Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:51:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 607 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CommunityCoin (COMM) | Pure PoS | Original COMM MultiPools Coming Soon  (Read 523779 times)
degel_x

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:09:40 AM

I just received my coins, the envious will say that is paint

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qiwoman

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:09:55 AM

Yeah less coins more valuable no big deal... good luck with second distribution..I hope I am one of the lucky ones if not I am still happy to be here and grateful..very grateful for first round..If I do get second round I I will eventually help many peeps and will also pledge 50k for COMM COIN projects like the song, website etc. Smiley. Nihgt night my peeps.
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:11:32 AM

Yeah less coins more valuable no big deal... good luck with second distribution..I hope I am one of the lucky ones if not I am still happy to be here and grateful..very grateful for first round..If I do get second round I I will eventually help many peeps and will also pledge 50k for COMM COIN projects like the song, website etc. Smiley. Nihgt night my peeps.

I second this notion. Smiley Smiley
vcoinminer0938

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:11:40 AM

I just received my coins, the envious will say that is paint

Haha, interesting..
Adriano
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 1285
Merit: 1085

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:12:16 AM

Dear community: we have to report an incident to you. This morning one of our team members computer had a hard-drive failure, and as a conseuquence many files were lost in which it has one of our COMM coin depot wallet, with approximately 196.8 mil COMMs in it. Despite all efforts we are not able to recover the wallet, and unfortunately no backup was made for this wallet (while we made backups for other wallets, this one was somehow missed as it was created later than others).

This is the wallet:
http://www.coinexplorers.com/address/CKGK6MFmBkreG7k5sU8gDEJNVJ57QZtN3H

We are sorry about this incident, and we want to sincerely appologize to the community. Since the wallet (private key) was erased, it is like this amount of coins was never mined. So total available coins will be 800 mils instead of 1000 mils for COMM. This is a good thing in a sense, that it will enhance our existing coin value. We publish the wallet so that everyone can see that this amount (196780608.602771 COMMs) will be dead in that wallet, that no one has access to them. These coins will never be circulated in the market.

With the coin reserves left, we will distribute 2nd round distribution, as promised.

As a community, we are going strong, and with about 800 mil coins in circulation, we will have a better value of our coin!

So delivery will be done according to same route and whats left put bounty budged.

That's not as bad as it could be :-)

It would be good to hard-code this address in the wallet avoiding funds to be spent. They are already gone, but I'm pretty sure if we do not do it some people will start making accusations here. This action would only bring more transparency and make our coin stronger.

I hope to hear what others think about it.

P.S.: Just got the second share...

Adriano

Edit: mispelling

Oh dear... but this may not be a bad thing. Less coins, more values. As dev posted the wallet address, I am sure it is not them to steal the coins, it is just an accident. If these coins are gone, not a bad thing, not distributed yet anyway.

I don't doubt it was an honest accident but I fear for the reaction of others and how this reaction could affect the price and confidence in our coin... As these coins are gone for good, there is no problem in burning the address in the source code. This way if it was a scam (I'm not saying it is) not one node would relay the transaction nor accept a block where the transaction was included...

Only a couple lines of code and the trust is reestablished.

If at some point the wallet is recovered we will only need to decide what to do with the coins and remove the lock from the source.

Adriano

--
LeChatNoir

Activity: 699
Merit: 501

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 05:13:08 AM

you can always see if the coins remain untouched. I'm not that bothered to be honest and have faith in the dev.

edit; adriano's fix sounds like a great solution

If there is something going on here it will not matter if people can tell if the coins are untouched or not.

Once the coins are dumped they are dumped.  They devs can then dissapear.

If there is foul play going on it would be beneficial to the devs to claim a wallet is unavailable so they cannot use it, wait awhile until the value grows, and then dump it all at once after a liquid market has been established.  In fact the "missing wallet" things would be a perfect ruse to explain why there is an extra several million lying around.

I am not saying that is what is happening at all, but it is fun to speculate.

I agree 100% with you.
After all the scams we have seen in the past months how can people be so stupid to believe that some "developer" come out from nowhere with 13 posts has lost the private key that gives access to 20% of all coins?
We are talking about 200.000 $ worth of coins here and you must really be naive to believe that they just lost the private key.

Land Marks

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:14:31 AM

The more I think about it the more it sounds like a great scam. (not saying it is, just if it was it would be a good scam)

Tell people you lost the wallet so the community is ok with a several hundred million coin wallet just lying around.

Let the price rise and stabalize.

Dump and dissapear.
Adriano
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:16:49 AM

you can always see if the coins remain untouched. I'm not that bothered to be honest and have faith in the dev.

If there is something going on here it will not matter if people can tell if the coins are untouched or not.

If there is foul play going on it would be beneficial to the devs to claim a wallet is unavailable so they cannot use it, wait awhile until the value grows, and then dump it all at once after a liquid market has been established.  In fact the "missing wallet" things would be a perfect ruse to explain why there is an extra several million lying around.

I agree 100% with you.
After all the scams we have seen in the past months how can people be so stupid to believe that some "developer" come out from nowhere with 13 posts has lost the private key that gives access to 20% of all coins?
We are talking about 200.000 $ worth of coins here and you must really be naive to believe that they just lost the private key.

Actually shit happens. What matters is how the community will handle it and show why this coin is different from the others!!!

Adriano

--
scott0577

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:17:00 AM

The more I think about it the more it sounds like a great scam. (not saying it is, just if it was it would be a good scam)

Tell people you lost the wallet so the community is ok with a several hundred million coin wallet just lying around.

Dump and dissapear.
This is why Dev posted the wallet coinexplorers.com/address/CKGK6MFmBkreG7k5sU8gDEJNVJ57QZtN3H
Steven Lee

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:17:20 AM

Dear community: we have to report an incident to you. This morning one of our team members computer had a hard-drive failure, and as a conseuquence many files were lost in which it has one of our COMM coin depot wallet, with approximately 196.8 mil COMMs in it. Despite all efforts we are not able to recover the wallet, and unfortunately no backup was made for this wallet (while we made backups for other wallets, this one was somehow missed as it was created later than others).

This is the wallet:

We are sorry about this incident, and we want to sincerely appologize to the community. Since the wallet (private key) was erased, it is like this amount of coins was never mined. So total available coins will be 800 mils instead of 1000 mils for COMM. This is a good thing in a sense, that it will enhance our existing coin value. We publish the wallet so that everyone can see that this amount (196780608.602771 COMMs) will be dead in that wallet, that no one has access to them. These coins will never be circulated in the market.

With the coin reserves left, we will distribute 2nd round distribution, as promised.

As a community, we are going strong, and with about 800 mil coins in circulation, we will have a better value of our coin!

So delivery will be done according to same route and whats left put bounty budged.

It would be good to hard-code this address in the wallet avoiding funds to be spent. They are already gone, but I'm pretty sure if we do not do it some people will start making accusations here. This action would only bring more transparency and make our coin stronger.

Adriano

Oh dear... but this may not be a bad thing. Less coins, more values. As dev posted the wallet address, I am sure it is not them to steal the coins, it is just an accident. If these coins are gone, not a bad thing, not distributed yet anyway.

I don't doubt it was an honest accident but I fear for the reaction of others and how this reaction could affect the price and confidence in our coin... As these coins are gone for good, there is no problem in burning the address in the source code. This way if it was a scam (I'm not saying it is) not one node would relay the transaction nor accept a block where the transaction was included...

If at some point the wallet is recovered we will only need to decide what to do with the coins and remove the lock from the source.

Adriano

The coins got burned. Now it's only +800 million

So will the 2nd round distribution be done in a alphabet order. That is not a good thing since my id is starting with letter 'S'. Anyone knows?

LeChatNoir

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 05:17:24 AM

+1

The dev team posted the address and let everyone see. So we can see, I don't think there will be any move in that account. These coins are dead. The dev team won't be stupid enough to use this way to steal coins. If they really want to, they have zillons ways to do it.

So this looks like an accident...

[/quote]

They won't be stupid enough to dump those 200M coins when they find a bid? And become millionaires with 0 effort?
And you think you will have time to frontrun them and dump before they do when they finally move the coins?
Are you serious?

Adriano
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:18:25 AM

This is the wallet:

Adriano

Adriano

I know it... and so, what's the problem of we block this address sign transactions ? As far as I'm concerned, none.

--
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:19:12 AM

I agree 100% with you.

Actually shit happens. What matters is how the community will handle it and show why this coin is different from the others!!!

Adriano

The community can hold itself accountable and ensure those coins do not get pulled out and dumped. Now convincing non-members of this may be a challenge, but members able to put in the time to advocate for COMM in the forums and trollboxes should help mitigate any damage to perception.
mugwampbro

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:19:39 AM

This is the wallet:

Adriano

Adriano

+100  I love intelligent posts !! Another good Idea..ADIANO..!!

LeChatNoir

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 05:19:46 AM

This is the wallet:

Adriano

They should definitely block that address otherwise this coin is already dead.

Adriano

I know it... and so, what's the problem of we block this address sign transactions ? As far as I'm concerned, none.

degel_x

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:19:49 AM

This is the wallet:

Ok i'm gonna trust you

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Land Marks

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:20:46 AM

Dump and dissapear.
This is why Dev posted the wallet coinexplorers.com/address/CKGK6MFmBkreG7k5sU8gDEJNVJ57QZtN3H

This absolutely guarantees nothing.  If this is a scam the devs will just dissapear after cashing the wallet in.

A lot of blind trust going around here today.
scott0577

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:20:54 AM

This is the wallet:

Adriano

Adriano

So will the 2nd round distribution be done in a alphabet order. That is not a good thing since my id is starting with letter 'S'. Anyone knows?

Haha Is there room in this boat.
vcoinminer0938

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:21:25 AM

Dump and dissapear.

Ya, it may be, but even it is, you can wait and dump together with them.
u still profit from that, especially for those who get 1 million for free. Smiley
I like this coin & just purchased some.
even this is a scam coin, I think the price will at least 5 times as current price on poloniex.
and I will watch it, closely..

luv2mine

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:23:59 AM

interesting coin!
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 607 »
  Print  

Jump to: