Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:11:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM Darkcoin instamine 2 millions DRKs (50% of darkcoin in circulation)  (Read 82585 times)
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:01:52 PM

I don't feel scammed. I managed to mine just fine, and bought more at rate 10k/0.25BTC. I'm sorry you missed the launch, and I'm sorry you didn't invest even 1 BTC when it was cheap. Don't be angry just because other people are more successful than you.

Again, who has been scammed?

You, dumb ass. You can rationalize it all you want, but the guy lied to you and preceded to benefit from that lie. He kept the coins he mined and now has you as a willing participant because you're A: a moron B: benefited just enough so you'll go along with it C: delusional.

You can decide which box applies.

*Also, I didn't say it was a scam. I'd call it fraud, but that's niggling over details.

How am I being scammed? I didn't lose anything. Quite contrary. If your definition of getting scammed is getting rich then I'm fine getting scammed every day and twice on Sundays.

How did he lie to me?

He just never answered you. =p Funny how that works.

wut.. no premine but you have 5k to throw?  Huh

I said fraud. Coin conveniently doesn't launch. Gives estimate and then proceeds to break that estimate conveniently at a time when most people would have regrouped and went to bed, then conveniently doesn't have it available in the most used format, and then conveniently doesn't relaunch in a fair manner to avoid the fraud label which you inconveniently have to  answer for in posts such as this, but he conveniently never answers for himself. If it smells like a duck, looks like a duck, walks away like a duck it's probably Evan renaming his coin to conveniently distance his project from the instamine he pulled with xcoin. It was an instamine and it doesn't matter if there's a story to deflect attention that it was most likely intentional, it was an instamine. 500k in coins in the first hour is an instamine.

You can parse it in your mind any way you want, but don't tell me I've gotta be stupid too. It was an instamine and that you and Evan own for the life of the coin and there isn't anything you can do about it now. He could have relaunched fairly, he chose not to, and now you're gonna have to answer for it as long as the coin exist or for how ever long you chose to be one of Evan's lackey apologist.

I don't think there's anyone trying to say a lot of coins weren't mined fast in the beginning. I'm certainly not trying to.

There were (and probably still are) hundreds of people F5'ing the ANN forums trying to instamine every coin's launch. It's a risk and effort people are willing to accept and sometimes it pays off. Just because you're too lazy to do it yourself doesn't mean you're entitled to be angry at those who aren't and get lucky once in a while.

A lot of coins were mined in the beginning. Now we are here, and a lot of coins are still to be mined. More than many other coins have I might add.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
illodin

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:02:53 PM

I don't feel scammed. I managed to mine just fine,

lol what a whore

Well should I have said I felt scammed when I didn't?

Were you scammed?
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 03:21:03 PM

I don't feel scammed. I managed to mine just fine, and bought more at rate 10k/0.25BTC. I'm sorry you missed the launch, and I'm sorry you didn't invest even 1 BTC when it was cheap. Don't be angry just because other people are more successful than you.

You, dumb ass. You can rationalize it all you want, but the guy lied to you and preceded to benefit from that lie. He kept the coins he mined and now has you as a willing participant because you're A: a moron B: benefited just enough so you'll go along with it C: delusional.

*Also, I didn't say it was a scam. I'd call it fraud, but that's niggling over details.

How am I being scammed? I didn't lose anything. Quite contrary. If your definition of getting scammed is getting rich then I'm fine getting scammed every day and twice on Sundays.

How did he lie to me?

I said fraud. Coin conveniently doesn't launch. Gives estimate and then proceeds to break that estimate conveniently at a time when most people would have regrouped and went to bed, then conveniently doesn't have it available in the most used format, and then conveniently doesn't relaunch in a fair manner to avoid the fraud label which you inconveniently have to  answer for in posts such as this, but he conveniently never answers for himself. If it smells like a duck, looks like a duck, walks away like a duck it's probably Evan renaming his coin to conveniently distance his project from the instamine he pulled with xcoin. It was an instamine and it doesn't matter if there's a story to deflect attention that it was most likely intentional, it was an instamine. 500k in coins in the first hour is an instamine.

You can parse it in your mind any way you want, but don't tell me I've gotta be stupid too. It was an instamine and that you and Evan own for the life of the coin and there isn't anything you can do about it now. He could have relaunched fairly, he chose not to, and now you're gonna have to answer for it as long as the coin exist or for how ever long you chose to be one of Evan's lackey apologist.

Ponzi Logic--since I benefited and am thankful that I benefited, you must be angry that you didn't benefit from the fraud. Everyone who calls this a fraud is just mad that they didn't benefit from the fraud.

So by your logic, a jury only convicted Madoff because they were mad that they didn't get in early enough? Rhetorical.  Roll Eyes

I said Dash was instamined and I'm not letting you or Evan forget it or change names to distance yourself from it. Not angry about the instamine. I'm mad that you think I should think it's OK and that Evan still claims it was an accident-- but thanks for illustrating your rationalization that most coins are instamined and therefore it is OK--reveals a lot about who you are and what you're about.

G2M

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:22:37 PM

How did he lie to me?

I don't think there's anyone trying to say a lot of coins weren't mined fast in the beginning. I'm certainly not trying to.

There were (and probably still are) hundreds of people F5'ing the ANN forums trying to instamine every coin's launch. It's a risk and effort people are willing to accept and sometimes it pays off. Just because you're too lazy to do it yourself doesn't mean you're entitled to be angry at those who aren't and get lucky once in a while.

A lot of coins were mined in the beginning. Now we are here, and a lot of coins are still to be mined. More than many other coins have I might add.

And more than 4x less than were originally stated too:

But apparently it's totally okay to take the 30k and change it into 120k+ overnight to appease the same small group of users:

Whoa! only 110 votes with 5% difference between yes and no and you decide to abort the vote and lock the thread before 24 hours and conclude that everyone decided not to airdrop?

Roll Eyes

After I asked many investors that purchased $10-100k USD worth of Darkcoin came out of the woodwork and said that would rob them. You can't change the rules in the middle of the game. It's in the past and we're moving on.

Can you imagine buying $30000 worth of something and then the developers making it worth $15000 overnight to appease a small group of users?

Even better, let's decentralize darksent into much less than a few thousand hands, you know, a number less than there are banks in the world:

Yet another reason why DarkSend needs to be decentralized:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279249.msg3041677#msg3041677

What happened there? oops.

Or another gem about how we're gonna get so close to that 84 million max coins:

There has been some debate lately about the reward structure vs the early adopter advantage. To be clear, Darkcoin was pre-announced so all of the miners shared in the early mining. There were some issues with the block reward in the beginning, but it was still fair. We don’t have a huge percentage of the coins in existence like some users have purposed.  In fact, we gave away nearly 80,000 coins in the first week.

Originally we thought scarce was good, but the halving was added to the code later and was an obvious mistake, it doesn’t work well with the formulas we’re using to implement the mining reward structure.

I’ve been doing the math this morning and Darkcoin doesn’t need a halving structure at all. So I’m removing it:

https://github.com/evan82/darkcoin/commit/819ccd71cab84c3728d457b16d2679486f917394

The formula 2222222/(((Difficulty+2600)/9)^2) is actually well defined to handle lowering the reward steadily over a long period of time. It caps out about 5000 difficulty, if this isn’t high enough or slow enough we can revisit this later.

This change will put us way closer to the 84,000,000 coin maximum that we originally wanted. The maximum rewards per year will be 5.2M per year (25 every 2.5 minutes) and eventually only release 1.0M per year (5 every 2.5 minutes).

Thanks for the input and support

Oh look, turns out the darkcoin blockchain is indeed a private one, and not necessarily an entirely 'public' one like in the hands-down-your-pants marketing propaganda that's being pushed lately:

While we understand Darkcoin can be used for things that are illegal/unlawful purposes, we (the Darkcoin Devs) would prefer not to be associated with that in any way. What DarkSend offers is just a more private blockchain, which is useful for all legitimate business also. However, we can't really control what is done with the technology or how it is used.

Oh, look, my favorite post about how early investors just aren't being rewarded enough, so let's vote:

Hello everyone and happy Friday!

Anyone who's been around long enough knows nothing in Darkcoin is ever set in stone and we listen to the community. Last time we removed the block halving we received a lot of crap, here's the problems with yearly halving.

- It's too fast and could destroy the coin
- It's way too much (50% per year)
- We already have formula for controlling the supply

Problems with not having a fixed supply:

- We'll have a constant amount of inflation forever. Most of us are in the austrian camp of economics, so I'd like to fix this.

In true Darkcoin fashion, I'd like to propose a solution that no other crypto has and fixes all of the issues. A yearly reduction of supply of 20%. With this we'll hit the cap of coins near 2056. I'm guessing we'll have somewhere near 25M coins (12M minimum, 49M maximum. Depends on how many miners we attract).

Let's have a vote!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=525093.0

Even better, the proposal states that the current number of around 22m is actually an average estimate between 12 and 49 million.

And here's one more, you know because 1000 might just be too much for a masternode for real:

Random thoughts that spring up:

1) If DRK goes to, say, 10 bucks a coin in the mid-term, we are talking about 10.000 usd for running a node. It could be too much.

2) 10% of the mining for last node sounds too much. It also may open up a window of exploitation and give incentive to DDOS in master nodes so that one node takes the fee instead of the other... Other types of exploitation for getting the mining reward could spring up as we go along.

1000DRK is probably too much, it was just an example number. So was 10%. I was just vetting the idea itself.

Something else: The other day someone mentioned about the DRK allocation to various wallets and that Cryptsy has something like 400-500k DRK (?)... so, in this scenario, an exchange of that size can create 400 master nodes as a way to gain "interest" on their money despite the hot-wallet risk. Even if they only used 50% of their DRKs, it could be 200 nodes - which would be a sizeable part of the network under control of only 1 party. That would require quite a lot of laundering depth to avoid the chance of hitting a cryptsy node every single time.

That's a good point, the exchanges will definitely want to take part in those profits.  I imagine they wouldn't want to run 100% of their coins as master nodes, that excessively dangerous. They must keep 80%+ in cold wallets.

Note that last point about exchanges - because those coins you think are in cold storage .. well they're really being used as masternodes for the exchanges! Why do you think there's so little push for <1000 coin holders to come together and make masternodes? forget that, if you just ignore them they'll just put those coins on the exchanges so we can take that money from them!

Wind picked up: F4BC1F4BC0A2A1C4

banditryandloot goin2mars kbm keyboard-mash theusualstuff

probably a few more that don't matter for much.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 06:06:21 PM

I don't feel scammed. I managed to mine just fine,

lol what a whore

Well should I have said I felt scammed when I didn't?

Were you scammed?

Scammed may be the wrong saying, but I think you felt atleast unfairly treated. I am only posting this, because I saw this screenshot in another thread. If you felt otherwise, please eleborate.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
G2M

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 07:00:07 PM

Just a little analysis:

PoS

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

If you can be anything, be kind and fair

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 09:10:45 PM

[/quote]

obviously you conveniently forgot that in the future 60% of the coins come from the masternotes which in turn come by large percentage from the instamine fraudster.
Your character stinks magnitudes more than any crack whore
Keep your xcoin-darkcoin-dash-.......  trash shit
Jeff8247

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 09:20:46 PM

Trolls, how much are you being paid? Any jobs going?

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -Abraham Lincoln, 1864
illodin

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 09:43:23 PM

And more than 4x less than were originally stated too:

But apparently it's totally okay to take the 30k and change it into 120k+ overnight to appease the same small group of users:

If you increase the value of everyone's holdings, no one is getting scammed. It's totally different than decreasing the value of everyone's holdings. Even you must understand this.

Note that last point about exchanges - because those coins you think are in cold storage .. well they're really being used as masternodes for the exchanges! Why do you think there's so little push for <1000 coin holders to come together and make masternodes? forget that, if you just ignore them they'll just put those coins on the exchanges so we can take that money from them!

Can you explain the "take that money from them" part further, I'm not getting what you're trying to say. There are people with < 1000 DRK pooling together to run nodes btw. If there aren't enough of them to your liking, it's because the rewards are not good enough as the price of the coin is still very low. I'd expect the amount of people doing that to increase further if the price would let's say 10x.
illodin

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 09:48:37 PM

So by your logic, a jury only convicted Madoff because they were mad that they didn't get in early enough? Rhetorical.  Roll Eyes

That's not the same logic at all. Shove your straw man where the sun don't shine.

I said Dash was instamined and I'm not letting you or Evan forget it or change names to distance yourself from it.

And I said I don't think there's anyone trying to say a lot of coins weren't mined fast in the beginning. I'm certainly not trying to. The only thing the one year old fast mine at the beginning matters now or in the future is that some people don't like it.

Not angry about the instamine. I'm mad that you think I should think it's OK and that Evan still claims it was an accident-- but thanks for illustrating your rationalization that most coins are instamined and therefore it is OK--reveals a lot about who you are and what you're about.

I have tried to instamine a lot of coins, some were successes, most weren't. It's funny though, the most profitable mines have caused the most controversy.
G2M

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 10:01:16 PM

If you increase the value of everyone's holdings, no one is getting scammed. It's totally different than decreasing the value of everyone's holdings. Even you must understand this.

You're only taking into account half the picture. Increase the value of everyone's holdings now, on the dollar of every future investor. Decreasing the value of everyone's holdings now, not on the dollar of every future investor, but your own.

Even you should be able to see this.

Can you explain the "take that money from them" part further, I'm not getting what you're trying to say. There are people with < 1000 DRK pooling together to run nodes btw. If there aren't enough of them to your liking, it's because the rewards are not good enough as the price of the coin is still very low. I'd expect the amount of people doing that to increase further if the price would let's say 10x.

Well, people hand the exchanges thousands. In turn, the exchanges "take that money from the current masternode operators". Because the exchange doesn't have to purchase these coins out right, yet still will set up masternodes to collect/siphon money (from the MN reward structure) from the other people that have actually paid for their coins, they are encouraged to steal from these people. Not a good business model.

How many nodes have been created by pooled money? Is it even anywhere enough to change the numbers in the figure I posted? Is this service managed by one person? The people pooling these coins, do not own the nodes directly, do they? It is safe to say that the ownership of the masternode is more correctly described as being under control of the manager?

There won't be anywhere near enough of them so long as the collateral required is 1k, because even doubling the amount now still only gives less than 20 people minimum that could potentially collude and have control of >50% of the masternode network.

If the only argument to keeping the 1k number is to prevent 'network chatter' then the method is just not scalable to a real world application.

illodin

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 10:31:16 PM

You're only taking into account half the picture. Increase the value of everyone's holdings now, on the dollar of every future investor. Decreasing the value of everyone's holdings now, not on the dollar of every future investor, but your own.

Even you should be able to see this.

Actually, decreasing the inflation will benefit the future investor as well.

Well, people hand the exchanges thousands. In turn, the exchanges "take that money from the current masternode operators". Because the exchange doesn't have to purchase these coins out right, yet still will set up masternodes to collect/siphon money (from the MN reward structure) from the other people that have actually paid for their coins, they are encouraged to steal from these people. Not a good business model.

How many nodes have been created by pooled money? Is it even anywhere enough to change the numbers in the figure I posted? Is this service managed by one person? The people pooling these coins, do not own the nodes directly, do they? It is safe to say that the ownership of the masternode is more correctly described as being under control of the manager?

There won't be anywhere near enough of them so long as the collateral required is 1k, because even doubling the amount now still only gives less than 20 people minimum that could potentially collude and have control of >50% of the masternode network.

If the only argument to keeping the 1k number is to prevent 'network chatter' then the method is just not scalable to a real world application.

Some exchanges are staking PoS coins, did you know this? Are you angry about it?

There are individual people posting in dashtalk.org seeking for partners, and there are people managing the pools. So there are both. Dunno the exact numbers.

Btw, how do you propose those "20 people" would collude using their >50% of the masternodes?

I don't know if the network chatter is the reason, maybe 1k is a nice round number, and maybe 3-4k nodes (eventually) is considered to be enough.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 10:52:30 PM

Just a little analysis:

There is one entity/person that already owns 675 masternodes, which is around 28% given current count of masternodes. So I think it is more grativating towards the minimum than the maximum.

Relevant post:

Now that link shows only 14k DASH in that wallet.

The site says "This feature is very experimental, inaccurate and not updated in real-time."

You can still see the inputs scraped for all the masternodes here: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/tx.dws?1702385.htm

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
G2M

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 11:35:42 PM

Some exchanges are staking PoS coins, did you know this? Are you angry about it?

Actually, I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it as a consensus mechanism that currently actively encourages theft somewhere in my post history. Legitimately I'm pretty pissed that those coins aren't distributed to their respective holders, yet understand that it would require effort that would likely be paid for by staking the coins in the first place. So yea, I mad. Whenever that bill is paid, and people think they've paid enough, my opinion is that people will start pushing for their money back. Or more likely something I don't expect will come out of it. Guess it's up to Cryptsy and their users.

Btw, how do you propose those "20 people" would collude using their >50% of the masternodes?

Obviously to spread fear and doubt by attribution to a 51% mining attack as a logical fallacy. Seriously though, give me some time and I'll put together some reasonable thought about it. I'm going to look at InstantX now, because from what I read about it, two nodes are selected randomly. If 50% is colluding between 7 people, that would seem to indicate a nearly 100% chance of knowing for sure your node will be selected. Wouldn't want to go and reach too far here though, I'll get back to this when I read into this.

Hey did they get blinding any closer to being on mainnet yet? Or, at least some kind of better description of its functionality? Kinda looking forward to see if it's still gonna be possible to trace transactions using the unique number of denominated inputs per darksend.

I don't know if the network chatter is the reason, maybe 1k is a nice round number, and maybe 3-4k nodes (eventually) is considered to be enough.

Hm, guess I'll look around for a technical reasoning for that, pretty sure it was literally just a couple of posts after evan posted that 1k is just an example number, and would likely be 'too much'.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 03:26:35 AM

That's not the same logic at all. Shove your straw man where the sun don't shine.

How is it not the same logic? You're telling me (reading my thoughts, badly) that the only reason I'm critical of Dash is that I didn't benefit from it's fraudulent launch, when I'm saying it's an instamine and needs to be reminded of that fact every day until it is either gone or Evan admits that it was intentional.  Wink You used a strawman (I 'm only mad because I didn't get rewarded by the same fraud rewarded you) and complain when I use the same tactic on you? Pot, meet.... Doesn't matter though, Evan's still more than likely a liar and the coin was instamined, so you still have that issue as much today as you did yesterday.

I said Dash was instamined and I'm not letting you or Evan forget it or change names to distance yourself from it.

And I said I don't think there's anyone trying to say a lot of coins weren't mined fast in the beginning. I'm certainly not trying to. The only thing the one year old fast mine at the beginning matters now or in the future is that some people don't like it.

You saying I'm not arguing the point is not the same as Evan admitting it in public and putting an end to any listing of Dash as a fair launch. That's what I want.

Not angry about the instamine. I'm mad that you think I should think it's OK and that Evan still claims it was an accident-- but thanks for illustrating your rationalization that most coins are instamined and therefore it is OK--reveals a lot about who you are and what you're about.

I have tried to instamine a lot of coins, some were successes, most weren't. It's funny though, the most profitable mines have caused the most controversy.

Thank you for revealing that profit is your only motive and you can't wrap your mind around the fact that other people have different motives and presume (badly) that anyone critical of your profit is just jealous. The people I admire most are Ghandi and Che, not Enron. I know this is difficult for you to grasp but money isn't even that important to me as a motivator--I'm an INTJ and it's just not what moves us. But congratulations on publicly admitting that money is what's most important to you and making fun of people who haven't benefited from the schemes you've been involved with--no way anyone can see that as a SELL sign.  Wink

illodin

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 04:43:09 AM

Thank you for revealing that profit is your only motive and you can't wrap your mind around the fact that other people have different motives and presume (badly) that anyone critical of your profit is just jealous.

Where did I reveal profit is my only motive? I might have one more motive, or even multiple, without not hating money conflicting with them.

I'm an INTJ and it's just not what moves us.

I read the description of "INTJ" and didn't see dyslexia or reading incomprehension being descriptive characteristics of one.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 04:54:01 AM

Thank you for revealing that profit is your only motive and you can't wrap your mind around the fact that other people have different motives and presume (badly) that anyone critical of your profit is just jealous.

Where did I reveal profit is my only motive? I might have one more motive, or even multiple, without not hating money conflicting with them.

Since we're niggling I'll fill in the unstated ellipsis for you.

Thank you for revealing that profit is the only motive that I've seen you display as I can't go through every post you've ever written, or read your mind, or use some magical impetus to divine your thoughts and actions. If you want people to not think greed is your motive, simply stop insisting that others criticize your chosen project because they didn't profit from it the same way you did--also, you are aware that that isn't a selling point, but more of a "OK, I'm happy for you, but how does that benefit me in any way, shape or form?" point? Rhetorical.

I'm an INTJ and it's just not what moves us.

I read the description of "INTJ" and didn't see dyslexia or reading incomprehension being descriptive characteristics of one.

Ad hominem, clever.

Saltzman Alaric

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 04:55:40 AM

Looking at the Darkcoin's dev, when people in Bitcointalk talk about the dev's instamine, and it is able to check via Abe explorer.
Today, he decided to do "Airdrop" 2,000,000 DRK ( are you kidding me ?, he instamine 2 millions darkcoins or almost 18 million USD)
Such a good dev, if people cannot catch his trick, he will definitely go with his instamine.

The first 24 hours of the coins existence keep causing us problems, an "airdrop" could be a solution to this. We could airdrop all holders (uniquely verified) with a equal portion of coin. This coin would come from a block in the future that paid 2 million+ coins to a specific address that I hold. We could use some kind of verification system like mastercoin (http://mastercoin-faucet.com/github-intro)
The airdrop would be a month or so into the future, so it would give users time to buy coins and become holders creating some demand. Also, we'd have a much larger market cap and the argument about the first 24 hours would become invalid.

How would you get a part of the airdrop?

- You must own 100DRK ( if you're new to Darkcoin but want to be part of the drop, you would need to purchase 100DRK ).

One of the following:
- Github: To redeem this reward, you need either at least three public repositories and your account must be older than August 1, 2013
- Reddit: To redeem this reward, you need a Reddit account with more than 100 karma.
- Bitcointalk: To redeem this reward you need an activity score above 10 as well as at least 10 posts

Any of these accounts would need to be created before April 1, 2014.
Vote!

Let's take a look at the first 5 h of Darkcoin (XCoin at that time)...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4589219#msg4589219
Edufield said (after failed launch) that he will wait the next day to launch DRK (XCoin at that time) it is 11 pm.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4591407#msg4591407
Edufield disregard windows wallet and daemon and hurry up his launch, presumably to not have windows miners on board.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4592827#msg4592827
Edufield say he added four nodes for the launch at 4 am (5 hours later, despite his promise to wait). The 4 nodes from Edufield are 3 amazons AWS + another unknown (whois IP). Launch started at 3h54 am.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4593601#msg4593601
Edufield said the github version was not updated, nobody could compile and only Edufield was able to mine until that time. It is 5.09 am and Edufield instamined alone 1153 block at 500 DRK + 60 block at reward 277 = 593120 DRK for him alone in about 1 hour.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4593987#msg4593987
No windows wallet confirmed at 5h47 am, despite a user attempt to make one avaiable, that Edufield dismissed quickly.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4594096#msg4594096
Illodin, understand dev has instamined alot of coin.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4595573#msg4595573
From this list of nodes, at 8h34 am (4h40 after launch) there were 50 Amazon AWS node and 50 microsoft cloud computing instamining DRK (checked using IP whois service). This is 100/124 nodes using cloud computing to instamine DRK. We are at block 2870 and block reward is 500. From block 1153-1729 block reward is 277. After that it is 500 again hence 2294 block at 500 + 576 at 277 = 1306552 DRK (worth about 13M$ now) were instamined in less than 5 hour by Edufield and coworkers using about 100 cloud mining instances. Edufield himself instamined in not even 5 h from 600K to 1169K DRK ((1306K-600K)*100/124 + 600K) depending how many of the 100 cloud mining instance were its own. All this while having purposefully set the difficult ridiculously low and block reward 100 times what it is now.

From 6M$ - 13M$ in 5 h, Edufield did some lucrative work here!

Edufield is nominee for the Master Scammer 2014 award!

THE FACTS ABOUT DARK COIN

1. released without windows QT so that only dev and pals could mine it.

2. Instamined harder than any other coin out there  12.5% of the current minting was mined in the first day

3. Later they decided to cut the minting by 75% to turn their 12.5% instamine with no windows QT into 50% instamine in 24hours - nice hey

yes that is correct they mined 50% of all the coins available at this time by themselves in the first 24 hours whilst windows users could not mine.

That is the facts.... doesn't matter what else they say... nothing can change what they have done.

Once zero coin, or bytecoin with a decent wallet it released or another darkcoin clone is released.... dark coin will sink like a stone.

Every time they try to spam their coin just post this to remind them of the facts about their coin.

hehe they will accuse anyone to hide their scam...

LET THEM ARGUE WITH THESE FACTS

1.  The block reward was 500 every couple seconds at launch!  Not 20 or 50 coins every 2.5 minutes as listed.  There was also no windows wallet so only linux users could mine.  This allowed about 1.7-2 million Darkcoins to be instamined in the first 24hours.  Representing about 50% OF ALL DARKCOINS CURRENTLY IN EXISTENCE!!!  All mined in the first 24hours by just a few wallets.  Then the rules were changed increasing the block time to 2.5 minutes and eliminating the 500 block reward, (but only after the instaminers had claimed 2 million or so coins first.)

2.  Today many of those day 1 instamined coins have already been sold and right now approx 24% of all Darkcoins are held in just 10 wallets.  This could be 10 people or it could be simply Evan with 10 different wallets.

3.  My opinion is that it is unfair and unfortunate that this occurred and IMO it represents a very real risk to Darkcoin in that there is an opening for a good dev to make an Identical X11 coin that has all the attributes of Darkcoin, plus a few more features, and have a truly fair and equitable launch.  The instamining will continue to be brought up as it currently represents about a 10% premine given the Dev recently reduced the total coins that will ever be in existence to around 22million!

noob fools saying i think it is nice people mining early get more coins...lol you silly noobs.

you would all be crying when a coin comes out with no wallet and a HUGE HUGE HUGE % of minting is mined in 24hours that you will never have a chance at you silly people.

keep quiet over thing you don't understand.

Just print this to anything they say!!!!!!

1.  The block reward was 500 every couple seconds at launch!  Not 20 or 50 coins every 2.5 minutes as listed.  There was also no windows wallet so only linux users could mine.  This allowed about 1.7-2 million Darkcoins to be instamined in the first 24hours.  Representing about 50% OF ALL DARKCOINS CURRENTLY IN EXISTENCE!!!  All mined in the first 24hours by just a few wallets.  Then the rules were changed increasing the block time to 2.5 minutes and eliminating the 500 block reward, (but only after the instaminers had claimed 2 million or so coins first.)

2.  Today many of those day 1 instamined coins have already been sold and right now approx 24% of all Darkcoins are held in just 10 wallets.  This could be 10 people or it could be simply Evan with 10 different wallets.

3.  My opinion is that it is unfair and unfortunate that this occurred and IMO it represents a very real risk to Darkcoin in that there is an opening for a good dev to make an Identical X11 coin that has all the attributes of Darkcoin, plus a few more features, and have a truly fair and equitable launch.  The instamining will continue to be brought up as it currently represents about a 10% premine given the Dev recently reduced the total coins that will ever be in existence to around 22million!

the more they try to justify or excuse it the more people get to read about the scam..............

in the end they will accept it is best to shut up about it and hope people forget.

The points are very valid.  

Let's see.  It walks like an instamine scam, it talks like an instamine scam, I must be an ....................  

Yet, some of the whales say it ain't so.  Uh huuuh?
illodin

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 02:03:29 PM

I can't go through every post you've ever written, or read your mind, or use some magical impetus to divine your thoughts and actions.

Well, that doesn't seem to stop you from drawing the conclusions that fit your agenda and stating them as facts.

If you want people to not think greed is your motive, simply stop insisting that others criticize your chosen project because they didn't profit from it the same way you did--also, you are aware that that isn't a selling point, but more of a "OK, I'm happy for you, but how does that benefit me in any way, shape or form?" point? Rhetorical.

I just wanted to piss off the regular trolls because I know that's just eating them up inside. I know, that was weak of me.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 07:56:21 PM

I can't go through every post you've ever written, or read your mind, or use some magical impetus to divine your thoughts and actions.

Well, that doesn't seem to stop you from drawing the conclusions that fit your agenda and stating them as facts.

If you want people to not think greed is your motive, simply stop insisting that others criticize your chosen project because they didn't profit from it the same way you did--also, you are aware that that isn't a selling point, but more of a "OK, I'm happy for you, but how does that benefit me in any way, shape or form?" point? Rhetorical.

I just wanted to piss off the regular trolls because I know that's just eating them up inside. I know, that was weak of me.

If you don't want me to draw the conclusion that I think you are greedy, you should probably chose different words--here's a good starting point that you can move on from and extricate yourself from the fraud you've chosen to endorse:

wut.. no premine but you have 5k to throw?  Huh

If you want to irritate people by stating that they're just angry that they missed out on the Dash profit, then you should be aware that they could just as easily accuse you of being angry at them for following through on their suspicions of fraud and choosing to actively fight it instead of actively supporting it. Some people resent others for following their initial instinct when they in fact found reasons not to. I think Patton called it the unforgiving hour.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: