Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:57:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Mastercoin Foundation, Master Protocol & Mastercoin Thread  (Read 165230 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:18:59 AM

Sorry guys if I could steal this conversation away from you jerk-offs working out your legal defence for a second  Grin

Is possible to get on the topic on how these maidsafe coin are going to be sent? and what the progress is on this front?
In conversation with maxmint on how to do this, as its currently not easy to send MSAFE to masterxchange, unless you understand and trust Omniwallet.

Is there any reason to trust it? do you know who wrote it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:34:33 AM

Sorry guys if I could steal this conversation away from you jerk-offs working out your legal defence for a second  Grin

Is possible to get on the topic on how these maidsafe coin are going to be sent? and what the progress is on this front?
In conversation with maxmint on how to do this, as its currently not easy to send MSAFE to masterxchange, unless you understand and trust Omniwallet.

I meant from a usability point of view, as its alpha (scary to non-coders), and maxmint was reporting a problem with it yesterday.

Heres the problem....Ive sent a small amount of MSC to maxmint, from masterxchange to buy MSAFE. I would like for maxmint to send MSAFE straight to masterxchange, but they say they need an address that the owner of the sent MSAFE has control of the private keys (they also need the sending address, before i/maxmint sends). If maxmint is ok with sending me the private keys after he has sent to masterxchange, problem solved, as i dont have to worry about dealing with buggy wallet sofwarez.

Will update.

Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:45:02 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 03:55:51 AM by Chang Hum

I meant from a usability point of view, as its alpha (scary to non-coders), and maxmint was reporting a problem with it yesterday.

Heres the problem....Ive sent a small amount of MSC to maxmint, from masterxchange to buy MSAFE. I would like for maxmint to send MSAFE straight to masterxchange, but they say they need an address that the owner of the sent MSAFE has control of the private keys (they also need the sending address, before i/maxmint sends). If maxmint is ok with sending me the private keys after he has sent to masterxchange, problem solved, as i dont have to worry about dealing with buggy wallet sofwarez.

Will update.

Thanks for explanation, yeah I'm really nervous about using it. I would consider just about everything I've seen from the counterparty devs to be vastly superior to mastercoin (not knocking the greatest criminals this month in crypto!) but even some of the counterwallets (web based) got hacked (in the same way as omni did I believe just 10 days ago?) lost 1 bitcoin myself, tho the devs have offered to honor it.
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:26:52 AM

Will update.

Thanks for explanation, yeah I'm really nervous about using it. I would consider just about everything I've seen from the counterparty devs to be vastly superior to mastercoin (not knocking the greatest criminals this month in crypto!) but even some of the counterwallet (web based) got hacked that imported private keys (lost 1 bitcoin myself, tho the devs have offered to honor it)
Yes, i should have added in that explanation, that i must also be able to safely sweep the raw private keys into omni/other usable wallet, if i choose to in the future.

bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:39:49 AM

Ah, the first link is great:

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=3-months&resolution=day&pair=msc-btc&market=masterxchange

So there was a great spike of about 2600 MSC.

Let's also look at the distributed exchange and the data provided by mymastercoins.com:

So far I would say the amount of presumably traded MSC which may have been bought with the intention of participating in the crowdsale was very roughly about 3000 MSC. This does not reflect the real numbers, because it also includes sales and those traders who bought or sold MSC for other reasons. It also does not include OTC trades.

As a remainder: about 94000 MSC were raised during the crowdsale. 3k out of 94k is less than 3.2 %.

What does this mean? Either my approach is totally flawed or the amount of potentially screwed users is quite low and the few who were affected are (for a good reason) those who speak up loud. Furthermore one could conclude most MaidSafeCoins were bought by MSC holders or with the intention to fill the Bitcoin nominated buys which were about 6k BTC.

Now what's also very interesting: the amount of moved MSC during that day. It's extreme! Grin

Ok, Lets take your extremely conservative amount in consideration,
considering that almost all of the mastercoins sold ranged between .15 - .2,
Lets take the lower value .15 per MSC

.15 x 3000 =450 bitcoins - $225,000

Say everyone made a 33% loss having to sell at .1, thats a $75,000 loss

But this is being really conservative,

Mathematically, the loss will have been alot larger than this, i would predict a $150k loss miniimum, including off exchange sales, but i havn't gone through the order book
and i am sure the mastercoin guys know better than meby the complaints they are probably gettting emailed

maxmint

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:11:25 AM

Will update.

I'm sorry, but I won't do any sending of private keys. Omniwallet seems to be working now for sending of MSAFE, so you could create a new address there and then send from this address to MasterXchange. (I also sent you a PM about this)

My PGP-Key: 462D02D8
Verify my messages using keybase: https://keybase.io/maxmint
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:55:07 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2014, 04:18:40 PM by stereotype

Will update.

I'm sorry, but I won't do any sending of private keys. Omniwallet seems to be working now for sending of MSAFE, so you could create a new address there and then send from this address to MasterXchange. (I also sent you a PM about this)

Got that. Cant see masterxchange changing their process, so guess its Omni or bust.  Undecided

EDIT: Tried to send from Omni and got error.  Sad

"Funds could not be sent: Error sending transaction: parseScript is not defined"

EDIT EDIT: I was using Firefox. The recommendation to switch to Chrome, works. MSAFE funds sent.  Smiley
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:41:26 PM

.....however!...the send to masterxchange is on the network as a 'medium priority', and is now 1.5hours without its first confirm. I sent with 0.0001 fee.

Does it need more fees for high priority?

https://blockchain.info/tx/47e4852af03b07c8e9d9d29c2304e90653f9a435d1c6c0350bc436be1989d5d7
jeroenn13

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:04:37 PM

.....however!...the send to masterxchange is on the network as a 'medium priority', and is now 1.5hours without its first confirm. I sent with 0.0001 fee.

https://blockchain.info/tx/47e4852af03b07c8e9d9d29c2304e90653f9a435d1c6c0350bc436be1989d5d7

Lol you added no fees to your transaction (Only 1 satoshi Smiley. Could be a whole day to wait until confirmation.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:09:38 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2014, 06:19:45 PM by stereotype

Lol you added no fees to your transaction (Only 1 satoshi Smiley. Could be a whole day to wait until confirmation.

Omni requested I send with 0.0001btc fee. Thats what i did.

EDIT: i think youre right.
Im not sure the way you can change the decimal point on the btc amounts, is not working correctly, and/or not clear enough.
Will try again.  
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 06:13:22 PM

Are you able to describe in greater detail how this happend? Actually this should not be possible and a minumum fee of at least 0.001 BTC is enforced, so I'm really curios how you ended up with 1 Satoshi.

stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:43:05 PM

Are you able to describe in greater detail how this happend? Actually this should not be possible and a minumum fee of at least 0.001 BTC is enforced, so I'm really curios how you ended up with 1 Satoshi.

I was on 'indivisible SP3'. Where i should have put 10000 as a fee, i entered 0.0001 (still took 0.0001 though....actually it took 0.0001111??). I agree, the minimum should be enforced, however, the floating confirmation order ticket that appears will display whatever fee you want/entered previously...correct or incorrect.
Also, nothing shows in my history.

Anyway, i have a bigger problem now. Ive just tried to send 2 x 5000 MSAFE (using corect fee!). The ticket confirms funds sent, and when i click the 'check' button, there is no record of it on the network, but my funds have not moved or changed from Ominwallet. It just didnt happen??
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 06:49:16 PM

Ah I see you re-spent the output. Good move. One of the transactions confirmed a few seconds ago:

https://blockchain.info/tx/ae5532ed8d3935ee75245107fe9c3d1ed261e994bf44ea2c6d66c9fc3b0c8150

You transferred 5000 MaidSafeCoins as far as I can see. This should be fine and also in about 5 min visible here, too:

https://masterchest.info/lookuptx.aspx?TXID=ae5532ed8d3935ee75245107fe9c3d1ed261e994bf44ea2c6d66c9fc3b0c8150

stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:54:02 PM

Ah I see you re-spent the output. Good move. One of the transactions confirmed a few seconds ago:

https://blockchain.info/tx/ae5532ed8d3935ee75245107fe9c3d1ed261e994bf44ea2c6d66c9fc3b0c8150

You transferred 5000 MaidSafeCoins as far as I can see. This should be fine and also in about 5 min visible here, too:

https://masterchest.info/lookuptx.aspx?TXID=ae5532ed8d3935ee75245107fe9c3d1ed261e994bf44ea2c6d66c9fc3b0c8150
Wow. I can double spend, and i have no idea how!!

Cant see any of the above in the Omniwallet history?
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Will update.

Got that. Cant see masterxchange changing their process, so guess its Omni or bust.  Undecided

"Funds could not be sent: Error sending transaction: parseScript is not defined"

EDIT EDIT: I was using Firefox. The recommendation to switch to Chrome, works. MSAFE funds sent.  Smiley

Which version of Firefox are you using?

stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:14:15 PM

Will update.

EDIT EDIT: I was using Firefox. The recommendation to switch to Chrome, works. MSAFE funds sent.  Smiley

Which version of Firefox are you using?

BldSwtTrs
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:12:45 AM

David Johnston was talking about selling MSAFE for guys stuck with MSC who couldn't make it during the fundraising, is it still relevant? What should we do?
mcjavar

Activity: 784

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 08:54:45 AM

How can I send MSAFE from one address (in blockchain currently) to another when I´m using windows? I was checking out omniwallet, but for me it seems that that´s only working with linux. Right?

EDIT: Accordint to the Google Spreadsheet I should have around 77k MSAFe on this address: 1AW7hAkodXq6TCQuSaP5A1MbiCPhoixUmd
Now, according to test.omniwallet.org there is 0.

Any ideas?
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 08:57:05 AM

David Johnston was talking about selling MSAFE for guys stuck with MSC who couldn't make it during the fundraising, is it still relevant? What should we do?
Try here.... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=582713.msg6370618#msg6370618
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 08:59:45 AM

How can I send MSAFE from one address (in blockchain currently) to another when I´m using windows? I was checking out omniwallet, but for me it seems that that´s only working with linux. Right?

Omniwallet works with windows.

You cannot use QT or blockchain.info to send MSAFE.

Import your address into Omniwallet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: