Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:01:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Mastercoin Foundation, Master Protocol & Mastercoin Thread  (Read 165237 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 09:39:12 PM

Thats an outrageous thing to say Rawdog........'accountability' + 'Glodman Sachs'......in the SAME SENTENCE??? You've gone too far now. 

Going too far is all part of my schtick.  Most around here got it figured out.  But for you and the other nulls, I'll mention it explicitly. 

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:44:10 PM

Thats an outrageous thing to say Rawdog........'accountability' + 'Glodman Sachs'......in the SAME SENTENCE??? You've gone too far now. 

Going too far is all part of my schtick.  Most around here got it figured out.  But for you and the other nulls, I'll mention it explicitly. 

Oh, please.
aeternum.in

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:10:17 PM

I'm going to chime in that I met Ron at CoinSummit this past week and had a really nice talk about what Mastercoin is doing. As an investor that was losing faith, It was a very productive discussion that has fully reassured me. Perhaps the MSC guys aren't the best at doing PR, but they really seem to know what they are doing otherwise.

I would encourage anyone who has real questions to try and meet the Mastercoin guys in person. They seem far and away the most competent at what they are doing in the Bitcoin 2.0 sphere.

So, as an investor- to hopefully counter a bit of the negativity here: I was very impressed.
mikewirth

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:46:50 PM

I'm going to chime in that I met Ron at CoinSummit this past week and had a really nice talk about what Mastercoin is doing. As an investor that was losing faith, It was a very productive discussion that has fully reassured me. Perhaps the MSC guys aren't the best at doing PR, but they really seem to know what they are doing otherwise.

This is precisely why I invested in MasterProtocol.  Anyone who even attempts to 'do PR' in this cesspool of relentless assholes is a fool.  Masterminds have shown incredible restraint by not answering the bullshit which constantly gets throw around in this place.
hmmmstrange

Activity: 669
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:31:18 PM

http://blog.mastercoin.org/2014/07/14/recent-changes-in-the-mastercoin-foundation-board/

Thanks for clearing this up.
nmak

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:38:30 AM

How will the holders of Mastercoins, who funded the creation of Omniwallet, be compensated now that the project is for-profit?

I am waiting for answer for matt's question too and I have not seen any reply from the mastercoin team. Can someone look into this please, after all most of us funded the start of mastercoin and it likely paid for some work on omniwallet. Should this end up being a billion dollar company one day, what rights do we have to it....as mastercoin investors..!!! Shouldnt the foundation own a percentage of it on behalf of all mastercoin investors....

Or even one day have it listed on the dex..
hmmmstrange

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 07:42:24 AM

UPCOMING CROWD-SALES WORTH TENS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!
http://mastercointalk.org/index.php?topic=602.0

How many years is this "tens of millions of dollars" going to be?

I don't see storj listed any more.
apinetwork raised $25k. It takes a lot of $25k crowd sales to hit "tens of millions of dollars".

Are any of the crowd sales going to accept mastercoins?
How much does CryptoNext have to raise in order to buy omniwallet? Or are we not supposed to talk about that deal?
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:06:23 AM

apinetwork raised $25k. It takes a lot of $25k crowd sales to hit "tens of millions of dollars".

How much does CryptoNext have to raise in order to buy omniwallet? Or are we not supposed to talk about that deal?

I think that was ambitious, but I wouldn't make it a sore point. Crowdsales I think are a passing fad anyway that I'm skeptical if there will be much life in after Storj (if Storj even makes a good run at it).

The masterprotocol is useful for so many other things- give it time. There is more value in what people are doing then just getting money money money in a short time frame.

more or less retired.
Matt Y

Activity: 647
Merit: 510

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 08:25:19 AM

Storj is doing their crowdsale on Counterparty. Here is a thread on Storjtalk about it: http://storjtalk.org/index.php?topic=1341.30

Bitoy

Activity: 449

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:49:12 PM

Storj is doing their crowdsale on Counterparty. Here is a thread on Storjtalk about it: http://storjtalk.org/index.php?topic=1341.30

That is a big wake up call for msc. Counterparty is winning some battles.

Hopefully mastercore can help add more exchanges and restore community confidence back to msc.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 03:19:21 AM

That is a big wake up call for msc. Counterparty is winning some battles.

Hopefully mastercore can help add more exchanges and restore community confidence back to msc.

It has to start with MasterCore before anything else can happen. While we're at it, is there anything you guys want to see the most during the next iteration of features?  I apologize if I haven't been engaging us enough in this aspect. I do know the devs would like some UI input if anyone has anything to say there.

anyway, yes, XCP is winning battles, though the language in the previous posts may be a tad misleading. XCP is also getting the privilege of hosting Storj's crowdfund. This opinion probably is not worth much, but to me it's a testament to how fair a competitor the Counterparty team is and the sheer amounts of investment and sweat that has poured into the decentralized apps scene as a whole.

from the bitangels' mailing list posted a few minutes ago:
Storj.io is one of the first platforms with front end applications for decentralized, secure storage of data for end users. See website here: http://storj.io/ The platform is already up and running for the storage of data, the back end of decentralized mining will begin in the next few weeks. The crowdsale begins on July 18th at 8:00 a.m. eastern time and ends August 18th with a total of 500 Million Storjcoin X (SJCX) to be sold, the details are covered in the presentation link below and here: http://storj.io/crowdsale.html There is a 10% discount for the first 1,800 BTC collected and the discount progressively declines based on the volume of BTC collected. The team is using both the Counterparty and Master Protocol’s to issue the tokens. The back end is using a fork of data coin and plans to also support the Safe Network upon its launch.
Matt Y

Activity: 647
Merit: 510

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 03:25:57 AM

Interesting. There is no mention of Mastercoin on the Storj crowdsale page yet. I guess they will soon it later with this new information?

vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 03:31:40 AM

Interesting. There is no mention of Mastercoin on the Storj crowdsale page yet. I guess they will soon it later with this new information?

Honestly I don't know. I just received an informational report from the bitangels on Storj on that like 20 minutes ago, so I would assume so if the report is valid, which I also would assume. But assumptions are a terrible thing, from what I've learned reading Demian recently Smiley

okay this was what I gathered...

here's the full text of the report:
BitAngels,

As a follow up from their presentation last week I've included here the informational report on Storj and their up coming crowdsale.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/100qzqUTkORJ-LKFbe0svUbpUoktSbZNM-TfZ3RPgaEw/edit?usp=sharing

TL;DR

Storj.io is one of the first platforms with front end applications for decentralized, secure storage of data for end users. See website here: http://storj.io/ The platform is already up and running for the storage of data, the back end of decentralized mining will begin in the next few weeks. The crowdsale begins on July 18th at 8:00 a.m. eastern time and ends August 18th with a total of 500 Million Storjcoin X (SJCX) to be sold, the details are covered in the presentation link below and here: http://storj.io/crowdsale.html There is a 10% discount for the first 1,800 BTC collected and the discount progressively declines based on the volume of BTC collected. The team is using both the Counterparty and Master Protocol’s to issue the tokens. The back end is using a fork of data coin and plans to also support the Safe Network upon its launch.

View presentation and Q&A at the following link:
https://drive.google.com/a/dappsfund.com/file/d/0B0Ibqr7Y2XcNTGh6OFpVUXRFU2M/edit?usp=sharing

and from the first link,
The location of data is stored in data coin blockchain as it requires larger amounts of storage than are available on the Bitcoin Blockchain. The location of the token data is stored on the Bitcoin Blockchain using the Counter Party standard and in the future also the Master Protocol standard.

a bit disappointing upon further review, but again, my guess is that it probably has to do with mastercore. Robby was so right about the importance of a reference client Sad
hmmmstrange

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:06:55 AM

a bit disappointing upon further review, but again, my guess is that it probably has to do with mastercore. Robby was so right about the importance of a reference client Sad

In December, 2 different parties offered to fork bitcoind to include the master protocol. Both Rob and JR turned down the offers because "JR was going to code the daemon".
vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 05:05:18 AM

In December, 2 different parties offered to fork bitcoind to include the master protocol. Both Rob and JR turned down the offers because "JR was going to code the daemon".

Yeah, it might've been my biggest regret as a board member. It was never even really considered though I did ask what it would cost to have Robby (some six-figure stake and board membership, iirc) before never following up (at least, on my part) because JR seemed confident saying we'd be better off without his offer. Water under the bridge and all that, but pride indeed begets the fall. Lost time we can never get back... but progress nonetheless. dev@ has been amazing especially since they now have a sense of (coordinated) direction moving forward.
Bitoy

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:29:49 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 04:07:26 PM by Bitoy

anyway, yes, XCP is winning battles, though the language in the previous posts may be a tad misleading. XCP is also getting the privilege of hosting Storj's crowdfund.

http://storj.io/crowdsale.html

From their crowd sale website it seems they will only use only counterparty.

"Storjcoin X (SJCX) is a cryptocurrency that runs on the Counterparty protocol and is intended to be transacted on top of the Storj platform within Storj's applications."

(MSC vs counterparty reminds me of Edison (dc) vs Tesla (ac) from "men who built America" history channel )

Edit
I joined the storj crowd sale using counter wallet.  Encountered a lot of api errors but in the end sending bitcoins push through and overall the experience is ok.  But the storj tokens are not credited immediately.  It will probably be manually added due to the range based token distribution.

Adding a script to the crowdsale (suggested by Ron) can probably make token distribution automatic.
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 09:13:54 PM

anyway, yes, XCP is winning battles, though the language in the previous posts may be a tad misleading. XCP is also getting the privilege of hosting Storj's crowdfund.

http://storj.io/crowdsale.html

From their crowd sale website it seems they will only use only counterparty.

"Storjcoin X (SJCX) is a cryptocurrency that runs on the Counterparty protocol and is intended to be transacted on top of the Storj platform within Storj's applications."

(MSC vs counterparty reminds me of Edison (dc) vs Tesla (ac) from "men who built America" history channel )

Edit
I joined the storj crowd sale using counter wallet.  Encountered a lot of api errors but in the end sending bitcoins push through and overall the experience is ok.  But the storj tokens are not credited immediately.  It will probably be manually added due to the range based token distribution.

Adding a script to the crowdsale (suggested by Ron) can probably make token distribution automatic.

Shawn says they might accept xcp, msc and maid, here:

http://storj.io/CrowdsaleTerms.pdf

They were supposed to use Master Protocol and the last minute changed their mind because Mastercoin hadn't developed a pay all capability.

Then someone apparently squatted storjcoin and storj on XCP b/c XCP dev's didn't think through how to design a naming system for smart properties.  I'm not trying through mud, but that was obviously not well thought out...  so now they took SJCX instead.

On the other hand, I have real concern about any of these protocols being able to support continued development effort.  Of course, I love the Storj concept and it was born from the hackathon that David and Mastercoin set up in Texas. 

But  if people are going to benefit from the resources and time people put into XCP and Master Protocol, as well as Bitcoin, then they should make sure to support those development efforts.  I think that will be the case with Storj.  Hope the same for others.

With regard to Omniwallet the code some of it inherited from mastercoin-tools is currently under AGPL license and therefor it is unlikely that anyone would fund a "for profit" based on code that forever needs to remain open source.  And once something is AGPL it can't be just un-AGPL'ed...
Bitoy

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:01:46 PM

They were supposed to use Master Protocol and the last minute changed their mind because Mastercoin hadn't developed a pay all capability.

By "pay all capability" is this the same as the dividend feature?

dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 03:21:04 AM

By "pay all capability" is this the same as the dividend feature?

Yes. And it actually looks like it's ready rather sooner than later:
https://github.com/mastercoin-MSC/mastercore/blob/michael-0921/doc/apidocumentation.md#broadcasting-a-send-to-owners-transaction

Bitoy

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:44:11 AM

Good news.  Hat tip to Michael and the mastercore team.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: