Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:25:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Mastercoin Foundation, Master Protocol & Mastercoin Thread  (Read 165230 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
johnybyo

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:21:06 AM

Where pump is, $10 incoming?!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ejinte

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:54:17 PM

Those buy walls look pretty bullish. Though the selling pressor is so high anyway

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.6%-1% House Edge
hmmmstrange

Activity: 669

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:22:31 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2014, 08:53:35 PM by hmmmstrange

a bit disappointing upon further review, but again, my guess is that it probably has to do with mastercore. Robby was so right about the importance of a reference client Sad

In December, 2 different parties offered to fork bitcoind to include the master protocol. Both Rob and JR turned down the offers because "JR was going to code the daemon".

Yeah, it might've been my biggest regret as a board member. It was never even really considered though I did ask what it would cost to have Robby (some six-figure stake and board membership, iirc) before never following up (at least, on my part) because JR seemed confident saying we'd be better off without his offer. Water under the bridge and all that, but pride indeed begets the fall. Lost time we can never get back... but progress nonetheless. dev@ has been amazing especially since they now have a sense of (coordinated) direction moving forward.

I'm glad that the mastercore team seems to be on the right track now. What is it going to take for the mastercoin foundation to get on the right track? Does it need the full board to resign and have proper elections? or is it just too late?

Has the board thought about dissolving and handing over the remaining funds to another team like counterparty? The whole point of this project was to get a bitcoin 2.0 protocol off the ground and it's been proven that other teams have been much more successful with much less, if any funding. Just imagine what those other teams can do with the rest of mastercoin's funds!

edit: maybe letting the safe team control the remaining funds and directing the mastercoin development would be more fair to everyone. In a way the mastercoin foundation owes them about 4 million dollars.
johnybyo

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:18:39 AM

Those buy walls look pretty bullish. Though the selling pressor is so high anyway

$8.36. Next target $5. When msc meet xcp, before august finish?
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 05:58:16 AM

a bit disappointing upon further review, but again, my guess is that it probably has to do with mastercore. Robby was so right about the importance of a reference client Sad

In December, 2 different parties offered to fork bitcoind to include the master protocol. Both Rob and JR turned down the offers because "JR was going to code the daemon".

Yeah, it might've been my biggest regret as a board member. It was never even really considered though I did ask what it would cost to have Robby (some six-figure stake and board membership, iirc) before never following up (at least, on my part) because JR seemed confident saying we'd be better off without his offer. Water under the bridge and all that, but pride indeed begets the fall. Lost time we can never get back... but progress nonetheless. dev@ has been amazing especially since they now have a sense of (coordinated) direction moving forward.

I'm glad that the mastercore team seems to be on the right track now. What is it going to take for the mastercoin foundation to get on the right track? Does it need the full board to resign and have proper elections? or is it just too late?

Has the board thought about dissolving and handing over the remaining funds to another team like counterparty? The whole point of this project was to get a bitcoin 2.0 protocol off the ground and it's been proven that other teams have been much more successful with much less, if any funding. Just imagine what those other teams can do with the rest of mastercoin's funds!

edit: maybe letting the safe team control the remaining funds and directing the mastercoin development would be more fair to everyone. In a way the mastercoin foundation owes them about 4 million dollars.

In the works hmmstrange! We are organizing at least some of these (most feasible and beneficial) items and some others to be executed upon in the short term (after Mastercore), though, I will allow the relevant voices to share when ready since I don't like speaking on others' behalf. I apologize for being perhaps cryptic and not offering more details, but certain developments have to occur first.

I would very welcome us sharing a summary of any general or specific concerns, grievances and suggestions we have in the meantime—we intend to address everything. My thoughts, which I know many of you probably share that we are currently immediately addressing, include operations, expenditures, and organizational structure.

Commenting on your suggestions thus far, proper elections—very much agreed.

Dissolving and handing over remaining funds, since the members of the board tends to have the majority of the MSC distribution, it seems to me to be unnecessarily risky to hand funds over to any entity that may not have the Mastercoin constituents' best interests first. A better alignment of interests would have to first take place before something like this can be considered. I understand that running lean is a forte of XCP et al., but we would do better to emulate that according to our project's needs rather than giving another entity sudden and full responsibility for said needs. In the works.

And re: MaidSafe, I don't think it'll do their project any good to necessitate distracting them have responsibility for the Mastercoin Foundation on top of their respective efforts. We share a lot of aligned interests yes, but governmentally/operationally it doesn't make sense when Nick and David already have a very respected and well-heard voice working together on our board. We are lucky to have them in that capacity, I would not wish any inconvenience on their part having a day-to-day responsibility past the influence they already have since they can achieve the same ends. Of course, I am not speaking for the good sirs but humbly sharing my point of view: it doesn't seem to be very feasible or optimal, at least at first glance.
zyfreetip

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:46:37 PM

The ceo has missing for two weeks and the price are dumping like a shit. what happened?
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:30:26 PM

The ceo has missing for two weeks and the price are dumping like a shit. what happened?

Nothing.. this is normal  Cheesy
johnybyo

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:28:21 PM

Nothing.. this is normal  Cheesy

Normal  Grin When new master core coming? Where i can easiest buy msc. How i do it if its not only log in to wallet and buy like in counterparty. Can i buy in poloniex? Even after mastercore msc is 1year behind in development vs counterparty.  We must still remember there is half of coins behind two face and maybe 70-80% behind couple big holder so in markets have only 20-30% of coins and still price swing down.
Bitoy

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:53:19 AM

Normal  Grin When new master core coming? Where i can easiest buy msc. How i do it if its not only log in to wallet and buy like in counterparty. Can i buy in poloniex? Even after mastercore msc is 1year behind in development vs counterparty.  We must still remember there is half of coins behind two face and maybe 70-80% behind couple big holder so in markets have only 20-30% of coins and still price swing down.

Mastercore will be release August 1.  (It is a fork of bitcoin core.)

For me the cheapest way is to
Buy MSC at poloniex or masterxchange.com using btc.
Use Omniwallet.org to create your online wallet.
withdraw MSC from poloniex or masterxchange to your online wallet address.
johnybyo

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:28:48 AM

Normal  Grin When new master core coming? Where i can easiest buy msc. How i do it if its not only log in to wallet and buy like in counterparty. Can i buy in poloniex? Even after mastercore msc is 1year behind in development vs counterparty.  We must still remember there is half of coins behind two face and maybe 70-80% behind couple big holder so in markets have only 20-30% of coins and still price swing down.

Mastercore will be release August 1.  (It is a fork of bitcoin core.)

For me the cheapest way is to
Buy MSC at poloniex or masterxchange.com using btc.
Use Omniwallet.org to create your online wallet.
withdraw MSC from poloniex or masterxchange to your online wallet address.

Can i use other wallets like blockchain or counterwallet ?
Bitoy

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:35:49 AM

Can i use other wallets like blockchain or counterwallet ?

A  mastercoin address is a bitcoin address.   

If you have a bitcoin address in blockchain.info,   you can withdraw MSC (from masterxchange or poloniex) to your blockchain bitcoin address.
pigheadbig

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:55:37 AM

the same question here,
when will the CEO back?
to bring more confidence.
littleblue

Activity: 285

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:59:22 AM

like a shit?YES! Grin Grin Grin i like  you! Grin
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:09:23 AM

You know, thats not such a crazy idea. Mastercoin and Counterparty parted ways because of difference of opinion- maybe they have proved their point and it's time for both sides to get back together.

Why not start over- figuring out some formula to move everyone's coins over into a new exodus address (percentage wise) based on current standings, and rejoin efforts? Counterparty has been really successful, why not merge the benefits of both teams? rather then having them split apart. I'm sure you could probably get additional investment by doing a new crowdsale as well under the umbrella of bringing the best bitcoin 2.0 projects together, merging the teams and going on from there. Maybe even picking up an institutional investor along the way?

more or less retired.
littleblue

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:18:26 AM

Huh where is  RON? JR? Shocked
where is my money? oh,it‘s gone...
littleblue

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:44:45 AM

I think msc will Happen very big something !go !go to  buy msc! now!
editor499

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:31:43 AM

why not merge the benefits of both teams? rather then having them split apart.

+1, @Matercoin @Counterparty, think about it.
johnybyo

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:40:37 PM

why not merge the benefits of both teams? rather then having them split apart.

+1, @Matercoin @Counterparty, think about it.

What mastercoin have what counterparty don't have?
-Millions of marketing money what counterparty no have.
-50% of coins behind few face.
-Anyone don't have hear about devs 2weeks.

What counterparty have what mastercoin don't have?
-Devs post to forum everyday.
-System under development, but all working good.
-$0 marketing budget  > Sad

Half year ago mastercoiners was sure this marketing moneys save their ass. Now looks like marketing money is in JR or someone else pocket or something  Grin
ejinte

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:08:04 PM

You know, thats not such a crazy idea. Mastercoin and Counterparty parted ways because of difference of opinion- maybe they have proved their point and it's time for both sides to get back together.

Why not start over- figuring out some formula to move everyone's coins over into a new exodus address (percentage wise) based on current standings, and rejoin efforts? Counterparty has been really successful, why not merge the benefits of both teams? rather then having them split apart. I'm sure you could probably get additional investment by doing a new crowdsale as well under the umbrella of bringing the best bitcoin 2.0 projects together, merging the teams and going on from there. Maybe even picking up an institutional investor along the way?

I don't think this will happen, let's see what happens when the mastercore is released, problaby nothing, but who knows. What they really need it to get EVERTHING working,. Decentrelized exchange for example, why trade MAIDSAFE at the masterxchange or polonix when it should be able to do it with a mastercoin wallet?? Also maybe they could update the blog a little more often, it was almost two weeks since last time. And in here is only trolls writing.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.6%-1% House Edge
Bitoy

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:18:23 PM

Very interesting.  It will be the first crypto currency merger.

Mastercoin has the btc.
Counter party has the bigger market cap. 

(New name will be mastercounter coin Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: