Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:16:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Today will be my last day using Mozilla Firefox or any Mozilla products...  (Read 8046 times)
Elerntta

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:27:59 AM

After this thread I am also going to stop using Mozilla and would use only Google Chrome and Tor!

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FasterStronger

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:31:56 AM

I don't understand why actually I should refuse from using Mozilla Firefox as it's truely the best Internet  browser !
As it was already mentioned   ' Some privacy or power-user plugins work better on Firefox.'
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:18:17 PM

I don't understand why actually I should refuse from using Mozilla Firefox as it's truely the best Internet  browser !
As it was already mentioned   ' Some privacy or power-user plugins work better on Firefox.'

Right.  All you might want to do is deprive Mozilla from making money from you using their browser.

Switch the search engine to DuckGoGo and starve the gay fascist beast.

http://www.yalelawtech.org/ip-in-the-digital-age/how-does-firefox-make-money-again/

Mozilla also secured rather lucrative deals with google and other popular search engines, such that whenever firefox provides a default search through these engines they get paid for the traffic generated, with the transactions monitored by the Mozilla Corporation. These deals account for over 80% of Mozilla’s funds.

http://www.extremetech.com/internet/92558-how-browsers-make-money-or-why-google-needs-firefox

Almost the entirety of Mozilla’s income — 97% of $104 million — arrives in the form of royalties from the Firefox search box, and the lion’s share (86%, $85 million) of those royalties are paid by the default search engine: Google.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:54:03 PM

This issue is madness; I honestly think there are more important things we should be worried about in this world than what CEO of whatever browser thinks about this or that.  Gay activists aren't fighting for marriage equality, they're fighting for marriage rights, and for this I feel no allegiance toward their cause; they don't care about having the ability to decide whether they'll marry same sex or opposite sex, they care about having permission from government to do so.  They have no quarrel with democracy otherwise, which makes them hypocrites, which makes their cause inevitably pointless as there can never be a majority vote on gay rights because there will never be a majority of gays in this world (assuming heterosexual/homosexual ratios remain as they are), there can only be a majority vote of agreeing not to use democracy against gays which makes democracy a pointless exercise in this respect as this vote occurs only in the minds and hearts of individuals.  You would think the LGBT crowd would understand this better than anyone but, nobody ever said politics was a rational sport.

Anyway, I think this will blow over and be forgotten by most people within a month.  Chik-fil-a is still around, after all.

Gay activism was never an issue to me but it made sense you have lobbyists defending what you believe in, no matter what (in this case pushing for more Government intrusion in your life from the pink mafia).
Now I lost total respect for them when I realized I would get news of gays being persecuted, beaten, hanged all over the world NOT from the gay activists. I mean NEVER. It was always from "right wing extremist websites" supposedly offended and crying for exorcism for anything gay.

That, to me, before the Firefox event, was madness.

Do a google search about gays in egypt and in the middle east, about gay persecution in the world. Hopefully I am wrong and a lot of results would come from gay activist websites.

Sure more important issues are at stake, but with multiple threads one could cover multiple issues at heart as you may have found out with me, maybe Smiley

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:00:32 PM

I shared why I would.
Never said you should not.

If you were reading through this thread and found nothing that would keep you from using it it would be perfectly fine. This thread is beyond the choice of a simple browser usage though.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:03:17 PM

Right.  All you might want to do is deprive Mozilla from making money from you using their browser.

Switch the search engine to DuckGoGo and starve the gay fascist beast.

http://www.yalelawtech.org/ip-in-the-digital-age/how-does-firefox-make-money-again/

Mozilla also secured rather lucrative deals with google and other popular search engines, such that whenever firefox provides a default search through these engines they get paid for the traffic generated, with the transactions monitored by the Mozilla Corporation. These deals account for over 80% of Mozilla’s funds.

http://www.extremetech.com/internet/92558-how-browsers-make-money-or-why-google-needs-firefox

Almost the entirety of Mozilla’s income — 97% of $104 million — arrives in the form of royalties from the Firefox search box, and the lion’s share (86%, $85 million) of those royalties are paid by the default search engine: Google.

Firefox is open source. A fork with a less tainted name is always possible.
Sanningcreet25

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:04:50 PM

Google chrome and tor should be the only browsers we use in this day and age. 
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:10:19 PM

Purge the Bigot

Brendan Eich is just the beginning. Let’s oust everyone who donated to the campaign against gay marriage.

Some of my colleagues are celebrating. They call Eich a bigot who got what he deserved. I agree. But let’s not stop here. If we’re serious about enforcing the new standard, thousands of other employees who donated to the same anti-gay ballot measure must be punished.

More than 35,000 people gave money to the campaign for Proposition 8, the 2008 ballot measure that declared, “Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California.” You can download the entire list, via the Los Angeles Times, as a compressed spreadsheet. (Click the link that says, “Download CSV.”) Each row lists the donor’s employer. If you organize the data by company, you can add up the total number of donors and dollars that came from people associated with that company.

The first thing you’ll notice, if you search for Eich, is that he’s the only Mozilla employee who gave to the campaign for Prop 8. His $1,000 was more than canceled out by three Mozilla employees who donated to the other side.

The next thing you’ll notice is that other companies, including other tech firms, substantially outscored Mozilla in pro-Prop 8 contributions attributed to their employees. That includes Adobe, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Oracle, Sun Microsystems, and Yahoo, as well as Disney, DreamWorks, Gap, and Warner Bros.

Thirty-seven companies in the database are linked to more than 1,300 employees who gave nearly $1 million in combined contributions to the campaign for Prop 8. Twenty-five tech companies are linked to 435 employees who gave more than $300,000. Many of these employees gave $1,000 apiece, if not more. Some, like Eich, are probably senior executives.

Why do these bigots still have jobs? Let’s go get them.

This guy is not radical enough. Clearly these companies also have thousands of employees who didn't donate to the campaign against prop. 8. So they're silently condoning this hatred. Everyone who doesn't donate at least $1000 to every pro gay rights campaign is a bigot and should be sacked from their job and banned from ever working again. /s Roll Eyes
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:12:04 PM

Or Chromium and Chromium OS Project?
Sanningcreet25

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:21:28 AM

Just downloaded Chromium now, Lets see how good it is.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:37:02 AM

Just downloaded Chromium now, Lets see how good it is.

What linux distro are you using?
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:54:57 PM

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2014/05/16/chrome-still-used-across-desktop-mobile-firefox-falls-safari-ie/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zero proofs that was a factor but... Thank you Pink Mafia for your hard work... Grin

Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:58:58 PM

This changed my views on a lot of things. I changed my position on a Texas proposal to require more transparency in campaign contributions. I now believe that there is some serious merit to keeping contributions secret.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:12:10 PM

This changed my views on a lot of things. I changed my position on a Texas proposal to require more transparency in campaign contributions. I now believe that there is some serious merit to keeping contributions secret.

If you change your position regarding more transparency then those people would have won. Don't forget he did nothing wrong and prop 8 was passed with a majority of voters in California. Only after a judge said that vote had no value. Transparency will not make them go away, i. e. the people you don't share your views with, but it will make everyone a bit less vampire looking and more sunshine lovers.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:10:29 AM

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2014/06/13/Intolerance-For-Christian-Views-Causing-Supporters-of-Mozilla-s-Eich-to-Stay-Mum

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: