Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:11:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Mastercoin Foundation, Master Protocol & Mastercoin Thread  (Read 165230 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
X68N

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 12:55:45 PM

Holy crap from 100 Mio to under 1 mio in ~1 years

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/mastercoin/

What just happend, premined or what else?

Easy come, easy go

nah i mean it is a 99% decline form 100mio is extreme, most others fall form 10-4 to one mio (75-90% decline).
100mio to 1mio is a hole new scale. For this loss there must be happen something serious wrong.

YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM meine Steuerdatei:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612741.msg19244732#msg19244732
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 01:06:23 PM

nah i mean it is a 99% decline form 100mio is extreme, most others fall form 10-4 to one mio (75-90% decline).
100mio to 1mio is a hole new scale. For this loss there must be happen something serious wrong.

The fairest amongst the reasons, would be to say the team over promised and under delivered. Others may say, a few members of the team are/were deluded, and full of shit.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 02:14:26 PM

The fairest amongst the reasons, would be to say the team over promised and under delivered. Others may say, a few members of the team are/were deluded, and full of shit.

The technology isn't bad, they just got caught with the problem lots of people get stuck on: Egos. The guys who made counterparty originally offered to help build mastercoin but they were rebuffed. Counterparty had it's moment to shine but thats past too. Divide and conquer really. Had only everyone gotten over their EGOS and tried working together.......

more or less retired.
ejinte

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 02:33:14 PM

The technology isn't bad, they just got caught with the problem lots of people get stuck on: Egos. The guys who made counterparty originally offered to help build mastercoin but they were rebuffed. Counterparty had it's moment to shine but thats past too. Divide and conquer really. Had only everyone gotten over their EGOS and tried working together.......

What they've built is good and usable. But when mastercoin was first announced there was no counterparty, no maidsafe, no etherum, basically nothing like this. Now the mastercoin technology is outdated already.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.6%-1% House Edge
StarenseN
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 07:45:10 PM

Jrwillet pig wife fucked up all the project. And that's a fact. As soon she were into the game msc crashed.
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 02:45:55 AM

Jrwillet pig wife fucked up all the project. And that's a fact. As soon she were into the game msc crashed.

Dude, watch your tongue.

I give jr big props for coming out and saying he will reduce his holdings. Big standing ovation. Im suprised he didnt get more press for it. That alone restored my faith in the omni project.

"Over the next 3+ years, I hope to put the vast majority of my Omni in the hands of the developers working on the project. The impact on the price will be driven entirely by them, (what features they write to create more demand for Omni, and how much they decide to sell). When we ran out of BTC I decided I'd rather be a small holder of something huge than a huge holder of something worthless, so I'm trying to make sure the long-term incentives are in place for that to happen."
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 10:45:28 PM

Latest update:
http://blog.omni.foundation/2015/06/23/state-of-the-layer-all-hands-june-23-2015/

As you can see there is not much going on.

Ah didn't see that they had a blog
http://blog.omni.foundation/2015/07/07/1670/

New update to it though

True enough he should have posted in the I'm looking for a cofounder thread back in the day.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 05:42:46 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2015, 06:21:54 AM by mishax1

https://blockchain.info/address/1EXoDusjGwvnjZUyKkxZ4UHEf77z6A5S4P

Many delayed transactions on the protocol..

All omni transactions made by poloniex get medium priority..
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 06:57:37 AM

https://blockchain.info/address/1EXoDusjGwvnjZUyKkxZ4UHEf77z6A5S4P

Many delayed transactions on the protocol..

All omni transactions made by poloniex get medium priority..

I thought polo made an announcement that they increased min fee to compensate
Guess they don't have coin age in their favor

In order to help withdrawals get processed quickly by the network, the BTC withdrawal fee has been raised from 0.0001 to 0.0005.Posted by busoni@poloniex at 2015-07-08 22:10:34

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 07:10:17 PM

I'm thinking outside the box here. So I'm aware that bitcoin is the main desirable chain here, however bitcoin should be also thought of as the sha256d network of hardware.

What is the feasibility of in-addition to bitcoin, omnicore is copied and also run on ixcoin and i0coin to take advantage of these two bitcoin merge mined coins. (lets ignore that these chains need to have majority hash running the new versions that can support this)

Omni could act as a routing protocol for transactions that go to the appropriate chain, maybe atomically, maybe with a decentralized exchange. But omni would live in 3 places and communicate with each copy and respective chains.

i0coin, for example has 90 sec block times, that could be of great use to omni. Ixcoin, has high security, mirrors bitcoin updates and can act as an extra lane for transactions.

I think this might add an extra purpose for omni.

I mention this because it is only a matter of time before these chains update to versions that will allow anyone to fork counterparty or coloredcoins etc. Ixcoin already has the updated software, it just needs the miners to upgrade.
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 09:01:58 PM

I'm thinking outside the box here. So I'm aware that bitcoin is the main desirable chain here, however bitcoin should be also thought of as the sha256d network of hardware.

What is the feasibility of in-addition to bitcoin, omnicore is copied and also run on ixcoin and i0coin to take advantage of these two bitcoin merge mined coins. (lets ignore that these chains need to have majority hash running the new versions that can support this)

Omni could act as a routing protocol for transactions that go to the appropriate chain, maybe atomically, maybe with a decentralized exchange. But omni would live in 3 places and communicate with each copy and respective chains.

In general I think this is an interesting idea, and in theory, as long as a coin has a mechanism to publish arbitrary messages, in one way or another, it should be possible to port the protocol.

However, I see a practical issue: if the global state is shared across multiple blockchains, then it would be mandatory to continuously keep up with all chains at the same time. Primarily, this has an impact on the resource consumption, like disk space to store the chains, and right now Omni Core requires a full copy of the Bitcoin blockchain, with enabled transaction index.

This is pretty wasteful, given that only a fraction of all (Bitcoin) transactions are Omni/Master transactions. It's one of the things I have in mind for some time, and while Omni Core isn't ready for it yet, the preperations were done during the class C/OP_RETURN integration, to support a no-txindex mode, and ultimately to support block pruning. This would at least tackle the space requirements, even though the additional processing of other chains would still be given, and I don't see an easy solution for it at the moment.

Another question that comes to my mind is the following: how are multiple chains synchronized?

While Omni transactions are unconfirmed, the state is fuzzy, and may change at any moment. Once transactions confirm, their order within a block determines the sequence of actions. But if there are multiple chains, then it basically comes down to the question: which block happend first? Bitcoin block xxxxxx, or XYZ block yyyyyy?

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 06:45:05 AM

What they've built is good and usable. But when mastercoin was first announced there was no counterparty, no maidsafe, no etherum, basically nothing like this. Now the mastercoin technology is outdated already.

Honestly Mastercoin, and by extension counterparty, needs a true killer app. Sorry to say it, but it's not going to be financial services. When mastercoin was invented Banks didn't take bitcoin or blockchain technology seriously. Now however they do- and they have the research budgets to build their own implementations. No fortune 500 needs an open source project with no network effect. Look at Counterparty- Overstock took them on and then realized they could do it without them. There's zero chance someone is going to pick up Mastercoin with it's checkered history if they could just build their own. Not to mention there are a lot more blockchain developers today than when Mastercoin was invented- so it's not like the talent pool is concentrated only in these open source projects anymore. Indeed commercial entities have stolen the talent AWAY from the open source projects if anything.

So what we really need, and all of the Bitcoin 2.0 tech needs (an era that has already passed? because of lack of implementation or usefulness?) needs, is a killer app, but it's hard to imagine at this point what that app might be.

more or less retired.
Matt Y

Activity: 647
Merit: 510

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 03:54:37 PM

Honestly Mastercoin, and by extension counterparty, needs a true killer app. Sorry to say it, but it's not going to be financial services.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/03/31/speed-reading-michael-lewis-s-flash-boys.html

A lot of the high-frequency traders, which Lewis asserts are at the heart of billions of dollars in costs are companies were unknown entities to many on Wall Street, let alone the general public. Companies (some now defunct) like Getco, Citadel, Hudson River Trading, Eagle Seven, Simplex Investments, Evolution Financial Technologies, Cooperfun, and DRW aren’t the bigshots featured in columns haranguing bankers in The New York Times. And yet at one point, says Lewis, Getco was responsible for 10 percent of the stock market.

http://symbiont.io/niederauer-backs-smart-securities-startup-symbiont/

Niederauer was joined by former co-head of trading at Citadel Matt Andresen, Getco founders Dan Tierney and Stephen Schuler, Allied World Assurance Company CEO Scott Carmilani, and Celeridem FinTech Fund. A Series A round of institutional investment is expected to close in the third quarter."

ejinte

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 12:47:46 AM

Ross explains what went wrong with mastercoin:
http://ripper234.com/p/so-whats-up/

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
0.6%-1% House Edge
hmmmstrange

Activity: 669

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 01:29:41 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2015, 01:48:10 AM by hmmmstrange

Ron and JR made a lot of huge mistakes, none of which are mentioned in Ron's pitiful blog post.

Oh poor Ron, he has a mental disorder, it excuses everything.
ejinte

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 02:20:32 AM

Ron and JR made a lot of huge mistakes, none of which are mentioned in Ron's pitiful blog post.

Oh poor Ron, he has a mental disorder, it excuses everything.

Perhaps they did as good as they could, but were not competent?

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
0.6%-1% House Edge
StarenseN
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 06:52:51 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2015, 09:09:48 AM by StarenseN

So he wanted to launch bitblu "the perfect solution to manage Cryptocurrency portfolio" but is whining about the fact the foundation couldn't extract some USD during the last bubble when he was CEO. See the irony?

That guy is nuts... At least he is franc, he could manage to play Starcraft 2 and start multirelationships (yeah).
deliciousowl

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 09:45:47 AM

Honestly Mastercoin, and by extension counterparty, needs a true killer app. Sorry to say it, but it's not going to be financial services.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/03/31/speed-reading-michael-lewis-s-flash-boys.html

A lot of the high-frequency traders, which Lewis asserts are at the heart of billions of dollars in costs are companies were unknown entities to many on Wall Street, let alone the general public. Companies (some now defunct) like Getco, Citadel, Hudson River Trading, Eagle Seven, Simplex Investments, Evolution Financial Technologies, Cooperfun, and DRW aren’t the bigshots featured in columns haranguing bankers in The New York Times. And yet at one point, says Lewis, Getco was responsible for 10 percent of the stock market.

http://symbiont.io/niederauer-backs-smart-securities-startup-symbiont/

Niederauer was joined by former co-head of trading at Citadel Matt Andresen, Getco founders Dan Tierney and Stephen Schuler, Allied World Assurance Company CEO Scott Carmilani, and Celeridem FinTech Fund. A Series A round of institutional investment is expected to close in the third quarter."

Counterparty is doing some crazy $#%*!!!

jrmg

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 11:06:45 PM

Are there any reason hold MSC anymore?
XCP have all great projects going Symbiont, GetGems, Spell Of Genesis etc but what there exactly are running with Omni?
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 11:58:41 PM

Are there any reason hold MSC anymore?
XCP have all great projects going Symbiont, GetGems, Spell Of Genesis etc but what there exactly are running with Omni?

MaidSafe is higher valuated than all XCP projects combined, based on coinmarketcap.com. And in regards to provided usefulness at the very moment (and volume) Tether is probably worth to mention.

Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: