Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:45:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][STD] StandardCoin - BUILT-IN EXCHANGE - Permanently Rising Rate  (Read 25312 times)
jomay

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:28:09 AM

Judging by hashrate and the other thread, you are in minority my dear noob/sockpuppet/naive/whatever you are Wink
Why do you bother posting like a plague if only so few people are affected? If they are affected at all?

Nope sorry, if you read his op, all the wording points to a secure investment, constantly rising in value, even if he doesn't directly state "you cannot lose money".
Hmm so you started making assumptions that are not or only loosely based on the Devs initial post - and you blame the author for that? Odd.

It's a scheme made so he'll always profit no matter what and the risk (practically certainty, cause someone WILL lose everything at some point with a ponzi, only a matter of time. While with legit investments it's not certain at all) is masked.
First, the Dev does NOT profit no matter what. He can only "profit" if he is dishonest. Simply handing over BTC to the dev for some purpose (guaranteeing the minimum price) does NOT make this a scam. Only if the dev takes the money and runs away with it. Using that argument you should call every BTC exchange and even normal banks a "scam" - as they could in theory walk away with your money.

Second, if you had read the definition of "Ponzi" carefully you would know that Standardcoin is NOT a prime example for a Ponzi. STD does not pay a return stream from new investor funds. Furthermore, it is pretty transparent what happens behind the scenes. If at all STD is similar to a pyramid scheme or to an economic bubble, as defined in Wikipedia:
Quote from: Wikipedia
An economic bubble: A bubble is similar to a Ponzi scheme in that one participant gets paid by contributions from a subsequent participant (until inevitable collapse). A bubble involves ever-rising prices in an open market (for example stock, housing, or tulip bulbs) where prices rise because buyers bid more because prices are rising. Bubbles are often said to be based on the "greater fool" theory. As with the Ponzi scheme, the price exceeds the intrinsic value of the item, but unlike the Ponzi scheme, there is no single person misrepresenting the intrinsic value.

Obviously, some people call BTC a Ponzi - if you are one of them feel free to call STD a Ponzi as well.

BTC 1NoV8NFSB7eiuK2aABFtBTdUdXhbEdG7Ss
LTC LaFyWSfzKY7CKwwmbxhyf8S2iJvfT7JFtL YAC YKKwR5B64Z9ww971J42vEGVPaema623Tz6
ghibly79
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

Crypto entrepreneur and consultant

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:57:17 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 02:32:52 PM by ghibly79

And? I was talking about STD not being supported except by you and very few others. How your personal hashrate is related is a total mistery to mankind. Poor trolling attempt.

You need to learn basic English, this is an English speaking forum.  When you first mentioned it, you didn't qualify the word hashrate with an adjective, and you didn't even say who you were replying to!  And in fact later on when I said "What's my hashrate then?" you didn't say you weren't talking about mine.

Anyone know where the killfile option is on here?  This could be a nice tidy conversation without ghibly in it.  What is a ghibly anyway?  Sounds like a troll to me!  Some kinda Hobbit character or what?

Whatever xD I was talking about network hashrate being abysmally low thus contradicting your thesis that I was the only "detractor" there. You need to learn basic reading comprehension, no matter the language (my english is most likely better than yours even if you are a native speaker btw xD).
Mr. glass climbing troll.
hucker

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:17:57 PM

And? I was talking about STD not being supported except by you and very few others. How your personal hashrate is related is a total mistery to mankind. Poor trolling attempt.

You need to learn basic English, this is an English speaking forum.  When you first mentioned it, you didn't qualify the word hashrate with an adjective, and you didn't even say who you were replying to!  And in fact later on when I said "What's my hashrate then?" you didn't say you weren't talking about mine.

Anyone know where the killfile option is on here?  This could be a nice tidy conversation without ghibly in it.  What is a ghibly anyway?  Sounds like a troll to me!  Some kinda Hobbit character or what?

Whatever xD I was talking about network hashrate being abysmally low thus contraddicting your thesis that I was the only "detractor" there. You need to learn basic reading comprehension, no matter the language (my english is most likely better than yours even if you are a native speaker btw xD).
Mr. glass climbing troll.

There are about 200 altcoins, the hashrate is spread too thinly.  Nothing to do with STD coins, which are very new by the way so won't have a decent hashrate yet.  Most miners just mine what's on Cryptsy.

As for English, "contraddicting"?  "english"?
ghibly79
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

Crypto entrepreneur and consultant

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:13:35 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 03:10:39 PM by ghibly79

Judging by hashrate and the other thread, you are in minority my dear noob/sockpuppet/naive/whatever you are Wink
Why do you bother posting like a plague if only so few people are affected? If they are affected at all?

Nope sorry, if you read his op, all the wording points to a secure investment, constantly rising in value, even if he doesn't directly state "you cannot lose money".
Hmm so you started making assumptions that are not or only loosely based on the Devs initial post - and you blame the author for that? Odd.

It's a scheme made so he'll always profit no matter what and the risk (practically certainty, cause someone WILL lose everything at some point with a ponzi, only a matter of time. While with legit investments it's not certain at all) is masked.
First, the Dev does NOT profit no matter what. He can only "profit" if he is dishonest. Simply handing over BTC to the dev for some purpose (guaranteeing the minimum price) does NOT make this a scam. Only if the dev takes the money and runs away with it. Using that argument you should call every BTC exchange and even normal banks a "scam" - as they could in theory walk away with your money.

Second, if you had read the definition of "Ponzi" carefully you would know that Standardcoin is NOT a prime example for a Ponzi. STD does not pay a return stream from new investor funds. Furthermore, it is pretty transparent what happens behind the scenes. If at all STD is similar to a pyramid scheme or to an economic bubble, as defined in Wikipedia:
An economic bubble: A bubble is similar to a Ponzi scheme in that one participant gets paid by contributions from a subsequent participant (until inevitable collapse). A bubble involves ever-rising prices in an open market (for example stock, housing, or tulip bulbs) where prices rise because buyers bid more because prices are rising. Bubbles are often said to be based on the "greater fool" theory. As with the Ponzi scheme, the price exceeds the intrinsic value of the item, but unlike the Ponzi scheme, there is no single person misrepresenting the intrinsic value.

Obviously, some people call BTC a Ponzi - if you are one of them feel free to call STD a Ponzi as well.

At least someone who tries to post reasoned replies and not random troll gibberish. Unfortunately you are wrong.

You are right on this one point though: "the dev is not profiting no matter what, he has to run with the money at some point" (except if no new investors come and mining stops, or is very low, and ipoers decide to dump. Then he'll pay back ipo investors a fraction of their investment and will keep most of it. Which is a very likely scenario, btw). My fault with that last statement, wasn't 100% accurate, I rushed it. Fair is fair.

This is not changing the main problem anyway: he worded the thread to make you think you cannot lose money and that there will always be enough btc to buy back std at GER. The first part you can argue is only an assumption (sophism, cause it's very very clear) but the second part is plainly false, cause he'll be using new investors' money to pay either the miners or ipo investors dumping, or a mix. Or ipo money to pay the other two. Whoever dumps last will be losing money, mathematically.

So he is deceiving new investors to pour money into the ponzi, so he can keep it running, trying to mask what it is and keeping the option to run with the money open if the sum gets large enough.

Banks and btc are not ponzis (well maybe banks xD) cause, in the case of btc, NOBODY is guaranteeing he's going to buy back all your btc at initial investment cost.

This IS a Ponzi cause only one person is (deceivingly) misinterpreting intrinsic value, leading investors to believe this value will be always at least enough to recover initial investment, while that's not the case.
hucker

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:14:13 PM

At least someone who tries to post reasoned replies and not random troll gibberish. Unfortunately you are wrong.

You are right on this one point though: "the dev is not profiting no matter what, he has to run with the money at some point" (except if no new investors come and mining stops, or is very low, and ipoers decide to dump. Then he'll pay back ipo investors a fraction of their investment and will keep most of it. Which is a very likely scenario, btw). My fault with that last statement, wasn't 100% accurate, I rushed it. Fair is fair.

This is not changing the main problem anyway: he worded the thread to make you think you cannot lose money and that there will always be enough btc to buy back std at GER. The first part you can argue is only an assumption (sophism, cause it's very very clear) but the second part is plainly false, cause he'll be using new investors' money to pay either the miners or ipo investors dumping, or a mix. Or ipo money to pay the other two. Whoever dumps last will be losing money, mathematically.

So he is deceiving new investors to pour money into the ponzi, so he can keep it running, trying to mask what it is and keeping the option to run with the money open if the sum gets large enough.

Banks and btc are not ponzis (well maybe banks xD) cause, in the case of btc, NOBODY is guaranteeing he's going to buy back all your btc at initial investment cost.

This IS a Ponzi cause only one person is (deceivingly) misinterpreting intrinsic value, leading investors to believe this value will be always at least enough to recover initial investment, while that's not the case.

Yawn.....
supermeatboy385

Activity: 139

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:00:53 PM

Hey

I sent 10k STD to bittrex before i updated to the KGW-Patch.
Can you please acces this blockchainfork and resend them?
I mined forever to get this amount Sad
Transaction details:
Datum: 11.04.2014 10:07
An: bittrex sNMHhDPR6z1qHrKdMDQKfzvj6fS5e5UK1w
Belastung: -10523.59673651 STD
Nettobetrag: -10523.59673651 STD
Transaktions-ID: 1d7a7d1190d3147ac7706a83a33552600f17deef84d3b4655f39f030a00035eb
My STD adress:sdFoU6Kcv13UGHR7uz4Ye12LKY9jhomw9L
hucker

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:06:39 PM

Hey

Transaction details:
Transaktions-ID: 1d7a7d1190d3147ac7706a83a33552600f17deef84d3b4655f39f030a00035eb

If you sent them to the wrong fork, they're not really sent.  If you delete your copy of the blockchain and re-download it with the new wallet version, you should still have your coins.  Close your wallet program, delete everything in c:\users\{your computer username}\Appdata\Roaming\StandardCoin EXCEPT wallet.dat,m then reopen the wallet program and let it re-download the chain.  Never delete wallet.dat, and keep a backup of it, that's your key to what money you have in the blockchain.  Even if the file is out of date, you still have access to whatever coins you currently have, as that information is stored globally in the blockchain.
SweetLou

Activity: 210

http://Sweet.Domains

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 09:09:18 PM

wow... so I do the right thing and defend this coin from the asshole that is ghibly79 and he is accusing me of being a sockpuppet? Just because someone disagrees with your actions doesn't mean they are a sock puppet. It is petty bullshit like this that ruins the forum.

I sell domain names, check out my thread here or you can also visit my website Sweet.Domains.
hucker

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:14:47 PM

wow... so I do the right thing and defend this coin from the asshole that is ghibly79 and he is accusing me of being a sockpuppet? Just because someone disagrees with your actions doesn't mean they are a sock puppet. It is petty bullshit like this that ruins the forum.

+1
supermeatboy385

Activity: 139

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:20:13 PM

Hey

Transaction details:

If you sent them to the wrong fork, they're not really sent.  If you delete your copy of the blockchain and re-download it with the new wallet version, you should still have your coins.  Close your wallet program, delete everything in c:\users\{your computer username}\Appdata\Roaming\StandardCoin EXCEPT wallet.dat,m then reopen the wallet program and let it re-download the chain.  Never delete wallet.dat, and keep a backup of it, that's your key to what money you have in the blockchain.  Even if the file is out of date, you still have access to whatever coins you currently have, as that information is stored globally in the blockchain.

Thats what i did.The transaction is still displayed,and even with a new blockchain with updated wallet i get 0 confirmations for it.
I deleted the new dat,let the blockhain update and then inserted the original.dat aswell,which didnt work aswell.
SweetLou

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 09:29:08 PM

Hey

Transaction details:

Thats what i did.The transaction is still displayed,and even with a new blockchain with updated wallet i get 0 confirmations for it.
I deleted the new dat,let the blockhain update and then inserted the original.dat aswell,which didnt work aswell.

what I did was copy my wallet.dat to another location.
then I deleted the whole "standardcoin" folder in %appdata% folder.
then i launched the new exe
let the blockchain download again.
the replace the new wallet.dat with the old one.

I sell domain names, check out my thread here or you can also visit my website Sweet.Domains.
hucker

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:33:11 PM

Hey

Transaction details:

I had that problem with another coin a few months ago.  I'd tried to send a transaction out from the wallet while it was out of sync (never do that!), my wallet.dat file had the transaction listed, but it had never been sent out to the rest of the world.  I fixed it by replacing my wallet.dat with an earlier backup (and also deleting all other files).  The earlier version of wallet.dat didn't have the faulty transaction in it.  When it re-downloaded the blockchain, the coins were back in my wallet and I did a fresh transaction.

If you don't have a backup (why not?), there is a way to manually edit the wallet.dat, but it's not easy.
Rainer4256

Activity: 196

For the benefit of medical research

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:55:22 PM

+2

ReserveShare - 100% Free and Fair. New source code. Proof Of Reserve
CureCoin: B78ozT6ChVMxiB5dMaY9d5rdzZ5GZvn9hT -- A giant leap for mankind! -- Start folding proteins now.
BitcoinDark: RF4asDkANqyb65yHaoEX8X896ek8eKrLhL -- Unprecedented! Check it out.
tattooist

Activity: 172

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:19:19 PM

+1 .. clearest explantion of what this coin is (most likely) about
hucker

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:22:20 PM

+1 .. clearest explantion of what this coin is (most likely) about

Innocent until proven guilty.  Do you live in the dark ages?  Shall we drown the dev and see if he's a witch?
Rainer4256

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:38:56 PM

Innocent until proven guilty.  Do you live in the dark ages?  Shall we drown the dev and see if he's a witch?

Haha! Good point.  Grin

CureCoin: B78ozT6ChVMxiB5dMaY9d5rdzZ5GZvn9hT -- A giant leap for mankind! -- Start folding proteins now.
tattooist

Activity: 172

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:04:36 PM

(most likely) << you understand what this means? this might help http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_the_word_most_likely_mean#slide=1

hucker

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:08:11 PM

(most likely) << you understand what this means? this might help http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_the_word_most_likely_mean#slide=1

It means you're assuming probable guilt when in actual fact we don't know.  Go sleep with ghibly, nobody else is interested in your crazy theories.  And in the style of ghibly.... I think you're his soque.
Rainer4256

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:30:56 PM

"Most likely" means a very high probability.

SweetLou

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 12:11:08 AM

^^^
ghibly79's sockpuppet

(according to his logic atleast)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: