Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:29:41 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Mastercoin Foundation, Master Protocol & Mastercoin Thread  (Read 165239 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 07:40:17 PM

Now that Robby has shown everyone what he can do, he ought to beg Mastercoin for merge talks.  XCP isn't going to make it on its own.  Whatever is good and useful in that project could be ported over to Mastercoin and Robby can now contribute in a normal fashion along with other developers.  Of course, this isn't going to happen.

Robby wants to be the boss and tell everyone what to do.  Robby insists on a centralization scheme where he is the head. This is why counterparty exists - and this is why counterparty will die.  

Having worked closely with Robby over the last few months I can assure you that this is not the case.

Well Robby did try to tell Master Protocol all that was wrong with how they were running things.  He tried to get them to take him on as lead developer so he could organize future development.  Master Foundation told him to take a hike. 

So he did.  Then he forked Mastercoin.  Started CounterParty. Put in place a few nice tools which look good.  But XCP is worth 4 million and MSC is worth >$45 million.  CounterParty is sinking more each day.  Robby made loads of waves with the bitcoin core devs crying about OP_Return. 

CP is in big trouble.  Doubt it can go on much longer.

I think Mastercoin devs ought to look through CP code and take the good bits and leave the rest for waste.  They don't need Robby and his attitude at all.  Maybe there are a few good modules which could be useful in advancing some Mastercoin functions.  But, they sure don't need an egoist telling everyone how to operate. 

Robby doesn't know when to quit.  So we'll all see CP slip down the miserable slope of slow death.  Maybe it will last another year max.

In the meantime, isn't Master Protocol going to launch another project right after MaidSafe is complete? 

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:16:22 PM

with all respect, I have due to the rapid price increase of mastercoin almost the same amount of money in both projects, Counterparty Protocol is miles ahead regarding technology, usability and development, compared to Mastercoin Protocol. Of course Mastercoin has the money and what counts probably even more already contact to the big names in business. From my perspective there is absolutely no reason to directly attack one or the other, both projects will find its place.

Btw. I love the idea of maidsafe
ripper234
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 11:54:12 PM

http://mastercointalk.org/index.php?topic=408

The Mastercoin Foundation is offering up to $500 for any fix of a Medium, High or Critical bug, in either of these two projects:

https://github.com/mastercoin-MSC/omniwallet/issues
https://github.com/zathras-crypto/masterchest-wallet/issues

Terms and conditions:
  • We pay out $150 for a Medium priority bug, $350 for a High, and $500 for a Critical.
  • The bounty is paid for actual committed code (pull request) that is merged into the appropriate repo.
  • The bounty is paid in BTC, no extra MSC is awarded (BTC rate determined upon payment).
  • If multiple people submit pull requests, only the one that is accepted qualifies (if you're working on an issue and don't want someone to race you to it, please comment on it - play nice!)
  • It may take us some time to review and merge pull requests - please be patient as we're reviewing the PRs.
  • Only issues that have been tagged by us as Critical, High or Medium are eligable - Note that priorities may change for bugs without keeping a log on github ... when you start working on a bug or submit a fix, please note the current priority you see on a bug.
  • Role Based Bounties (full timers) are not eligible for this bounty.
  • Any work done on these bounties is outside the scope of the monthly $100,000 contest.

Note on Masterchest - a new version (0.4) of Masterchest is being released within the next few days. Any code that is merged into Masterchest should be based off the new version. I advise people to start your work with Omniwallet.

You can get online help on the dev Google Group, and on skype (ping me at ripper234 or Craig at udecker to be added to the MSC/Omni skype groups).

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association
xnova

Activity: 390
Merit: 254

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:02:39 AM

Now that Robby has shown everyone what he can do, he ought to beg Mastercoin for merge talks.  XCP isn't going to make it on its own.  Whatever is good and useful in that project could be ported over to Mastercoin and Robby can now contribute in a normal fashion along with other developers.  Of course, this isn't going to happen.

Robby wants to be the boss and tell everyone what to do.  Robby insists on a centralization scheme where he is the head. This is why counterparty exists - and this is why counterparty will die.  

Having worked closely with Robby over the last few months I can assure you that this is not the case.

Well Robby did try to tell Master Protocol all that was wrong with how they were running things.  He tried to get them to take him on as lead developer so he could organize future development.  Master Foundation told him to take a hike.  

So he did.  Then he forked Mastercoin.  Started CounterParty. Put in place a few nice tools which look good.  But XCP is worth 4 million and MSC is worth >$45 million.  CounterParty is sinking more each day.  Robby made loads of waves with the bitcoin core devs crying about OP_Return.  

CP is in big trouble.  Doubt it can go on much longer.

I think Mastercoin devs ought to look through CP code and take the good bits and leave the rest for waste.  They don't need Robby and his attitude at all.  Maybe there are a few good modules which could be useful in advancing some Mastercoin functions.  But, they sure don't need an egoist telling everyone how to operate.  

Robby doesn't know when to quit.  So we'll all see CP slip down the miserable slope of slow death.  Maybe it will last another year max.

In the meantime, isn't Master Protocol going to launch another project right after MaidSafe is complete?  

Why all the hate, DGulari? I have respect for the Mastercoin guys and I think we're all on the same side of the boat here, working to usher decentralized financial systems into a world rife with overleverage and counterparty risk. Congrats to them for their work with Maidsafe.

You don't grow something great by being petty and vindictive. From a time perspective, Counterparty is the younger project, and we are just now starting to find our footing on the marketing and bizdev fronts (having developed out the initial iteration of the technology).

Thanks for the folks in both camps who can draft a genuine and constructive set of criticisms that help both projects evolve, while not resorting into ad-hominem shit slinging against someone you've never met. I appreciate Craig reaching out at the recent expo, and opening the door for our projects to work together in the future.

-Robby

Visit the official Counterparty forums: http://counterpartytalk.org
ripper234
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 12:36:26 AM

Why all the hate, DGulari? I have respect for the Mastercoin guys and I think we're all on the same side of the boat here, working to usher decentralized financial systems into a world rife with overleverage and counterparty risk. Congrats to them for their work with Maidsafe.

You don't grow something great by being petty and vindictive. From a time perspective, Counterparty is the younger project, and we are just now starting to find our footing on the marketing and bizdev fronts (having developed out the initial iteration of the technology).

Thanks for the folks in both camps who can draft a genuine and constructive set of criticisms that help both projects evolve, while not resorting into ad-hominem shit slinging against someone you've never met. I appreciate Craig reaching out at the recent expo, and opening the door for our projects to work together in the future.

-Robby

+1 to that.

I haven't been spending a lot of time on the forums, but I wholeheartedly agree with the above.
There's plenty of room in the space for competition, and Counterparty did wonders to light a fire under our asses and make us haul them - and for that we are ever grateful Smiley

Keep up the good work all of you crypto-innovators.

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association
ejinte

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:12:14 AM

Amazing to finally be in the green. Go go go Mastercoin!
Passed Ripple in Market cap!!

Maybe Masterxchange should trade maid/mtc as well?

What possibility are possible in the combination mastercoin/safecoin/namecoin?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.6%-1% House Edge
ejinte

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:16:21 AM

dubbelpost

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.6%-1% House Edge
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:12:32 AM

I was thinking of buying some maidcoins anyways
Kind of funny that I went to use Mastercoin exchange to cover the Mastercoins I am using at the launch

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
newuser01

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:22:41 AM

Hello

I have tried to get a hold of some mastercoins the last few weeks

Is the only way to buy them at https://masterxchange.com?

jeroenn13

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:30:23 AM

Hello

Yes, I can also sell you Mastercoin if you are interested. PM me.
I can send Mastercoin directly. (http://mastercointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=16)

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
hmmmstrange

Activity: 669

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:34:16 AM

Hello

You can also use a mastercoin wallet and purchase them directly from the decentralized exchange.

http://www.mastercoinwallets.org/
hmmmstrange

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:39:38 AM

Yes, I can also sell you Mastercoin if you are interested. PM me.
I can send Mastercoin directly. (http://mastercointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=16)
What's up with your website? suspended?
bones

Activity: 248

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:40:20 AM

Such big plans

but not even able to arrange a BTC or MSC address for funding on time ....
hmmmstrange

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:43:18 AM

Such big plans

but not even able to arrange a BTC or MSC address for funding on time ....

Safecoin isn't scheduled to start for an other 15 minutes.
bones

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:45:39 AM

9am GMT  been and gone 45 mins ago

ok its up now
Alias

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

Money be green

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:44:09 AM

It looks like they pulled the Mastercoin buy-in option. http://www.buysafecoins.com/

I had noticed some huge discrepancies across the Mastercoin explorers.

They'll probably raise their goal with Bitcoin alone shortly.

In times of change, it is the learners who will inherit the earth, while the learned will find themselves beautifully equipped for a world that no longer exists.
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:10:06 AM

This is a joke right?
Alias

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

Money be green

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:18:02 AM

This is a joke right?

Nope. That's what it looks like. We await confirmation however. It might appear here - https://twitter.com/maidsafe/status/458559544881586176.

In times of change, it is the learners who will inherit the earth, while the learned will find themselves beautifully equipped for a world that no longer exists.
BldSwtTrs
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:19:31 AM

I think they was receiving too much MSC relative to BTC.
bones

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:22:07 AM

they wanted it all in MSC, it was all getting converted for them...  by  the " safe address "

they only raised 2.5k BTC out 0f 18k so far

no idea how many MSC

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: