News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is the OP correct?
yes - 47 (29.9%)
no - 79 (50.3%)
undecided - 31 (19.7%)
Total Voters: 157

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin adoption slowing; Coinbase + Bitpay is enough to make Bitcoin a fiat  (Read 67112 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:51:48 AM

[...]  What makes society work it is the network of person-to-person interactions, where the parties know and trust each other.  In anonymous interactions, outside the reach of government, there is no incentive to honor deals or build a reputation.

You entirely missed the upthread point made that reputation does not require personal identity.

Btw, we always had anonymity with cash, now we are losing it. And so now we move to the slavery State if we don't have anonymity.

Yeah, sorry, I skipped several pages.

Cash itself may be anonymous, but most cash transactions are not.

I have lunch at the corner cafe every day; the owner notes the amount down on a 3x5 card, and every Friday I pay whatever he says I owe, with cash; and he doesn't mind waiting until next Monday if I am out of cash in my "hot wallet".  That is because we both know and trust each other.  But I would not send cash in an envelope to pay for a bill, of course.

Even when the parties have never met before and don't know each other's name,  they can tell a lot about each other, with passable confidence, just from their appearance and context.  The mere fact that the other guy is NOT hiding his face may be sufficiently reassuring. I might buy a hot dog from a seller in a stadium, even if I never saw the guy before; but not from a stranger in a run-down street who wears a ninja costume and a ski hood...

In the political context: anonimity may be a valuable "tactical weapon" when fighting an oppressive illegitimate government.  However,  by the time it is necessary, it will be very difficult to obtain.  Moreover, it is not very effective -- because  anonimity is essentially act of cowardice, an admission of weakness and defeat.  It is fleeing rather than fighting, the way of the rat rather than of the badger.  The most effective time and way to fight such governments is before they take power -- openly, not anonymously.

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:53:12 AM

[...]  What makes society work it is the network of person-to-person interactions, where the parties know and trust each other.  In anonymous interactions, outside the reach of government, there is no incentive to honor deals or build a reputation.

You entirely missed the upthread point made that reputation does not require personal identity.

Btw, we always had anonymity with cash, now we are losing it. And so now we move to the slavery State if we don't have anonymity.

Yeah, sorry, I skipped several pages.

Cash itself may be anonymous, but most cash transactions are not.

I have lunch at the corner cafe every day; the owner notes the amount down on a 3x5 card, and every Friday I pay whatever he says I owe, with cash; and he doesn't mind waiting until next Monday if I am out of cash in my "hot wallet".  That is because we both know and trust each other.  But I would not send cash in an envelope to pay for a bill, of course.

Even when the parties have never met before and don't know each other's name,  they can tell a lot about each other, with passable confidence, just from their appearance and context.  The mere fact that the other guy is NOT hiding his face may be sufficiently reassuring. I might buy a hot dog from a seller in a stadium, even if I never saw the guy before; but not from a stranger in a run-down street who wears a ninja costume and a ski hood...

In the political context: anonimity may be a valuable "tactical weapon" when fighting an oppressive illegitimate government.  However,  by the time it is necessary, it will be very difficult to obtain.  Moreover, it is not very effective -- because  anonimity is essentially act of cowardice, an admission of weakness and defeat.  It is fleeing rather than fighting, the way of the rat rather than of the badger.  The most effective time and way to fight such governments is before they take power -- openly, not anonymously.
If you have any better strategy to fight the 1% of the 1% I am all ears..
AnonyMint (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:09:07 PM

I might buy a hot dog from a seller in a stadium, even if I never saw the guy before; but not from a stranger in a run-down street who wears a ninja costume and a ski hood...

That is why this new anonymity coming will be superior as it won't be differentiated and stand out negatively that way.

In the political context: anonimity may be a valuable "tactical weapon" when fighting an oppressive illegitimate government.  However,  by the time it is necessary, it will be very difficult to obtain.

You sure proclaim a lot without knowing all the technical details.

Moreover, it is not very effective -- because  anonimity is essentially act of cowardice, an admission of weakness and defeat.  It is fleeing rather than fighting, the way of the rat rather than of the badger.  The most effective time and way to fight such governments is before they take power -- openly, not anonymously.

Can't fight openly because by the time the masses realize, it is already too late.

Fighting by blending in is the most successful war strategy in history, guerrilla war fare.

Not weak at all. It has never been defeated. Because the State can never figured out if they've killed the last guerrilla.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:12:52 PM

Why we need anonymity.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/04/21/how-your-cell-phone-threatens-your-liberty/

Quote from: Armstrong
In Ukraine, part of the propaganda that it was inspired by a CIA plot covered up the fact that it was truly a grass-roots uprising against corruption. The other aspect that was covered up has been how even Yanukovich employed the technology of the day to try to intimidate the people in Maidan. This is a lesson to everyone for it is the dark side of technology that is the core reason why the NSA is monitoring everything just like any other secret police organization.

We are all familiar with how even Google tracks where you are to tailor advertisements based upon your location. However, this technology in the hands of government can be extremely deadly. In Ukraine, as here, the telephone companies know directly your location by simply having a mobile phone that send a signal so if someone calls you it knows what tower to route the call to find you. Given the civil uprising in Ukraine, the telephone companies reported the location of people to the government so they knew precisely who was in Maidan. Yanukovich then sent SMS text messages to everyone there bluntly stating “you are registered as a participant in a mass disorder” and this actually inspired people to continue knowing if they stopped, they would be jailed and probably tortured. The mobile provider in Ukraine actually belonged to Russians. After the fact, of course, everyone from the police to the mobile provider denies sending this SMS. However, it could not have been sent without the cooperation of the telephone companies.

The importance of this event sending text messages to those in Maidan is quite critical. The experience in Ukraine should be a warning about technology to the rest of the world. If you are going to participate in any type of protest, even such things as the Occupy Wall Street movement, you can count on the government knowing precisely who was there at all times. There is a file on EVERY person even in the USA thanks to the NSA. All they need to do is put in your name and everything will come up including every phone call and text message you have sent. This is NOT speculation – this is the cold harsh reality of what is going on behind the curtain – the NSA is the US version of the East German Stassi. The only possible solution is to never take your mobile phone with you for it does not matter – even turning it off still identifies where you are to a mobile carrier. Clearly, those involved in civil unrest should NEVER take their phone in any country.

The greatest danger facing the Ukrainian people is politics. The people in Ukraine realize what will happen if Russia were to take Kiev shows they are now just a pawn. Many were using the Russian version of Facebook known as Vkontakte for communication. The founder had refused to turn-over to the Russian government lists of all Ukrainians with accounts that were part of groups associated with the Ukrainian Revolution or Maidan. Now, you cannot have a blog in Russia without government approval.

However, the ownership of Vkontakte has now changed. As they typically have a sponsor of things like Niki for the Olympics, the common saying in Kiev is that the sponsor of the Ukrainian Revolution in Maidan was the US version of Facebook. This explains a lot.

Turkey has blocked access to things such as Twitter. Social Media has become increasingly more important within society for the younger generation rely upon this technology for communication. This is the real reason behind the NSA tapping into Facebook. This has absolutely nothing to do with terrorism, it is what Harry Reid just called the rangers in Nevada rising up against his corrupt dealings in Nevada – Domestic Terrorists. Effectively, the definition of a “terrorist” today is merely someone who protests against the establishment for whatever reason. You can bet the NSA has a list over participant in the Occupy Wall Street movement precisely as did Yanukovich.

The terrifying situation in Ukraine that has developed is the harsh reality of politics and technology. The people of Maidan are for the most part gone. The temporary government hand-picked by the West is in place and will most likely remain in place with the May 25th elections following the orders of Christine Lagarde at the IMF. She will drain the Ukrainian people to pay the bankers as she destroyed Cyprus. Her domination of the IMF is seriously destroying the world economy and what she is doing to Ukraine means an economic decline of great hardship going into 2020. She is destroying everything the people sought to change and the

Worse yet, the Ukrainian people themselves have been abandoned and their uprising against corruption has been usurped by the politicians. They have been told behind-the-scenes that if they rise up again against the new government put in place by the West, they will not be supported by the West. This leaves them in a chilling position caught between the West and Russia. Exercise your sovereign right to demand freedom, and the West will not support you. West has installed just another corrupt version of politicians that lean the other direction. Ukraine lost its freedom.

In Europe, the popular notion in France is that the whole Ukrainian event was organized by the USA in order to sell its gas to Europe. Other parts also speak of resentment toward the USA because of the corrupt past events with the invasion of Iraq that they see was for Cheney and oil. This is a sad part that the USA has lost its credibility which is tarnishing the respect for the Ukrainian people. If Putin were to invade and take all of Ukraine, Europe will not lift a finger. The Ukrainian people may have won the battle but lost the war for their freedom.

The propaganda put out by Russia that the people of Maidan are Fascists and Nazis has been totally false. The people of Maidan were neither part of any such movement nor were they orchestrated by the CIA. Of course there are fringe extremists among every movement. Nonetheless, their uprising against corruption was true and totally organized through Facebook telling people to join the movement. Why? They were against Russia for you cannot even protest there – you will be immediately arrested, not unlike the USA that arrests you for walking on the grass of lacking a permit of some kind. If you hold up a sign in Russia, that is jail-time; but if you were merely present, then you are fined and given a government job you must perform for several weeks for free. There were Russians who posted pictures of themselves holding one of these orders to report for work to prove they supported the people in Ukraine. This is what Maidan was all about – a protest against corruption and a demand for freedom. Those who spun stories about CIA plots did these people much harm and it proves the dark side of humanity where people will say anything to get attention. Yanukovich and his sons were installing Russian Oligarch-type system where people had to pay for protection from government and were being denied the right to protest.

We have to realize the tremendous risk that technology has brought. People once could just hop on a plane and leave with a suitcase full of gold to start over in a new land. Those days are long gone. Between metal detectors and desperate tax agents, you cannot simply leave with your own money anymore. Now the events in Ukraine serve as a warning to the rest of the world – cell phones can lead to the loss of your freedom for not merely does Google know where you are, so does your phone-company and we know what the NSA has already done to them. The NSA is not after terrorists by monitoring Facebook. They are after “domestic terrorists” as Harry Reid calls anyone who disagrees with him and his pockets full of other people’s money. Someone should tell him, you can’t take it with you.

This is another reason I think bitcoin will succeed.  Zerohedge claims the US may go after Putin's $40 billion dollars in financial assets stored in Switzerland:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-04-20/means-war-us-target-putins-personal-40-billion-stash

Whether you agree or disagree that Putin's fortune is "fair" and whether you agree or disagree that it is right for the US to take his wealth, I believe that if you were in Vladimir Putin's position you'd feel more comfortable with a cool billion (2.5% of his financial wealth) sitting in a secure brain wallet, and perhaps another billion or so in carefully planned m-of-n wallets.

I wonder if Vladimir understands bitcoin. 

Problem is Bitcoin isn't anonymous and the mining is 51% controlled by two pools and few major holders of ASICs.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:14:29 PM

Here comes Peter Thiel (Paypal) taking over Bitcoin from every angle (see also upthread posts about his role in Bitpay):

Facebooks is going to ask for a bank license so it can distribute peer-to-peer money transactions.

It took over Transwise, which already did more as a billion in transactions and together with whatsapp and facebook, which is installed on almost every smartphone its going to be the new number one.

Backed with Peter Thiel, In-Q-Tel an investment department of the CIA, which are also sitting in Facebooks Board they have the tech Elite and Governmant support.

Good that he likes the word 'peer' Wink

AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:28:09 AM

Here comes the Mad Max...

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/04/21/uk-hunting-the-rich-abandon-uk-before-you-cannot/

UK Hunting the Rich – Abandon UK Before you cannot.

A reader posted this new ad campaign in Britain. These politicians have squandered everything and now they are hunting down capital everywhere and the view is people have to pay whatever they demand or you are just a criminal. Nobody even bothers to look at what they are doing to the world economy. These advertisements are appearing everywhere and they will only succeed in created the worst economic collapse since the Great Depression.

Putin is raising taxes for taking Crimea.

AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:41:15 AM

Cross-posting...

You can see some photos of the mall where I was today.

Young employees of the DENR (Dept of Environment and Natural Resources) were handing out brochures with "Global Warming" in scary red blood dripping vampire-like font.

The global conspiracy is paying the people to spread this nonsense as gospel.

I tried to explain to these youthful employees that this is all lies and it is part of a global plan to indoctrinate the people how to be good slaves and submit to various taxes and multi-national corporate control.

We are moving into the end game of Fascism and headed into Mad Max totalitarianism.

By the time you boiling frogs realize it, it will be too late for you already.

Click my name and then click "read latest posts" to dig into the supporting evidence I have posted over the past few weeks.

For those who want to opt-out of this coming hell, you had better figure out which train to board...

...and stop wasting your time reading all of this bla bla bla, which can't help you.

CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:24:54 AM

Why we need anonymity.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/04/21/how-your-cell-phone-threatens-your-liberty/

We have to realize the tremendous risk that technology has brought. People once could just hop on a plane and leave with a suitcase full of gold to start over in a new land. Those days are long gone.

I am surprised that Armstrong seems to have not paid any attention to cryptocurrency.
In theory cryptocurrency can restore the ability to hop on a plane and take all your wealth with you.

However, to achieve this the link between a particular cryptocurrency account a particular individual must be severed.

AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:50:56 AM

Cross-posting...

I've not followed the story much, but my first impression is that Bundy should pay his fucking fees like everyone else or adjust his operation to roll with the changing times.  If he is not competitive without mooching off the commons (which, by definition, everyone owns) and causing generally considered unacceptable ecological damage to them then he should either buy land out of his own funds or downsize.

I don't accept that Bundy has some sort of God-given right to the land because his granddaddy used it just as I don't accept that currently respiration  African Americans or Indians (native Americans) have some sort of special claim because their distant ancestor were abused.

He was ready to pay the grazing fees and the applicable taxes. But the BLM prevented the authorities from accepting them.

Wasn't he refusing to pay fees to anyone but Nevada, when they are owed to the BLM? Based on some tinfoil-hat redneck fear of the federal government? The idea that he has any 'right' to the land because his great-granddad grazed there is ridiculous.

Now it seems that he got hundreds of armed thugs to turn up and threaten BLM agents and their families until they backed off, and is now claiming a "civil rights victory". Sad day for democracy and best argument for gun control I ever saw.

The above two comments are indicative of how Americans don't know their own Constitution, and thus the Constitution is dead.

If you two dumbfucks had any clue, you would understand that from my prior detailed post:

...once a territory becomes a state, the Fed must surrender all claims to the land as if it were still just a possession or territory.

If you want to educate yourself, click my link above and learn.

Any way, you two have a lot of idiot brethren:

http://www.infowars.com/statists-call-for-drone-strike-on-bundy-supporters/
http://www.infowars.com/msnbc-smears-bundy-supporters-as-insurgents-attacks-infowars-drudge/

So where does that leave us? Well the up 5,000 militias are not going to back down (and remember militias are a fundamental right provided for in the Constitution):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaJ6IPF6PNg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79xKxWbBYcw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c41ogSHJVJs

The line has been drawn in the sand, and battle over the Constitution will be fought on Bundy's ranch if the Federal government doesn't go away permanently.

So as Armstrong had predicted, the USA headed for civil war, because these idiots who have no clue of the Constitution and the freedom fighters who do understand what is at stake here.

If the idiots win, we end up with a Technocracy top-down Fascist society like China. And here is what is happening in China:

http://www.infowars.com/chinese-citizens-beat-government-bureaucrats-during-mass-riot/

Unfortunately, the idiots who don't understand where this shits leads, are what cause this total chaos.

Be prepared, we are headed into total chaos all over the world, because of the natural failure of collectivism and the idiots who have no clue.

http://www.infowars.com/eastern-europe-braced-for-a-violent-spring-of-discontent/

Eastern Europe is heading for a violent “spring of discontent”, according to experts in the region who fear that the global economic downturn is generating a dangerous popular backlash on the streets.

According to the most recent estimates, the economies of some eastern European countries, after posting double-digit growth for nearly a decade, will contract by up to 5% this year, with inflation peaking at more than 13%. Many fear Romania, which joined the European Union with Bulgaria in 2007, may be the next to suffer major breakdowns in public order.

“In a few months there will be people in the streets, that much is certain,” said Luca Niculescu, a media executive in Bucharest.

AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:57:16 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2014, 01:09:09 AM by AnonyMint

Why we need anonymity.

We have to realize the tremendous risk that technology has brought. People once could just hop on a plane and leave with a suitcase full of gold to start over in a new land. Those days are long gone.

I am surprised that Armstrong seems to have not paid any attention to cryptocurrency.
In theory cryptocurrency can restore the ability to hop on a plane and take all your wealth with you.

However, to achieve this the link between a particular cryptocurrency account a particular individual must be severed.

He thinks the powers-that-be can shut it down at any time with their control over the internet and their ability to regulate the exchanges.

I've tried to email and explain that decentralization, anonymity, and other technologies (in an improved altcoin that is not Bitoin) might be able to overcome. He has not responded on those points.

I expect his unspoken stance is that:

• Show me, don't talk.
  • It won't gain enough scale fast enough to make a difference
  • Substantive solutions will always be collectivized

I think it is our challenge to prove there is a new Knowledge Age paradigm. I understand his skepticism.

Also I think he is very concerned about the chaos that is going to hit the world, regardless of any such crypto-currency.

I hope he will admit that rescuing some of private capital is better than let it all be destroyed.

AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:06:03 AM

This is what we've got to opt-out of. Roughly 75% of the population is going to defend the Titanic as it sinks.

The above two comments are indicative of how Americans don't know their own Constitution, and thus the Constitution is dead.

If you two dumbfucks had any clue, you would understand that from my prior detailed post:

News flash Annoyneymint; nobody reads your bullshit.

Your 5000 dingbats include about 50% provocateurs(*) in a big honeypot designed to ident the tiny few actual nutcases.  This so that TPTB can point to them and scare the bejesus out of 200x10^6 more or less normal people.  Boilerplate social engineering in modern Americana.  I don't like it any better than the next guy, but I can at least identify a winner and a loser, and your looney-toons are going to be the big losers in any conception of the future that you (profess) to have.

Actually, here's what very possibly could happen:  The Feds will enlist your 'patriots' to serve as right-wing death squads.  With free ammo and carte blanche to shoot anything which moves (including women and children) these types will be as happy as a clam.

* I was looking into things a bit and saw that guy bragging about their strategy of putting their women and children in front of the big bad malitia dopes so they would get shot first by the evil Federales.  I mean, it's possible to have no skill at PR, but it's simply not possible to be THIS bad at it!

Crash and burn idiot. You will along with the Titanic you are clinging to.

You've identified the losing side. I guarantee you. A study of history is on my side. Collectivism -> Fascism -> Totalitarianism has repeated throughout the history of mankind. If megadeath and egregious collapse is your idea of normal, then go ahead and reap what you sow.

FYI, I know for a fact that some readers are reading my posts, because they private message me and thank me for it. You can go look at the votes on my threads, and see 33% support what I have to say. You can see from the survey about Global Warming that roughly 25% of the people in the USA are not idiots like you.

P.S. There is civil war coming because we don't agree with you idiots. And we demand to have a place where we can practice private property rights and limited government. And you fools need to have your own large government that kills you. We refuse to be part of your self-inflicted eugenics system.

klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:16:23 AM

This is what we've got to opt-out of. Roughly 75% of the population is going to defend the Titanic as it sinks.

News flash Annoyneymint; nobody reads your bullshit.

Your 5000 dingbats include about 50% provocateurs(*) in a big honeypot designed to ident the tiny few actual nutcases.  This so that TPTB can point to them and scare the bejesus out of 200x10^6 more or less normal people.  Boilerplate social engineering in modern Americana.  I don't like it any better than the next guy, but I can at least identify a winner and a loser, and your looney-toons are going to be the big losers in any conception of the future that you (profess) to have.

Actually, here's what very possibly could happen:  The Feds will enlist your 'patriots' to serve as right-wing death squads.  With free ammo and carte blanche to shoot anything which moves (including women and children) these types will be as happy as a clam.

* I was looking into things a bit and saw that guy bragging about their strategy of putting their women and children in front of the big bad malitia dopes so they would get shot first by the evil Federales.  I mean, it's possible to have no skill at PR, but it's simply not possible to be THIS bad at it!

Crash and burn idiot. You will along with the Titanic you are clinging to.

You've identified the losing side. I guarantee you. A study of history is on my side. Collectivism -> Fascism -> Totalitarianism has repeated throughout the history of mankind. If megadeath and egregious collapse is your idea of normal, then go ahead and reap what you sow.

FYI, I know for a fact that some readers are reading my posts, because they private message me and thank me for it. You can go look at the votes on my threads, and see 33% support what I have to say. You can see from the survey about Global Warming that roughly 25% of the people in the USA are not idiots like you.

P.S. There is civil war coming because we don't agree with you idiots. And we demand to have a place where we can practice private property rights and limited government. And you fools need to have your own large government that kills you. We refuse to be part of your self-inflicted eugenics system.
Gigadeaths this time...
AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:00:23 PM

I don't think we will get to that, because I think humans will adjust their thinking as events worsen. But perhaps I am underestimating how engrained the mindset is that believes in government.

If we say gigadeaths, most people would dismiss us as kooks.

In any case, the features we need in a better crypto-currency have far reaching synergies in positive ways such as micro payments and fostering new paradigms in knowledge and social interaction on the internet.

So we don't need such a dire scenario of Armageddon, in order to drive a desire for a better crypto-currency than Bitcoin.

AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:11:11 PM

Armstrong thinks gigadeaths are a possibility.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/04/23/the-two-most-dangerous-idea/

Europe failed to understand that it is the people who are a nation’s greatest asset and their total productivity. This is why Communism failed for it suppressed the very element that makes a country rich – the total productivity of its people.  Communism was a French idea they sold to Marx. The French elite like Christine Lagarde and Thomas Piketty are at it again determined to impose their brain-dead idea of “social justice” upon the world that made Russia so hated. No other idea has been responsible for more wars and the death of millions than this French idea of “social justice”.

To survive the future, it is time to realize “social justice” suppresses economic growth and lowers the living standards for everyone. Not every country can have a trade surplus. Someone has to have a trade deficit. This theory is simply insane. It is indistinguishable from handing out the same grades in school regardless if the students show up at all for we have to be fair to everyone. This is about as stupid as thinking that landmass equals power. Both of these ideas threaten our future like nothing every before. If we are not careful, we will once again see half the population of the world killed by these two terrible ideas.

cocoakrispies

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:39:33 PM

I don't think we will get to that, because I think humans will adjust their thinking as events worsen. But perhaps I am underestimating how engrained the mindset is that believes in government.

If we say gigadeaths, most people would dismiss us as kooks.

In any case, the features we need in a better crypto-currency have far reaching synergies in positive ways such as micro payments and fostering new paradigms in knowledge and social interaction on the internet.

So we don't need such a dire scenario of Armageddon, in order to drive a desire for a better crypto-currency than Bitcoin.

How powerful a scenario will be needed in order to counter the pervasive nature of the reality that's generally accepted today...

To what extent can any knowledge paradigm be introduced that can counter the pretty lights and repeating patterns and alluring whispers? How can 100s of millions of people come to accept, within any measurable amount of time within their own lifetime, that most of what they've come to accept as knowing or caring about within that frame of time is incorrect? How can I convince Erich that his fascination with Call of Duty is completely meaningless, and he should instead learn about finance like he said he wanted? How do I tell Erica that she should probably have gone to nursing school instead of marrying that wifebeater that she ended up with? These people have left society in pursuit of completely useless efforts, and instead chose to live as simpler animals. How can one hope to reason that that's incorrect? I've yet to be shown that the faith in humane efforts can go that far . . as I'm not convinced that they are physically capable of going that far.

Think about it . . with IQ tests, multi-tiered verification of intelligence through Associate's, Bachelor's, Masters, Phd's, tens of thousands of further tiered certifications . . it's impossible to refute that there's a distinctive bell curve present in human capacity and desire for knowledge. With the appearance of such a curve . . one so perfectly conforming to probability . . how can this go any further . . when that very appearance of the bell implies that the potential is maximized? There used to be a very low bar for everyone to pass. What we have now may very well be the extent of what humanity can manifest . . knowledge wise. There's just no more juice. That's not to say that the pursuit of knowledge is dead, only that it's pursuit by the majority of the population is exhausted. The majority of what we're left with is debt farms.

With television, video games, endless supplies of pornography, limitless troughs of food of infinite varieties, consumer culture, and an otherwise bottomless supply of past-times . . what shift in paradigm could possibly be manifested that would foster a particular interest for integration, differentiation, chemistry, physics, programming languages, manufacturing processes, computer architecture, astronomy, creation of art, cryptocurrencies, conceptual drawing, or pursuit of other true knowledge?

Underestimating? I fear most that hive-mind is the mind, not the mindset . . that for the first time in history the hive is set to become the world rather than towns, states, countries combined. I also fear that I don't know whether or not that's something to fear at all.

Removing the Armageddon scenario from this situation requires an insurmountable force . . which may very well come to be the crypto-currency you mention. I know it's not Bitcoin, but all I can continue to do is keep reading until it decides to show itself . . or given infinite time I'll make it myself.
AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:43:44 PM

Cross-posting...

A female US Air Force veteran of 9 years, explains what is going on very well.

Indeed most of the world right now deserves the Armageddon that is coming to them, because they refuse to put their lives on the line to stand their ground.

Ok, you've graduated to full-on crazy now. Go post in one of Actor_Tom_Truong's threads, he'll help you prepare for your final battle against the thirteen european bloodlines of the illuminati terrorists. Let us know how it goes! Grin

Tell that to Hitler and the next European tyrant (Putin?) coming like him very soon, because you socialists fucks don't grasp the pathology of your philosophy.

That 'former sheriff' guy has simply got to be a plant.

You are ignorant. Learn who Sheriff Mack is and learn what the proper role of the Sheriff is in our Constitutional form of government:

http://www.amazon.com/The-County-Sheriff-Americas-Last/dp/B002PKCMFO
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Mack
http://sheriffmack.com/
http://cspoa.org/category/sheriff-richard-mack/

Next we have Bundy being progressively more pathological.  Lies about his land history, starts in with over-the-top racial insults, etc.  Things particularly apt to get people like myself and a great many other semi-decent people pretty disgusted.

Only you getting more pathological in your attempt to spin his correct statements.

Socialist megakillers such as yourself always think they are innocent and don't understand the pathology of their collective philosophy.

There is no way to reason with you chattel. We must opt-out of your hell and watch you fuck yourselves.

Then, of course, the idea of a bunch of loons chasing away the feds who were basically trying to do their job which is pretty reasonable.  Of course this will (and has) gotten casual observers baffled and alarmed that miscreants like the militia crew has so much power, and it is all because they have guns.

You make me puke. You don't deserve America (U.S.A.), rather you deserve Amerika (U.S.S.A - United Socialist States of Amerika).

I will be very happy when you and I no longer share the same citizenship.

I am not going to repeat the Constitutional points already made, because you are never going to defend the Constitution.

So just go on and continue the slide into the hell you deserve.

We will find a way to opt-out of your hell and laugh at you.

Just leaving things as they are now with the Feds slinking away achieves a pretty strong effect in forming public opinion about the power and danger of firearms of militias.

Indeed there is war being incited between the Communist/Fascists which is about 75% of the population, and the remaining Constitutionalists which is 25% or less of the population.

We Constitionalists will lose the country, but we will gain the victory where it matters most by opting out in way that you can't touch us and then we will watch you fucks crash and burn.

I have my popcorn ready.

...You can see from the survey about Global Warming that roughly 25% of the people in the USA are not idiots like you.

AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:36:39 PM

Sent to the author of a blog you should make sure you are reading:

http://armstrongeconomics.com/armstrong_economics_blog/

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: People aren't sheep, rather they love Communism
Date:    Thu, April 24, 2014 12:31 pm
To:      "N" <armstrongeconomics@gmail.com>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Martin,

You recently wrote that the people are sheep and can only see as far as
the rear-end of the sheep next to them.

I am sorry but after writing in public forums since 2005, you are wrong.

Roughly 75% of the poeple love Communism (see the survey linked in the
following bitcointalk post). Here read this exchange in the Bundy ranch
thread and tell me it isn't so?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=564097.msg6373991#msg6373991

So that is why your idea of spreading the word won't stop the coming
collapse.

I wish you would admit this publicly.

At this point, what we need to be doing is figuring out how to opt-out of
the coming collapse so we can eat popcorn while it crashes and burns.

I am asserting that a superior crypto-currency is going to play a vital role.

RAJSALLIN

Activity: 665
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:41:58 PM

Well written. Interesting to see if/what he replies.

A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
`Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github`
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
RAJSALLIN

Activity: 665
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:58:07 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2014, 07:03:26 AM by RAJSALLIN

Talking of Armstrong this is the first time I've seen him make an error:

"Beware of history and its lessons. Russia’s air force just provoked the West sending its long-range bombers into Western Europe where they violated the Dutch airspace and had to be forced out by sending up NATO fighter jets."

It was Sweden not Holland that got a visit from Russian air force. Obviously no big mistake but kind of funny since to reach Holland the Russians would have to fly through half of Europe.

Edit: Also the Russian jets weren't forced out by Nato jets. Nato jets were sent up too late to intercept so they just followed the Russians at a distance.

Edit2: Actually the most comical part of this story was that the Swedish air force didn't have any jets ready since it was easter holliday (last year). So if anyone wants to attack Sweden do it on a Holliday.

A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
`Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github`
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:49:58 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2014, 09:17:51 AM by AnonyMint

Cross-posting...

Generative essence of why humans prefer slavery

Let's reduce this Bundy ranch debate to its generative essence.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/26/us-korea-north-usa-idUSBREA3P02U20140426

Obama reminds North Korea of U.S. 'military might'

"So like all nations on Earth, North Korea and its people have a choice. They can choose to continue down a lonely road of isolation, or they can choose to join the rest of the world and seek a future of greater opportunity, and greater security, and greater respect - a future that already exists for the citizens on the southern end of the Korean peninsula."

Obama's rhetoric above cloaks the true meaning which is that world government is "greater opportunity, and greater security, and greater respect" than sovereign countries, counties, and individuals.

The powers-that-be create a conflict (China supporting N. Korean and USA supporting S. Korea) in order to frighten individuals and cause them to think a world government is necessary for security. The powers-that-be are doing it again with China threatening the Philippines over the Spratly islands and the Philippines taking their claim to UN tribunal.

What Obama's rhetoric doesn't reveal is that instead of a diversity of sovereign countries, counties, and individuals (which includes allowing individuals to express and live their own opinions of diverse issues such as race, work ethics, and marriage), the world government means all that freedom of expression and life will be subjected to the will of those powers-that-be who manage the world 'democracy' by promising the people everything, manipulating 75% of their emotions, and taking everything for themselves. This is how the power vacuum of 'democracy' has always worked and will always work.

Upthread we have Communists who vehemently express their hatred of diversity of expression and life. They prefer a society that is top-down managed, so the powers-that-be can enforce all their control-freak pet peeves they want the community enslaved within.

The subconscious (root) motivation of these upthread antagonists is they won't want to see anyone have something they don't, i.e. jealousy. They convince themselves they are fighting for the good of all, but the truth is they are subconsciously jealous that individuals could compete and excel without their control over them via their powers-that-be proxy.

So I don't want to speak to these brain-dead antagonists who throughout history have destroyed themselves in repeating bouts of economic gridlock collapse and megadeath.

I speak today to those who want to opt-out of their killing machine.

Join me. I have the solution.

I'm ceasing debate with the antagonists. Their fate is sealed.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: