Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:40:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you support next generation Virtual Coin with ASIC resistant code?
Yes (mining & trading) - 202 (81.8%)
Mining only - 30 (12.1%)
Trading only - 13 (5.3%)
No - 2 (0.8%)
Total Voters: 247

Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ✪✪✪ VIRTUAL COIN ✪✪✪ | P2P VIRTUAL MONEY | VC | X11 | ReLaunch: Date Feb 2017 ✪✪  (Read 192468 times)
Iffy

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:18:01 PM

A current 13%+ potential pre-mine lowering the price? Surely not.

Radix

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kishan889

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 05:59:02 AM

Admin please bring something new in Vc like new Exchange market or anything else..

There are a lot of vc supporters i guess but due to low price they are not much active in supporting vc...

Launch the things you promised many days ago.... Vc market is silent because of inactivity from the admin

Many coins are being dumped everyday becoz thy won't find anything new in Vc..
v.coinz (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 515

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 03:10:44 PM

Admin please bring something new in Vc like new Exchange market or anything else..

There are a lot of vc supporters i guess but due to low price they are not much active in supporting vc...

Launch the things you promised many days ago.... Vc market is silent because of inactivity from the admin

Thanks for the feedback Kishan. I have already submitted it to bter exchange. Hoping all other users will also submit as well.

It take less than 1 min to submit new coin request @ http://support.bter.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

gregofdoom
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 04:11:28 PM

Thanks for the feedback Kishan. I have already submitted it to bter exchange. Hoping all other users will also submit as well.

It take less than 1 min to submit new coin request @ http://support.bter.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I just added my application to Bter. In fact, it only lasted 1 minute.  Wink
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 09:37:05 PM

Can you please start trying to make the first coins unspendable?
You don't seem to care much about this. People think this coin is a scam and I am starting to as well.
You could at least tell us why it is taking so long. Do you have the coding skills to make the first coins unspendable?

Sorry about that little rant but we need to know before we start any development.
v.coinz (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 09:45:29 PM

You don't seem to care much about this. People think this coin is a scam and I am starting to as well.
You could at least tell us why it is taking so long. Do you have the coding skills to make the first coins unspendable?

Sorry about that little rant but we need to know before we start any development.

Work is still in progress.
changing amount  in existing blocks will invalid rest of the blockchain. It is not that simple. Moreover I am monitoring the blockchain, I have not seen a single coin been spend from those blocks, had this been pump & dump, it would have been dump the time it hit bittrex exchange. I have to assume those coins are lost, but will try to find safe way to do it without damaging the blockchain. You are more then welcome to code it & provide me a safer alternative, I will implement it.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 10:56:22 PM

changing amount  in existing blocks will invalid rest of the blockchain. It is not that simple. Moreover I am monitoring the blockchain, I have not seen a single coin been spend from those blocks, had this been pump & dump, it would have been dump the time it hit bittrex exchange. I have to assume those coins are lost, but will try to find safe way to do it without damaging the blockchain. You are more then welcome to code it & provide me a safer alternative, I will implement it.
I wish I could help but I can't code...  ...yet. Is it possible to make miners check if coins are being spent from those addresses and never confirm them? It would probably be annoying to have to type up all of the addresses but it is possible, right?
johnambush

Activity: 228

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:31:27 AM

Admin please bring some more features For Virtual Coin to boom up its price

Or add Vc to more Exchange market.... VC is dying like wise Doge coin....   Undecided  Cry  Cry

I think that bringing this coin to more exchange market will not make it popular. The purpose and unique features are what makes it popular. People need reason to buy it. More we wait withouth any progress less people would be interested in future even if there is progress. Maybe is time for marketing but with good develop plan behinde it.
Iffy

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 04:13:08 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2014, 12:10:19 AM by Iffy

You do not have to change their value, just make those blocks unspendable, much like the BTC genesis block is. Seems painfully obvious the "no pre-mine" is a lie and dev seems to be dragging heals over sorting out the issue. We can assume nothing dev. Those coins are out there somewhere. VC will die if you do not resolve it so the pre-mine will be worthless anyway.

Radix
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 12:38:10 AM

You do not have to change their value, just make those blocks unspendable, much like the BTC genesis block is. Seems painfully obvious the "no pre-mine" is a lie and dev seems to be dragging heals over sorting out the issue. We can assume nothing dev. Those coins are out there somewhere. VC will die if you do not resolve it so the pre-mine will be worthless anyway.
The genesis block is spendable though. People think it isn't but it is. I know there is a way for you to obtain the private key but I'm not sure how.
Iffy

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:10:18 AM

The genesis block is spendable though. People think it isn't but it is. I know there is a way for you to obtain the private key but I'm not sure how.

From my understanding the first 50 BTC produced in the genesis block are not spendable. However the other UTxO sent to the same address are spendable. I believe that is where you may be getting confused.

Radix
kishan889

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:30:39 AM

Virtual coin added for Voting at BTER

Vote now : https://bter.com/voting#VC

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 08:16:34 AM

changing amount  in existing blocks will invalid rest of the blockchain. It is not that simple. Moreover I am monitoring the blockchain, I have not seen a single coin been spend from those blocks, had this been pump & dump, it would have been dump the time it hit bittrex exchange. I have to assume those coins are lost, but will try to find safe way to do it without damaging the blockchain. You are more then welcome to code it & provide me a safer alternative, I will implement it.

From my understanding the first 50 BTC produced in the genesis block are not spendable. However the other UTxO sent to the same address are spendable. I believe that is where you may be getting confused.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=189350.msg2038801#msg2038801
I think the coins get sent to an address but since no one has the private key for it you can't spend it.
Iffy

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:09:35 PM

I think the coins get sent to an address but since no one has the private key for it you can't spend it.

"The reason why the genesis block mining reward transaction can not be spent is because the reference bitcoin client doesn't add it to the list of known transactions at startup. If it were a normal block that would happen, but it's not a normal block and doesn't get loaded like a normal block would. Thus any attempt to spend it will look like someone is attempting to spend a transaction that was never made in the first place.

Spending subsequent transactions to the address the genesis transaction was made to is possible because those transactions are normal transactions that every bitcoin client knows about."

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=119530.5;wap2

"but since no one has the private key for it" That statement cannot be proven and must therefore be considered false. Satoshi could prove exactly whom they are by producing that key, considering all the other stuff taken into account you think it would have just been discarded with no consideration of potential future use for it?

Just need the first 100 blocks to be treated like block 0.

Radix
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 08:53:06 PM

"The reason why the genesis block mining reward transaction can not be spent is because the reference bitcoin client doesn't add it to the list of known transactions at startup. If it were a normal block that would happen, but it's not a normal block and doesn't get loaded like a normal block would. Thus any attempt to spend it will look like someone is attempting to spend a transaction that was never made in the first place.

Spending subsequent transactions to the address the genesis transaction was made to is possible because those transactions are normal transactions that every bitcoin client knows about."

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=119530.5;wap2

"but since no one has the private key for it" That statement cannot be proven and must therefore be considered false. Satoshi could prove exactly whom they are by producing that key, considering all the other stuff taken into account you think it would have just been discarded with no consideration of potential future use for it?

Just need the first 100 blocks to be treated like block 0.

Ok then it seems easy to fix our problem. You were right.
We just need to make the client not load the first 100 blocks which means they wouldn't exist. Then we wuldn't need everyone to update at exactly the same time like some other coins.

Just wondering, how does https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=189350.msg2038801#msg2038801 this work then?
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 07:55:21 AM

Is it just me or is it taking a long time for block 56234 to pass. (current time 5:54)  (I will edit when it goes by)
Wait a second 56234 * 50 = 2811700 and if you add in the first 100 premine blocks it probably = 3 000 000.

We have finished mining all coins.
I think.
Oops I totally forgot coins aren't worth 50 anymore. Smiley
Nevermind block has been mined (5:59 took a while)
altcoin2014

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:58:17 PM

Since Coin needs as many as possible 24x7 nodes, I have enabled it on my desktop PC. Make sure you set gen=0 that why it does not use any CPU.

edit your virtualcoin.conf file and add " gen=0 " that way you can run on a PC 24x7 without (or very little) CPU usage (less than 1%).

Very stable, Dev please do not change anything now, the last thing we want is forking or other issues we had many months back. If you look around their are so many coins out their that are facing these issues, I don't see that in VC.

Leave it as it is.

v.coinz (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:15:47 PM

DOWNLOAD.COM site has added our Virtual Coin to their approved coin. It has now been published at
http://download.cnet.com/VirtualCoin-Wallet/3000-2057_4-76128666.html

Please download as much as AND as many times as possible. Also please review it so it gets more highlighted for general public. We are one step closer to mainstream usage. Currently only Bitcoin, litecoin, peercoin & dogecoin are approved by CNET's DOWNLOAD.COM site along with Virtual Coin.

joblessminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:04:48 PM

DOWNLOAD.COM site has added our Virtual Coin to their approved coin. It has now been published at
http://download.cnet.com/VirtualCoin-Wallet/3000-2057_4-76128666.html

Please download as much as AND as many times as possible. Also please review it so it gets more highlighted for general public. We are one step closer to mainstream usage. Currently only Bitcoin, litecoin, peercoin & dogecoin are approved by CNET's DOWNLOAD.COM site along with Virtual Coin.

I see VC as my retirement package. i have already click on download 3-4 times to boost rating on DOWNLOAD site. This will help in promoting VC among general public (non-bitcoin users).
apple_talk

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

"Proof-of-Asset Protocol"

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:11:56 PM

I am with you Dev & have full faith in your vision, many coins come & gone while VC is still here taking One step at a time.

Please keep up the good work, we all stand united with you. I will keep my VC signature, anyone who does not have faith (stop bitching), should sell their coin & move over, their are so many coins out their. I have not sold & I am not planning to sell my share of VC coins anytime soon. I have bought some additional coins from exchange, reward is dropping so once we all get these cheap coins, their won't be another fool to sell so cheap.

|

|

▄
           ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄█████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████

█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
▀▀▀▀█████  █████████████
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
                       ▀
|

$1,5 M
|

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
      ▄█████▀▀███▀▀█████▄
    ▄███▀     ███     ▀███▄
   ████       ███       ████
  ███▀                   ▀███
 ███▀                     ▀███
▄██▀       █████████       ▀██▄
███                         ███
███        █████████        ███
███                         ███
▀██▄       █████████       ▄██▀
 ███▄                     ▄███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ████       ███       ████
    ▀███▄     ███     ▄███▀
      ▀█████▄▄███▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
|

|

<>
<>
<>
<>

GITHUB
TWITTER
YOUTUBE
FACEBOOK
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 »
  Print  

Jump to: