed&utm_source=rss
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 07:02:06 PM

Purge the Bigot

Brendan Eich is just the beginning. Let’s oust everyone who donated to the campaign against gay marriage.

Some of my colleagues are celebrating. They call Eich a bigot who got what he deserved. I agree. But let’s not stop here. If we’re serious about enforcing the new standard, thousands of other employees who donated to the same anti-gay ballot measure must be punished.

More than 35,000 people gave money to the campaign for Proposition 8, the 2008 ballot measure that declared, “Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California.” You can download the entire list, via the Los Angeles Times, as a compressed spreadsheet. (Click the link that says, “Download CSV.”) Each row lists the donor’s employer. If you organize the data by company, you can add up the total number of donors and dollars that came from people associated with that company.

The first thing you’ll notice, if you search for Eich, is that he’s the only Mozilla employee who gave to the campaign for Prop 8. His $1,000 was more than canceled out by three Mozilla employees who donated to the other side.

The next thing you’ll notice is that other companies, including other tech firms, substantially outscored Mozilla in pro-Prop 8 contributions attributed to their employees. That includes Adobe, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Oracle, Sun Microsystems, and Yahoo, as well as Disney, DreamWorks, Gap, and Warner Bros.

Thirty-seven companies in the database are linked to more than 1,300 employees who gave nearly $1 million in combined contributions to the campaign for Prop 8. Twenty-five tech companies are linked to 435 employees who gave more than $300,000. Many of these employees gave $1,000 apiece, if not more. Some, like Eich, are probably senior executives.

Why do these bigots still have jobs? Let’s go get them.

To organize the next stage of the purge, I’ve compiled the financial data into three tables. Here’s the first table. It shows 37 companies whose names, in one form or another, appear next to a total of at least $10,000 (per company) in donations to Prop 8. The list isn’t complete, but it’s a start.

The next table, below, shows 25 tech companies whose employees donated to the campaign for Prop 8. Again, the list isn’t exhaustive. But every one of these companies outscored Mozilla in associated contributions to Prop 8.

The last table, below, shows several other companies that didn’t hit the $10,000 threshold but did surpass Mozilla in money for Prop 8. Some of them might surprise you.

The numbers in these tables don’t represent contributions from the companies. (All the money came from individuals.) Nor do they reflect the balance of contributions that came from a company’s employees. (I haven’t added up the donations that went to the campaign against Prop 8.) A quick glance here and there suggests that in many cases, the balance of contributions from these companies went against the ballot measure.

But those caveats are true of Mozilla, too. And we’re not cutting Mozilla any slack, are we?

If we’re serious about taking down corporate officers who supported Proposition 8, and boycotting employers who promote them, we'd better get cracking on the rest of the list. Otherwise, perhaps we should put down the pitchforks.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/frame_game/2014/04/brendan_eich_quits_mozilla_let_s_purge_all_the_antigay_donors_to_prop_8.2.html

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 09:28:19 PM

So speaking legalese BS is being brave and wise nowadays? How about "I will rather quit my job than bow to the pink mafia and lose my right of free speech?"

Speaking like an adult, as in anon's example, is more becoming for CEOs generally than incendiary rhetoric.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 09:57:56 PM

Cheesy
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 10:10:36 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2014, 10:31:44 PM by Nemo1024

Eich resignation as Mozilla CEO as messy as his appointment
Brendan Eich stepping down as CEO solves Mozilla's immediate publicity problem, but many are torn about consequences of losing him as a leader and free-speech implications.

The resignation of Brendan Eich as Mozilla's CEO is proving to be just about as thorny to handle as his position against gay marriage rights....
Why did anyone care?  Did he implement rules at the company somehow anti gay or is this just more Nazi brownshirt stuff?

I can honestly say "I don't support gay marriage", because, well, I've just never cared one way or the other in the least about it.  But I'd hate to be bullied into some kind of position...

Yep. Stupidity reigns again.

Ironically 60 years ago another techie suffered, but for being gay: Alan Turing. And now Brendan Eich for not supporting gay übermovement. Both are brilliant individuals and credit to humanity.

Can't people let personal views and personal preferences be just that - personal?

I am now considering switching from Mozilla for their intolerance. Might be a good time to go back to Opera.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 10:44:07 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 08:02:18 AM by Balthazar

Presto engine dead already. No Opera is just another Chromium clone.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 11:08:39 PM

Speaking like an adult, as in anon's example, is more becoming for CEOs generally than incendiary rhetoric.

So even if the dude never had a problem with any of the Mozilla team, gay or otherwise, he was supposed to lie about his position regarding gay marriage, saying he was sorry about his contribution he made 6 years ago?
He was not sorry. He was pushed and he quit. Anyway this is a perfect case of "social jurisprudence" as it will be used over and over toward the people who have public records about issues you would not agree with. So you don't believe in human made global warming? Sorry GTFO! you're fired!
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 11:13:37 PM

Chrome is clearly faster.
I use both and think Firefox was much better ~7 years ago.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 11:50:56 PM

Ridiculous to fight bigotry with more bigotry. Whole thing should've been left under the rug. A $1,000 donation is nothing -- it's like a police officer actually writing up a ticket if he sees someone jay-walking because he thinks it's so horrible that someone would break ANY law that they must be some type of bomb-lobbying anarchist mass-murderer who just doesn't give a fuck. Implications are only concerning because it's a polarizing issue which is blowing up way out of proportion, but it'll probably die down soon.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:37:35 AM

Ridiculous to fight bigotry with more bigotry. Whole thing should've been left under the rug. A $1,000 donation is nothing -- it's like a police officer actually writing up a ticket if he sees someone jay-walking because he thinks it's so horrible that someone would break ANY law that they must be some type of bomb-lobbying anarchist mass-murderer who just doesn't give a fuck. Implications are only concerning because it's a polarizing issue which is blowing up way out of proportion, but it'll probably die down soon.

The gay mafia is not going anywhere. Use Facebook and any public records at your own peril. Instead of going next door and have a chat, sharing your position and personal tragedy like in this example, the dog of social war were unleashed. Payback time for the gay mafia. She will of course pay her share of extortion money to please the pink mafia.

For now on watch out not to be "firefoxed" if you have a simple opinion.

http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-videos/New-Sellwood-store-stirs-gay-customer-service-controversy-253902051.html
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: