Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:26:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Mastercoin Foundation, Master Protocol & Mastercoin Thread  (Read 165239 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 09:29:20 AM

Does anyone know if omni wallets been properly tested and if it allows trade of assets?

Omniwallet is still in alpha testing.  They only do MSC/TSMC/BTC at the moment from what I can see.

https://test.omniwallet.org/

Sounds about right getting that impression Davids the kind of bloke that would pay $5m to launch i.o.u's on badly coded alpha software  Cool jk I know you mastercoin guys are really serious  Grin

omni wallet was fixed to allow for sending maidsafe coins, i have done it myself
ripper234
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 02:03:39 PM

Does anyone know if omni wallets been properly tested and if it allows trade of assets?

Omniwallet is still in alpha testing.  They only do MSC/TSMC/BTC at the moment from what I can see.

https://test.omniwallet.org/

Sounds about right getting that impression Davids the kind of bloke that would pay $5m to launch i.o.u's on badly coded alpha software  Cool jk I know you mastercoin guys are really serious  Grin

omni wallet was fixed to allow for sending maidsafe coins, i have done it myself

I believe it still doesn't show balances correctly.

https://github.com/mastercoin-MSC/omniwallet/issues/398

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:17:11 PM

Hmmm,

Maybe I'm smoking crack but did this thread get F-N moved again?

Can we get a thread title of something that will stay in the altcoin section?

Maybe like a "mastercoin public comments (feedback)" whatever thread? I'd start one but then I'd have to moderate it.

ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 03:28:20 PM

Hmmm,

Maybe I'm smoking crack but did this thread get F-N moved again?

Can we get a thread title of something that will stay in the altcoin section?

Maybe like a "mastercoin public comments (feedback)" whatever thread? I'd start one but then I'd have to moderate it.

Seems like it. I don't know why we keeping being moved.
Anybody got a connection to a bitcointalk moderator that we can talk with about this?

JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 04:58:23 PM

lifeboat bump from page 4!

And this thread is sinking faster then the titanic.

dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 07:58:07 PM

Does anyone have a full trade history of masterxchange which goes back more than 48 hours?

I want to evaluate the statement "many lost coins because we bought MSC to buy MaidSafeCoins". I suspect this is a highly subjective statement.

As far as I remember the trading volume peaked at about 250 BTC per 24 hours prior to the crowdfunding which would imply - even if we assume every trade was a MSC purchase and not a sale and furthermore a purchase of MSC to later buy MaidSafeCoins - the total amount of people who were "screwed" is much, much lower than it sounds. Especially because I think it's safe to assume some of those were able to purchase MaidSafeCoins.

Please don't get me wrong, I don't want to offend anyone who was not able to purchase MaidSafeCoins of course! Smiley

udecker

Activity: 142
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:09:45 PM

Does anyone have a full trade history of masterxchange which goes back more than 48 hours?

I want to evaluate the statement "many lost coins because we bought MSC to buy MaidSafeCoins". I suspect this is a highly subjective statement.

As far as I remember the trading volume peaked at about 250 BTC per 24 hours prior to the crowdfunding which would imply - even if we assume every trade was a MSC purchase and not a sale and furthermore a purchase of MSC to later buy MaidSafeCoins - the total amount of people who were "screwed" is much, much lower than it sounds. Especially because I think it's safe to assume some of those were able to purchase MaidSafeCoins.

Please don't get me wrong, I don't want to offend anyone who was not able to purchase MaidSafeCoins of course! Smiley

Perhaps
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/pair/msc/btc/masterxchange/10-days
or
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=2-days&resolution=hour&pair=msc-btc&market=masterxchange
?

]
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 10:10:38 PM

Ah, the first link is great:

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=3-months&resolution=day&pair=msc-btc&market=masterxchange

So there was a great spike of about 2600 MSC.

Let's also look at the distributed exchange and the data provided by mymastercoins.com:

So far I would say the amount of presumably traded MSC which may have been bought with the intention of participating in the crowdsale was very roughly about 3000 MSC. This does not reflect the real numbers, because it also includes sales and those traders who bought or sold MSC for other reasons. It also does not include OTC trades.

As a remainder: about 94000 MSC were raised during the crowdsale. 3k out of 94k is less than 3.2 %.

What does this mean? Either my approach is totally flawed or the amount of potentially screwed users is quite low and the few who were affected are (for a good reason) those who speak up loud. Furthermore one could conclude most MaidSafeCoins were bought by MSC holders or with the intention to fill the Bitcoin nominated buys which were about 6k BTC.

Now what's also very interesting: the amount of moved MSC during that day. It's extreme! Grin

ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 10:37:32 PM

Wow, that's phenomenal ... especially the moved MSC figures!
(I'd love to get that on a live chart website btw)

prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 10:56:32 PM

fyi we are on a new ranking site

http://www.coingecko.com/

cool methodology - bummer they are using the FB foundation page rather then the group which has way more people, but that would be fixed when we get a new website

or i might try to wrestle with our canned web tempalte to insert an FB, Twitter, reddit button on the side bar
ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 10:59:30 PM

fyi we are on a new ranking site

http://www.coingecko.com/

cool methodology - bummer they are using the FB foundation page rather then the group which has way more people, but that would be fixed when we get a new website

or i might try to wrestle with our canned web tempalte to insert an FB, Twitter, reddit button on the side bar

We should ask them to tweak some of the info here:

http://www.coingecko.com/coins/mastercoin

E.g. I'm not sure the spec is the best of our repositories to use, and mymastercoins.com linked as the block explorer isn't actually our go to block explorer (no offence Alvin!).

ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 10:59:51 PM

P.S.

Great find Dom!

Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:17:53 AM

Sorry guys if I could steal this conversation away from you jerk-offs working out your legal defence for a second  Grin

Is possible to get on the topic on how these maidsafe coin are going to be sent? and what the progress is on this front?
ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 01:20:41 AM

Sorry guys if I could steal this conversation away from you jerk-offs working out your legal defence for a second  Grin

Is possible to get on the topic on how these maidsafe coin are going to be sent? and what the progress is on this front?

Omniwallet is the best (only?) option right now

MasterChest wallet v0.4 is coming, but was delayed a bit. I think the new ETA is 7 days from now.

Chang Hum

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:26:18 AM

Sorry guys if I could steal this conversation away from you jerk-offs working out your legal defence for a second  Grin

MasterChest wallet v0.4 is coming, but was delayed a bit. I think the new ETA is 7 days from now.

Oh ok Omni wallet is working then? I'm re-index blockchain now so could try that when I'm finished but paranoid about untrusted .exe and alpha software for transmitting this kind of sum!! What are your thoughts?
ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 01:28:28 AM

Oh ok Omni wallet is working then? I'm re-index blockchain now so could try that when I'm finished but paranoid about untrusted .exe and alpha software for transmitting this kind of sum!! What are your thoughts?

Omniwallet ... but read the disclaimers.

Both Omni and Masterchest are Alpha Software.
Use at your discretion.
No warranty is provided.

Yes, it's amazing that MaidSafe chose to go with the Master Protocol, with the software at this early stage ... they had timing constraints, and didn't want to delay it.

Chang Hum

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:00:52 AM

Use at your discretion.
No warranty is provided.

Yes, it's amazing that MaidSafe chose to go with the Master Protocol, with the software at this early stage ... they had timing constraints, and didn't want to delay it.

cheers for info! whose omniwallet written by?
niner

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

You are here ---------> but you're not all there.

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 03:47:38 AM

Use at your discretion.
No warranty is provided.

I wonder if masterchain.info (web wallet) will be implementing MaidSafe support soon.
Their wallet works fine for simple sends with Mastercoin.  Would it not be trivial to add MaidSafe to it?
They are in beta at least.

Ⓑ Ⓘ Ⓣ Ⓒ Ⓞ Ⓘ Ⓝ 1NMBixVgJyA63MExRuChcxjhKAW1QkvZU4
digital49ers.com   bitcoin.de   Alt Coins: CryptsyVircurex
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:46:07 AM

Sorry guys if I could steal this conversation away from you jerk-offs working out your legal defence for a second  Grin

Use at your discretion.
No warranty is provided.

I wonder if masterchain.info (web wallet) will be implementing MaidSafe support soon.
Their wallet works fine for simple sends with Mastercoin.  Would it not be trivial to add MaidSafe to it?
They are in beta at least.

I already see my maidsafecoins in my masterchest online. I think the mastcoin protocol has been pretty freaking fantastic in this instance. Maybe the price is down a lot but I am seriously, seriously, impressed. Now only if it could be a little bit faster.....

I wonder if mastercoin might be even nicer on something with faster blocktimes? Like Litecoin? Just asking! Don't kill me for mentioning it! :-)

more or less retired.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:47:31 AM

In conversation with maxmint on how to do this, as its currently not easy to send MSAFE to masterxchange, unless you understand and trust Omniwallet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: