libert19
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1202
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
|
 |
October 04, 2026, 12:10:01 PM |
|
^ Holy moly! I thought you ignored my rest of points but you did not and that, 'i' thing is already implemented. Excellent stuff, good sir! Though, I don't think, 'NOT limited to 10' is necessary since it feels out of place for profiles having more score than that. ... There were 2 Merit counted twice by mistake I've temporarily fixed the bug for your profile. Others will likely have this issue as well. Yes they do. For example, Satofan44 has 1222 merits on BRDB but actually he has 1220. I hope there are no more serious bugs around the tool But I am aware that more will appear Yes sir. Life of a developer.
|
|
|
|
|
*Ace* (OP)
|
 |
October 04, 2026, 04:04:45 PM |
|
^ Holy moly! I thought you ignored my rest of points but you did not and that, 'i' thing is already implemented. Excellent stuff, good sir! Though, I don't think, 'NOT limited to 10' is necessary since it feels out of place for profiles having more score than that. ... There were 2 Merit counted twice by mistake I've temporarily fixed the bug for your profile. Others will likely have this issue as well. Yes they do. For example, Satofan44 has 1222 merits on BRDB but actually he has 1220. I hope there are no more serious bugs around the tool But I am aware that more will appear Yes sir. Life of a developer. I try to sort out and import all the feedback you give me, but I often forget to notify, last night I made a lot of changes, inserted new tools for the analysis of sigbans, the pizza day winners' ranking, fixed some bugs, and inserted the tooltips you proposed
|
|
|
|
DYING_S0UL
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1278
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translator - AOBT
|
 |
October 06, 2026, 09:21:30 PM Last edit: October 06, 2026, 10:00:04 PM by DYING_S0UL |
|
I try to sort out and import all the feedback you give me, but I often forget to notify, last night I made a lot of changes, inserted new tools for the analysis of sigbans, the pizza day winners' ranking, fixed some bugs, and inserted the tooltips you proposed
Hey Ace! What are your monthly costs right now to keep everything operational? I meant the combined cost of hosting, domain, VPS (I know about this part), and any other maintenance costs that I'm not aware of. It's just a curious question I had in mind. Seems like you have added literally everything into your database! Now the only thing that remains (most probably), is the addresses posted by every users on this forum! 
|
| EARNBET | | | ⚽ 🏀 🏈 🏓 🎯 🥊 |
| ⚾ 🎾 ⛳ 🏐 🏏 🏎️ | | |
███████▄▄███████████ ████▄██████████████████ ██▄▀▀███████████████▀▀███ █▄████████████████████████ ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄██ ███████████████████████████ █████████▌████▀████████████ ███████████████████████████ ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▀▀██ █▀█████████████████████▀██ ██▀▄▄███████████████▄▄███ ████▀██████████████████ ███████▀▀███████████ | ....HIGHEST.... VIP REWARDS ✔ G U A R A N T E E D
| | | 🜲 | KING OF THE CASTLE $200K in prizes | | | ..PLAY NOW.. |
|
|
|
|
*Ace* (OP)
|
 |
October 07, 2026, 05:26:04 AM |
|
I try to sort out and import all the feedback you give me, but I often forget to notify, last night I made a lot of changes, inserted new tools for the analysis of sigbans, the pizza day winners' ranking, fixed some bugs, and inserted the tooltips you proposed
Hey Ace! What are your monthly costs right now to keep everything operational? I meant the combined cost of hosting, domain, VPS (I know about this part), and any other maintenance costs that I'm not aware of. It's just a curious question I had in mind. Seems like you have added literally everything into your database! Now the only thing that remains (most probably), is the addresses posted by every users on this forum!  The total monthly costs are approximately €8.20 which includes the costs of the VPS and an additional 40GB of storage space. When I imported everything from loycev's site I had to expand the space . Instead I bought the domain for $14.99 per year. So the monthly cost for everything is around €9.50, more or less this should be the cost, I have not converted the cost of the domain into euros Honestly, I don't even know if it's a good value or if there's something better out there.
|
|
|
|
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 4186
Merit: 22908
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
|
 |
October 07, 2026, 11:21:10 AM |
|
Honestly, I don't even know if it's a good value or if there's something better out there. It depends on what specs you get for the price, and how reliable the provider is. I've seen cheap & terrible, I've seen cheap & decent, and I've seen expensive 
|
|
|
|
DYING_S0UL
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1278
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translator - AOBT
|
 |
October 07, 2026, 05:28:13 PM |
|
So the monthly cost for everything is around €9.50, more or less this should be the cost, I have not converted the cost of the domain into euros
I'm not any expert, but I think $10 is a good number! Even my electricity bill comes down to $25-40 (monthly), and my wifi costs around $8-10, so this is most likely a good deal. Now if you have a good enough desktop, you can reduce the cost of VPS by running your own VPS. Although, the setup would require non-stop internet, electricity and backup power in case of power outage and a bit of technicality, but it's definitely possible. I believe you have already experimented something similar with your mobile device. Am I correct? But again, you already have a good numbers on the cost, and running your own VPS might be a hassle! Anywway, you could always experiment, to quench your curiosity! That door is always open! I just love testing out new things you know. Unlocking the bootloader, flashing custom recovery, then CustomOS, rooting my device via Magisk or KernelSU, even installing Kali Linux one time (on a mobile device). I have tried all sorts of weird things. 
|
| EARNBET | | | ⚽ 🏀 🏈 🏓 🎯 🥊 |
| ⚾ 🎾 ⛳ 🏐 🏏 🏎️ | | |
███████▄▄███████████ ████▄██████████████████ ██▄▀▀███████████████▀▀███ █▄████████████████████████ ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄██ ███████████████████████████ █████████▌████▀████████████ ███████████████████████████ ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▀▀██ █▀█████████████████████▀██ ██▀▄▄███████████████▄▄███ ████▀██████████████████ ███████▀▀███████████ | ....HIGHEST.... VIP REWARDS ✔ G U A R A N T E E D
| | | 🜲 | KING OF THE CASTLE $200K in prizes | | | ..PLAY NOW.. |
|
|
|
libert19
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1202
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
|
 |
October 07, 2026, 05:41:33 PM |
|
^ I don't have much technical knowledge but I don't think running server at home is a good idea. Sounds absolute hassle for no good reason; even if it might be cheaper (which I don't think it will be compared to what *Ace* pays already), we often pay for convenience too.
|
|
|
|
DYING_S0UL
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1278
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translator - AOBT
|
 |
October 07, 2026, 06:16:22 PM |
|
^ I don't have much technical knowledge but I don't think running server at home is a good idea. Sounds absolute hassle for no good reason; even if it might be cheaper (which I don't think it will be compared to what *Ace* pays already), we often pay for convenience too.
Yeah, i agree! I might have gone too far with my suggestion. But i also believe that, it would have been a good experiment in the free time, like i usually do.  I genuinely wish Loyce would give us some of his insights on this matter. He is basically a powerhouse with all sorts of technical knowledge and tricks.
|
| EARNBET | | | ⚽ 🏀 🏈 🏓 🎯 🥊 |
| ⚾ 🎾 ⛳ 🏐 🏏 🏎️ | | |
███████▄▄███████████ ████▄██████████████████ ██▄▀▀███████████████▀▀███ █▄████████████████████████ ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄██ ███████████████████████████ █████████▌████▀████████████ ███████████████████████████ ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▀▀██ █▀█████████████████████▀██ ██▀▄▄███████████████▄▄███ ████▀██████████████████ ███████▀▀███████████ | ....HIGHEST.... VIP REWARDS ✔ G U A R A N T E E D
| | | 🜲 | KING OF THE CASTLE $200K in prizes | | | ..PLAY NOW.. |
|
|
|
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 4186
Merit: 22908
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
|
 |
October 07, 2026, 06:57:53 PM |
|
I genuinely wish Loyce would give us some of his insights on this matter. Self-hosting at home is great if you're sharing large amounts of data with friends, but terrible for anything privacy related.
|
|
|
|
Lillominato89
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1312
|
 |
October 07, 2026, 07:36:40 PM Merited by vapourminer (1) |
|
^ I don't have much technical knowledge but I don't think running server at home is a good idea. Sounds absolute hassle for no good reason; even if it might be cheaper (which I don't think it will be compared to what *Ace* pays already), we often pay for convenience too.
Yeah, i agree! I might have gone too far with my suggestion. But i also believe that, it would have been a good experiment in the free time, like i usually do.  I genuinely wish Loyce would give us some of his insights on this matter. He is basically a powerhouse with all sorts of technical knowledge and tricks. I really don’t know much about any of this, but I can safely say that for Ace, self-hosting would cost more than what he currently pays. You mentioned electricity costs in your country; here in Italy, electricity bills average around €120–130 a month – three times as much. Internet costs for a fibre connection are no less than €25 a month These figures don’t take into account having a PC running 24/7; the bill would soar significantly. The alternative would be a Raspberry Pi, but I don’t think it has the processing power needed to handle a high volume of requests. So, in my opinion, a monthly cost of $10 is better value and less hassle. That moustachioed nerd from Babo might be able to give us a better idea of whether it’s worth it or not 
|
|
|
|
fillippone
Legendary
Online
Activity: 3038
Merit: 21602
Duelbits.com - Rewarding, beyond limits.
|
 |
October 07, 2026, 08:51:01 PM |
|
Wow, look at how much this project has grown over the last month. I have just started a small project, and I am burning tokens like crazy (more on this later). I am terrified of where this would take me.
|
|
|
|
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 4186
Merit: 22908
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
|
 |
October 08, 2026, 05:56:35 AM |
|
I really don’t know much about any of this, but I can safely say that for Ace, self-hosting would cost more than what he currently pays. You mentioned electricity costs in your country; here in Italy, electricity bills average around €120–130 a month – three times as much. Internet costs for a fibre connection are no less than €25 a month These figures don’t take into account having a PC running 24/7; the bill would soar significantly. How's this scenario: get a laptop with 8 GB RAM, SSD and a 4 core processor that consumes 4-6W. You pay for your fibre anyway, so it only adds about a euro per month in electricity cost  But it's still terrible for your privacy.
|
|
|
|
|
Cinexa
|
 |
October 08, 2026, 04:09:07 PM |
|
The total monthly costs are approximately €8.20 which includes the costs of the VPS and an additional 40GB of storage space. When I imported everything from loycev's site I had to expand the space . Hi, how much storage did it take to export and store everything? I'm also curious whether LoyceV actually shares the data with people who want to run their own projects. I run a Chrome extension, and my website has a few tools that currently pull data from Bitlist and Loyce.club on every search: Forum Dossier and Flow Explorer. I'm planning to store some of that data on my own server and crawl a few specific boards 24/7 for new posts, so the tools keep working without relying on outside sources for every lookup.
|
|
|
|
|
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 4186
Merit: 22908
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
|
 |
October 08, 2026, 05:14:07 PM |
|
I'm also curious whether LoyceV actually shares the data with people who want to run their own projects. I fulfill requests when I can 
|
|
|
|
Lillominato89
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1312
|
 |
October 08, 2026, 06:00:47 PM |
|
I really don’t know much about any of this, but I can safely say that for Ace, self-hosting would cost more than what he currently pays. You mentioned electricity costs in your country; here in Italy, electricity bills average around €120–130 a month – three times as much. Internet costs for a fibre connection are no less than €25 a month These figures don’t take into account having a PC running 24/7; the bill would soar significantly. How's this scenario: get a laptop with 8 GB RAM, SSD and a 4 core processor that consumes 4-6W. You pay for your fibre anyway, so it only adds about a euro per month in electricity cost  But it's still terrible for your privacy. Hmm… We can’t just look at the CPU’s power consumption; the PC has to be on 24 hours a day, and on average all the components would consume between 25 and 30 watts per hour. In Italy, that would cost €7–8 a month, though it always depends on which tariff you’re on. It would be a small saving, yes, but it would cause more hassle; moreover, you have to bear in mind that the PC is subject to obsolescence and requires almost constant maintenance. I’m not sure if it’s worth it in the long run.
|
|
|
|
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 4186
Merit: 22908
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
|
 |
October 08, 2026, 06:24:02 PM |
|
Hmm… We can’t just look at the CPU’s power consumption; the PC has to be on 24 hours a day, and on average all the components would consume between 25 and 30 watts per hour. I actually measured it for the entire laptop, the 4-6W depends on the load. It can probably go as low as 3W without screen. The right hardware can be amazingly energy efficient. you have to bear in mind that the PC is subject to obsolescence and requires almost constant maintenance. You're talking to someone who used the same laptop for almost a decade  I’m not sure if it’s worth it in the long run. Probably not. I've moved the large majority of my data processing to different servers. I don't think my internet provider at home would appreciate uploading one TB per day.
|
|
|
|
Lillominato89
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1312
|
 |
October 08, 2026, 07:05:34 PM |
|
Hmm… We can’t just look at the CPU’s power consumption; the PC has to be on 24 hours a day, and on average all the components would consume between 25 and 30 watts per hour. I actually measured it for the entire laptop, the 4-6W depends on the load. It can probably go as low as 3W without screen. The right hardware can be amazingly energy efficient. you have to bear in mind that the PC is subject to obsolescence and requires almost constant maintenance. You're talking to someone who used the same laptop for almost a decade  I’m not sure if it’s worth it in the long run. Probably not. I've moved the large majority of my data processing to different servers. I don't think my internet provider at home would appreciate uploading one TB per day.To be honest, I’ve never checked how much power my laptop uses – I’ve never really been that curious, shall we say  But I assumed it used a lot more power, and in fact I find it very strange that it could use less than an LED bulb So either I’m missing something, because as far as I remember, every piece of hardware should have a power consumption rating – for example, the motherboard uses XX watts, the CPU yy watts, and the graphics card ZZ watts. All in all, I find it astonishing that their total power consumption is so remarkably low
|
|
|
|
dkbit98
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 8909
|
 |
October 08, 2026, 09:27:38 PM |
|
How's this scenario: get a laptop with 8 GB RAM, SSD and a 4 core processor that consumes 4-6W. You pay for your fibre anyway, so it only adds about a euro per month in electricity cost  But it's still terrible for your privacy. I think even RaspberryPi should work fine, or those small mini pc units, if you already have some old monitor collecting dust. This devices are spending less electricity than regular laptops, and they usually more quiet than laptops.
|
▄▄██████▄░░░▄██████▄▄ ██▀▀░░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░░▀▀██ ▄▄██████▄░▄██████▄▄ ▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄ ▄███░░░▄▄░░░█░░░▄▄░░░███▄ ▄▄▄███░░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░░███▄▄▄ ████████░░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░░████████ ██████████░░░▀▀░░░█░░░▀▀░░░██████████ ████▀▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄██████▀▀████ ▀███▄░░▀▀███████████████████▀▀░░▄███▀ ▀████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄▄████▀ ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀ ▀▀█████████████████████▀▀ | | OrangeFren | | ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ | | | | ▄▄█████▄▄ ▄████▀▀▀████▄ ███▀░░░░░░░▀███ ███▀░░░▄█░░░░▀███ ███░░░░░█░░░░░███ ███▄░░░▄█▄░░░▄███ ███▄░░░░░░░▄███ ▀████▄▄▄████▀ █████████ ▐█████████▌ █████░█████ ▐████▌░▐████▌ ▀▀░▀█░░░█▀░▀▀ | | |
|
|
|
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 4186
Merit: 22908
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
|
To be honest, I’ve never checked how much power my laptop uses – I’ve never really been that curious, shall we say  But I assumed it used a lot more power, and in fact I find it very strange that it could use less than an LED bulb Easy indication: if it's warm and has a fan running, it eats power. I've seen (and avoid) laptops that draw 40W or more continuously. The rare sweet spot are small laptops that don't have a fan. All in all, I find it astonishing that their total power consumption is so remarkably low In general, Intel is more energy efficient than AMD. I always check the CPU's TDP before buying. I think even RaspberryPi should work fine That's what OP started with, until it broke: My Raspberry Pi has decided to give up the ghost
|
|
|
|
Lillominato89
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1312
|
 |
Today at 06:34:52 AM |
|
To be honest, I’ve never checked how much power my laptop uses – I’ve never really been that curious, shall we say  But I assumed it used a lot more power, and in fact I find it very strange that it could use less than an LED bulb Easy indication: if it's warm and has a fan running, it eats power. I've seen (and avoid) laptops that draw 40W or more continuously. The rare sweet spot are small laptops that don't have a fan. All in all, I find it astonishing that their total power consumption is so remarkably low In general, Intel is more energy efficient than AMD. I always check the CPU's TDP before buying. I think even RaspberryPi should work fine That's what OP started with, until it broke: My Raspberry Pi has decided to give up the ghost Apart from reading the laptop’s technical specifications, how do you actually measure the laptop’s total power consumption? Do you use a multimeter? You’ve made me want to check how much power my PC uses. Just out of personal curiosity  Thank you for the excellent examples you’ve given
|
|
|
|
|