Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:39:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Mastercoin Foundation, Master Protocol & Mastercoin Thread  (Read 165224 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 10:24:17 AM

Read the paper? Whoa, whoa, you're expecting a bit much from the people who have opinions about it.
True dat.  Even if I did read the paper, I almost never let fact get in the way of a strong opinion. 

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dirvine

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:39:31 PM

A quantity of 429,496,729 coins will be available for purchase, this equates to 10% of all safecoins
When JR did the MasterProtocol 100% of coins were available for purchase.  Even JR bought (with real money: bitcoin) every single share allocated to him.  Now, MaidSafe wants to take 90% of the coins - and decide later how they will distribute those.  What?!  

I was a big proponent with money set aside to do this project.  Now, I am not going to spend one red cent.  

What is this? is it Ripple?  How in the world do you anticipate your project being worth $80 million today?  That is more than 4 times the present value of Mastercoin which has money in the bank and some nice working funcitons.  All you guys have is 'seven years work' (which indicates you are very slow to build anything) and a fancy video.  

I am out.  I recommend to others to consider this outrageous valuation before throwing money into RipOffSafe.  

[MaidSafe employee]
Very possibly our messaging is not clear enough. There are ZERO founders shares here (as I said we intend to eat as the same table all other developers will on this network). This will explain some more of the thoughts   http://metaquestions.me/2014/04/12/safecoin-why-its-safe-and-what-it-means-for-us-all/ There are linked articles to see the whole thing being discussed.

7 years is a while, we were pretty underfunded so long hours and not much support. STL took 15 years to create with the best minds and largest companies. Everything cannot be built like 'there is an app for that'. Some stuff is hard, as I am sure you know, you can see the code clearly from here if it helps. http://maidsafe.net/network-platform-developers

The Master Protocol guys have been amazing and pulled together an excellent system for this participation by all of us. MaidSafe staff are all putting in their bitcoins, because we believe in it and believe in being equal. I hope this helps the understanding a bit.
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:45:28 PM

Yeah but Maidsafe if I understand correctly is built on mastercoin? Or traded on mastercoin? (Huh) either way, will make mastercoin more popular, and as an owner of some few mastercoins, I support it. :-)

As far as I understand it, MaidSafe uses Mastercoin only in the beginning - as long as there are no Safecoins available. So what you get when sending BTC or MSC are in fact Safecoin-tokens with the right to be converted to real Safecoins later.

Safecoin is supposed to be an independent cryptocurrency, so there will be no need to use any external protocol like Mastercoin forever.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:46:05 PM

Yeah but Maidsafe if I understand correctly is built on mastercoin? Or traded on mastercoin? (Huh) either way, will make mastercoin more popular, and as an owner of some few mastercoins, I support it. :-)

As far as I understand it, MaidSafe uses Mastercoin only in the beginning - as long as there are no Safecoins available. So what you get, when sending BTC or MSC are in fact Safecoin-tokens with the right to be converted to real Safecoins later.

Safecoin is supposed to be an independent cryptocurrency, so there will be no need to use any external protocol like Mastercoin forever.

ya.ya.yo!

Sounds complicated....

more or less retired.
dirvine

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:49:31 PM

As far as I understand it, MaidSafe uses Mastercoin only in the beginning - as long as there are no Safecoins available. So what you get when sending BTC or MSC are in fact Safecoin-tokens with the right to be converted to real Safecoins later.

ya.ya.yo!

Exactly. This allows the network to be seeded, independent dev pods to be seeded (MaidSafe competitors) and the whole thing to kick off for us all. MasterCoin helps the seeding then it converts to safecoin on the network. safecoin is independent of any existing mechanism.

I like it and cannot thank JR Craig and Ron enough for being able to facilitate this. It's a great use of the Master Protocol and I recommend it to others who look to seed independant currencies, or any such service. It is very pleasurable to work with the guys.
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 01:03:02 PM

Hi all,

I created a simple website which allows to lookup any unspent output from every address:

http://redeem.bitwatch.co/

Furthermore a raw transaction can be created which collects and combines unspent outputs whereby outputs from multiple addresses can be used.

The most important feature: standard multi signature outputs are included and it's very easy to redeem Mastercoin or Counterparty dust.

The basis for this was sipa's awesome address indexed Bitcoin branch which received some further additions.

Please note: this is experimental and feedback is appreciated. Smiley

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:51:56 PM

Hi all,

I created a simple website which allows to lookup any unspent output from every address:

http://redeem.bitwatch.co/

Furthermore a raw transaction can be created which collects and combines unspent outputs whereby outputs from multiple addresses can be used.

The most important feature: standard multi signature outputs are included and it's very easy to redeem Mastercoin or Counterparty dust.

The basis for this was sipa's awesome address indexed Bitcoin branch which received some further additions.

Please note: this is experimental and feedback is appreciated. Smiley

very cool!

more or less retired.
marcelus

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:38:30 PM

ya.ya.yo!

Exactly. This allows the network to be seeded, independent dev pods to be seeded (MaidSafe competitors) and the whole thing to kick off for us all. MasterCoin helps the seeding then it converts to safecoin on the network. safecoin is independent of any existing mechanism.

I like it and cannot thank JR Craig and Ron enough for being able to facilitate this. It's a great use of the Master Protocol and I recommend it to others who look to seed independant currencies, or any such service. It is very pleasurable to work with the guys.

Does safecoin have its own blockchain then?
JPage

Activity: 399
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:39:18 PM

Do you anticipate this being useful for the MaidSafe network?  http://www.extremetech.com/computing/178757-how-to-build-your-own-180tb-raid6-storage-array-for-9305

I plan to build one or two of these and deploy them with the express purpose of supporting MaidSafe.  Do you anticipate that 100Mbps is a bandwidth bottleneck which could prohibit full use of such a storage facility on MaidSafe?

Advice would be welcome.
dirvine

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:29:18 PM

ya.ya.yo!

Does safecoin have its own blockchain then?
Yes, but it is not a chain, it is a distributed consensus mechanism. So it is anonymous and not in the raw form, open to audit. Auditing tools may be built in an opt in way, but safecoin is not part of the blockchain.
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:56:39 PM

How can I buy MSC?  I'm on masterchain.info but I don't see how to deposit BTC and trade.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:06:54 PM

How can I buy MSC?  I'm on masterchain.info but I don't see how to deposit BTC and trade.
https://masterxchange.com/market.php?currency=msc
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:09:28 PM

Isn't there a decentralized exchange working?

Edit: Do I have to download the wallet for that?
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 11:14:51 PM

Yes! It works nicely as well! (A little slow, but it's decentralized!) You need a full bitcoin installation and then you get the masterchest wallet, you can find it all on the mastercoin homepage.

more or less retired.
gd_kuaile

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:42:38 AM

Maybe you can try to use https://masterchain.info/wallet.html

Here is the Blog about masterchain.info : http://blog.mastercoin.org/2014/04/15/masterchain-wallet-first-beta-release/
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1363

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 01:02:11 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 03:10:42 AM by BADecker

I have downloaded the "MasterchestWalletAlpha_Bin.zip" once yesterday, and 3 times today, from the "Windows Wallet" link at http://www.mastercoinwallets.org/. The files extract just fine using either 7-zip or WinZip. But when I try to run the "Masterchest_Wallet.exe" program, my Norton deletes it, and gives me a message that the file contained the "SONAR.Heuristic.120" trojan.

I am still successfully using the "MasterchestWalletAlpha_Bin.zip" that I downloaded mid-March. But I wanted to update it.

Any ideas anyone?

Smiley

EDIT: Okay, the same thing happens when I download the download zip from github at https://github.com/zathras-crypto/masterchest-wallet.

EDIT: I haven't determined what the problem was, so I bypassed Symantec. We'll see. Mastercoin works just fine.
I ran the computer using a Linux OS off a USB Flash drive. It seems to have deleted the anomaly.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
CycleSurfer

Activity: 189

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

I have Norton antivirus on my computer and had no problems installing Masterchest.  I also scanned the .exe on virustotal.com (which includes Symantec) with no warnings -- i.e. all clear 0/50.

Maybe check if your Norton is up-to-date.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1363

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 08:04:53 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 03:11:16 AM by BADecker

I have Norton antivirus on my computer and had no problems installing Masterchest.  I also scanned the .exe on virustotal.com (which includes Symantec) with no warnings -- i.e. all clear 0/50.

Maybe check if your Norton is up-to-date.

Thanks. Since others haven't expressed this problem, maybe it's the NSA tracking me. I'll do some checking to see. Thanks again.

Smiley

EDIT: I haven't determined what the problem was, so I bypassed Symantec. We'll see. Mastercoin works just fine.
I ran the computer using a Linux OS off a USB Flash drive. It seems to have deleted the anomaly.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
StarenseN
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 08:24:31 AM

Following
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 06:05:55 AM

Who's the lucky person that gets to trade 100's of thousands of Mastercoin for Bitcoin at the current market rate through this IPO??
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: