Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 05:50:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NiceHash.com - sell & buy hash rate cloud mining service / multipool  (Read 794157 times)
Pfool

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 09:26:09 PM

If you had read the main project page, you would have seen that you don't have to compile anything. Binaries are available.
Moreover, I just give some advices to people who have the same kind of problems as I had. If you do not want to use it (it is your right),please, just ignore the post.

PS: the stratum proxy is not a miner, just a stratum proxy

Sorry but I not understand how to use stratum proxy to fix the stick problem in the miner.

Install a JVM on the computer that will run the proxy (it could be one of your rig), download the proxy binaries (a ZIP file) and unzip it in a directory.
In this directory, use the command:
java -jar stratum-proxy.jar -h stratum.nicehash.com:3336 failover1PoolUrl failover2PoolUrl -u yourNicehashBTCAddress failover1User failover2User  -p p=1.0;d=0.02 failover1Password failover2Password
(you can specify as many failover pools as you want, they will be used in the apparition order)

Then, configure only one pool on your sgminer (cgminer, ccminer or cudaminer) like that stratum+tcp://ipOfHostWithTheProxy:3333, the username and password you want and that's all.

With this configuration, the proxy manages the failover. So no more problem with the (buggy) pool switching functionnality of your miner.
You are welcome on the proxy thread to ask more questions.

Thanx Wink
BTC: 19wv8FQKv3NkwTdzBCQn1AGsb9ghqBPWXi
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:02:06 PM

nicehash is it possible your site could start doing folding at folding@home (just Google about it), it pays 0.005 btc/day per R9 280x or more with 290's and consume same power as x11 algo
You can get paid for Folding@Home?  Since when?  (haven't found anything to suggest this is true).
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:38:20 AM

nicehash is it possible your site could start doing folding at folding@home (just Google about it), it pays 0.005 btc/day per R9 280x or more with 290's and consume same power as x11 algo
You can get paid for Folding@Home?  Since when?  (haven't found anything to suggest this is true).

Using Curecoin. And the amount he claims you earn is far from realistic. As of right now you earn a bit less than using something like hashco.ws (even taking into consideration power usage). With that said, it's another speculation coin.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
odie158

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:24:59 AM

How did a new order #10152 get ahead of my order #8920 on the sha256 cue at .04btc/th/day. I put my order in days ago and have been waiting for it to come to the top of the cue and to have a new order queued ahead of mine at the same price is unfair.

This just happend for scrypt

#10339 gets priority over #8979

how does this work? why are some new orders placed before the current ones?

Thanks for reporting this. We'll take a look at this issue ASAP!
So, are you giong to put the orders in proper order? I am now loosing out on an order that I placed days ago.
TheFridge

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:31:44 AM

How did a new order #10152 get ahead of my order #8920 on the sha256 cue at .04btc/th/day. I put my order in days ago and have been waiting for it to come to the top of the cue and to have a new order queued ahead of mine at the same price is unfair.

So, are you giong to put the orders in proper order? I am now loosing out on an order that I placed days ago.

+1

I am a regular user of nicehash and have found that orders do not get filled correctly based on what the nicehash devs say. Example: last night I put in an order for 1.0. With a maximum of 2gh. I never got the 2gh filled yet below me there were orders of 0.8 completely filling up to 3gh and their order was placed AFTER mine. No explanation. I have brought this up before in this thread but nice hash seem to ignore it.
And nicehash, don't give the 'pool is unstable' thing because it happens with no matter what pool I'm at. Even with 100% efficiency on the pool
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:42:25 AM

+1

I am a regular user of nicehash and have found that orders do not get filled correctly based on what the nicehash devs say. Example: last night I put in an order for 1.0. With a maximum of 2gh. I never got the 2gh filled yet below me there were orders of 0.8 completely filling up to 3gh and their order was placed AFTER mine. No explanation. I have brought this up before in this thread but nice hash seem to ignore it.
And nicehash, don't give the 'pool is unstable' thing because it happens with no matter what pool I'm at. Even with 100% efficiency on the pool

I've noticed the same thing with miners as well. Sometimes people will be mining on a campaign that's lower paying than the top (like the top will show 2/50 GH/s but the ones below it will be full). This kills profit for miners and hurts those that are renting.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
kenshirothefist (OP)

Activity: 457
Merit: 273

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:30:31 AM

Hi,

Some users were complaining about improper orders sorting, so here I'll explain in details the logic of orders sorting. Sorry for the late replay, but we had to double check the algorithm on our test systems. There is nothing wrong with orders sorting, it just needs a bit of additional explanation. The logic of orders sorting is not trivial. We'll also add a separate FAQ for this topic.

1st Rule: First-Come-First-Served with price evaluation.

2nd Rule: Miners switch to better paying orders gradually not instantly (to prevent too frequent disconnect and work restarts on miners).

Example 1:

Let's presume currently there are a couple of running orders:

Order #12 @ price 0.9 … 1 Gh/s limit … running (100 miners)
Order #11 @ price 0.8 … no limit  … running (all remaining miners)
Order #15 @ price 0.7 … no limit  … in queue
Order #10 @ price 0.5 … no limit  … in queue

Event: Order #11 was finished, new list:

Order #15 @ price 0.7 … no limit  … running (all remaining miners)
Order #10 @ price 0.5 … no limit  … in queue

Event: Order #10 is edited at price 0.7, new list:

Order #15 @ price 0.7 … no limit  … running (all remaining miners)
Order #10 @ price 0.7 … no limit  … in queue

Order #10 stays in queue even if it was submitted before Order #15, because Order #15 was first to set higher price. This is to prevent placeholders – one would submit placeholder orders with very small prices and then would just increase price when the opportunity would be good and thus overtake all other bidders with initial same pricing. We don't support this, because it is not fair. The first that sets a particular price will be first served at that particular price. No overtaking at same price level (the same logic is used by cryptocurrency exchanges).

Example 2:

Event: A new order Order #13 is added at price 0.9 (the same logic would be if this would be edit of an existing order by increasing price at existing order), new list:

Order #13 @ price 0.9 … no limit  … waiting (waiting for miners)

Note that even if Order #13 is set at higher price it's still waiting for miners. It will take several minutes before miners will start to get assigned to new order (to prevent too frequent disconnect and work restarts on miners). New list after some time:

Order #13 @ price 0.9 … no limit  … running (some miners)

After some more time:

Order #13 @ price 0.9 … no limit  … running (all remaining miners)

Notice that order Order #11 is finished and out of the list. Even if it was lower paying than Order #13 it was finished before because obviously the order budget was spent meanwhile miners were switching to other order(s).

Keep in mind that order/miner switching is even more diverse when there are lots of orders and lots of price changing. In such times one must be patient and carefully monitor the situation. Also, keep in mind that NiceHash doesn't provide it's own hashing power but redirects hashing power from external providers. This way we are able to provide buyers with hashing power on demand, but on a bidding basis and gradual miners switching. Gradual miners switching protects miners and ensures higher efficiency - even at the cost of slightly, but truly slightly lower paying average - efficiency is more valuable and eventually brings better profits for providers. This concept gives attractive pricing for buyers and good payments for providers, but of course can't provide real-time (true on-demand, at click time) hashing power. Usually the ones that are able to predict these "hot" times and are able to bid prices high enough in advance are best served. We also welcome you to utilize our API https://nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=api which will allow you to automate orders handling and make buying hashing power at NiceHash even more effective.

BTW: we did rigorous testing to provide proper order sorting but if you still encounter some cases that doesn't comply with the rules, described above, please let us know via email to info@nicehash.com

Example: last night I put in an order for 1.0. With a maximum of 2gh. I never got the 2gh filled yet below me there were orders of 0.8 completely filling up to 3gh and their order was placed AFTER mine.

TheFridge Are you sure this was a new order for price 1.0? If you were editing existing order, that this would explain the described behavior. If not please send us your order# as well as other order#s (if you have them) to info@nicehash.com. Thanks!

Thanks for using NiceHash and we all wish you nice hashing!
newuser01

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:35:34 AM

Hi,

Some users were complaining about improper orders sorting, so here I'll explain in details the logic of orders sorting. Sorry for the late replay, but we had to double check the algorithm on our test systems. There is nothing wrong with orders sorting, it just needs a bit of additional explanation. The logic of orders sorting is not trivial. We'll also add a separate FAQ for this topic.

1st Rule: First-Come-First-Served with price evaluation.

2nd Rule: Miners switch to better paying orders gradually not instantly (to prevent too frequent disconnect and work restarts on miners).

Example 1:

Order #11 @ price 0.8 … no limit  … running (all remaining miners)
Order #15 @ price 0.7 … no limit  … in queue
Order #10 @ price 0.5 … no limit  … in queue

Event: Order #11 was finished, new list:

Order #15 @ price 0.7 … no limit  … running (all remaining miners)
Order #10 @ price 0.5 … no limit  … in queue

Event: Order #10 is edited at price 0.7, new list:

Order #15 @ price 0.7 … no limit  … running (all remaining miners)
Order #10 @ price 0.7 … no limit  … in queue

Order #10 stays in queue even if it was submitted before Order #15, because Order #15 was first to set higher price. This is to prevent placeholders – one would submit placeholder orders with very small prices and then would just increase price when the opportunity would be good and thus overtake all other bidders with initial same pricing. We don't support this, because it is not fair. The first that sets a particular price will be first served at that particular price. No overtaking at same price level (the same logic is used by cryptocurrency exchanges).

Example 2:

Event: A new order Order #13 is added at price 0.9 (the same logic would be if this would be edit of an existing order by increasing price at existing order), new list:

Order #13 @ price 0.9 … no limit  … waiting (waiting for miners)

Note that even if Order #13 is set at higher price it's still waiting for miners. It will take several minutes before miners will start to get assigned to new order (to prevent too frequent disconnect and work restarts on miners). New list after some time:

Order #13 @ price 0.9 … no limit  … running (some miners)

After some more time:

Order #13 @ price 0.9 … no limit  … running (all remaining miners)

Notice that order Order #11 is finished and out of the list. Even if it was lower paying than Order #13 it was finished before because obviously the order budget was spent meanwhile miners were switching to other order(s).

Keep in mind that order/miner switching is even more diverse when there are lots of orders and lots of price changing. In such times one must be patient and carefully monitor the situation. Also, keep in mind that NiceHash doesn't provide it's own hashing power but redirects hashing power from external providers. This way we are able to provide buyers with hashing power on demand, but on a bidding basis and gradual miners switching. Gradual miners switching protects miners and ensures higher efficiency - even at the cost of slightly, but truly slightly lower paying average - efficiency is more valuable and eventually brings better profits for providers. This concept gives attractive pricing for buyers and good payments for providers, but of course can't provide real-time (true on-demand, at click time) hashing power. Usually the ones that are able to predict these "hot" times and are able to bid prices high enough in advance are best served. We also welcome you to utilize our API https://nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=api which will allow you to automate orders handling and make buying hashing power at NiceHash even more effective.

BTW: we did rigorous testing to provide proper order sorting but if you still encounter some cases that doesn't comply with the rules, described above, please let us know via email to info@nicehash.com

Example: last night I put in an order for 1.0. With a maximum of 2gh. I never got the 2gh filled yet below me there were orders of 0.8 completely filling up to 3gh and their order was placed AFTER mine.

TheFridge Are you sure this was a new order for price 1.0? If you were editing existing order, that this would explain the described behavior. If not please send us your order# as well as other order#s (if you have them) to info@nicehash.com. Thanks!

Thanks for using NiceHash and we all wish you nice hashing!

That is not correct, you have a bug in the system.

I have had my orders in place for several days without changing the price and I still get new orders ahead of me.

Like this:
Order #12 @ price 0.9 … 3 Gh/s limit … running (400 miners)
Order #10 @ price 0.6 … no limit  … in queue

and after awhile it can look like this when #11 is filled.  #10 gets a very short burst mining until #13 places his order infront

Order #13 @ price 0.6 … no limit  … running (all remaining miners)

and #10 never gets filled because whoever does it puts 3Gh or no limit and that's pretty much all the miners there are..
nicehashdev

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:21:10 AM

+1

It may take quite some time for order to fill full 2ghs. Make sure you put enough amount into it, else your order will run out before being filled.
nicehashdev

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:27:37 AM

That is not correct, you have a bug in the system.

I have had my orders in place for several days without changing the price and I still get new orders ahead of me.

Like this:

and after awhile it can look like this when #11 is filled.  #10 gets a very short burst mining until #13 places his order infront

Order #13 @ price 0.6 … no limit  … running (all remaining miners)

and #10 never gets filled because whoever does it puts 3Gh or no limit and that's pretty much all the miners there are..

After checking up, there is no bug in current system. Whatever caused this was a one-time event due to some maintenance we did to increase performance of servers. We are sorry about that.
tuppleware

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:13:52 PM

Looking for assistance:

I have two Dragon 1ths miners.  Have registered and pointed to nicehash.  My total hash speed is only averaging about 950ghs for the last 17 hours or so.  Can anyone assist me with getting closer to the 2ths that I should be getting?  Also, is there a way to configure that allows you to see stats per miner on nicehash?
Humancell

Activity: 63

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:35:24 PM

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

This is brilliant ... and NiceHash.com you *REALLY* ought to add this!!

CSA1234 can you post a specific link that shows where this is paying?  Is this GridCoin related?
charmees

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:34:34 PM

getting always this:

pool failed to authorize : stratum.nicehash.com:3336

connection details :

stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3336
16WM3VSjgK25F4HruKBmwZKxpWMXoDJ9LK
p=1

suggestions?
nicehashdev

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:43:23 PM

Set lower p or omit it out and use password x.
charmees

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:50:21 PM

how much is normal for 11 mh?
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:51:37 PM

Scrypt profitabilities and bitcoin profitability itself have gone down quite a bit so...

Please increase the decimal precision by one order!
nicehashdev

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:55:47 PM

Scrypt profitabilities and bitcoin profitability itself have gone down quite a bit so...

Please increase the decimal precision by one order!

On todo list.

how much is normal for 11 mh?

Check first page - statistics and see what is currently being paid. If you set higher p than this, then your miner will not work on NiceHash.
charmees

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:57:20 PM

aah ofcourse. I joined when x11 was around 2. and never thought it will be 1 . so set 1 and forgot. thanks!
BitcoinGeekBoy

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:06:27 PM

Any ideas what X11 coin people are mining that they are willing to pay 1.6171 BTC/GH/Day right now?

TheMoen

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:08:44 PM

Trying to create an order with the API buy i get this:
{"result":{"error":"Not enough data provided."},"method":"orders.create"}
Could someone help me?

https://www.nicehash.com/api?method=orders.create&id=HiddenId&key=HiddenApiKey&algo=0&amount=0.01&price=2.2&limit=0.05&pool_host=pool.randompool.com&pool_port=3333&pool_user=TheMoen.1&pool_password=x
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: