Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:55:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How long before Bitcoinica takes a permanent dirt nap?
Never: It's the greatest thing since sliced bread, tastes great and less filling with no bitter aftertaste.
By the end of the first week of February 2012.
By the end of the first week of April 2012.
By the end of the first week of July 2012.
Not long after the Yakuza has finally sold all their bitcoins.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinica: When does it implode?  (Read 7153 times)
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 02:23:33 AM

Never?

Why it should implode? Especially now that it is having huge success?

The fact that you cannot long what you want on them doesn't means they are "broken". It's like saying your internet connection is broken because you are limited in speed and you cannot download faster. Or the hard disk is broken because it only allow you to put 2TB of data on them (it's a 2TB one of course)

You obviously speak from a rich set of metaphors built from a broad life experience. I am awed by your attempt at reasoning. Awed.

Never mind that such an act by a licensed broker-dealer in the U.S. or U.K. could result in shutdown by the relevant regulatory agency. Of course, from the viewpoint of an investor in Bitcoinica it could certainly be construed as a technical act of bankruptcy, which would give them some out.

I don't know what the equivalent legal requirements would be in Singapore, would the operators of Bitcoinica be caned if they couldn't pay off the right officials?

You seem to be confused as to what and whom you are dealing with. This is a BITCOIN forum...you aren't going to find many people to back your demand for regulation and government nannies to protect your pocketbook.

What is the point of this thread? Do you want to be cool and troll the hell out of Zhoutong like cypherdoc? Cause you aren't very good at it...

If you don't like it, make a better one. No one gives a flying fuck what you think, our only concern is what you do.

You really said "back your demand for regulation and government nannies to protect your pocketbook". You really said that.

Thanks for the image of a fat, clueless white man bringing his favorite bogeyman along so he can have an opponent with which to show everyone his shadow boxing prowess. Look at 'em jiggle boys, he's a tough one!

I don't get it.

Also, fat jokes? Seriously? Odds are that despite my morbid obesity, I could rip both your arms off your torso...unless you are up several stairs. Then I can't get to you...but if I could...

You don't get it? You are more of a dumbass that I thought. Think hard about what I actually said or didn't say, and then see if your straw man, or in your case more likely a blowup doll, wants to argue reactionary politics with you.

It's been a long time since I boxed in the military and it's not like I would bother anyway, blowing your head off would work just fine. It's something I got a lot of practice at, I'm quite sure I still remember how. I know - how are you with a knife? I collected ears back in the day and took some scalps as well to commemorate the customs of my ancestors. Slowly skinning your bloated carcass alive would really bring back some fond memories of field interrogations I performed. Man, I had the touch, everyone said so, I used to get a lot of special requests from my associates. I'm sure it would be just like riding a bicycle, one never forgets.

Cool story bro. I see you like Apocalypse Now. I thought that was a good film as well.

Before my time old man. Central America offered plenty of work for private contractors back in the 80s. By the time Desert Storm came around, my reserve status was standby.

So you were a murderer for hire? Cool story bro. I see you like Rambo. I also enjoyed that film.

I feel a quote pyramid coming on.

I'm in.

714: I think we've found your hero.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57351021/suspect-in-mt-rainier-shooting-found-dead-in-snow/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 03:03:28 AM

Never?

The fact that you cannot long what you want on them doesn't means they are "broken". It's like saying your internet connection is broken because you are limited in speed and you cannot download faster. Or the hard disk is broken because it only allow you to put 2TB of data on them (it's a 2TB one of course)

You obviously speak from a rich set of metaphors built from a broad life experience. I am awed by your attempt at reasoning. Awed.

Never mind that such an act by a licensed broker-dealer in the U.S. or U.K. could result in shutdown by the relevant regulatory agency. Of course, from the viewpoint of an investor in Bitcoinica it could certainly be construed as a technical act of bankruptcy, which would give them some out.

I don't know what the equivalent legal requirements would be in Singapore, would the operators of Bitcoinica be caned if they couldn't pay off the right officials?

You seem to be confused as to what and whom you are dealing with. This is a BITCOIN forum...you aren't going to find many people to back your demand for regulation and government nannies to protect your pocketbook.

What is the point of this thread? Do you want to be cool and troll the hell out of Zhoutong like cypherdoc? Cause you aren't very good at it...

If you don't like it, make a better one. No one gives a flying fuck what you think, our only concern is what you do.

You really said "back your demand for regulation and government nannies to protect your pocketbook". You really said that.

Thanks for the image of a fat, clueless white man bringing his favorite bogeyman along so he can have an opponent with which to show everyone his shadow boxing prowess. Look at 'em jiggle boys, he's a tough one!

I don't get it.

Also, fat jokes? Seriously? Odds are that despite my morbid obesity, I could rip both your arms off your torso...unless you are up several stairs. Then I can't get to you...but if I could...

You don't get it? You are more of a dumbass that I thought. Think hard about what I actually said or didn't say, and then see if your straw man, or in your case more likely a blowup doll, wants to argue reactionary politics with you.

It's been a long time since I boxed in the military and it's not like I would bother anyway, blowing your head off would work just fine. It's something I got a lot of practice at, I'm quite sure I still remember how. I know - how are you with a knife? I collected ears back in the day and took some scalps as well to commemorate the customs of my ancestors. Slowly skinning your bloated carcass alive would really bring back some fond memories of field interrogations I performed. Man, I had the touch, everyone said so, I used to get a lot of special requests from my associates. I'm sure it would be just like riding a bicycle, one never forgets.

Cool story bro. I see you like Apocalypse Now. I thought that was a good film as well.

Before my time old man. Central America offered plenty of work for private contractors back in the 80s. By the time Desert Storm came around, my reserve status was standby.

So you were a murderer for hire? Cool story bro. I see you like Rambo. I also enjoyed that film.

I'm in.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57351021/suspect-in-mt-rainier-shooting-found-dead-in-snow/

What do you mean you're in? I don't fully understand that statement. Can you clarify for me?

RandyFolds

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 03:21:16 AM

Never?

I don't get it.

I'm in.

What do you mean you're in? I don't fully understand that statement. Can you clarify for me?

Well, see, it was a commentary on the state of politics in the middle east. 'I'm' represents western influence and 'in' symbolizes the juxtaposition between it and local muslim culture. A veritable powderkeg of deep thought, really.

You know...this might just all be over you head, faggot. I was killing babies in Panama and making necklaces out of their severed limbs -all while not catching Noriega- when you were still in diapers.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 03:27:02 AM

Never?

I don't get it.

I'm in.

Well, see, it was a commentary on the state of politics in the middle east. 'I'm' represents western influence and 'in' symbolizes the juxtaposition between it and local muslim culture. A veritable powderkeg of deep thought, really.

You know...this might just all be over you head, faggot. I was killing babies in Panama and making necklaces out of their severed limbs -all while not catching Noriega- when you were still in diapers.

Contrary to your opinion of me sir, I am neither a homosexual nor interested in warfare. I am however interested in alpaca socks. Not socks made out of alpaca fur mind you, actual full-sized alpacas I can stick my feet in and have them walk for me.

Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 03:29:30 AM

Never?

I don't get it.

I'm in.

Contrary to your opinion of me sir, I am neither a homosexual nor interested in warfare. I am however interested in alpaca socks. Not socks made out of alpaca fur mind you, actual full-sized alpacas I can stick my feet in and have them walk for me.

AHHHH OKAY, thank you so much for the succinct clarification.  I was under the EMBARRASSING assumption that you ACTUALLY meant socks that ALPACAS WEAR, for when their fur is just not enough to protect from the elements.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 03:36:37 AM

Never?

I don't get it.

I'm in.

AHHHH OKAY, thank you so much for the succinct clarification.  I was under the EMBARRASSING assumption that you ACTUALLY meant socks that ALPACAS WEAR, for when their fur is just not enough to protect from the elements.

That is just plain absurd, sir. Alpacas would never wear socks without shoes. I can see how my clarification was necessary but now I feel that further clarification is necessary based on your assumptions.

RandyFolds

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 04:17:59 AM

Never?

I don't get it.

I'm in.

That is just plain absurd, sir. Alpacas would never wear socks without shoes. I can see how my clarification was necessary but now I feel that further clarification is necessary based on your assumptions.

I personally have never seen an alpaca, and therefore doubt their veracity.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 04:23:04 AM

Never?

I don't get it.

I'm in.

I've seen Nefario. I believe he is an alpaca.

julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 04:31:02 AM

I doubt the existence of someone who assumes that because they haven't seen any alpacas, alpacas are liars.
Whatever it is alpacas lie about, they're probably too good at it for you to tell just by looking at them anyway.

oh.. and pyramids are evil.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 04:39:13 AM

I doubt the existence of someone who assumes that because they haven't seen any alpacas, alpacas are liars.
Whatever it is alpacas lie about, they're probably too good at it for you to tell just by looking at them anyway.

..yet inevitable.

RandyFolds

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 04:47:33 AM

..yet inevitable.

and somewhat erotic...
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 05:14:18 AM

..yet inevitable.

and somewhat erotic...

I've found a new respect for the both of you. I call it a new found respect.
You quoted three people. One of us is going to be very disappointed when you clarify your statement.

julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 07:59:13 AM

..yet inevitable.

and somewhat erotic...

I've found a new respect for the both of you. I call it a new found respect.
You quoted three people. One of us is going to be very disappointed when you clarify your statement.
Don't worry, you're safe.

Somehow we seem to be entangled in a sordid Alpaca nest. I'm not sure this is safe behaviour at all.
Put your socks on everybody!

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
zhoutong
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2012, 12:56:30 PM

This thread is a mess.

Perhaps this is a signal that people continue loving/hating Bitcoinica with no more comments?

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 06:05:57 PM

This thread is both long on epicness, and short on pyramid.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 07:38:10 PM

This thread is a mess.

Perhaps this is a signal that people continue loving/hating Bitcoinica with no more comments?

Comments/Questions are taking place elsewhere.  You seem to be ignoring those threads for this silly pyramid game.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
RandyFolds

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 09:44:25 PM

This thread is a mess.

Comments/Questions are taking place elsewhere.  You seem to be ignoring those threads for this silly pyramid game.

Silly pyramid game, indeed.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 09:47:27 PM

This thread is a mess.

Silly pyramid game, indeed.

I will merely participate in the building of this pyramid to implant explosives. Others will do the same to maintain equal footing.  If we don't play fair, it ends in fire.

C4 C4 C4 C4

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Shashi Yakuza

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 05:39:31 AM

Less than 100 poll responses with under half seeing Bitcoinica as viable? The poll should have included a choice like "Doesn't Matter/Don't Care" Wink

C'mon people, that's no way to stuff a ballot box. Don't let it look like this is too small a cult to ever be taken seriously.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 06:21:45 AM

The poll should have included a choice like "Doesn't Matter/Don't Care" Wink

+1

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: