Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:40:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Mastercoin Foundation, Master Protocol & Mastercoin Thread  (Read 165239 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:02:40 PM

Where can I find info on how to convert MSC to MaidSafeCoin?
marcelus

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:07:53 PM

Where can I find info on how to convert MSC to MaidSafeCoin?

masterxchange.com
BldSwtTrs
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 09:37:46 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2014, 09:57:13 AM by BldSwtTrs

When I try to send MSAFE with omniwallet it failed with the following errors:

With Chrome:

Funds could not be sent: Server error: <html>
 <head><title>502 Bad Gateway</title></head>
 <body bgcolor="white">
 <center><h1>502 Bad Gateway</h1></center>
 <hr><center>nginx/1.4.7</center>
 </body>
 </html>
 <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->

With Internet Explorer:

Funds could not be sent: Server error: <html> <head><title>502 Bad Gateway</title></head> <body bgcolor="white"> <center><h1>502 Bad Gateway</h1></center> <hr><center>nginx/1.4.7</center> </body> </html>

With Firefox:

Funds could not be sent: Server error: <html> <head><title>502 Bad Gateway</title></head> <body bgcolor="white"> <center><h1>502 Bad Gateway</h1></center> <hr><center>nginx/1.4.7</center> </body> </html>
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 09:49:19 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2014, 11:41:55 AM by Chang Hum

has this been resolved?   source: http://bitcoinpete.com/2014/04/16/ex-post-toronto-bitcoin-expo/

A couple of boys from Alabama under the “BitStore” banner found a way to upload an iOS app without submitting it to Apple’s App Store, effectively cracking the cartel and opening the ecosystem to Android-like development. This was less interesting than the insight from one of the BitStore guys who audited the code of OmniWallet, a Mastercoin web wallet that was shamelessly pumped all weekend despite being in “pre-alpha,” and found that OmniWallet stores user info and private keys unencrypted in plain text on its servers, making OmniWallet a Flexcoin waiting to happen. [↩]
nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 09:59:52 AM

When I try to send MSAFE with omniwallet it failed with the following errors:

With Chrome:

Funds could not be sent: Server error: <html>
 <head><title>502 Bad Gateway</title></head>
 <body bgcolor="white">
 <center><h1>502 Bad Gateway</h1></center>
 <hr><center>nginx/1.4.7</center>
 </body>
 </html>

With Internet Explorer:

With Firefox:

get the same - on two stations
BldSwtTrs
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 11:34:29 AM

So right now there isn't any way to send MSAFE with the *awesome* master protocol, right?

jeroenn13

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 11:37:20 AM

So right now there isn't any way to send MSAFE with the *awesome* master protocol, right?

There is.
Just make sure you have enough BTC on your MSAFE address.

It's that easy yes.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
ripper234
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 11:51:04 AM

has this been resolved?   source: http://bitcoinpete.com/2014/04/16/ex-post-toronto-bitcoin-expo/

A couple of boys from Alabama under the “BitStore” banner found a way to upload an iOS app without submitting it to Apple’s App Store, effectively cracking the cartel and opening the ecosystem to Android-like development. This was less interesting than the insight from one of the BitStore guys who audited the code of OmniWallet, a Mastercoin web wallet that was shamelessly pumped all weekend despite being in “pre-alpha,” and found that OmniWallet stores user info and private keys unencrypted in plain text on its servers, making OmniWallet a Flexcoin waiting to happen. [↩]

To the best of my knowledge, this is absolutely 100% not correct. We'll wait for the U.S dev team to wake up and double check.

In any case, there are right and wrong ways to do security disclosure. The wrong way is posting it on in forum/blog, the right way is sending it to security@mastercoin.org (I'm not pointing a finger at you you, but rather at the team who did the so called 'audit').

We have a security program - if anyone actually finds a security concerns, they get rewarded.

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association
BldSwtTrs
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:01:33 PM

There is.
Just make sure you have enough BTC on your MSAFE address.

It's that easy yes.
I have enough BTC on my MSAFE address.

It doesn't work yes.
hiter

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:02:17 PM

Got a thread back, nice one
Whats is the reationship between master coin to safe coin?

it is a good question
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:48:33 PM

@Chang

Why have you reverted to vulgar and pointless posts, now?
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:05:26 PM

Full of shit but worth a read ...
http://mastercointalk.org/index.php?topic=460.0
Appears to be a transparent and self critical attempt to address real issues that people have. Its a lot more than we would often be given, in the Bitcoin share markets.

Chang, change your coffee brand.
MisterT

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:13:35 PM

What so safecoin market manipulates msc?
marcelus

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:10:38 PM

What so safecoin market manipulates msc?

The question on everyone's lips.
ejinte

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 07:46:04 PM

Well for me who got a average buy in price to Mastercoin at 0.17 after started buying at 0.419 through buymastercoins.com, I'm pretty happy to have converted a big chunk of my Mastercoins to MaidSafe. So not everyone is angry  Wink

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.6%-1% House Edge
mastercoin_foundation (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:38:16 AM

To the best of my knowledge, this is absolutely 100% not correct. We'll wait for the U.S dev team to wake up and double check.

In any case, there are right and wrong ways to do security disclosure. The wrong way is posting it on in forum/blog, the right way is sending it to security@mastercoin.org (I'm not pointing a finger at you you, but rather at the team who did the so called 'audit').

We have a security program - if anyone actually finds a security concerns, they get rewarded.

This is definitely not true, and was never true.  Anyone spreading false rumors faces legal liability in civil court.

I guess we have found a new revenue stream to fund our legal and regulatory engagement team- just kidding.  Cool
Chang Hum

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:43:48 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2014, 01:42:54 PM by Chang Hum

This is definitely not true, and was never true.  Anyone spreading false rumors faces legal liability in civil court.

I guess we have found a new revenue stream to fund our legal and regulatory engagement team- just kidding.  Cool

I think that it's you guys that will be facing legal liability lol.... Anyway can't see a reason mods have deleted this post except to misguide investors so I'll post it again and keep posting it everytime it's deleted. If I'm making false claims in this table mathematical mistakes can be easily dis-proven  Cool

I think it's worth noting for the devs here that Mastercoins business model is inherently floored and unattractive to anyone looking to issue digital tokens. The table below shows what % of the entire free market  Huh of Mastercoins have to be purchased in order to have a succesful asset issuance.

It also means that by their model they have to fix the price depending on how many assets are to be issued, and significant value is lost from the investment pool into the hands of Mastercoin holders.

Mastercoin Price                      Madesafe per Mastercoin                      Mastercoin required for IPO                %of mastercoin in existance                                      
0.0001 (real value, pre ipo)                    1.7                                                       252645135                                         40700%
0.06 (maidsafe move price 1)                1020                                                      421075                                            68% (lol)
0.08 (maidsafe move price 2)                1360                                                      315806                                            51%
0.2  (crowdsource incentive price)     3400                                                                  126322                                                       20%  

Maths for madesafe per Mastercoin = Bitcoin conversion price*Mastercoin price
Maths for mastercoin required for IPO = 429496729.6(maidsafe issued)/madesafe per mastercoin
Maths for % of mastercoin in existence = (mastercoin required for IPO/619478.6(mastercoin exist))*100

Edited to change real value (missed a .0) as explained here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.7860
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:54:56 AM

Are you done ?
mastercoin_foundation (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:10:12 AM

This is definitely not true, and was never true.  Anyone spreading false rumors faces legal liability in civil court.

I guess we have found a new revenue stream to fund our legal and regulatory engagement team- just kidding.  Cool

I think that it's you guys that will be facing legal liability lol.... Anyway can't see a reason mods have deleted this post except to misguide investors so I'll post it again and keep posting it everytime it's deleted. If I'm making false claims in this table mathematical mistakes can be easily dis-proven  Cool

I think it's worth noting for the devs here that Mastercoins business model is inherently floored and unattractive to anyone looking to issue digital tokens. The table below shows what % of the entire free market  Huh of Mastercoins have to be purchased in order to have a succesful asset issuance.

It also means that by their model they have to fix the price depending on how many assets are to be issued, and significant value is lost from the investment pool into the hands of Mastercoin holders.

Mastercoin Price                      Madesafe per Mastercoin                      Mastercoin required for IPO                %of mastercoin in existance                                      
0.001 (real value, pre ipo)                    17                                                        25264513                                         4000%
0.06 (maidsafe move price 1)                1020                                                      421075                                            68% (lol)
0.08 (maidsafe move price 2)                1360                                                      315806                                            51%
0.2  (crowdsource incentive price)     3400                                                                  126322                                                       20%  

Maths for madesafe per Mastercoin = Bitcoin conversion price*Mastercoin price
Maths for mastercoin required for IPO = 429496729.6(maidsafe issued)/madesafe per mastercoin
Maths for % of mastercoin in existence = (mastercoin required for IPO/619478.6(mastercoin exist))*100

This is totally fine to post if you stick to the facts and your opinions.  But the second you use vulgar language, anything that is  plain rude or anything that is defamatory, I reserve the right to delete.  Perhaps improve your manners.

Have a nice day.
Chang Hum

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:16:14 AM

Fair enough, i think on a scale of bad manners and causing $3million of measurable financial damage the latter tips the scale but that's just my opinion, hopefully might teach you about fraud.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: