Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:09:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 [497] 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 ... 607 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CommunityCoin (COMM) | Pure PoS | Original COMM MultiPools Coming Soon  (Read 523781 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:37:58 PM

The dev should have distributed to wider community rather than choosing who will get the coins

the problem are cheaters, i think the dev distribution was good, but too many cheaters forced him to send the second stake to the same person

blame cheaters

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mugwampbro

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:38:38 PM

I can't even sell anymore, if I sell my coins it would sent us back to the 40's  Lips sealed

Spekk, do you know that you are creating a panic sell without reason? Do you know that every thing that we post here has an impact on the market? Please, think about that. I think that trading need attitude  Undecided

I don't thinkt that the people that are dumping right now will read this forum. Probably just day traders and miners looking for quick money and take any price they can get. Impatience f**kers. I allready lost 25% of my investment not willing to lose much more because of them. Will be gone this evening when I get home I hope to see some good news or else I'm out.

Welcome to cryptoworld! If you want more fair trading, go to Forex, where you have to follow economic and geopolitical news. There also is limited the spread you are buying-selling at. This is free market, where even worst nightmares are possible. COMM is still strong, manipulators are trying to get more cheap coins with small sell orders coming through. Only the weak hands are following and selling.

My hands are shaking right now, I've invested all my college money in this...

Man....your in big trouble when your parents find out Grin

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 06:39:19 PM

The dev should have distributed to wider community rather than choosing who will get the coins
no matter how wide, it would have been, you wouldn't have been included... so this isn't even not your business

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 06:42:28 PM

This coin is dead, no activity going on on the exchanges nobody is buying anymore price dropped to 69.
I think i whas wrong with this coin, will take that buy wall at 67 if nothing happens soon...

the problem is still one

those damn 200M, no one will buy until those 200M will die once and for all

Stop throwing this shit, 200M coins were blocked forever.

you could bring them back with a client upgrade, only hard fork can ensure that they will never be used

That is correct! What is the problem?..... DEV, is there a problem ?
I, as a stakeholder, want this shit finished once and for all. And I am willing to put my money where my mouth is. If the dev is incapable of doing a hard fork, the programmer that helped Joel with the coin2 change over is available and will work for shares. A lot of investors just follow the crowd, and right now the crowd sez..."what abut those 200 mill coins?" Everybody can speculate what ever they want... but until those coins are gone forever we ain't going anywhere.  Tongue

nobody cares and for the moment (except 3 very concerns fuder), nobody knows how to solve that (except 3 very concerns fuder), but if you are ready to throw some BTCs to get the problem solved, I am pretty sure someone will be interested.

please don't to fud tonight, wait tomorrow I might have some interesting coins to sell

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:43:39 PM

This coin is dead, no activity going on on the exchanges nobody is buying anymore price dropped to 69.
I think i whas wrong with this coin, will take that buy wall at 67 if nothing happens soon...

the problem is still one

you could bring them back with a client upgrade, only hard fork can ensure that they will never be used

I, as a stakeholder, want this shit finished once and for all. And I am willing to put my money where my mouth is. If the dev is incapable of doing a hard fork, the programmer that helped Joel with the coin2 change over is available and will work for shares. A lot of investors just follow the crowd, and right now the crowd sez..."what abut those 200 mill coins?" Everybody can speculate what ever they want... but until those coins are gone forever we ain't going anywhere.  Tongue

nobody cares and for the moment nobody how to solve that (except 3 very concerns fuder)

you killed my eyes with that quote lmao
mugwampbro

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:47:33 PM

the problem is still one

I, as a stakeholder, want this shit finished once and for all. And I am willing to put my money where my mouth is. If the dev is incapable of doing a hard fork, the programmer that helped Joel with the coin2 change over is available and will work for shares. A lot of investors just follow the crowd, and right now the crowd sez..."what abut those 200 mill coins?" Everybody can speculate what ever they want... but until those coins are gone forever we ain't going anywhere.  Tongue

nobody cares and for the moment nobody how to solve that (except 3 very concerns fuder)

ME TOO!     WHO AM I.... WHERE'S MY CAR? Grin

djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 06:51:29 PM

the problem is still one

I, as a stakeholder, want this shit finished once and for all. And I am willing to put my money where my mouth is. If the dev is incapable of doing a hard fork, the programmer that helped Joel with the coin2 change over is available and will work for shares. A lot of investors just follow the crowd, and right now the crowd sez..."what abut those 200 mill coins?" Everybody can speculate what ever they want... but until those coins are gone forever we ain't going anywhere.  Tongue

ME TOO!     WHO AM I.... WHERE'S MY CAR? Grin
next time I see a red text, It will be something worst  Grin

djm34 facebook page
jalmari

Activity: 814
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:53:05 PM

This looks great to me! Something new and also a fix for the 200M.

I want to add that I am not worried about those 200M but it seems that there still are a lot of people who are. I have seen that this problem is still mentioned in other threads when people are talking about COMM.

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
  ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▄▄
▄█████████▀▀          ▀▀█████████▄
██████▀▀        ▄▄        ▀▀██████
██████      ▄▄██████▄▄      ██████
██████    ██████████████    ██████
██████      ▀▀██████▀▀      ██████
██████          ▀▀        ▄▄██████
▀█████    ▄▄          ▄▄█████████▀
   ▀▀█    ████▄▄ ▄▄██████████▀▀
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █
    KryptKoin rebranded to Phore   
     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
PoS 3.0  –  Masternodes  –  Zerocoin

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
 ▄████████▀▀      ▀▀████████▄
▐█████▀▀              ▀▀█████▌
▐████       ▄▄██▄▄       ████▌
▐████    ▄██████████▄    ████▌
▐████    ████████████    ████▌
▐████    ▀██████████▀    ████▌
▐████       ▀▀██▀▀       ████▌
 ▀███                 ▄▄█████▌
    ▀    █▄▄      ▄▄████████▀
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
jalmari

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:55:43 PM

the problem is still one

Btw, in C2 they changed the whole coin and swapping was done in exchanges.

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █
     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 06:55:59 PM

I want to add that I am not worried about those 200M but it seems that there still are a lot of people who are. I have seen that this problem is still mentioned in other threads when people are talking about COMM.

yep a lot... let me count: 3  Grin

djm34 facebook page
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2388
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:00:03 PM

would be nice to have a fork now. the retracement from 105 sat is getting to critical values.

djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 07:01:59 PM

we can fork and makes it X11 (I am pretty sure it would be possible...)

djm34 facebook page
Secondleo

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:05:25 PM

Yes, I tried talking about it a couple of times, but this thread is no place for this.
I advertised the forum more than once, but obviously nobody seems too eager to migrate there as well.
A single thread is no place to discuss technical details. It is utterly inefficient und unfruitful.
Skilled people have more to do than read through pages of meaningless conversations. Time is money. In case of skilled workers it is a lot of money. And reading random noises isn't paid.
Secondleo

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:07:37 PM

Of course. Just tell me. Why?
X11 is a POW algo. Why should it be implemented in a POS system?

Pure POS has a set of serious flaws that need adressing. Migrating to X11 is utterly meaningless.
jalmari

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:11:12 PM

Pure POS has a set of serious flaws that need adressing. Migrating to X11 is utterly meaningless.

I also dont understand why we would need POW algo like X11 Smiley

Which are the flaws you are referring?

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 07:13:51 PM

Not if you implement a jackpot  Grin

Just saying, people are complaining again about the missing 200M and are worried they could be brought back by an update.
What I am saying, anything can be manipulated one way or another... no matter what... and for this reason this update (the 200M fix) is pointless as it has already been solved once.

djm34 facebook page
Secondleo

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:18:23 PM

Generally the cost to do an attack on a fully POS system is minimal.
A wallet can vote for several different generated blocks without any cost of doing so. It is a similar attack vector like 51% attacks in POW, just without the calculation cost.
Mind, you still need a sizeable amount of coins or at least nodes to do such an attack.

Nevertheless, it is without calculation price.

Another problem (which is easier solveable), is the inability to mint with cold storage coins. All the nice interest of 30% is meaningless if you want to put your coins into cold storage.
This is, as I said, a solveable problem though.
It will most likely require a hard fork, but I am not completly sure about that.
jalmari

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:34:57 PM

A wallet can vote for several different generated blocks without any cost of doing so. It is a similar attack vector like 51% attacks in POW, just without the calculation cost.
Mind, you still need a sizeable amount of coins or at least nodes to do such an attack.

This is new to me! I thought that you could only attack if you would have more than 51% of the coins!

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
Secondleo

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:38:54 PM

This is new to me! I thought that you could only attack if you would have more than 51% of the coins!

I am not completly sure about every detail. I am sure though, that you don't need 51% of all coins.

Maybe 51% of all minting coins, but never more.
And the minting ones aren't that many after all.
I think the metric more relevant is the amount of nodes you control. A Botnet would have a compareably easy approach on attacking a POS system.

So, POS is far from invincible
Adriano
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 1285
Merit: 1085

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:05:46 PM

the problem is still one

Just to clarify, it is not enough someone change the code and start running the new wallet... Most of the network has to use this new wallet. Besides of this, the wallet is supposed to be lost and if this is true no wallet change would bring those coins back. The fix was only a measure to guarantee if this is not true those coins wouldn't be dumped on any exchange.

Adriano

--
Pages: « 1 ... 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 [497] 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 ... 607 »
  Print  

Jump to: