Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:53:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Mastercoin Foundation, Master Protocol & Mastercoin Thread  (Read 165239 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 03:49:58 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2014, 04:12:49 PM by vokain

I'll check with Adam and Aric why this wasn't fixed already, should have been done a couple months ago.

Check your spam folder.  
Yeah, yeah.  Typical response: 'the problem is on your end'.  Dude, about 14,254 people had the same issue for months - now you want to blame me for not knowing how to use a spam folder.  Maybe the issue is on the server?  Did you consider that?  Duh!

Let's face it - the Mastercoin forum is totally mismanaged and as a result nobody will visit.  The posts are quickly stale and the conversations are totally dead.  New participants are blocked from joining - in the name of 'security'.  We wouldn't want any hackers to spread bad opinions - we need top security with e-mail background checks and high level encrypted passwords.  You've locked the thing down so tight - nobody will join.  Good one.

I just tried registering another account there. It's been about a minute and I haven't gotten any confirmation email. I'll update us in the case it comes through.

edit:I got an email at the time of this post [X:49] in my "junk" folder. Using Gmail.
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 04:20:46 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2014, 04:50:02 PM by RawDog

I'll check with Adam and Aric why this wasn't fixed already, should have been done a couple months ago.

Check your spam folder.  
Yeah, yeah.  Typical response: 'the problem is on your end'.  Dude, about 14,254 people had the same issue for months - now you want to blame me for not knowing how to use a spam folder.  Maybe the issue is on the server?  Did you consider that?  Duh!

Let's face it - the Mastercoin forum is totally mismanaged and as a result nobody will visit.  The posts are quickly stale and the conversations are totally dead.  New participants are blocked from joining - in the name of 'security'.  We wouldn't want any hackers to spread bad opinions - we need top security with e-mail background checks and high level encrypted passwords.  You've locked the thing down so tight - nobody will join.  Good one.

I just tried registering another account there. It's been about a minute and I haven't gotten any confirmation email. I'll update us in the case it comes through.

edit:I got an email at the time of this post [X:49] in my "junk" folder. Using Gmail.
Yep.  That is the same thing you guys said the last 15 times people complained of this.  

Nevertheless, the MasterProtocol forum is grossly mismanaged and as a result is mostly dead.   It totally destroys the budding interest of newly arriving talent trying to learn more when they hit the dead end that is the Masterprotocol Forum.  So they go over to work on NXT where they find a thriving community and clean looking interfaces.  I predict this will be the ultimate undoing of MasterProtocol.  Talented people won't continue to jump on the train.

Indeed an important exodus has already taken place.  Tachihoma is working for NXT; Buterin is working for Ethereum; Graz/Grimentz is doing their own clone of MSCProto; among others.  Couple this with the high barrier to entry and MSC is begging to get shuffled over to the crypto whey side.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
jeroenn13

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 05:04:12 PM

The forum is managed as any other forum.
Staff is responding to questions.

The registration and verification process is also basic SMF configuration. This means if you cannot register on mastercointalk you also not able to register at any other smf forum (bitcointalk, litecointalk).

Do not blame mastercointalk for this. Its basic stuff.

Edit: I am not responding to these trolls anymore.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
RawDog
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 08:53:18 PM

Except that people keep trying to sign up and they get rejected and complain here.  ...oh, and apart from the fact that people actually participate in other forums too.  Calling everyone a 'troll' won't get people to use the forum.  Getting them to sign up may.

Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 11:26:23 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 03:30:57 AM by vokain

Except that people keep trying to sign up and they get rejected and complain here.  ...oh, and apart from the fact that people actually participate in other forums too.  Calling everyone a 'troll' won't get people to use the forum.  Getting them to sign up may.

What email service are you using?
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:23:37 PM

"There have been reports on problems with addresses without public key on the blockchain - If you add the address to an empty wallet using the private key option, they should be resolved."

... above quote from Grazcoin post at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583370.0 under "Known issues:"

I read something somewhere about this exact problem.  I believe you just need to send BTC from that address so it is known.  I could be wrong, and I cant remember where I read it.

Good luck

Thank you for your help! I've tested both options. They both resolve the problem.

Would be a good idea to either fix this or offer an error message which contains a remark on these possible solutions.

Will retry forum registration now.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
yayayo
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:38:59 PM

The registration and verification process is also basic SMF configuration. This means if you cannot register on mastercointalk you also not able to register at any other smf forum (bitcointalk, litecointalk).

I doubt that bitcointalk and mastercointalk have the same configuration. At least the SMF version is clearly not the same: bitcointalk uses SMF 1.1.19, while mastercointalk uses SMF 2.0.6, which are clearly quite different versions.

Btw.  Does bitcointalk even require an activation email?

Calling people that experience technical problems while trying to register at mastercointalk trolls can only be called blatantly ignorant.

Requested a new activation email - did not receive anything yet (not in spam). I'm using a gmx.com email account. Will update if I receive something.

ya.ya.yo!

▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 10:05:23 AM

Check your spam folder.  

ok i asked Adam to look into it again.  Maybe we need to put a note on the web page following sign up to tell people to check their junk folder, at least as a temp solution.

It might be some weird issue with white listing.

Jeroen do you know if there is some easy way to add text to the sign up page?
prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 10:06:55 AM

I doubt that bitcointalk and mastercointalk have the same configuration. At least the SMF version is clearly not the same: bitcointalk uses SMF 1.1.19, while mastercointalk uses SMF 2.0.6, which are clearly quite different versions.

Calling people that experience technical problems while trying to register at mastercointalk trolls can only be called blatantly ignorant.

Requested a new activation email - did not receive anything yet (not in spam). I'm using a gmx.com email account. Will update if I receive something.

ya.ya.yo!

if you did not receive anything at all, can you share your email or user name here and I will check the user log, perhaps there was a typo
prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 10:18:49 AM

ya.ya.yo!

if you did not receive anything at all, can you share your email or user name here and I will check the user log, perhaps there was a typo

just emailed you
vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 02:41:32 PM

Check your spam folder.  

ok i asked Adam to look into it again.  Maybe we need to put a note on the web page following sign up to tell people to check their junk folder, at least as a temp solution.

It might be some weird issue with white listing.

Jeroen do you know if there is some easy way to add text to the sign up page?
whitelist with the smtp server would be my first guess, gmail works for me but I don't know about the other services

Also Dom, when I registered, I was told to check my junk mail
jeroenn13

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:18:19 PM

It is possible to add text to the signup page.
You could ask Adam to do this. It requires access to the files, im not able to do through admin panel.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
mikewirth

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:14:06 PM

whitelist with the smtp server would be my first guess, gmail works for me but I don't know about the other services

Also Dom, when I registered, I was told to check my junk mail

It is possible to add text to the signup page.
You could ask Adam to do this. It requires access to the files, im not able to do through admin panel.

It takes 7 guys 3 months to fix email?  Mastercoiner form is dead.  No wonder there is no interest in this stupid coin.
yayayo
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:48:32 PM

ya.ya.yo!

just emailed you

Received your email thank you! So there is no typo. Did still not receive any activation email.

ya.ya.yo!

▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
RawDog
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 03:14:57 PM

ya.ya.yo!

just emailed you

Received your email thank you! So there is no typo. Did still not receive any activation email.

ya.ya.yo!
Don't worry, they have their best programmers working on it.  This will be solved soon.  Probably about the same time KnC gets their Neptunes shipped.

prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 03:20:33 PM

ya.ya.yo!

just emailed you

ya.ya.yo!
Don't worry, they have their best programmers working on it.  This will be solved soon.  Probably about the same time KnC gets their Neptunes shipped.

i get the emails no problem.  sometimes this comes down to user error or random quirks like gmail seemingly randomly deleting emails, which has happened to me many times.

the developers are working on other things.
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 06:54:03 PM

sometimes this comes down to user error or random quirks like gmail seemingly randomly deleting emails, which has happened to me many times.

Even if this is a client side problem in most cases, this doesn't imply we should not try to fix it nevertheless. Smiley

How about putting up a note like "in the case you don't receive a verification request via email, please confirm it's not in your spam folder and contact xxx [or: fill out a special form] for manual verification" or something like this?

This also allows to evaluate, if those incidents are really rare cases or part of "some of the major email provider consider our mails as spam in some cases" problem which would require to initiate additional action.

yayayo
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:13:48 PM

sometimes this comes down to user error or random quirks like gmail seemingly randomly deleting emails, which has happened to me many times.

Even if this is a client side problem in most cases, this doesn't imply we should not try to fix it nevertheless. Smiley

How about putting up a note like "in the case you don't receive a verification request via email, please confirm it's not in your spam folder and contact xxx [or: fill out a special form] for manual verification" or something like this?

This also allows to evaluate, if those incidents are really rare cases or part of "some of the major email provider consider our mails as spam in some cases" problem which would require to initiate additional action.

As I already said, this can't be an user error, since there is no typo and even after multiple resend I received nothing at all (nothing in inbox, nothing in spam, nothing elsewhere).

prophetx contacted me via e-mail and I replied, asking for manual activation which hasn't happened yet.

Wouldn't it be the simplest solution just to deactivate e-mail verification? I don't think that spam will be such a huge problem.

ya.ya.yo!

▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 11:07:50 PM

As I already said, this can't be an user error, since there is no typo and even after multiple resend I received nothing at all (nothing in inbox, nothing in spam, nothing elsewhere).

prophetx contacted me via e-mail and I replied, asking for manual activation which hasn't happened yet.

Wouldn't it be the simplest solution just to deactivate e-mail verification? I don't think that spam will be such a huge problem.

ya.ya.yo!

We actually get a fairly painful amount of spam, even with captchas and email verification. Definitely don't want to do anything to make that problem worse!

Bitoy

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:54:13 AM

Can't access mastercointalk.org, masterchest.info or masterchain.info as of now.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: