Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:59:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Today will be my last day using Mozilla Firefox or any Mozilla products...  (Read 8049 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:39:20 PM

Here we go: Gay Activist John Aravosis Compares Gay Marriage Opponents to Holocaust Deniers

Radical gay activist John Aravosis was on Media Buzz this morning to discuss the Brendan Eich controversy. Eich was forced out of Mozilla this week after it became public that he donated to a traditional marriage campaign in 2008. Aravosis compared gay marriage opposition to Holocaust denial on Media Watch Sunday on FOX News.

“No one was attacking Brendan Eich in 2008. Today Brendan Eich wants to run a large American corporation. Having called for the repeal of 18,000 gay marriages… Barack Obama, we beat the be-Jesus out of that man on his position on marriage… What I am saying – Would you have a Holocaust denier as a CEO of a company?… If you think a Holocaust denier, if you think a Holocaust denier shouldn’t be a CEO of a company… It is outrageous”

http://youtu.be/RgndZ8FYzQs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:07:27 PM

Here we go: Gay Passivist John Aravosis Compares Gay Marriage Opponents to Holocaust Deniers
FTFY Cheesy

“No one was attacking Brendan Eich in 2008. Today Brendan Eich wants to run a large American corporation. Having called for the repeal of 18,000 gay marriages… Barack Obama, we beat the be-Jesus out of that man on his position on marriage… What I am saying – Would you have a Holocaust denier as a CEO of a company?… If you think a Holocaust denier, if you think a Holocaust denier shouldn’t be a CEO of a company… It is outrageous”
So, it's strictly forbidden to have an independent opinion and we have to admit the fags dictatorship? Well... It's a good example of megalomania. Seriously, it seems to me that something heavy fallen on his head a long time ago.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:40:52 PM

Here we go: Gay Passivist John Aravosis Compares Gay Marriage Opponents to Holocaust Deniers
FTFY Cheesy

So, it's strictly forbidden to have an independent opinion and we have to admit the fags dictatorship? Well... It's a good example of megalomania. Seriously, it seems to me that something heavy fallen on his head a long time ago.

Resistance is futile. GayBorg will ass... imilate you.
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:49:29 PM

Shit... Our weapons were ineffective, drones are becoming immune to its effects.  Shocked We need to catch John Aravosis and replace his program with self-destruction virus.  Roll Eyes
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:17:16 PM

Shit... Our weapons were ineffective, drones are becoming immune to its effects.  Shocked We need to catch John Aravosis and replace his program with self-destruction virus.  Roll Eyes

"Aravosis" is the name of one of the head... It will grow back.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:50:05 AM

If Mozilla was hoping to avoid controversy by edging out former CEO Brendan Eich, the company has most certainly failed. The graph below comes from the feedback page on their site. This chart goes back to when the comment system was adopted, and the highest number of “sad” comments is today, by a factor of about two. The second highest number came yesterday.

http://www.conservativeintel.com/2014/04/04/mozilla-sets-new-company-online-record-for-customer-dissatisfaction/
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:56:31 PM

Whatever side of the barricade you are, don't be misguided and ditch or smear Firefox.

This is the last large open source browser, spyware free. Chrome phones home, IE is closed source. Some privacy or power-user plugins work better on Firefox. The Firefox code base is also used on TorBrowser. I could go on ...

If you don't like Firefox because it's slow, look at http://www.waterfoxproject.org/

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:24:59 PM

Whatever side of the barricade you are, don't be misguided and ditch or smear Firefox.

This is the last large open source browser, spyware free. Chrome phones home, IE is closed source. Some privacy or power-user plugins work better on Firefox. The Firefox code base is also used on TorBrowser. I could go on ...

If you don't like Firefox because it's slow, look at http://www.waterfoxproject.org/

Chromium is much better. Default web browser on Ubuntu, not firefox.

Don't be misguided and support an open source project because people who share the JavaScript's inventor view are all bigots and so are you, holocaust denier!!!!  Yeah right. I shall pass.

The project is open source as you said. I shall wait for its forking moment, the apolitical ones, the LibreFOX version of it if that ever happen one day. OKcupid was targeting firefox users when they came to their website. How come you did not think it was misguided for them, OKCupid to play that card with the last large open source browser, spyware free project?

Firefox crew supports Intel, who's employees voted for Prop 8 with their donation. Firefox crew supports Obama, who never said in his political carrier back in 2008 he was for gay marriage. Firefox crew supports Don't ask don't tell bill Clinton and his wife.

Can't touch it. Tainted. Firefoxed.

Don't worry. I am just but a lonely voice. People will still use firefox.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:40:32 PM

Don't be misguided and support an open source project because people who share the JavaScript's inventor view are all bigots and so are you, holocaust denier!!!!  Yeah right. I shall pass.

The project is open source as you said. I shall wait for its forking moment, the apolitical ones, the LibreFOX version of it if that ever happen one day. OKcupid was targeting firefox users when they came to their website. How come you did not think it was misguided for them, OKCupid to play that card with the last large open source browser, spyware free project?

Firefox crew supports Intel, who's employees voted for Prop 8 with their donation. Firefox crew supports Obama, who never said in his political carrier back in 2008 he was for gay marriage. Firefox crew supports Don't ask don't tell bill Clinton and his wife.

Wtf is this "holocaust denier" B.S. associated with my reply???

Edit: ok, just read above. I don't make a big deal out of this cupid website or gay controversy, it's just internet drama for foreign people, I guess. I just don't want to see such a critical open-source project being dragged down

██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:45:47 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2014, 05:17:20 PM by Wilikon

Wtf is this "holocaust denier" B.S. associated with my reply???

Check out post #61. That was the argument used by the people defending what Mozilla did.

EDIT for EDIT #69: Firefox Dragged itself in that Drama Queen situation, keeping its closet down for a lot of people openly gay and happy about using an open source browser... It is tainted. Not just for foreign and illegal people in California...
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:54:58 PM

Results for #nozilla trending....

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23nozilla&src=typd

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 01:54:52 PM

I'm so glad <<NOT>> that our attention has been diverted from which browsers and methods of using the Internet are NSA and corporate spying resistent, and focused on namby pamby social issues.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:06:56 PM

I'm so glad <<NOT>> that our attention has been diverted from which browsers and methods of using the Internet are NSA and corporate spying resistent, and focused on namby pamby social issues.

NSA surveillance, as hypocrisy are topics I like to keep an eye on Or both at the same time.

Talking about hypocrisy, let's have a look at post #74 shall we?
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:07:50 PM

Last week, the online dating site OkCupid switched up its homepage for Mozilla Firefox users.Upon opening the site, a message appeared encouraging members to curb their use of Firefox because the company’s new CEO, Brendan Eich, allegedly opposes equality for gay couples—specifically, he donated $1000 to the campaign for the anti-gay Proposition 8 in 2008. “We’ve devoted the last ten years to bringing people—all people—together,” the message read. “If individuals like Mr. Eich had their way, then roughly 8% of the relationships we’ve worked so hard to bring about would be illegal.” The company’s action went viral, and within a few days, Eich had resigned as CEO of Mozilla only weeks after taking up the post. On Thursday, OkCupid released a statement saying “We are pleased that OkCupid’s boycott has brought tremendous awareness to the critical matter of equal rights for all individuals and partnerships.”

But there’s a hitch: OkCupid’s co-founder and CEO Sam Yagan once donated to an anti-gay candidate. (Yagan is also CEO of Match.com.) Specifically, Yagan donated $500 to Rep. Chris Cannon (R-Utah) in 2004, reports Uncrunched. During his time as congressman from 1997 to 2009, Cannon voted for a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage, against a ban on sexual-orientation based job discrimination, and for prohibition of gay adoptions.

He’s also voted for numerous anti-choice measures, earning a 0 percent rating from NARAL Pro Choice America. Among other measures, Cannon voted for laws prohibiting government from denying funds to medical facilities that withhold abortion information, stopping minors from crossing state lines to obtain an abortion, and banning family planning funding in US aid abroad. Cannon also earned a 7 percent rating from the ACLU for his poor civil rights voting record: He voted to amend FISA to allow warrant-less electronic surveillance, to allow NSA intelligence gathering without civil oversight, and to reauthorize the PATRIOT act.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2014/04/okcupid-ceo-donate-anti-gay-firefox
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:20:53 AM

Nice one Wilkon also article Update a bit after you posted basically saving his butt. A legitimate enough reason with hundreds of issues on the table knowing where a candidate stands on every single one would be difficult.

Update April 8, 2014, 12:30 p.m. PDT: OkCupid CEO Sam Yagan provided a statement to the SF Chronicle this morning clarifying the intentions behind his donation to Cannon and his stance on gay rights. Here it is in full:

A decade ago, I made a contribution to Representative Chris Cannon because he was the ranking Republican on the House subcommittee that oversaw the Internet and Intellectual Property, matters important to my business and our industry. I accept responsibility for not knowing where he stood on gay rights in particular; I unequivocally support marriage equality and I would not make that contribution again today.  However, a contribution made to a candidate with views on hundreds of issues has no equivalence to a contribution supporting Prop. 8, a single issue that has no purpose other than to affirmatively prohibit gay marriage, which I believe is a basic civil right.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:32:03 AM

It seems that now we need a good DDoS attack on OkCupid.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 07:21:12 AM

Nice one Wilkon also article Update a bit after you posted basically saving his butt. A legitimate enough reason with hundreds of issues on the table knowing where a candidate stands on every single one would be difficult.

Update April 8, 2014, 12:30 p.m. PDT: OkCupid CEO Sam Yagan provided a statement to the SF Chronicle this morning clarifying the intentions behind his donation to Cannon and his stance on gay rights. Here it is in full:

A decade ago, I made a contribution to Representative Chris Cannon because he was the ranking Republican on the House subcommittee that oversaw the Internet and Intellectual Property, matters important to my business and our industry. I accept responsibility for not knowing where he stood on gay rights in particular; I unequivocally support marriage equality and I would not make that contribution again today.  However, a contribution made to a candidate with views on hundreds of issues has no equivalence to a contribution supporting Prop. 8, a single issue that has no purpose other than to affirmatively prohibit gay marriage, which I believe is a basic civil right.

"Saving his butt"? He was never going to be a target from the pink mafia. Ever.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 09:21:11 AM

"Saving his butt"? He was never going to be a target from the pink mafia. Ever.

Really well after the Firefox Fiasco that would make sense, although you never know if he didn't make the statement they might have demanded it or his ouster lol.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:00:09 AM

This issue is madness; I honestly think there are more important things we should be worried about in this world than what CEO of whatever browser thinks about this or that.  Gay activists aren't fighting for marriage equality, they're fighting for marriage rights, and for this I feel no allegiance toward their cause; they don't care about having the ability to decide whether they'll marry same sex or opposite sex, they care about having permission from government to do so.  They have no quarrel with democracy otherwise, which makes them hypocrites, which makes their cause inevitably pointless as there can never be a majority vote on gay rights because there will never be a majority of gays in this world (assuming heterosexual/homosexual ratios remain as they are), there can only be a majority vote of agreeing not to use democracy against gays which makes democracy a pointless exercise in this respect as this vote occurs only in the minds and hearts of individuals.  You would think the LGBT crowd would understand this better than anyone but, nobody ever said politics was a rational sport.

Anyway, I think this will blow over and be forgotten by most people within a month.  Chik-fil-a is still around, after all.

EasySam

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:26:22 AM

Well I don't care what is his ideology or believes.

They should put pressure on politicians and fuck of normal people.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: