Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:21:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Today will be my last day using Mozilla Firefox or any Mozilla products...  (Read 8049 times)
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:41:59 AM

Below is the best comment I have read about the controversy so far.
This was posted in response to someone celebrating the lynching in the comments section of Slate

Quote from: Aditya Vivek Barot

You are a lunatic. You lack the ability to construct apposite analogies. You are the fanatic Hiterlite determined to purge society of all dissent. You are the criminal that delights in the destruction of men of genius. Just like Goebbels, you cannot stand men that actually possess genius. Thus, the hatred of the lowest common denominator is turned upon all those who create and make this world a better place.

A man who is, in large part, responsible for the modern world and its convenience was purged by the hyena-like mob that is comprised of bigoted lunatics such as yourself.

Thanks to you, America is no different from Nazi Germany insofar as treatment of dissidents is concerned. And unlike Nazi Germany or Stalinist Russia, we don't even need a secret police since "men" such as yourself remain at the ready to tear down dissidents.

I don't care about this issue one way or the other. Since I don't believe in mass democracy, I don't even vote. Since I don't believe a secular state can even issue marriage licenses, I don't care about the person or persons eligible for the same.

However, I would never hound anyone on either side of the debate.

Why? Because I am a civilized man who believes that men cannot be punished for their deeply cherished opinions even if they militate against the prevailing structure of taboos.

You, sir, are a savage who is opposed to the Reformation, Renaissance and the Enlightenment. You are no different than a sadistic Church official delighting in the discovery and destruction of heretics.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:53:01 AM

This was posted in response to someone celebrating the lynching in the comments section of Slate

You are a lunatic. You lack the ability to construct apposite analogies. You are the fanatic Hiterlite determined to purge society of all dissent. You are the criminal that delights in the destruction of men of genius. Just like Goebbels, you cannot stand men that actually possess genius. Thus, the hatred of the lowest common denominator is turned upon all those who create and make this world a better place.

A man who is, in large part, responsible for the modern world and its convenience was purged by the hyena-like mob that is comprised of bigoted lunatics such as yourself.

Thanks to you, America is no different from Nazi Germany insofar as treatment of dissidents is concerned. And unlike Nazi Germany or Stalinist Russia, we don't even need a secret police since "men" such as yourself remain at the ready to tear down dissidents.

I don't care about this issue one way or the other. Since I don't believe in mass democracy, I don't even vote. Since I don't believe a secular state can even issue marriage licenses, I don't care about the person or persons eligible for the same.

Why? Because I am a civilized man who believes that men cannot be punished for their deeply cherished opinions even if they militate against the prevailing structure of taboos.

You, sir, are a savage who is opposed to the Reformation, Renaissance and the Enlightenment. You are no different than a sadistic Church official delighting in the discovery and destruction of heretics.

At least that's true if we substitute "San Francisco Commie Bay Area" with the "America" above.  The backlash generated indicates that a large percent of the country doesn't agree with them.

And when this matter was voted on in California, California didn't agree with them.
Jeezy911

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:07:30 AM

Jesus san fran is such a weird fucking place. Pretty sure we should give it to Mexico, all hope is lost there.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:27:40 AM

At least that's true if we substitute "San Francisco Commie Bay Area" with the "America" above.  The backlash generated indicates that a large percent of the country doesn't agree with them.

And when this matter was voted on in California, California didn't agree with them.

This thing is all over the place. Checking Ars tech. Their comment sections are on fire. Cnet.com, etc, etc...
So far it seems the "firefoxing cheerleaders" are all wishing this will be forgotten in a few days, downplaying it. Hard to forget such a subject when a lot of tech startups are using that "bigot's invention" everyday to make money.

Actually, maybe I should create a bumper sticker about that.
Slab Squathrust

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:59:22 AM

This whole incident is rather strange and somewhat disturbing.  Sure all parties were well within their rights in regards to their actions.  However, it is concerning that they would hound this guy over such a small donation 6 years ago.  Ironically this guy lost his job (this was obviously a forced resignation) because he held the same view as President Obama and not Dick Cheney at the time of his donation.  There is no evidence whatsoever that he allowed his feelings on gay marriage to impact those he worked with.  For all we know he may have supported civil unions and just wanted to protect the religious view of marriage.  Finally, its not like this wasn't common knowledge before his appointment.  It would appear that that dating site decided to spring this now as a publicity stunt.  This man was a small fish in a vast ocean and made the perfect target of opportunity.  Ultimately, it is a sobering lesson, never donate money to political causes if you are concerned about any future work prospects.  This incident shows that even the winners can be vindictive. 
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:20:49 AM

From another site just going to reuse this comment

Wow…we have reached a sad point in this country. A man makes a donation due to his personal beliefs and is ruined for it …The new America.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:23:40 AM

This whole incident is rather strange and somewhat disturbing.  Sure all parties were well within their rights in regards to their actions.  However, it is concerning that they would hound this guy over such a small donation 6 years ago.  Ironically this guy lost his job (this was obviously a forced resignation) because he held the same view as President Obama and not Dick Cheney at the time of his donation.  There is no evidence whatsoever that he allowed his feelings on gay marriage to impact those he worked with.  For all we know he may have supported civil unions and just wanted to protect the religious view of marriage.  Finally, its not like this wasn't common knowledge before his appointment.  It would appear that that dating site decided to spring this now as a publicity stunt.  This man was a small fish in a vast ocean and made the perfect target of opportunity.  Ultimately, it is a sobering lesson, never donate money to political causes if you are concerned about any future work prospects.  This incident shows that even the winners can be vindictive. 

Never give money to causes you believe to represent your views now to avoid the fear of being targeted in the future? How would political machines, unions, non profits would function then?
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:27:01 AM

Wow…we have reached a sad point in this country. A man makes a donation due to his personal beliefs and is ruined for it …The new America.

... Unlike an ex president and his wife sharing the exact same viewpoint but won't have to deal with any of this. Ever.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of the very same people who have jumped up and down with delight as Brandon Eich lost his job will doubtless be backing Hillary Clinton for president in 2016 if she runs.

The “Ready for Hillary” ranks are crowded with gay men – and good for them.

But it’s worth considering some consistency here.

If it is unconscionable to support a company whose CEO once donated to the cause against marriage equality, why is it not unconscionable to support a candidate who opposed marriage equality as recently as 2008, and who was an integral part of an administration that embraced the Defense Of Marriage Act, signed into law by Bill Clinton?

How do you weigh the relative impact of a president strongly backing DOMA – even running ads touting his support for it in the South – and an executive who spent $1000 for an anti-marriage equality Proposition?

http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2014/04/04/brandon-eich-and-hillary-clinton/

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:41:43 AM

Maybe Hillary will be too sick to run?

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:22:39 AM

I have read those rumors too. That's maybe why that trial balloon fake Indian Elizabeth Warren is being pushed quite a bit now.
Jeezy911

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:12:20 AM

I have read those rumors too. That's maybe why that trial balloon fake Indian Elizabeth Warren is being pushed quite a bit now.
Wouldn't it be nice if we could just get the best person for the job instead of pushing a new social boundary every election.  We gave it a shot under Obama, I would say he has done a pretty damn good job of sucking.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:18:14 AM

Wouldn't it be nice if we could just get the best person for the job instead of pushing a new social boundary every election.  We gave it a shot under Obama, I would say he has done a pretty damn good job of sucking.

But then K Street would be empty.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K_Street_(Washington,_D.C.)
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:55:19 AM

... Unlike an ex president and his wife sharing the exact same viewpoint but won't have to deal with any of this. Ever.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another comment from a CSM article is that  
“This is troubling because one’s politics is one’s own business,” “That’s been the rule in American business for a very long time.”
So it does concern me that this issue resulted in a firing.

“If we are about intimidating the free speech of others, we are no better than the anti-gay bullies who came before us,” laments blogger Andrew Sullivan (who is gay), in a widely circulated blog post.

After all has been said Intolerance won the day/ and a response to that
Not only intolerance but fascism also, caving in to a group who apparently feel they cannot be disagreed with.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2014/0405/Mozilla-s-Brendan-Eich-and-gay-marriage-Intolerance-over-tolerance-video
http://forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/1/2014/04/03/mozilla_brendan_eich_ceo_quits/

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 10:59:02 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 04:52:21 PM by Nemo1024

Choose your donations wisely  Grin

I strongly believe in conservation of species, endangered by human activity, and regularly donate to Durrell Wildlife conservation Trust (urging the others to do so as well - see my signature). That should be a politically safe donation too, unless, of course, there will come a political movement that advocates that only the strongest have the right to survive and that there is no place for species, who lose their fight against humans. Then conservationists might start being prosecuted as well...

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:45:08 PM

Choose your donations wisely  Grin

I strongly believe in conservation of species, engendered by human activity, and regularly donate to Durrell Wildlife conservation Trust (urging the others to do so as well - see my signature). That should be a politically safe donation too, unless, of course, there will come a political movement that advocates that only the strongest have the right to survive and that there is no place for species, who lose their fight against humans. Then conservationists might start being prosecuted as well...

"... I believe the conservation of species is a religion created to fight and destroy Darwinism, the De Facto fact based scientific non religious pure crystal clear palpable lab experienced LAW OF NATURE! Why conserve something Nature decided to kill? Human beings are part of Nature. For humans to destroy some species is the De Facto fact based scientific non religious pure crystal clear palpable lab experienced LAW OF NATURE! To go against it is Un-American. Thus the conservation of species philosopy is anti American. Why would anyone be hired by an anti American? Why would anyone hire an Anti American, those so called "speciesians"?. We need to make their donor list public and easily searchable. We need to shame those horrible vile creatures who are against science and let them know their views are not permitted and not welcome."

Wisely chosen indeed.... Mozilla and the pink mafia have opened the Pandora's box. Nothing will be safe. Smile now. It is coming.
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 04:55:44 PM

Where did you dig that citation from?  Shocked
"scientific non religious pure crystal clear palpable lab experienced"? What the hell does that mumbo-jumbo suppose to mean?  Grin

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:00:23 PM

...have opened the Pandora's box. Nothing will be safe. Smile now. It is coming.

Pandora should know to leave the box alone:

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:10:39 PM

Where did you dig that citation from?  Shocked
"scientific non religious pure crystal clear palpable lab experienced"? What the hell does that mumbo-jumbo suppose to mean?  Grin

It does not mean anything. But there is a lobby for everything.

You said your donation is safe. But not the one the ex CEO of Mozilla made 6 years ago. Actually his donation was very safe. Prop 8 was a victory. Meaning it was the belief of the majority of Californians 6 years ago. It was the belief of Obama 6 years ago. It was the belief of Biden 6 years ago. It was the belief of the Clintons 6 years ago. That right everyone has, was erased thanks to the pink mafia. It will be the basis of killing the livelihood of people in the future.

If your name is on a public database you will never know what could happen in the future. The thing is, every foundation is but one scandal away from being destroyed. What you do with your money is fine because you believe in "the cause". Now. But no donation is safe.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:13:54 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 07:27:05 PM by Spendulus

This whole incident is rather strange and somewhat disturbing.  Sure all parties were well within their rights in regards to their actions.  However, it is concerning that they would hound this guy over such a small donation 6 years ago.  Ironically this guy lost his job (this was obviously a forced resignation) because he held the same view as President Obama and not Dick Cheney at the time of his donation.  There is no evidence whatsoever that he allowed his feelings on gay marriage to impact those he worked with.  For all we know he may have supported civil unions and just wanted to protect the religious view of marriage.  Finally, its not like this wasn't common knowledge before his appointment.  It would appear that that dating site decided to spring this now as a publicity stunt.  This man was a small fish in a vast ocean and made the perfect target of opportunity.  Ultimately, it is a sobering lesson, never donate money to political causes if you are concerned about any future work prospects.  This incident shows that even the winners can be vindictive.  

Never give money to causes you believe to represent your views now to avoid the fear of being targeted in the future? How would political machines, unions, non profits would function then?

<<fictional narrative between enforcer and subject>>

You, sir are obviously not with the program.  You're seeking FAIR and JUST.  It's all about the narrative of the moment, kollarborating and reinforcing it and agreeing with it.  

Is it unfortunate that one random fish had to be gutted for the CAUSE?  Sure...but remember, there are a lot of important CAUSES, in the next several years, and we sure want people to know how we'll handle them if they vote wrong.  You know, chump, we wouldn't want you to think you could vote against the right person, the one we pick for you, would we?

So, see here, chumpie, you just watch out, and vote for the ones we signal you to.

Or else.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:23:06 PM

This whole incident is rather strange and somewhat disturbing.  Sure all parties were well within their rights in regards to their actions.  However, it is concerning that they would hound this guy over such a small donation 6 years ago.  Ironically this guy lost his job (this was obviously a forced resignation) because he held the same view as President Obama and not Dick Cheney at the time of his donation.  There is no evidence whatsoever that he allowed his feelings on gay marriage to impact those he worked with.  For all we know he may have supported civil unions and just wanted to protect the religious view of marriage.  Finally, its not like this wasn't common knowledge before his appointment.  It would appear that that dating site decided to spring this now as a publicity stunt.  This man was a small fish in a vast ocean and made the perfect target of opportunity.  Ultimately, it is a sobering lesson, never donate money to political causes if you are concerned about any future work prospects.  This incident shows that even the winners can be vindictive.  

<<fictional narrative between enforcer and subject>>

You, sir are obviously not with the program.  You're seeking FAIR and JUST.  It's all about the narrative of the moment, kollarborating and reinforcing it and agreeing with it.  

Is it unfortunate that one random fish had to be gutted for the CAUSE?  Sure...but remember, there are a lot of important CAUSES, in the next several years, and we sure want people to know how we'll handle them if they vote wrong.  You know, chump, we wouldn't want you to think you could vote again the right person, the one we pick for you, would we?

So, see here, chumpie, you just watch out, and vote for the ones we signal you to.

Or else.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: