Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:44:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Mastercoin Foundation, Master Protocol & Mastercoin Thread  (Read 165232 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 01:18:19 PM

I opened a debate on Forking Mastercoin:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=878363.msg9697453#msg9697453

Please feel free to discuss the Pro's and Con's, but stay on topic. :-)

more or less retired.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
udecker

Activity: 142
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 07:45:04 PM

Hello folks, Craig from Mastercoin here.

Saw some interesting comments on the other thread and thought I could re-post some updates for the people who follow this one.

With regards to the progress on the platform and protocol, including new issuers, let me provide some recent news, as it appears the really good news doesn’t get spread (all of our /r/Bitcoin links get deleted shortly after being posted….):

1. Integration of Master Core with large partners is increasing rapidly.  Bitfinex, Expresscoin, GoCoin, ZenBox, HolyTransactions (among others) have all integrated in the past two weeks.  More wallet integrations are coming soon as well. 
2. The Decentralized Exchange phase II is in testing currently on testnet (sneak peek at testnet.omniwallet.org) with release before the end of the year.
3. Master Core QT wallets for Linux, Windows and OS X are also in testing, and we will release a testnet version imminently (which will include DEx Phase II UI).
4. Larger issuers such as Tether (of which I am involved), Factom, HopeGold, etc are only a few of the larger, announced issuers taking advantage of the protocol.  The feedback we receive from major issuers (most unannounced) are that the Master Protocol (soon to be re-branded Omni), is the preferred platform due to ongoing development to the core protocol and software, and the expertise within the team.
5. The move from crowdsale financed development to community sponsorship is taking hold well with these larger issuers (and several of the smaller ones).
6. We have contracted with a well-known crypto firm to redesign OmniWallet UI from the ground up, and we’re in final review of this interface.  It should be implemented along with the DEx Phase II release before the end of the year.

Some of the other items being discussed are which smart contract technologies to leverage going forward, and how we can coordinate interop with other technologies such as Ethereum, Sidechains, etc.  Our focus is not to be an isolated island of functionality, but instead to be a bridge between complimentary technologies.  The partnerships we have made are extremely strong, and as they get announced the rest of the community will see the results.

In short, adoption of the platform is growing, but most of it is occuring quietly in the background.  Our progress has been dictated by making sure what we release is rock solid, as the possibility of disabling features after release due to problems is unacceptable.  This may not happen as quickly as everyone would like, but it’s prudent and I firmly believe that the platform is being adopted by so many third parties because of the quality of the work in each release.  We are constantly told how easy it is to complete an integration with Master Core.  The same can’t be said for other platforms.  As we continue to become integrated with other large partners (again, several of which are unannounced), it should become evident how strong of a platform we have.

Do not hesitate to reach out to me with any questions.

Craig

]
jrmg

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 04:49:37 AM

Someone have open mouth and peoples buying mastercoin already Smiley $ 5,187    29.18 %
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 06:11:19 AM

Craig, do you see what happens when you guys address the audience and not just posting some links from time to time ?
jrmg

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 06:59:33 AM

Craig, do you see what happens when you guys address the audience and not just posting some links from time to time ?

Also 24h volume go to half of Counterparty  Smiley This was maybe mistake post next in december 2015.
Zephir

Activity: 533
Merit: 539

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 09:28:02 AM

Hi craig.

Please spread more informations and the progress of the system here on btctalk.
I don´t want to search for pieces of info on different sites and forums.

We don´t know if there is some progress, when everything is hidden in the background.

This here is the main crypto forum, so please use this forum to spread new infos.
Links to other forums or sites are ok, but make more summaries like your last one and then link for further infos.

Mastercoin wouldn´t be in this situation, if they have better communications to the community here.

Like many mentioned, rebrand the name to "Omni" or other, "Master" is implicating to much and doesn´t sound very good and there already has been a Mastercoin before, which failed.

And please don´t close this thread.

Signatures lead to paid signature programs which leads to spam!

Clearly we must eliminate the signatures... or ban the paid sig programs
mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 09:33:47 AM

Hi craig.

We don´t know if there is some progress, when everything is hidden in the background.

This here is the main crypto forum, so please use this forum to spread new infos.
Links to other forums or sites are ok, but make more summaries like your last one and then link for further infos.

Mastercoin wouldn´t be in this situation, if they have better communications to the community here.

Like many mentioned, rebrand the name to "Omni" or other, "Master" is implicating to much and doesn´t sound very good and there already has been a Mastercoin before, which failed.

There you go -> http://blog.mastercoin.org/
Zephir

Activity: 533
Merit: 539

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 10:10:00 AM

Why haven´t you guys posted this article here?

Then there wouldn´t have been so much speculation about the funds, etc.

Its ok to have a msc blog, but if there is just 1 article per week, you can tell us the same here or make a summary here and then link to it, I and many others don´t have time to search for pieces of info on multiple sites.

THE GREAT TRANSITION

Friends,

Many of you (including myself) during the crowdsale last August endowed the MSC Foundation with the support needed to build out the open source features of the MSC Protocol. We have come a long way since then, seeing token creation, distributed crowdsales, decentralized exchange and many amazing projects become reality on top of the protocol we envisioned together last year.

Today though, I’m here to tell you of a great transition that is coming.

Many in the community are asking: What will happen when the funds originally contributed to develop the MSC protocol are all spent? Its an important question and rather than leave people guessing, here I will outline the plan moving forward.

A Community Driven Model

The crowdsale was a great way to spark off development and get the original vision of the protocol implemented and operational. However, now that there are many projects operational on top of the protocol, it is that community which should be the one taking the lead.

The best way to accomplish this is through a model very similar to the Bitcoin Foundation, where support is gathered from those projects and community members using the protocol in their technology stacks. While this model is imperfect, it remains the best we have available for aligning the support of those using the protocol and those working to develop it.

Already some of the largest projects in our MSC eco-system have stepped up to say they want to sponsor the core developers in their work, by becoming members of a community driven Foundation.  These community sponsorships will make it possible for the core developers of Omni Wallet and the Omni Core implementations to continue and expand their work on these open source projects.

New Entity New Branding – From Master to Omni

In order to fully embrace this vision of a community driven model, there has been a planned election of new board members for the MSC Foundation. However, I believe that an even further step is required. An entirely new entity. One that reflects the international nature of many of the projects building on top of the protocol. Along with this new entity comes the opportunity to move beyond the initial branding of Mastercoin / Master Protocol to a new brand that reflects the broad and inclusive goals of the new community driven Foundation. I propose that this new Foundation adopt the Omni brand. A new Omni Foundation.

Already users are associating with the Omni Wallet as there primary interface to all of their digital tokens. Lets extend that to an Omni Core, Omni Protocol, so on and so forth. Of course the ownership of the tokens (previously called MSC) will remain the same, and the objective of building great open source software on top of the existing protocol will continue.

Its worth noting this transition will take time. The websites will be updated, the international entity has to be formed, the sponsorships and new community members formalized. My expectation is this transformation will take the rest of 2014.

My goal is to launch January 1st 2015 with a new entity and a clear path forward for the community. That way there is a smooth transition from the existing Foundation to the new Omni Foundation.

Next Steps

I’ll be making more posts in the near future about the sponsors of the new Omni Foundation, filling in details and answering community questions on a Reddit AMA.

However this direction should give the community, the confidence they need to know, there is long and sustainable road ahead for them to build amazing project on.

Thanks for being part of this community, which at its heart is moving such important decentralized technology forward.

Best Regards,

David A. Johnston

Chairman of the MSC Foundation Board of Directors

Signatures lead to paid signature programs which leads to spam!

Clearly we must eliminate the signatures... or ban the paid sig programs
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 10:16:34 AM

Hi craig.

There you go -> http://blog.mastercoin.org/

The blog really isn't enough though. It certainly helps but combined with the efforts to close this thread just feels liked a forced one-way communication.

more or less retired.
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 10:34:41 AM

Too soon? I could not resist..

I found this labeled as "concepts round 4".

mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 10:40:20 AM

Oh my, don't rush it please  Grin
pigheadbig

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 02:18:42 PM

Hello folks, Craig from Mastercoin here.

Saw some interesting comments on the other thread and thought I could re-post some updates for the people who follow this one.

With regards to the progress on the platform and protocol, including new issuers, let me provide some recent news, as it appears the really good news doesn’t get spread (all of our /r/Bitcoin links get deleted shortly after being posted….):

1. Integration of Master Core with large partners is increasing rapidly.  Bitfinex, Expresscoin, GoCoin, ZenBox, HolyTransactions (among others) have all integrated in the past two weeks.  More wallet integrations are coming soon as well. 
2. The Decentralized Exchange phase II is in testing currently on testnet (sneak peek at testnet.omniwallet.org) with release before the end of the year.
3. Master Core QT wallets for Linux, Windows and OS X are also in testing, and we will release a testnet version imminently (which will include DEx Phase II UI).
4. Larger issuers such as Tether (of which I am involved), Factom, HopeGold, etc are only a few of the larger, announced issuers taking advantage of the protocol.  The feedback we receive from major issuers (most unannounced) are that the Master Protocol (soon to be re-branded Omni), is the preferred platform due to ongoing development to the core protocol and software, and the expertise within the team.
5. The move from crowdsale financed development to community sponsorship is taking hold well with these larger issuers (and several of the smaller ones).
6. We have contracted with a well-known crypto firm to redesign OmniWallet UI from the ground up, and we’re in final review of this interface.  It should be implemented along with the DEx Phase II release before the end of the year.

Some of the other items being discussed are which smart contract technologies to leverage going forward, and how we can coordinate interop with other technologies such as Ethereum, Sidechains, etc.  Our focus is not to be an isolated island of functionality, but instead to be a bridge between complimentary technologies.  The partnerships we have made are extremely strong, and as they get announced the rest of the community will see the results.

In short, adoption of the platform is growing, but most of it is occuring quietly in the background.  Our progress has been dictated by making sure what we release is rock solid, as the possibility of disabling features after release due to problems is unacceptable.  This may not happen as quickly as everyone would like, but it’s prudent and I firmly believe that the platform is being adopted by so many third parties because of the quality of the work in each release.  We are constantly told how easy it is to complete an integration with Master Core.  The same can’t be said for other platforms.  As we continue to become integrated with other large partners (again, several of which are unannounced), it should become evident how strong of a platform we have.

Do not hesitate to reach out to me with any questions.

Craig

finally get some  great news from msc,
too long wait for msc,glad to see the price rise.
igba

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 09:04:57 PM

is anyone else having problems with omniwallet.org I can't seem to login it just keeps doing the loading symbol
luffy

Activity: 607
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 09:14:02 PM

question:
after the "death" of PoW coins (like BTC if stays POW only) is it possible for MSC to jump (transparently for the end user) to other coin (like a PoS) one?
or a new platform is needed from the beginning?
marcelus

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:42:03 PM

question:
after the "death" of PoW coins (like BTC if stays POW only) is it possible for MSC to jump (transparently for the end user) to other coin (like a PoS) one?
or a new platform is needed from the beginning?

It's very possible, yes.
udecker

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:13:46 PM

Since Dexx posted some UI screenshots, here’s one more.

]
Bitoy

Activity: 449

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 12:16:09 AM

Nice screen shots.  I'm also working on a customized android app (with API calls to master core).

Is there an omniwallet android app source code ?
udecker

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 04:23:39 AM

Nice screen shots.  I'm also working on a customized android app (with API calls to master core).

Is there an omniwallet android app source code ?

Bitoy - that’s awesome.  Let us know how it goes! 

The screenshot you see above is for a tablet- and mobile-formatted web wallet.  At this point in time there is no android implementation being pursued directly by the Foundation, but I’m aware of several that are in progress.

]
Bitoy

Activity: 449

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 09:37:13 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2014, 09:52:02 AM by Bitoy

Bitoy - that’s awesome.  Let us know how it goes!  

The screenshot you see above is for a tablet- and mobile-formatted web wallet.  At this point in time there is no android implementation being pursued directly by the Foundation, but I’m aware of several that are in progress.

Thanks to Dexx for supplying the mastercore api.  

The android app I'm working on can now send (and receive) a mastercoin property (msc, tsmc, ePeso #27) in testnet.

Adding a way to allow the user to create his own property (coin).

mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:56:17 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2014, 07:08:17 PM by mishax1

Just bought another 100msc off the omniwallet @ 0.01BTC  Cheesy

Wanted to ask if it is possible to add an auto payment check box for the transaction if all the criteria are met and the buy offer is "good to go" since sometimes it's not possible nor convenient to wait 30-40 minutes for bitcoin block (I just waited 50min, and 30min before that) ?  

Unless it can cause some security matters..
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: