If you use
bc1 addresses look past that.
bc1q tcasgay4ru ............. r3akj e5ref
bc1q
skip that look at tcasgay4ru
On the back end
Look at r3akj e5ref
IT IS way too much work for bots to go as deep as I am showing.
I very much do 2 sends if the coin is going to a strange person vs a known person
Say I am paying 0.01 to an unknown
I send 0.0001 ask for the person to tell me they got it
The send 0.0099 to same address
As to where I copy and paste I use an extra step.
I see the good address.
I copy it to my notes
I copy from my note to the send section on the wallet.
I check original
I check the note
I check the send section of the wallet.
It may seem stressful or time consuming, but I tell you, this is the best and we'll satisfactory. With the cross section verification, there will be no reason to send to the wrong address anymore. Perhaps, the receiver also have to confirm that they received it already before moving tye major transaction to the same address, and and am sure even while still sending the second time, there could still be some cross check again but not as strick as the former.
I don't usually copy to my address book, and then compare the original, the copied and the wallet own, I just marely cross check where am sending to at the already pasted one and the previous that was sent to me. But I think these more steps are safer and better. It's worth the time because any mistake to the wrong address, it is gone.
Checking that middle part of the address is just so important. Extra security activated😁
I think I learnt another level here. Weldon @philipma 1957