Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:52:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Mastercoin Foundation, Master Protocol & Mastercoin Thread  (Read 165224 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ejinte

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:05:36 AM

A CRITICAL update (build 0040) has been posted for MasterChest Wallet v0.4a that addresses an edge-case to crowdsale parsing discovered during internal testing. No current user balances are affected, but this update is required for all users to stay in consensus as additional Smart Properties and crowdsales are issued.

Please update your wallet now by downloading the new version at:

https://masterchest.info/wallet.aspx

Omniwallet is not affected?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.6%-1% House Edge

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 04:37:38 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2014, 09:38:40 PM by vokain

A CRITICAL update (build 0040) has been posted for MasterChest Wallet v0.4a that addresses an edge-case to crowdsale parsing discovered during internal testing. No current user balances are affected, but this update is required for all users to stay in consensus as additional Smart Properties and crowdsales are issued.

I do not believe so? From what I learned the past few days, MasterCore and Omni********* use mastercoin-tools as a reference, so I believe Masterchain and MasterChest have to update their use of mastercoin-tools when mastercoin-tools gets updated.

Take this as a simple forum reply/musing until someone qualified can reclarify and/or correct me.
ripper234
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 06:45:39 PM

I do not believe so? From what I learned the past few days, MasterCore and Mastercoin use mastercoin-tools as a reference, so I believe Masterchain and MasterChest have to update their use of mastercoin-tools when mastercoin-tools gets update.

Take this as a simple forum reply/musing until someone qualified can reclarify and/or correct me.

Omniwallet is not affected.

vokain you wrote the "MasterCore and Mastercoin use mastercoin-tools as a reference". Not sure what you mean by that exactly...

Omniwallet uses mastercoin-tools. MasterCore is a new reference implementation that will be released by the end of the month, and will replace mastercoin-tools as the reference implementation. By then, Omniwallet will switch to using MasterCore (this integration work is already in progress).

Both Masterchain and MasterChest are targeted for deprecation.

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association
jrmg

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:00:47 PM

Why Mastercoin trade volume is so low? We get new centralized exchange and still 24 hour volume worth of $338. In coinmarketcap.com that is same level with Tickets what have higher trade volume. Still price is "+15.63 %"  Shocked http://coinmarketcap.com/volume.html#msc
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 09:58:29 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2014, 11:46:26 PM by vokain

Why Mastercoin trade volume is so low? We get new centralized exchange and still 24 hour volume worth of $338. In coinmarketcap.com that is same level with Tickets what have higher trade volume. Still price is "+15.63 %"  Shocked http://coinmarketcap.com/volume.html#msc

Speaking objectively, it is because the distribution is low and concentrated in MSC. Like with Bitcoin, the majority of those interested already invested what they were willing to invest in the past, and since  bid support is currently low since it depends on growth and not much has happened in the past couple months, any increasing ask support will send it down like it has been. 'No news is good news', so they say, which I'll admit is not very encouraging.

However, as I understand it, MasterCore as a reference platform will help accelerate development into the other features and there still is $1.8M (3x more than what we first crowdfunded with) to leverage and grow with instead of just simply working under the paradigm of cutting costs. We're reoptimizing effort vs expected output wherever we can with an emphasis of expanding into the most conducive areas of value.
ripper234
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 11:30:07 AM

http://blog.mastercoin.org/2014/07/08/omniwallet-is-recruiting-a-ceo/

TL;DR – We are recruiting a CEO for a new company – Omniwallet.co – which will be “the Blockchain.info of altcoins and appcoins”. Please review the interim business plan and the Omniwallet service and submit applications here (the standard $6000 referral reward does not apply here).

Please read the post for more details and how to apply for the position.

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association
aeternum.in

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:03:28 PM

Why Mastercoin trade volume is so low? We get new centralized exchange and still 24 hour volume worth of $338. In coinmarketcap.com that is same level with Tickets what have higher trade volume. Still price is "+15.63 %"  Shocked http://coinmarketcap.com/volume.html#msc

Speaking objectively, it is because the distribution is low and concentrated in MSC. Like with Bitcoin, the majority of those interested already invested what they were willing to invest in the past, and since  bid support is currently low since it depends on growth and not much has happened in the past couple months, any increasing ask support will send it down like it has been. 'No news is good news', so they say, which I'll admit is not very encouraging.

However, as I understand it, MasterCore as a reference platform will help accelerate development into the other features and there still is $1.8M (3x more than what we first crowdfunded with) to leverage and grow with instead of just simply working under the paradigm of cutting costs. We're reoptimizing effort vs expected output wherever we can with an emphasis of expanding into the most conducive areas of value.

I am so disappointed with MSC team! Wasting hundreds  BTC and nearly one years, you guys provide no wallet easy to use and  commit suicide by manipulating the MSC price in the fundraising of MAIDSAFE.

It's time to change the record- I think we've heard this one before.........

Read the MSC blog- cool stuff is coming. Give it time.
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 06:51:23 PM

I am so disappointed with MSC team! Wasting hundreds  BTC and nearly one years, you guys provide no wallet easy to use and  commit suicide by manipulating the MSC price in the fundraising of MAIDSAFE.

You can change the record all you like, you just can't change the fact. 

'Cool stuff coming'?  What that silly eco project?  Another guitarist trying to sell their future income as a stock offering?  What is the latest ill conceived 'crowdfunding' effort coming to MP? 

Even API Net which should have been an excellent crowd fund project got KILLED on Mastercoin because the platform now has a reputation slightly less than a serial child rapist who kills puppies in his free time.  In view of that, Ron at MP has hired a guy to find a guy to hire, to fix the bad reputation.  Since Johnstom hired Terpin as PR man, MasterProtocol has had one serious PR fuck-up after another.  Spectacular mismanagement on the face of MP.  I feel sorry for the guys actually doing their job and building something good.  However zero interface and zero communication with the public has truly killed any change MP ever had.  Now JR has a new baby to play with and 1.6 million in the bank - no need to waste time with MP any more.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
Matt Y

Activity: 647
Merit: 510

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 08:45:33 PM

How will the holders of Mastercoins, who funded the creation of Omniwallet, be compensated now that the project is for-profit?

jrmg

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:22:34 AM

You can change the record all you like, you just can't change the fact. 

'Cool stuff coming'?  What that silly eco project?  Another guitarist trying to sell their future income as a stock offering?  What is the latest ill conceived 'crowdfunding' effort coming to MP? 

Even API Net which should have been an excellent crowd fund project got KILLED on Mastercoin because the platform now has a reputation slightly less than a serial child rapist who kills puppies in his free time.  In view of that, Ron at MP has hired a guy to find a guy to hire, to fix the bad reputation.  Since Johnstom hired Terpin as PR man, MasterProtocol has had one serious PR fuck-up after another.  Spectacular mismanagement on the face of MP.  I feel sorry for the guys actually doing their job and building something good.  However zero interface and zero communication with the public has truly killed any change MP ever had.  Now JR has a new baby to play with and 1.6 million in the bank - no need to waste time with MP any more.

If API Net was choose Counterparty platform for their crowd fund that was success sure. Now that looks like mastercoin killing all good ideas who try use their platform.. I dont see any reason why anyone want even use anymore MSC for crowd fund when there is working platform available which is only little confused and not yet really user friendly but mastercoin is not even that.

Also if we looking this bitcointalk topic and counterparty there have posted same time 96 page when here have same time 37. Looks like their community is much more active and devs pushing forward project 10times faster than mastercoin devs who only waste investors moneys..
hmmmstrange

Activity: 669

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:05:40 AM

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/07/08/dollar-backed-digital-currency-aims-to-fix-bitcoins-volatility-dilemma/

You sure realcoin is going to be issued on mastercoin?
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 10:47:14 AM

"RealCoin" will be 'backed' by the US Dollar.

Hahahahahahahaha *deep breath* hahahahahahahahahaha!

Oh man, this is just too good. Please, continue, I can't wait to see what happens when you pair a digital currency with the looming failure that is the US Dollar.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:39:40 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 04:19:48 PM by Stephen Gornick

I can't wait to see what happens when you pair a digital currency with the looming failure that is the US Dollar.

I don't know enough about Mastercoin to know how this will work.  Does the "issuer" (e.g., Realcoin, Inc/Ltd/???) have the ability to censor transactions, and/or reverse transactions?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

hmmmstrange

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:39:20 PM

I can't wait to see what happens when you pair a digital currency with the looming failure that is the US Dollar.

I don' know enough about Mastercoin to how how this will work.  Does the "issuer" (e.g., Realcoin, Inc/Ltd/???) have the ability to censor transactions, and/or reverse transactions?

Only time they can censor is when they are issuing the realcoins for dollars or redeeming the realcoins for dollars. While they are in the wild, *no one can censor them.

*miners could censor realcoin transactions just like they theoretically can censor bitcoin transactions.
Bitoy

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:39:10 AM

I don' know enough about Mastercoin to how how this will work.  Does the "issuer" (e.g., Realcoin, Inc/Ltd/???) have the ability to censor transactions, and/or reverse transactions?

If realcoins is issued using mastercoin smart property, the issuer  can't censor or reverse a valid transaction. 

Bitoy

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:58:30 AM

How will the holders of Mastercoins, who funded the creation of Omniwallet, be compensated now that the project is for-profit?

Maybe mastercoin.org can "sell" Omniwallet  to a new corp "omniwallet inc." for  x amount (17,857 MSC = $250,000/14)  MSC.

Omni wallet inc. can then raise funds using both btc and MSC.  (Btc for liquidity and MSC to pay mastercoin.org)

pt7

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:20:26 PM

MASTERCHEST WALLET *FULLY* DEPRECATED

Since we’ve been adding new features to the Master Protocol and enabling these new features on the Bitcoin blockchain, Masterchest Wallet is now fully end-of-life and deprecated, and can no longer be used.

Users who wish to use a downloadable wallet will be able to use Master Core once it is released.

To continue using the addresses in your wallet and your Master Protocol tokens, please use the following instructions to export your private keys from Bitcoin Core for import into Omniwallet:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AJLyNFOTnHRPB435rsbLJqlMPIWp-QIsRWVrIPcKAmo

The website still has a link to the Masterchest windows wallet.   Huh  Do you mean the web version of this wallet?   If so, the highlighted sentence above leaves doubt on whether the wallet you are able to download now is still good.
hmmmstrange

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 09:18:54 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2014, 04:27:20 AM by hmmmstrange

Just wondering if Brock Pierce resigned or was removed from the mastercoin foundation board?

edit: JR, can you please confirm that Brock is not in possession of one of the 1000 btc foundation wallets?

By my calculation, there is a 28% chance (2 out of 7) Brock has over 1/3 of the foundation's remaining funds. We, as investors, deserve to get some answers.
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 06:44:31 PM

Just wondering if Brock Pierce resigned or was removed from the mastercoin foundation board?

edit: JR, can you please confirm that Brock is not in possession of one of the 1000 btc foundation wallets?

By my calculation, there is a 28% chance (2 out of 7) Brock has over 1/3 of the foundation's remaining funds. We, as investors, deserve to get some answers.
Shut the fuck up you imbecile.  Do you imagine there are some bylaws somewhere which set forth which rights you have as a shareholder?  Go buy McDonald's stock if you want shareholder rights. It doesn't work that way in crypto.  

The board - and everyone else owes you nothing.  Nothing at all.  If you don't like the way things are going, sell you tokens.  Demanding an explanation of how the money is held is ridiculous.  

Even if Pierce is a raging Pedo who likes to bop little boys all day long, he hasn't shown any inclination to run off with any of MSC's money.  I think anyway.  It is so unlikely that the MSC funds are going to be 'stolen' by the trustees.  They might be spent in foolish ways which don't serve the protocol, but I doubt anyone is going to try to steal them.  If they do, I think the backlash will be pretty severe.  Even Pierce probably can see the difficulty of doing a runner on the MSC Foundation.

So stop calling for accountability worthy of a Goldman Sachs audit.  The board is busy doing things and they don't have time to jump up to attention any time a guy who holds more than two MSC calls for an inquiry.

JR - please don't confirm anything.  You don't answer to these pussies who sit around and speculate all day about their $5 investment.

By my calculation, there is a 28% chance
Obviously you failed statistics class also.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:04:45 PM

Shut the fuck up you imbecile.  Do you imagine there are some bylaws somewhere which set forth which rights you have as a shareholder?  Go buy McDonald's stock if you want shareholder rights. It doesn't work that way in crypto.  

The board - and everyone else owes you nothing.  Nothing at all.  If you don't like the way things are going, sell you tokens.  Demanding an explanation of how the money is held is ridiculous.  

Even if Pierce is a raging Pedo who likes to bop little boys all day long, he hasn't shown any inclination to run off with any of MSC's money.  I think anyway.  It is so unlikely that the MSC funds are going to be 'stolen' by the trustees.  They might be spent in foolish ways which don't serve the protocol, but I doubt anyone is going to try to steal them.  If they do, I think the backlash will be pretty severe.  Even Pierce probably can see the difficulty of doing a runner on the MSC Foundation.

So stop calling for accountability worthy of a Goldman Sachs audit.  The board is busy doing things and they don't have time to jump up to attention any time a guy who holds more than two MSC calls for an inquiry.

JR - please don't confirm anything.  You don't answer to these pussies who sit around and speculate all day about their $5 investment.

By my calculation, there is a 28% chance
Obviously you failed statistics class also.

Thats an outrageous thing to say Rawdog........'accountability' + 'Glodman Sachs'......in the SAME SENTENCE??? You've gone too far now. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: